Page 1 of 1
Gameplay of Hurricane Jet-Vac!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#1 Posted: 19:03:52 08/06/2015 | Topic Creator

------
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#2 Posted: 19:10:34 08/06/2015
Hmmm........ I really like Jet Stream's mods. I must say that Jet Vac doesn't seem too different although his vacuum now sees to levitate the enemies instead of pulling them towards you.
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#3 Posted: 19:53:24 08/06/2015
Looks like Golems are back!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 20:06:13 08/06/2015
Geargolems~! VV's trademark Skylander enemies~
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
TTD Hunter Gems: 6229
#5 Posted: 20:10:49 08/06/2015
Those ones look like they could be light geargolems. I'm quite happy that they are returning, those were my favourite villains in Swap Force.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#6 Posted: 20:19:25 08/06/2015
Quote: TTD
Those ones look like they could be light geargolems. I'm quite happy that they are returning, those were my favourite villains in Swap Force.

Most definitely.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#7 Posted: 20:51:01 08/06/2015
Wow the Geargolems look much better now. There was just something too fake about their animations but this one seems a lot more fluid.(and I definately prefer one of those to a Brawl and Chain,thank you very much)

And not going to lie, Jet Stream modded looks really,really good. At least I already have a choice for air vehicle if nothing better shows up.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:54 08/06/2015 by Bifrost
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#8 Posted: 20:53:17 08/06/2015
Looks awesome!
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 21:41:12 08/06/2015
Hurricane Jet-Vac doesn't look too much different from his regular counterpart... Yet it seems to be original enough, gameplay wise.

Again, "50% of the game will be vehicle-focused".
I hope only a small percentage of it is mandatory and the rest is extra areas and Elemental Gates.

If that's the Light Geargolem... I seriously cannot wait to see the Dark ones! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#10 Posted: 21:42:30 08/06/2015
Quote: Aura24

Let's not forget the Greebles. Which... may or may not be returning.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#11 Posted: 21:45:50 08/06/2015
I am excited for this smilie he is one of my favorites and love his vehicle to.
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#12 Posted: 21:46:44 08/06/2015
I'm assuming he has new attacks...I honestly cannot tell because Jet Vac is one of the characters I hated from day one, so I've not played with him since I first got my Giants set. I've never purchased any of his reposes either.

Also has anyone noticed that the video focused way too much on flying? I know it's the gimmick and all that but it really turns me off. It's getting me to wonder if it's going to be too much SuperCharging and not enough Skylandering for me.
---
Stay Cool!
#13 Posted: 21:47:28 08/06/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: Aura24

Let's not forget the Greebles. Which... may or may not be returning.

I think they were Cloudbreak Islands exclusive.

Unless SuperChargers takes places inside them.
After all, the prequel comic do mention Spyro and his team going to a remote and mysterious part of the Skylands...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#14 Posted: 21:52:31 08/06/2015
Greebles are actually ordered from other evildoers, not from Cloudbreak Islands, but Kaos regretted their existence enough to justify them staying to that game.
Jet-Vac seems to only have a new kick-spin attack, didn't see much difference on the others.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:45 08/06/2015 by Bifrost
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#15 Posted: 21:56:51 08/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Greebles are actually ordered from other evildoers, not from Cloudbreak Islands, but Kaos regretted their existence enough to justify them staying to that game.
Jet-Vac seems to only have a new kick-spin attack, didn't see much difference on the others.

Exactly. Greebles arn't true enemies of the Skylanders, when we encounter them in a non-evilized state, we were just on their turf, so it's only natural they attacked us.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#16 Posted: 22:00:00 08/06/2015
Quote: fairyland
I'm assuming he has new attacks...I honestly cannot tell because Jet Vac is one of the characters I hated from day one, so I've not played with him since I first got my Giants set. I've never purchased any of his reposes either.

Also has anyone noticed that the video focused way too much on flying? I know it's the gimmick and all that but it really turns me off. It's getting me to wonder if it's going to be too much SuperCharging and not enough Skylandering for me.

Agree.

Even if there is truly 50% vehicles and 50% platforming, they are really REALLY pushing the former.
I guess it's a marketing choice but some customers or fans may think they are focusing too much on them on the actual game and came to the wrong conclusions.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up, Bifrost! smilie

Sometimes it's hard to keep track of the lore especially since the Greebles were only featured in one game.
I do remember a Story Scroll (maybe the Cascade Glade one) talking about their eggs, but don't remember what it said about them...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:00:36 08/06/2015 by Drek95
#17 Posted: 22:05:10 08/06/2015
Quote: ninja9351

Exactly. Greebles arn't true enemies of the Skylanders, when we encounter them in a non-evilized state, we were just on their turf, so it's only natural they attacked us.

Nope,those are also evil,just not evil enough for Kaos. I'll get the quote from the wiki:

"No one knows where the Greebles came from, but some say they were hatched from eggs. Power hungry wizards and sorcerers can order them by the dozen in the "Minions Monthly" catalog for a relatively afforadable fee, that sometimes go with a free hat."

Might be that story scroll you're talking about,Drek.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:05:39 08/06/2015 by Bifrost
#18 Posted: 22:12:11 08/06/2015
Yes, that's exactly the Story Scroll I was talking about.

So we might see them back after all... Maybe working for Count Moneybone or Baron von Shellshock, this time.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#19 Posted: 22:20:24 08/06/2015
Moneybone is probably still messing with his clockwork army. His entire town doesn't seem unpleased in any way with his methods of sticking ghosts in those - he'll just need to find other power sources than fairy magic and Crystaluminium.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:56:08 08/06/2015 by Bifrost
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#20 Posted: 22:30:17 08/06/2015
yes i have other power sources than fairy magic and Crystaluminium. but i am not gonna tell it here smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#21 Posted: 01:06:06 09/06/2015
Hurricane Jet-Vac is even cooler and stronger than his three previous versions.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#22 Posted: 01:53:17 09/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: TTD

Most definitely.

The Golems have always been my fav...And that Light GearGolem looked way cool...very glad there back.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#23 Posted: 06:22:05 09/06/2015
I get the feeling that the knock back mechanics are back! Made SF such a joy to play because it made fights feel really organic. Its removal in TT seemed like such a step backwards to me. I'm all for increased combat depth and level length.

Gear golems also says Cloudbreak Islands to me. I love the Chompies there - one of their idle animations was to lick their own eyeballs smilie
---
Whip up a storm!
#24 Posted: 08:45:15 09/06/2015
Quote: Angry Rage Quit
I get the feeling that the knock back mechanics are back! Made SF such a joy to play because it made fights feel really organic. Its removal in TT seemed like such a step backwards to me. I'm all for increased combat depth and level length.

Pretty much. I get WHY they were removed, because it was really irrelevant for characters with knockback upgrades(and those seem to work on TT), but there was no need to go to extremes and bolt down everything that wasn't walking. Made the combat feel a lot less fluid,too.

(also Lockmaster Imps started licking their own eyeballs first)
---
#25 Posted: 11:13:16 09/06/2015

Pretty much. I get WHY they were removed, because it was really irrelevant for characters with knockback upgrades(and those seem to work on TT), but there was no need to go to extremes and bolt down everything that wasn't walking. Made the combat feel a lot less fluid,too.

(also Lockmaster Imps started licking their own eyeballs first)

I have to admit, even though I still think SF was flawed, replaying TT I did kinda like VV's fighting mechanics better.
---
Check this out! Please?
#26 Posted: 16:21:00 09/06/2015
My only reference is Giants, and that had waaay better combat. Sure, cramped spaces ahoy and very little room to screw up,but in there you always had a way of getting out unscathed in melee because the enemies had slow turns and long hitstun(especially on fire). In TT, not only they turn around in two, three frames no matter how big, nearly none react to getting hit. No encoraging a strategy or being a whole lot of fun to fight close range - actually no fun at all, changed several skylander paths just to get through Arena Challenges and I'm still getting cheap deaths for being a pixel too close.
---
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#27 Posted: 18:16:55 09/06/2015
My only reference is Giants, and that had waaay better combat. Sure, cramped spaces ahoy and very little room to screw up,but in there you always had a way of getting out unscathed in melee because the enemies had slow turns and long hitstun(especially on fire). In TT, not only they turn around in two, three frames no matter how big, nearly none react to getting hit. No encoraging a strategy or being a whole lot of fun to fight close range - actually no fun at all, changed several skylander paths just to get through Arena Challenges and I'm still getting cheap deaths for being a pixel too close.

I agree with everything here, but you gotta give TT props... The enemies were slow enough for skylanders with slow charges to get a hit in (Targeting Bouncers rockets, Pop Fizz's soul gem)
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:18:06 09/06/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
#28 Posted: 21:22:02 09/06/2015
Maybe,but favoring few is still never the way to go. As I said,you can probably think the same of the knockback upgrades.If you can't find a compromise,at least go for the majority.
---
#29 Posted: 22:48:15 09/06/2015
In TT no character seemed really nerfed to me (Except maybe Grim Creeper or Terrafin... Hoot Lopp and Drill Seargent always sucked)
A lot played better in TT

Everyone was bad in SF:
Shroomboom
Ghost Roaster
Spyro (Why did all of his attacks do the same, low, amount of damage?)
Sonic Boom (Her roar path became TERRIBLE)
Warnado (Became really slow, at least in relation to his damage output)
Drill Seargeant (He does a melee attack when his basic attack is used too close to enemies. This is really sensitive in SF which is bad cause it does drastically less damage in a drastically smaller area)
All of the Giants (Too slow to run from enemies)
-Hot Head (Oil didn't increase the damage done by flames, just made it do some over time. Really small change, really lowers effectiveness)"
Chop Chop - Sheild doesn't fully block damage from projectiles, sword doesn't do enough damage
S2 Prism Break - Wow Pow doesn't do enough damage to justify it's attack-ending nature
Cynder and Flashwing - Just don't do enough damage

And of course
Hoot Loop, Scorp, Zou Lou, Dune Bug - How do you even nerf a new character? But they all were boring.
And in general all old characters did a really low amount of damage.!

If this happens again in SC.... I'll officially hate VV... Not even their pretty visuals and level themes can save them
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 13:11:46 10/06/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
#30 Posted: 22:51:44 09/06/2015
It's not damage nerfs, it's gameplay disavantage. You can't play a melee character unless you make your palm sore by circling enemies nonstop - if you let go for a second,300 damage for you because of a multi-hit move.

Keep in mind I started on Hard. I thought it was like Giants where it just wanted you to play smarter, not more frustrating.
---
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#31 Posted: 22:56:38 09/06/2015
^ Wind-Up got nerfed in TT , HARD. He relied on the knockback mechanics and the glitch that makes him do the charge attack when using the claws too rapidly is so stupid.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#32 Posted: 23:07:59 09/06/2015
Yeah I stay on easy for TT. Don't see the point of raising the difficulty if it won't make it more fun.
I thought TT was very neutral damage-wise. Projectile skylanders like Drobot weren't totally OP, though with you playing on hard I see where you are coming from, having to avoid hits more carefully and all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:57 09/06/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#33 Posted: 13:19:04 10/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blink182Bouncer
In TT no character seemed really nerfed to me (Except maybe Grim Creeper or Terrafin... Hoot Lopp and Drill Seargent always sucked)
A lot played better in TT

Everyone was bad in SF:
Shroomboom
Ghost Roaster
Spyro (Why did all of his attacks do the same, low, amount of damage?)
Sonic Boom (Her roar path became TERRIBLE)
Warnado (Became really slow, at least in relation to his damage output)
Drill Seargeant (He does a melee attack when his basic attack is used too close to enemies. This is really sensitive in SF which is bad cause it does drastically less damage in a drastically smaller area)
All of the Giants (Too slow to run from enemies)
-Hot Head (Oil didn't increase the damage done by flames, just made it do some over time. Really small change, really lowers effectiveness)"
Chop Chop - Sheild doesn't fully block damage from projectiles, sword doesn't do enough damage
S2 Prism Break - Wow Pow doesn't do enough damage to justify it's attack-ending nature
Cynder and Flashwing - Just don't do enough damage

And of course
Hoot Loop, Scorp, Zou Lou, Dune Bug - How do you even nerf a new character? But they all were boring.
And in general all old characters did a really low amount of damage.!

If this happens again in SC.... I'll officially hate VV... Not even their pretty visuals and level themes can save them

Actually, while Spyro's attacks mostly do the same amount of damage, they still got a HUGE boost from SSA and Giants.

His flameballs (On the sheep burner path) did 20 fully upgraded in SSA/Giants, but did 50 in SF (Now 79 in TT). That's a pretty big boost. His S2 Wow-pow did ridiculous damage.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Garygoh884 Gold Sparx Gems: 2854
#34 Posted: 13:51:44 10/06/2015
The top notable characters are said to deal the best damage (and Eon's Elite, thought Jet-Vac would probably be in) than other Skylanders (except Giants and Trap Masters, and SuperChargers if they would). Kids these days...

The "top notable" characters here are probably Spyro; Trigger Happy; Gill Grunt; and others unaminously catches kids' attention like Food Fight, Trap Masters, Giants... are there any more that goes into here? Since Trap Team, developers may be forgetting the "best" characters we wanted to be reposed - from Spyro's Adventure upwards to SWAP Force, but downwards after. Activision's strategy might be surprising by the growth alterment.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:59:29 10/06/2015 by Garygoh884
#35 Posted: 15:00:38 10/06/2015
To think of it, Spyro is the one who'd benefit the most from a Supercharger repose. His basic upgrades and moveset are too limiting to get a useful Wow Pow,and as some said in other topics, the flight upgrade is pretty much useless (no armor upgrade, because of the Charge is anything but faster)except for the ground pound, which could've been the third ability by itself. Give him some more variety and he could get some well deserved improvements and tweaks.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:01:53 10/06/2015 by Bifrost
#36 Posted: 15:36:34 10/06/2015
Personally, I think the biggest issue is that TFB's characters were meant to be played as in TFB's games and the same for VV and their characters. Characters like Wind-Up, Fryno, and Grilla Drilla I have fond memories of playing as in Swap Force, but not so much in Trap Team. Though granted this problem wasn't with all characters. But just imagine, all the issues could be resolved if Activision put Lou Studdert and Guha Bala in a room together and said "You're not coming out or getting any food until your teams work together". ...Okay, maybe not that extreme.
---
Check this out! Please?
#37 Posted: 15:42:33 10/06/2015
But just imagine, all the issues could be resolved if Activision put Lou Studdert and Guha Bala in a room together and said "You're not coming out or getting any food until your teams work together". ...Okay, maybe not that extreme.

Anything close to it should happen though. They're together in this, if this was VV side and TFB side and no inbetween might as well split the Skylanders franchise. No matter the discussion the forum mostly agreed that if they worked together and united their abilities they could go far, in previous "who's better topic".
---
#38 Posted: 15:59:44 10/06/2015
Definitely, they need to cooperate more.

I can understand and appreciate different/parallel storylines but do they really want to change styles, animations, stats, physics and other small and big things every single game?

Just settle with one and keep going with it.

That being said I'm surprised to see characters such as Zoo Lou and Dune Bug labeled as "bad, boring and weak" when I consider them to be some of the best Skylanders around by practically any point of view.
Really makes you understand how subjectivity works. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#39 Posted: 17:14:12 10/06/2015
But just imagine, all the issues could be resolved if Activision put Lou Studdert and Guha Bala in a room together and said "You're not coming out or getting any food until your teams work together". ...Okay, maybe not that extreme.

Wait, doesn't Lou just work for Acti? I think you're thinking of Paul Reiche.....

Either way, that would most likely create in the best Skylanders game yet or......the worst depending on who does what.......
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#40 Posted: 17:22:08 10/06/2015
Damage proportions
SWAP Force: Damage Sponges
TFB: 1-4 Hit kills

That's really my only problem, no happy medium
I like both companies, only other beef is TFB's graphical style...
I really hope VV can do this well...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:24:00 10/06/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me