Page 1 of 1
Anyone Else here Fear for Cards? [CLOSED]
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#1 Posted: 13:20:40 07/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Hey all, just your friendly zookinator, and here's my first topic in Superchargers! But right now, there is something I worry about...\

So, you know those little cards that are included with the Skylander? The ones you might just throw away or give to your younger sibling? Yeah, well, the starter pack appears to not include those, and that really worries me. The reason being is because I use the cards to help catalogue my Skylanders in a book, and whenever somebody visits, I give them the book so they can select who they'd like to play with. Without cards for Superchargers, I won't be able to catalogue the new characters or vehicles!

There are some things to disprove the finality of the starter pack. Such as a zoomed in poster that appears to hold special boxes for stickers. The Starter pack contents do not claim to have stickers, yet there they are on the poster! What do you think, are these cards going to come again? And also, whether or not you believe they'll come back, do you like having the cards, or dislike?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 13:24:09 07/06/2015
I like having the cards, to be point of hesitating a LOT to getting loose figures if they don't have at least that. With younger neighbors around you never know when they won't make up a game with those while I'm showing my humble collection, and like you it works as a checklist when I don't want to rearrange my shelf.
Now, for stickers? Those things only look good on a cellphone at this point,they're so small and smushed together with the logo and the name, and you can get the code ingame. If they're axed I'll miss the SSA ones more than the recent versions.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:24:45 07/06/2015 by Bifrost
Kitah-san Green Sparx Gems: 192
#3 Posted: 13:40:37 07/06/2015
I hope there are cards and stickers with the starter pack. I somewhat do the same with mine however I use them to keep track of my collection.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 13:54:43 07/06/2015
I would be really disappointed if cards don't come back for the same reason.
I like to keep track of my characters and catalogue them too.

And I also agree with you Bifrost.
My OCD twitched a little when I found out there was no card along the Gearshift Activision sent me to "replace" my Rocky Roll... But I will probably be able to get her card once my cousins will buy her.

To be fair I also don't like the fact that all the SuperChargers seem to have really different backgrounds in the artworks we got so far, compared to the previous games.
I like them actually, but hope they will retain the old ones on the cards.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 15:03:42 07/06/2015
I don't really care about the cards or stickers. They really don't have any point to exist aside from being a neat little thing to leave laying around.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#6 Posted: 16:54:49 07/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah Drek, I was rather scared when I noticed a card was missing from my Mirror of Mystery pack, although I soon discovered it simply stuck to my Deja Vu card. Anyway, hopefully cards do return. I never cared too much for the stickers, except for when I needed the toy codes for Lost Islands and Universe. But Universe is shut down, Lost Islands won't work for me, and I can just look up a character code on the Skylander info screen. So yeah, they just stay in a bin where they won't be lost in case I need them.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#7 Posted: 17:32:10 07/06/2015
I stopped caring about cards when my loose Boomer didn't come with one. It just was an all or nothing situation, and I tend to lose cards like that any way so they aren't worth the trouble.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#8 Posted: 17:51:34 07/06/2015
I do the same thing Zookinator and I hope they really do come with cards! smilie
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#9 Posted: 00:05:58 08/06/2015
I imagine they will come with cards, I sure hope so personally.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#10 Posted: 05:33:30 08/06/2015
I love the cards too. I like to organise them in order of who my favourites are.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#11 Posted: 05:52:36 08/06/2015
Am I the only one here who actually dislikes the cards? Because they have no use at all. There's not even a card game about it!
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#12 Posted: 06:37:16 08/06/2015
Heh, at least I am not the only one who still enjoys thinking up games for them...

Geeky as it is, I feel it is part of the collector value. They may not have a designed use outside of cataloging, but discontinuing cards would break my heart-or whatever beats sugar and corn syrup through my veins~.
#13 Posted: 09:01:02 08/06/2015
Quote: Skylander3112
Am I the only one here who actually dislikes the cards? Because they have no use at all. There's not even a card game about it!

They don't need to give you a game to make a game with cards.
Ever heard of Top Trumps? If it has the same values on every card, just use that... Just get Elites out of the deck before someone gets a disavantage.
---
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#14 Posted: 02:45:42 09/06/2015
I hope they have the cards...i have a binder with them all in it.....its part of the collection.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#15 Posted: 04:55:48 09/06/2015
Maybe they are removing the cards as they do nothing for gameplay. The stickers is where the important stuff was.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#16 Posted: 08:42:51 09/06/2015
Stickers are even less important. The codes are in the select menu. At least the cards had the artwork and the average spread of the stats.
---
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#17 Posted: 11:13:47 09/06/2015
Anyone else here use their cards like Top Trumps? We do smilie
Obviously you can't use the ones with no stats.
---
Whip up a storm!
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#18 Posted: 11:34:22 09/06/2015
I sold all my cards from the previous games, haven't sold the trap team ones yet, but only because It isn't complete yet. I had no use for the cards so selling them gave me enough for a few more characters.
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#19 Posted: 13:27:47 09/06/2015
I have all of my cards in a stack in the order that I've gotten all my figures. I will be upset if they don't give us cards or still jersey for Superchargers.
dixielei Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#20 Posted: 14:21:51 09/06/2015
I have binders for all my cards i hope they do bring them in that is the only way i know what i have collected ever since skylanders spyro adventure keeping track in my head is not good so please bring cards back
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#21 Posted: 18:51:38 09/06/2015
Quote: dixielei
I have binders for all my cards i hope they do bring them in that is the only way i know what i have collected ever since skylanders spyro adventure keeping track in my head is not good so please bring cards back

^Same here. The cards are a "collectible" thing that helps keep me organized and is just cool to collect. If they stop doing this, I'm going to be upset.

Where did you hear card and code stickers were not included, zookinator?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:52:04 09/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#22 Posted: 20:28:01 09/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Where did you hear card and code stickers were not included, zookinator?

The released photos of the starter packs. Normally, those images show the cards and stickers fanned out and laying down behind/beside/under/wherever the figures/portal/etc., but this year they're absent from that photo. Additionally, they aren't listed currently (or previously) in the Amazon preorder screens as items which will be included in the box at launch. As meticulous as Activision/Toys for Bob/Vicarious Visions usually are, this seems like a pretty big oversight and fear of these items going missing has a decent foundation for the time being.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#23 Posted: 21:01:59 09/06/2015
I would be infuriated to not have those cards!
I have a whole album I put together of everything that helps me not just to keep track, but I actually enjoy looking through it from time to time like you would with any collector card collection. Allows you to have your own personal Skylanders Handbook.

Hopefully that was just an oversight. Otherwise, this is just one more reason for me to skip this game...and now the figures too. Although not bio, these cards helped give the characters more of an identity and feel more complete having them.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#24 Posted: 21:54:09 09/06/2015
I can see why Activision can send them aside, to save $$$, but Isn't $12.99 robbery???
I keep the cards in a binder to look at, i really like them, it better come with cards!
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#25 Posted: 10:08:43 11/06/2015
No more colored bases, odd looking not so portalish portal, and now possibly no cards?? Might be time to pull out, as these were things I liked and made Skylanders unique.. They bases REALLY helped for novice shoppers and grandparents..
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
#26 Posted: 12:54:54 11/06/2015
Quote: skylander_chaos
No more colored bases, odd looking not so portalish portal, and now possibly no cards?? Might be time to pull out, as these were things I liked and made Skylanders unique.. They bases REALLY helped for novice shoppers and grandparents..

Bingo!

These are (some of) the details which I'm really not liking about this game...
Skylanders had a STRONG series' identity so far, composes by bigger features and smaller ones which not only should but MUST remain unaltered simply because you cannot make them any better, they works perfectly as they are.

The small ones respected through all the legacy by all the titles were there for a reason.
Colored bases, cards, Portal, stickers even the bases themselves!
Do V.V. think we cannot recognize a Fire Skylander simply by looking at the flaming base and thought we needed the Fire symbol on those engines...?

Even the logo screams "look at me! I'm new and shiny!".
But wasn't needed.
Really wasn't needed.

I'm all for innovation gameplay wise but leave what works as it is.
Or else you might make more mistakes than you would think...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:03:00 11/06/2015 by Drek95
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#27 Posted: 13:24:49 11/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: skylander_chaos

Bingo!

These are (some of) the details which I'm really not liking about this game...
Skylanders had a STRONG series' identity so far, composes by bigger features and smaller ones which not only should but MUST remain unaltered simply because you cannot make them any better, they works perfectly as they are.

The small ones respected through all the legacy by all the titles were there for a reason.
Colored bases, cards, Portal, stickers even the bases themselves!
Do V.V. think we cannot recognize a Fire Skylander simply by looking at the flaming base and thought we needed the Fire symbol on those engines...?

Even the logo screams "look at me! I'm new and shiny!".
But wasn't needed.
Really wasn't needed.

I'm all for innovation gameplay wise but leave what works as it is.
Or else you might make more mistakes than you would think...

I think you're over-reacting a bit. Here are my thoughts on all those small changes.

Colored Bases: yes, each new game we got a new colored base to tell the difference. But you have to think. We are still getting a new base for game 5, it's just the actual base is unique to the theme o the game. They'd run out of colors sooner or later. It's not like they could do a different shade of blue per say for air or water. Some of my Swap Force figure have light blue bases and some have dark blue. And also, for non hard core parents who don't know a lot about the series, these bases make it 100 times easier to tell if the character is a new figure or not. "It's orange? I thought they were all red! And now there's blue too?!" Versus "It has an engine, so it's new."

Cards and Stickers: As we've seen, there are a various amount of opinions on this one, mine included. This one really I don't see a point for them not to keep doing it. It probably takes them about 2 cents to make and whatnot, and for those who don't like them they just throw them out. I could see them selling the cards on their own actually haha. Why? Just cause, that's why.

Portal: I think people are under the impression that a Portal need to be round. Think of Harry Potter or Doctor Who. Or even Back to the Future. They all feature things as "portals", not some round thing just lying around. HP has got portkeys, which can literally be anything. DW has the phone booth, don't remember what it's called, I don't watch the show. BttF has the Dalorian, which is a car that acts a Portal to the past and future. Looking at the pictures in the portal theead, it's actually making me kind of like the new one. Besides, though the Trap Team one was really cool to pretty much everyone, one thing I didn't like what that it was a ring with a zit of a prison. While I do really like the TT portal, the new one is really nice to given more time. And it's bigger and not in a round shape, which gives it more room to play with a trap slot, which is a good thing. My poin being I think peple are under the notion that portals = round, which doesn't have to be true.

Here's how I see it. We got people saying they are going to quit the series because there aren't cards or the portal looks dumb. That's one of the stupidest reasons you could quit a game. The things listed above don't impact the gameplay in literally any way, good or bad, so why are these the defining factors to if you stay or not? (Not you personally, im using it as a general term). The game looks great, I think we can all say it's certainly not the raving game we dreaded it could be. Yes, the card collection might never be complete now, but the game is still as good or bad as it would be with the cards included.
#28 Posted: 13:46:48 11/06/2015
I'm indeed over-reacting and I know not all of what I said is even close to being objective, it's just that I really cannot help but feel this way.
I admit I needed to let those thoughts out... Didn't want to sound like a hater, since I absolutely like what I've seen so far.

Colored bases were an important part for the series identity.
Green immediately mean SA, orange Giants, blue SWAP Force and red Trap Team.
They had at least 6 more colors to pick and really, having that engine doesn't escluse the lack of a colored plate under it.
Same goes for the logo.
The colors are more or less the same from the Giants' one but the shape is totally different from the ones of the past four games.
I would have personally preferred another "regular" logo, with the new name and those vehicle features (which I really like, they are perfect for the theme) to keep going with the tradition.

We currently don't know about cards and stickers but I sincerely hope they come back as you said.

My problem is not the shape of the Portal but the general look.
This is a fantasy-esque game, and we had really old and magic-looking Portals so far, vibrating with magical energy all resembling medievals construction, more or less.
You have to expect some criticism if you go from there to a Hot Wheels-like toy.

I know none of these features impact gameplay but are all part of what Skylanders is.
They could simply give us a black disc as the Portal, and bad painted and molded figures and it would still remain a great game (obviously exxagerating here).
Skylanders is a mix of both physical and digital features and if one of those aspects has something I don't like, for one reason or another I think it should be discussed just like upgrades, bonus modes or machanics.

And those are not the only things I'm questioning right now.
As I said those are the small details.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
temperedreason Yellow Sparx Gems: 1351
#29 Posted: 13:48:27 11/06/2015
I'm fairly confident that they will continue doing cards and stickers. If there is still a poster, ya'll, then there'll probably be cards and stickers.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#30 Posted: 08:54:26 13/06/2015
On the website it tells you whats in the starter pack and cards aint in that list
---
now its time to get funky
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#31 Posted: 16:11:03 13/06/2015
Some people fear cards because they are afraid of being labeled as "nerds" for collecting cards. I thought I'd be interested in them, but I'd rather not clutter up my room and closet.
Scraps Red Sparx Gems: 52
#32 Posted: 00:08:49 17/06/2015
I originally really cared about the cards. But then some get damaged due to me not being careful enough in removing them from the package, some get lost and some I don't even get at all due to buying preowned. I cared purely for completeness reasons.

I used the cards to display alongside my figures on the shelf. With Superchargers only adding to the uselessness of the cards to me, I see no point in cards anymore. I will be sad to see them go, however.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#33 Posted: 00:13:15 17/06/2015
The pictures of the wii box show a poster is one of the things you get but nothing it says of there being cards in the box.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me