Page 1 of 1
So where is Spyro in all this?...
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 09:25:05 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
everyone is so hyped about the new gimmick 'vehicles', but what part do spyro have in this game, are they gonna totally drop him now?.. this also raise another question, maybe people here haven't given it a thought yet, but if no spyro. then shouldn't this game be in the 'off topic - video games'?. this is a web site dedicated to spyro first after all... or is darkspyro slowly turning into a skylanders site where spyro is just an after thought. i would like to read what other peoples think about this.

also i hope the youtubers around here that get to talk to vv ask the question, where is spyro and what role is he having in skylanders superchargers. i think this is important because spyro was who brought me and many others into skylanders.

i just hope there is a proper new spyro figurine this time and not like a mini that was in trap team.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#2 Posted: 09:27:21 30/05/2015
Spyro should have something special... Diffrent than any other skylander maybe he can unlock a hero gate or something???
Your right about all the stuff you said.
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 09:30:09 30/05/2015
Honestly, he's just another Skylander.

That's what makes Skylanders great, in my opinion.
No one is more important than the others, inside the games.

The comics are where Spyro truly shine as a leader. smilie

Oh and we don't need another Spyro figure to have him inside the game.
There are other characters that deserve reposes. He would be a S4, come on!
Just put his S1 on the Portal and... BOOM!

Spyro's back in Skylands.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 09:30:52 30/05/2015
We won't know until more details on reposed Skylanders are revealed. It's too early for assumptions, and we've already known for a while that Spyro's role in the games is very small compared to the books.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#5 Posted: 09:32:26 30/05/2015
Just let it go and be happy you can play as spyro in these games. So many character games like spyro died out at the same time a few years ago, and most are still dead. Just consider your self lucky he exists in any form.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#6 Posted: 09:38:11 30/05/2015
Personally, I don't care. Assuming that all previous figures will work, Spyro will still remain playable and that's all Spyro really was and is in Skylanders - an optional, playable character.

Quote: CountMoneyBone
this is a web site dedicated to spyro first after all... or is darkspyro slowly turning into a skylanders site where spyro is just an after thought.

DarkSpyro is now a Spyro and Skylanders forum due to Spyro's involvement with the franchise.
#7 Posted: 09:44:01 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TTD

this is a web site dedicated to spyro first after all... or is darkspyro slowly turning into a skylanders site where spyro is just an after thought.

DarkSpyro is now a Spyro and Skylanders forum due to Spyro's involvement with the franchise.

then there should be a new graphically banner up there with the text 'darkspyro - spyro & skylanders forum' or something to reflect that change. maybe hold a competition for new banners, could be fun..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:44:29 30/05/2015 by CountMoneyBone
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#8 Posted: 11:47:15 30/05/2015
If Stealth Elf is getting a S4, Spyro is likely as well.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#9 Posted: 11:53:20 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

i hope that is gonna happen, because that mini spyro in trap team was really bugging me.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#10 Posted: 11:54:41 30/05/2015

i hope that is gonna happen, because that mini spyro in trap team was really bugging me.

Spry was Spyro's way of being part of the TT toy line with out being a repose. Not sure why it's like that though.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#11 Posted: 12:00:10 30/05/2015
Because everyone was whining that Spyro should stop getting figures like Gill Grunt. Solution is make a discount Spyro.

He's going to be in the books,that's more than we can ask for if Acti won't make individual adventures still. If he suddenly became the super most important thing that you need to use/talk to, people would complain he's overshadowing the rest.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#12 Posted: 11:22:02 31/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: wild_defender
Just let it go and be happy you can play as spyro in these games. So many character games like spyro died out at the same time a few years ago, and most are still dead. Just consider your self lucky he exists in any form.

with the success of Yooka-Laylee, i think these types of games are gonna make a comeback. people are starving for a good platformer games now days, i know i do.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#13 Posted: 11:40:27 31/05/2015
Quote: wild_defender

with the success of Yooka-Laylee, i think these types of games are gonna make a comeback. people are starving for a good platformer games now days, i know i do.

Count myself in (no pun intended)!

I love Skylanders but would sell my soul to get good 3D platformers/adventure games back.

No, really.
Where do I have to sign...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#14 Posted: 13:26:44 31/05/2015
Kickstarter, that's where you sign. Yooka-Laylee and A Hat in Time are two that are taking off well, but they're BK and Mario Sunshine inspired. There's also Freeze Me but I have no knowledge of what it's inspired by. Someone will have one inspired by Spyro eventually... Though it's pretty close to BK since it's the "Have collectible - Use collectible to buy power/unlock area - Use power/area to get better collectible" formula.

And hey, as I suggested on the DOTD board, maybe Acti will finally listen that we want games for smaller groups of 'landers or even only one with corresponding genres; Classic/LOS fans might still complain but we could always have an oldschool Spyro game on the Skylanders setting. Main games will hold out on their own on console for only so far; full game spinoffs would raise a lot of interest for new fans.
---
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#15 Posted: 14:08:10 31/05/2015
Quote: TTD

then there should be a new graphically banner up there with the text 'darkspyro - spyro & skylanders forum' or something to reflect that change. maybe hold a competition for new banners, could be fun..

Search Google for darkSpyro forums and read the first result. >~>
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#16 Posted: 17:02:19 31/05/2015

First you didn't want a S4 Spyro last year, now you do?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
ViceEmargo Green Sparx Gems: 373
#17 Posted: 17:31:11 31/05/2015
Can someone link me to the Spyro comics before I gouge my eyes out at yet another Activision money scheme Skylanders game.
---
"A closed mouth gathers no foot." - Confucius
#18 Posted: 17:32:55 31/05/2015
Quote: ViceEmargo
Can someone link me to the Spyro comics before I gouge my eyes out at yet another Activision money scheme Skylanders game.

I would but all games are money schemes,sorry to break it to you. And the comics are in the Skylanders style and there is a plot point or two that might make you "gouge your eyes out" all the same depending on your opinion of the franchise.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:45:34 31/05/2015 by Bifrost
#19 Posted: 18:01:07 31/05/2015
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Oh man, his basic upgrades are just so simple, though. Maybe he could have one like Ignitor's, that leaves a path of fire?
---
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#20 Posted: 18:16:16 31/05/2015
Quote: Drek95

you do have a point but you know spyro hes well SPYRO hes a classic who we dont need is gill grunt
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
#21 Posted: 20:20:48 31/05/2015
Quote: blackout3000

you do have a point but you know spyro hes well SPYRO hes a classic who we dont need is gill grunt

Sure he's a classic.
A classic we'll always have the possibility to use as long as we own one figure of him.

We don't need reposes.
They are welcomed but we don't need them.

More new characters please.
It's "Skylanders" not "Spyro's Squad".
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#22 Posted: 20:22:45 31/05/2015

Sure he's a classic.
A classic we'll always have the possibility to use as long as we own one figure of him.

We don't need reposes.

yeah but its a better option then gill grunt
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
#23 Posted: 20:30:58 31/05/2015

Sure he's a classic.

We don't need reposes.

yeah but its a better option then gill grunt

It depends.
Others may like Gill Grunt more than him.

Overall I think every other character who only got a S1 would be a better option than both.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
LimeLight Green Sparx Gems: 403
#24 Posted: 20:37:18 31/05/2015
I am just going to point out what amazon.com says about the prequel comic

"The official story leading into the all-new Skylanders video game! The citizens of Skylands are in their most desperate hour as Kaos begins to tear the world apart with his newfound powers. Spyro and an elite group of Skylanders must enter an ancient and unknown part of Skylands and find the only hope left that can stand against Kaos' might! The origin story of the next big Skylanders video game starts right here!"

It states that Spyro will be in the "elite group of Skylanders" so Spyro will almost definetly be in Skylanders SuperChargers (probably as a gimmicklander).
---
Skylanders is SuperCharged!
Here`s my game
Skylanders Guardians is coming... //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=121735
#25 Posted: 20:41:08 31/05/2015
No it doesn't, Lime. You missed the "and" in that summary with Spyro. It doesn't mean he's part of the group of elite Skylanders, which is likely the SuperChargers. Spyro's likely one of the main characters.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:47:09 31/05/2015 by Aura24
#26 Posted: 20:44:13 31/05/2015
Quote: LimeLight
I am just going to point out what amazon.com says about the prequel comic

"The official story leading into the all-new Skylanders video game! The citizens of Skylands are in their most desperate hour as Kaos begins to tear the world apart with his newfound powers. Spyro and an elite group of Skylanders must enter an ancient and unknown part of Skylands and find the only hope left that can stand against Kaos' might! The origin story of the next big Skylanders video game starts right here!"

It states that Spyro will be in the "elite group of Skylanders" so Spyro will almost definetly be in Skylanders SuperChargers (probably as a gimmicklander).

No, no, no hold on a second.

That is a prequel comic (so it means it only leads to the events of SuperChargers).
Check out Trap Team related comics.

Spyro's in a lot of them as a main character and yet he's jus one of many other playable Skylanders, inside the games.

I also don't agree with this whole "reposes as Gimmicklanders" thing.
They never reposed gimmick characters (unless you consider Minis as reposes 2.0) I highly doubt they would repose OLD characters as NEW Gimmicklanders.
Not to mention Spyro would be at his fifth repose.
Wouldn't it be better to make doom for other S2s at this point...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#27 Posted: 20:44:32 31/05/2015
It was on one of the deleted posts,but what if he gets a new Series and a new power as a Wow Pow in result of the graphic novel's events? He can channel certain magic when in contact with it(like in the Dark form),maybe in contact with the rifts he either can use portals or a minor form of the Superchargers' main gimmick?
---
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#28 Posted: 21:15:53 31/05/2015
Quote: Bifrost
It was on one of the deleted posts,but what if he gets a new Series and a new power as a Wow Pow in result of the graphic novel's events? He can channel certain magic when in contact with it(like in the Dark form),maybe in contact with the rifts he either can use portals or a minor form of the Superchargers' main gimmick?

I'm personally hoping we can see a true Dark element Dark Spyro just as an oddity outside of the regular roster of new Dark element figures, assuming VV carries on with the two new elements.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me