darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Vehicles compatibility in Skylanders 2016
Page 1 of 1
Vehicles compatibility in Skylanders 2016
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#1 Posted: 06:53:10 07/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I know it's very soon to wonder about that, since Skylanders 2016 is at least about a year and a half from now and we just got official confirmation about 2015's gimmick, but I still wanted to gather other people's thoughts.

Although it is preferable to have Traps do something in Superchargers, I wouldn't have mind if they did not work at all. I buy toys mostly for how they look physically than for what they do in the game. I wouldn't mind if the Vehicles do nothing in Sky 2016.

What about you guys? Considering what the Traps will do in Superchargers compared to what they did in Trap Team, do you expect something similar to happen with Vehicles for Skylanders 2016? Do you think Vehicles should bring more than the Traps in the sequel since they are more expensive and closer to being characters compared to the Traps?
---
bye
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:13 20/06/2015 by newkill
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#2 Posted: 06:57:18 07/06/2015
I don't think there'll be a skylanders 6. I hope Skylanders superchragers is the final game.
But if there is a skylanders 6 Vehicles should just be like a speed boost for 30sec
OR
They could just apper in the game & like go around a circle to kill all near by enemies
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:00:37 07/06/2015 by funnybone
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#3 Posted: 07:07:55 07/06/2015
I'm hoping that they will have an open world and you could use the vehicles to travel the world freely...doubt it'll happen but would be amazing.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#4 Posted: 07:18:52 07/06/2015
Vehicles will become mute and magical items.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#5 Posted: 07:49:34 07/06/2015
With all the effort into mods and customization, I think theres more to it than just 1 game.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 08:37:46 07/06/2015
Not only is a sixth game already being developed by Toys for Bob but it also seems that, just like traps, vehicles will be supported in Skylanders 6 but probably not at their full potential.

Lou talis about it in this video:

They might stop working on it if SuperChargers does REALLY BAD but I don't think that's an option to consider.

He also states that while SuperChargers won't start from where Trap Team left, Skylanders 6 will most likely continue from the end of this year's game.

I don't mind gimmick toys, like Adventure Packs, traps and vehicles not showing their full potential in future games, but I would appreciate if they were at least supported in some way.
I will never say "dammit, I bought too many traps and now they are useless" because I enjoyed using them in Trap Team and would never regret something I enjoyed.

I only really want my Skylanders to be kept as they are and it seem slide both developers thinks the same.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#7 Posted: 12:01:10 07/06/2015
If they gives the vehicles a large role in sky 6, players will be less interested in whatever the new gimmick is....less money. The only way I see the cars being drive-able in sky 6 is even superchargers is so monumentally popular that they are practically forced to.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#8 Posted: 14:06:48 07/06/2015
Quote: funnybone
I don't think there'll be a skylanders 6. I hope Skylanders superchragers is the final game.
But if there is a skylanders 6 Vehicles should just be like a speed boost for 30sec
OR
They could just apper in the game & like go around a circle to kill all near by enemies

I, too, am counting on SuperChargers being the very last game in the series.
#9 Posted: 14:20:59 07/06/2015
A clever way to support vehicles in Skylanders 6 would be allowing them to supercharge the SuperChargers making them temporarily reach level 21 and making them stronger for a limited amoung of time.

Of course only the proper vehicle would supercharge its own Skylander.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#10 Posted: 14:33:48 07/06/2015
An online mode to race against your friends.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#11 Posted: 14:49:21 07/06/2015
Quote: funnybone
OR

Why you don't want an Skylanders 6?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#12 Posted: 18:52:14 07/06/2015
Quote: superhalite
An online mode to race against your friends.

Great idea!

You wouldn't be able to use vehicles during Story Mode but there would be a multiplayer function which let's you race against your friends maybe even using the different mods.

Definitely a respectful and fun way to support vehicles in the sixth game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#13 Posted: 20:05:58 07/06/2015
The biggest problem is the "disruption" of the gimmick. Gimmicks WERE the skylander, now seem to go contrary to the core gaming experience and even skylanders themselves.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#14 Posted: 20:41:57 07/06/2015
Quote: newkill
I know it's very soon to wonder about that, since Skylanders 2016 is at least about a year and a half from now and we just got official confirmation about 2015's gimmick, but I still wanted to gather other people's thoughts.

Although it is preferable to have Traps do something in Superchargers, I wouldn't have mind if they did not work at all. I buy toys mostly for how they look physically than for what they do in the game. I wouldn't mind if the Vehicles do nothing in Sky 2016.

What about you guys? Considering what the Traps will do in Superchargers compared to what they did in Trap Team, do you expect something similar to happen with Vehicles for Skylanders 2016? Do you think Vehicles should bring more than the Traps in the sequel since they are more expensive and closer to being characters compared to the Traps?

Of course they will, TFB and Vicarious Visions have stated several several times before. ALL GAMES FEATURE PAST COMPATIBILITY
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#15 Posted: 20:57:32 07/06/2015
Nope,they never said that. They actually said that foward compatibility may be cut at any time. Their wording on old games is 'we always try to make the old figures compatible' but if one day they change their minds,they changed their minds.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:05 07/06/2015 by Bifrost
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#16 Posted: 21:42:21 07/06/2015
I think that they could just add a raceing mini game and only allow them to use that
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#17 Posted: 01:37:09 08/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Nope,they never said that. They actually said that foward compatibility may be cut at any time. Their wording on old games is 'we always try to make the old figures compatible' but if one day they change their minds,they changed their minds.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that said anywhere. Source link please.

I still say the minute they say that they just stop the franchise. Frankly, they're TRYING to kill the skylanders by focusing the game on the gimmick du jour which depends on the skylander du jour with said gimmick.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#18 Posted: 08:57:28 08/06/2015
Somewhere in the manual for either the games or the figures. I got rid of a ton of them so I doubt I'll be able to find the ones that are left at this point.

It'll be obvious if they really have a tech reason to cut compatibility or they're just being greedy when it happens. S1s weren't made with a franchise in mind, just being cross-plataform. But if suddenly, they decide that NONE of the figures from the past would work, it's really just to make you buy new ones.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Kefran Yellow Sparx Gems: 1203
#19 Posted: 12:45:08 08/06/2015
The backward compatibility and balance of the skylanders in Sky 6 is more important to me than the support of traps or vehicules.

I would prefer that Superchargers be fun to play in Sky 6 than be able to use vehicules.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me