Page 1 of 1
Legendary figure speculations?
MetaVolca Green Sparx Gems: 464
#1 Posted: 02:20:47 05/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I would say whatever Character is made a Legendary, their respective vehicle would get the same treatment. I would love a legendary Spitfire, and,the Hot Streak, but if they do another, I could see Dive Clops and the Dive Bomber being one.
---
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#2 Posted: 10:18:14 05/06/2015
Both spitfire and hot streak are in the starter pack, making it very unlikely for them to be sold separately as legendaries. They've never done that before. Unlikely they create a legendary starter pack either. I'm kinda doubtful there will even be a dark starter pack this time.
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#3 Posted: 10:22:40 05/06/2015
In spyro's adventure, spyro was in the Starter Pack and they made a Legendary version of him in the triple pack...
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#4 Posted: 10:36:32 05/06/2015
oops, forgot about that. Still, seems very unlikely

I'm thinking we're going to see a reduced number of variants this time around. Two primary reasons. The first being that it seems we simply have less figures to vary from. Even less if you consider that the 8-10 characters re-imagined as supercharges are already variants of a sort, that leaves 10-12 figures, plus the vehicles. Second reason is that it seems like the vehicle mods change the look of the vehicle significantly. So having a vehicle variant seems like it wouldn't work to well, I think. Kinda of a speculation reason, it didn't seem like the variants sold that well this year. As an example, the love potion pop fizz is probably still holding shelf space.

I think we have a couple chase variants, but I'm wondering if we only get legendaries this time around.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:24:57 05/06/2015 by TTD
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#5 Posted: 11:04:18 05/06/2015
Trigger Happy got a legendary in SSA too and Jet-Vac got one in Giants (although, he was sold separately anyway due to not being in the portal owner's pack so I guess that doesn't count), but no other game has done that since.

Out of the characters revealed so far, the only one I can picture getting a legendary is Stormblade. I don't know why, I just think the gold and blue would suit her.
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#6 Posted: 11:40:27 05/06/2015
And they sold Gnarly Tree Rex even though he was in all starter packs
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#7 Posted: 12:16:08 05/06/2015
I have a feeling that because Stormblade is so similar to Free Ranger that she'll get a Legendary just like him, and maybe even a Legendary Sky Slicer.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#8 Posted: 12:24:34 05/06/2015
I posted this idea in another topic, but it also fits here:

We know that the traps 'upgrade' the vehicles. What if the special traps change the vehicles appearance? Steampunk Shreadnaught's trap can maybe make the vehicle steampunk-y? Steamed broccoli guy's trap can make it have steam coming off of it? and what if the legendary traps (which had no purpose in trap team) make the vehicle legendary? (either by adding a boost to them, or purely changing the colour scheme)
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 15:09:36 05/06/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
I have a feeling that because Stormblade is so similar to Free Ranger that she'll get a Legendary just like him, and maybe even a Legendary Sky Slicer.

I, too, hope for a Legendary Stormblade and Legendary Sky Slicer someday.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#10 Posted: 15:17:27 05/06/2015
If the double packs include a Supercharger and a vehicle, I'm betting on a Legendary double pack. I'm not gonna guess who's gonna be a Legendary because there just isn't enough characters for me to speculate on....

With the exception of Stormblade. Legendary Jet-Vac, Legendary Free Ranger, Toys R Us has a thing for blue and gold birds.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#11 Posted: 15:30:18 05/06/2015
Legendary Wolfgang smilie
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#12 Posted: 16:12:53 05/06/2015
Quote: ultyzaus

Nice try...but not happ'in....sorry.

I to think the first Legendary will be Stormblade and Sky Slicer....she so cool smilie and damn she's fast.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:13:26 05/06/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#13 Posted: 16:33:31 05/06/2015
Legendary Knight Light.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#14 Posted: 16:36:32 05/06/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Quote: ultyzaus

Nice try...but not happ'in....sorry.

I to think the first Legendary will be Stormblade and Sky Slicer....she so cool smilie and damn she's fast.

Well we don't know wanything yet. Stromblade is indeed likely. It will surely be one of the newcomers in any case.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
Firestar982 Green Sparx Gems: 160
#15 Posted: 16:49:37 05/06/2015
Quote: melvimbe
Both spitfire and hot streak are in the starter pack, making it very unlikely for them to be sold separately as legendaries. They've never done that before. Unlikely they create a legendary starter pack either. I'm kinda doubtful there will even be a dark starter pack this time.

Quote: diddy50
In spyro's adventure, spyro was in the Starter Pack and they made a Legendary version of him in the triple pack...

Also trigger happy was made into a legendary.
---
Spirtwings
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#16 Posted: 16:50:20 05/06/2015
Quote: angelg
Legendary Knight Light.

Why would a "gimmick character" from a past game return as a Legendary? Knight Light or any other Trap Master would most-likely never return as a variant if they never got one in their origin game.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#17 Posted: 19:43:14 05/06/2015
Quote: Failinhearts
Legendary Knight Light.

Why would a "gimmick character" from a past game return as a Legendary? Knight Light or any other Trap Master would most-likely never return as a variant if they never got one in their origin game.

Why? Because you say so? Where is it written? The fact that "it has never happened before" is not a unbreakable reason. We haven't got variants with new skills never before, but now, here they are. We never got vehicles figures beofre and here they are. We never got online gaming for skylanders before and here it is. We never got legenday gimmicklanders out of their game before and...
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:51:20 05/06/2015 by angelg
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#18 Posted: 19:53:22 05/06/2015
Legendary Knight Light.

Why? Because you say so? Where is it written?

Gimmicklanders are only meant to be relevant in their respective games. They're not gonna make any more figures for the Giants, Swap Force or Trap Masters in Superchargers because the game isn't about them.
#19 Posted: 20:40:53 05/06/2015
Quote: alicecarp

Gimmicklanders are only meant to be relevant in their respective games. They're not gonna make any more figures for the Giants, Swap Force or Trap Masters in Superchargers because the game isn't about them.

Hmmm, doesn't seem as a valid reason neither. They are still skylanders, and some of them are really liked by people. IF they have a great fanbase, Acitivision may finally decide to make them. The fact that they had a special role on their game doesn't avoid them from reappearing in other games, do they?

There's not a technical reason for not making them, the only arguments that can be provided are subjective. Never say never.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:50:12 05/06/2015 by angelg
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#20 Posted: 21:03:34 05/06/2015

Hmmm, doesn't seem as a valid reason neither. They are still skylanders, and some of them are really liked by people. IF they have a great fanbase, Acitivision may finally decide to make them. The fact that they had a special role on their game doesn't avoid them from reappearing in other games, do they?

There's not a technical reason for not making them, the only arguments that can be provided are subjective. Never say never.

You are right, there's no technical reason, but there is a logical one. The reason new Swap Force characters weren't introduced in Trap Team is because that would've distracted from Trap Team's gimmick, and the reason new Giants weren't in Swap Force for the same reason. So unless there's a Giants 2 or Trap Team 2, reposing gimmicklanders just doesn't make sense, from a business standpoint anyway. So I'm afraid it's your reason that's not valid.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#21 Posted: 02:46:39 06/06/2015
I am 100% burned out on store exclusive figures. I really wouldn't mind a break from getting an alt deco for at least one release, if they're going to cheap out and give us 20 figures.
#22 Posted: 09:09:32 06/06/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

You are right, there's no technical reason, but there is a logical one. The reason new Swap Force characters weren't introduced in Trap Team is because that would've distracted from Trap Team's gimmick, and the reason new Giants weren't in Swap Force for the same reason. So unless there's a Giants 2 or Trap Team 2, reposing gimmicklanders just doesn't make sense, from a business standpoint anyway. So I'm afraid it's your reason that's not valid.

Again, a subjective reason. As long as it is technically possible, no one can say 100% sure it won't happen. I don't think Activision would hold themselves from re-releasing a figure which they believe is gonna sell well just because it already had their glory time (not referring to a particular figure, just in general business terms). True it would, maybe, distract attention from the new gimmicklanders but it's also true that the market rules baby, and if something is gonna make them "richier", that's all the logic they need.
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#23 Posted: 17:27:12 08/06/2015
I could see Stormblade and Sky Slicer made into Legendary (TRU), but also could be made into Nitro (Target).
But to be honest, I wish they wouldn't. I've seen too many still on the racks. Legendary Deja Vu, for example. Legendary Bushwack and Jawbreaker were on the racks for quite some time also. As for, Nitro Head Rush...well I hate to say this, but I see her a lot at Target. But then I see a lot of regular Head Rush as well.
it all depends on the characters they select. Some work (Nitro Krypt King) and some don't (Nitro Head Rush).
Yet I think the Nitro alt deco might be the better of the two...but that's simply my opinion.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me