Page 1 of 1
Vehicles Confirmed
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 06:59:38 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
With the story summary and Starter Pack contents now revealed...

"Kick your adventure into overdrive with the Skylanders SuperChargers Starter Pack: Skylanders SuperChargers Video Game, New Portal of Power, 2 Skylanders SuperChargers, 1 Skylanders Vehicle, and Collection Poster."

Summary - "Skylands is in peril! Kaos has unleashed his most evil weapon yet - the Doomstation of Ultimate Doomstruction. With all of Skylands on the verge of collapse, a special team called the SuperChargers has been assembled to pilot an unstoppable fleet of incredible vehicles. Now you and the SuperChargers must embark on epic adventures over land, under sea, and through the sky to stop Kaos and save Skylands!"

What do you guys think of using vehicles in SuperChargers?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#2 Posted: 07:00:51 30/05/2015
Pretty cool.
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 07:32:22 30/05/2015
At this point my biggest concert is they might take the place of some Skylanders.
Why would the Starter Pack have only one brand new character, then (if I'm reading it right)...?

Unless they want to create less gimmick characters but more Cores.
I would be all for it.

It's just the feeling I get from this leak.
Let's say 10 SuperChargers and 10 vehicles.
And a bunch of Cores. Nothing more.

But that line regarding "land, under water and sky" also makes me think they will go absolutely crazy with them and that's a good thing.

I am absolutely waiting the 3rd to see and know all I need to, before actually going to express my definitive opinions.
The best thing they could do in my opinion is creating another Giants-like gimmick, where only one vehicles is required to complete the game.

But seeing what happened in past years I'm leaning towards a "each vehicle can only be used by a specific character and without the vehicle the character isn't really anything special" which wouldn't be a problem for me but might be for others.

Or they might actually turn out to be something so amazing I need to get them all too.
HYPED! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#4 Posted: 08:49:11 30/05/2015
I'm dissapointed that Vehicles are the gimmick, but STT introduced two things that could also be "gimmicks" (Minis and Light/Dark). If they give Minis and/or Light/Dark a bigger role, then I'm fine with Vehicles being the main focus.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#5 Posted: 08:50:40 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
And apparently the Vehicles are named as well. The Starter Pack vehicle is called Hot Steak.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#6 Posted: 08:54:22 30/05/2015
Quote: Qcumber
I'm dissapointed that Vehicles are the gimmick, but STT introduced two things that could also be "gimmicks" (Minis and Light/Dark). If they give Minis and/or Light/Dark a bigger role, then I'm fine with Vehicles being the main focus.

if there is dark/light in this game, then they have replaced the lightcore. but i doubt there is any dark/light in this game at all, they just dont fit in with the story.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#7 Posted: 09:31:11 30/05/2015
Put it this way if vehicles are the same as cores forget it
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#8 Posted: 10:11:48 30/05/2015
I'm really hoping "hot steak" is a typo and Is meant to say " hot streak " instead or something. Coz at the moment I'm just imaging a car that looks like a steak lol.

From the description I still kinda think the game is gonna be pretty well balanced between vehicles and normal adventure stuff. I didn't really like the idea of vehicles at first coz it seems pretty unimaginative but I think it sounds like it might be done decently.

I'm hoping all the cars look like skylands machines ( like fLynn's ship and some of the planes we've been able to fly) . Planes, trucks, submarines, digging machines , hot air balloons etc. I think they'll look really cool and be great figures if done like that.

But yeah I'm worried about what "hot steak" will look like lol . Please not meat.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:17:43 30/05/2015 by wild_defender
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#9 Posted: 17:45:51 30/05/2015
I'm really disappointed, but I'll keep following along to see what the details are. Vehicles sound silly and out of place to me. I didn't like the Swappers as a gimmick either, so it would seem VV is 0 for 2 for me with their ideas. They did make some good characters though.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#10 Posted: 19:25:39 30/05/2015
I'm no racing fan in any way, but I'll keep an open mind until it is revealed. I didn't like the trap idea at first, but then I came to love it. So here's hoping it'll happen again this year.
#11 Posted: 00:07:18 31/05/2015
I hope there are 2 vehicles per Element.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#12 Posted: 02:09:53 31/05/2015
I hope the vehicles have actual wheels, so I can put my skylanders on them and roll them around.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#13 Posted: 02:37:12 31/05/2015
is the tablet version confirmed?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#14 Posted: 02:39:18 31/05/2015
Quote: Bionichute
I hope the vehicles have actual wheels, so I can put my skylanders on them and roll them around.

This is what I envisage and be very surprised if this doesn't happen.
---
Gold_guardian Gold Sparx Gems: 2370
#15 Posted: 03:34:47 31/05/2015
Welp guess Skylanders is officially jumping the shark or Terrafin in this case.

It was bad enough with large size figures (Giants, Swapforce, Trap Master and now Superchargers), Cores and Mini's and having to get at least one of each trap. But I can guarantee that these vehicles will be pricey. At least the same price as a large sized figure if not more since they have to be large enough for the large sized figures to ride after all. Add at least 1 vehicle per element if not multiple and a hobby that used to be somewhat expensive but still affordable becomes outrageous.

Plus what about storage issues? I'm already running out of space to display my skylanders in my room as it stands now. Where the heck am I going to store a bunch of big vehicles?
---
~Canadian~
#16 Posted: 03:52:25 31/05/2015
Quote: Gold_guardian

It was bad enough with large size figures (Giants, Swapforce, Trap Master and now Superchargers), Cores and Mini's and having to get at least one of each trap. But I can guarantee that these vehicles will be pricey. At least the same price as a large sized figure if not more since they have to be large enough for the large sized figures to ride after all. Add at least 1 vehicle per element if not multiple and a hobby that used to be somewhat expensive but still affordable becomes outrageous.

Plus what about storage issues? I'm already running out of space to display my skylanders in my room as it stands now. Where the heck am I going to store a bunch of big vehicles?

I don't think the vehicles will be big enough to actually put another figure in them. That would be way too big; Could you imagine how massive the portal would have to be to fit everything then! I think they will be the size of a core at the biggest and act as a magic item, when placed with a corresponding element Supercharger. Or even any, who knows if they HAVE to be matching elements.
#17 Posted: 04:04:23 31/05/2015
Quote: GinjaNinja

I don't think the vehicles will be big enough to actually put another figure in them. That would be way too big; Could you imagine how massive the portal would have to be to fit everything then! I think they will be the size of a core at the biggest and act as a magic item, when placed with a corresponding element Supercharger. Or even any, who knows if they HAVE to be matching elements.

Why else make vehicles if not to have the figures ride them? That seems fairly counter-initiative. I doubt the element of the skylander riding will have to match, you'll probably be able to mix and match like swapforce but the Vehicles themselves will have elements. The name of the first one pretty much gives it away that it's a fire one.

If it's only 1 Supercharge figure per element + 1 Vehicle per element I wouldn't mind too much since the overall cost would stay the same as it was for the last game. But I'm too pessimistic to believe that's a realistic option given their past track record.
---
~Canadian~
#18 Posted: 04:10:03 31/05/2015
Quote: GinjaNinja

Why else make vehicles if not to have the figures ride them? That seems fairly counter-initiative. I doubt the element of the skylander riding will have to match, you'll probably be able to mix and match like swapforce but the Vehicles themselves will have elements. The name of the first one pretty much gives it away that it's a fire one.

If it's only 1 Supercharge figure per element + 1 Vehicle per element I wouldn't mind too much since the overall cost would stay the same as it was for the last game. But I'm too pessimistic to believe that's a realistic option given their past track record.

I'm fine with having 2 of everything per element. I'm not the type of guy to buy every single toy. I get my favorite 1 toy per element of the new gimmick and leave it at that. So that'll just give people like me options, besides for fire this year of course. But this game, just like Trap Team, is going to be expensive for anyone who does enjoy getting everything, possible even more so thanks to the potential size increase from traps to vehicles.
#19 Posted: 05:38:10 31/05/2015
I will be definitely getting a lot less skylanders if the vehicles are the price of a core
---
#20 Posted: 06:16:09 31/05/2015
Quote: Snap Shot
I will be definitely getting a lot less skylanders if the vehicles are the price of a core

Heh, I doubt they'll be selling the vehicles that cheap. Given the size they'll need to be for a Supercharger to ride them they'd have to cost the same as a Supercharger figure, if not more...

Thought since the starter kit has a fire supercharger with a fire vehicle I wonder if they'll be selling them in paired sets....
---
~Canadian~
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#21 Posted: 06:24:49 31/05/2015

Heh, I doubt they'll be selling the vehicles that cheap. Given the size they'll need to be for a Supercharger to ride them they'd have to cost the same as a Supercharger figure, if not more...

Thought since the starter kit has a fire supercharger with a fire vehicle I wonder if they'll be selling them in paired sets....

i hope they cost the same as traps.
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
#22 Posted: 06:50:53 31/05/2015
Quote: funnybone

[User Posted Image]

Keep dreaming buddy xd

The only reason traps are so cheap is that they are a simple small hunk of plastic with a microchip inside them and even then I'd argue that they are still overpriced at $8 a pop for a single pack.

A Vehicle of a size large enough for even for a core skylander to sit inside isn't going to be cheap, let alone one big enough for a supercharger, and that's before moving parts like wheels or propellers come into play. More complexity=higher cost.
---
~Canadian~
#23 Posted: 07:22:34 31/05/2015
I highly, highly doubt vehicles will be small (and thus also probably pricy).

The leaked Fire Skylander pretty much hinted that we will be able to remove the character along with the "engine" under him from the base and put it inside the vehicle.

But saying this series has jumped the Terrafin before seeing actual gameplay is a bit of a prejudice, isn't it?
Let's at least wait the reveal.

Also doubt vehicles will come paired with SuperChargers simply because they are like this in the Starter Pack.
It was the same with the Water and Life traps for Trap Team's yet traps were sold separately.
And since we are talking about them I don't think they are "cheap" by any mean since a single trap can let you play up to 8 different villains.

I also agree that Trap Masters have not been one of their smartest moves (don't think the same about Giants and Swappers since they need to be bigger) and we can talk about Mini's "utility" but you can't truly complain about Cores.
The series is called "Skylanders" it's logical to assume they will release a number of new characters every year.

Last but not least, storage issues.
It might become a problem if vehicles are too big and there are too many of them but it isn't certainly a signal of the serie's downfall.
I just think about all those hardcore fantasy figure's collector.
If you truly like something you don't have much problem making more space for it (but as I said, without exaggerating).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#24 Posted: 07:24:06 31/05/2015
What makes you think skylanders will actually go in these vehicles? The vehicles will likely be nothing more than magic/trap style items.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#25 Posted: 07:25:35 31/05/2015
I just hope there's still a trap slot on the new portal... I spent tons of cash on those things and I love the gimmick. Knowing VV however, I think they'll just give us one big slap in the face. I still wanna see some gameplay before I make too many assumptions, of course.
#26 Posted: 07:45:02 31/05/2015
Quote: mantez
What makes you think skylanders will actually go in these vehicles? The vehicles will likely be nothing more than magic/trap style items.

Well it`s not really a vehicle if something isn`t going to ride it. Plus that explains why they`d need a new portal since if it was magic item sized the current one would suffice.
---
~Canadian~
#27 Posted: 07:46:48 31/05/2015
Quote: mantez

Mostly the leaked Fire character and the suspicious base and the fact we are getting a new Portal without any apparent tech-related reason.
Also I don't frankly think that would be innovative enough for my tastes as it is.

Just new Magic Items that unlock vehicles instead of abilities... Mmmmh...
I would be all for "innovation inside the game and creativity with the characters" but they specifically said this year's game would have been innovative.

Quote: TrapShadowFan
I just hope there's still a trap slot on the new portal... I spent tons of cash on those things and I love the gimmick. Knowing VV however, I think they'll just give us one big slap in the face. I still wanna see some gameplay before I make too many assumptions, of course.

Yeah, I know, right?
Just like when they punched us in our stomaches by giving Giants special vaults to open. smilie

No developer has ditched the other's gimmick so far.
Don't see why this year would be different.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#28 Posted: 09:59:28 31/05/2015
Quote:
Mostly the leaked Fire character and the suspicious base and the fact we are getting a new Portal without any apparent tech-related reason.
Also I don't frankly think that would be innovative enough for my tastes as it is.

The bases don't look much bigger the Trap Masters. Although it does look like they open maybe the vehicle goes inside.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#29 Posted: 11:01:45 31/05/2015

the prices have slowly but steady gone up for each game, the the first 3 waves will have the price tage of tt, then an price adjustment will happen and it all will be more expensive. when i got the tt core was 9.99 and trappers 12.99. then cores raised to 12.99 and trappers to 14.99.... when i started with sa an core cost me 6.99... just to give you an example of the price raise.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:09:57 31/05/2015 by CountMoneyBone
#30 Posted: 11:38:10 31/05/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

the prices have slowly but steady gone up for each game, the the first 3 waves will have the price tage of tt, then an price adjustment will happen and it all will be more expensive. when i got the tt core was 9.99 and trappers 12.99. then cores raised to 12.99 and trappers to 14.99.... when i started with sa an core cost me 6.99... just to give you an example of the price raise.

I've always paid 9,99€ for Cores and 14,99 for Gimmicklanders.
Except on Amazon when they can reach the cost of 16,99 but they went quite wild with pricing lately (Rocky Roll is currently priced at 27,99€. No. Way).

But I agree I highly doubt vehicles will cost "only" 7€/$ since I expect them to be quite big, and big equals more pricy apparently.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#31 Posted: 12:37:25 31/05/2015
I'm cool with vehicles but from what I understand, YAY, NO RACING.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#32 Posted: 12:42:30 31/05/2015
My concern with vehicles are their de-characterizing the experience by taking the skylander out of the action. If they've somehow managed to meld the two, I'm happy as a clam...but concerned otherwise. Taking the fights actually INTO the water air etc sounds interesting, IF it isn't the same old hashed 2d experience they've given us to date (minus some ship battles in the air).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:43:04 31/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#33 Posted: 12:54:58 31/05/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
My concern with vehicles are their de-characterizing the experience by taking the skylander out of the action. If they've somehow managed to meld the two, I'm happy as a clam...but concerned otherwise. Taking the fights actually INTO the water air etc sounds interesting, IF it isn't the same old hashed 2d experience they've given us to date (minus some ship battles in the air).

Didn't thought about that possibility...
2D side scrolling underwater areas... NOPE.

Absolutely agree here.
The concern is also enforced by the content of the Starter Pack: only one brand new character.

I fear the vehicles might take some Skylanders' places but I doubt they will go this far.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#34 Posted: 03:07:40 01/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I would like exploring 3D underwater world while using the right appropriate vehicle.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#35 Posted: 03:11:32 01/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Didn't thought about that possibility...
2D side scrolling underwater areas... NOPE.

Absolutely agree here.
The concern is also enforced by the content of the Starter Pack: only one brand new character.

I fear the vehicles might take some Skylanders' places but I doubt they will go this far.

I'm betting they will -- using these sidebar experiences they've thrown out of the game...the good news with this approach is that instead of the story forcing us into a specific vehicle / battle we'll be able to choose more...but I fully expect them to "go there on that"....for me it's how it is executed that will make it or break it.
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#36 Posted: 04:12:07 01/06/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
is the tablet version confirmed?

Yeah I saw an image of it somewhere on the forum
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me