darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015)
First | Previous | Page 38 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 107 108 109
Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#1851 Posted: 15:21:13 23/06/2015
the cards have turned into only stickers now, great.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#1852 Posted: 16:32:15 23/06/2015
Nowhere has this been confirmed. We only know that Vehicles will only have stickers. The Skylanders could very well include cards.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
alegeobla Gold Sparx Gems: 2501
#1853 Posted: 16:44:09 23/06/2015
I'm thinking another user on here had the right idea. Maybe the skylander comes with the card and the card has them and the car featured on it? It would be a good way to push kids to beg for the car thats on the card
---
100% Character Upgrades: SA 43/43 SG 69/69 SSF 76/76 STT 25/69 SSC 32/34 SI 5/31 SEE 10/14
Currently Working on: Sure Shot smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1854 Posted: 16:48:55 23/06/2015
Quote: superhalite
Remember when we saw the picture of battlecast? It has the same life bar(where the skylanders health is shown and vehicles) so what if it's an exclusive game mode to supercharges or even something to do with the 3ds/wii?

Maybe that was an early SuperCharger version or as you said a still unknown mode inside the game.

Or maybe that wasn't SuperCharger related at all.
I guess something like the online game would make sense... Maybe with races too, this time?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1855 Posted: 17:23:27 23/06/2015
Quote: alegeobla
I'm thinking another user on here had the right idea. Maybe the skylander comes with the card and the card has them and the car featured on it? It would be a good way to push kids to beg for the car thats on the card

And also it would be a way to show kids which vehicle belongs to which character.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#1856 Posted: 17:26:55 23/06/2015
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Quote: alegeobla

And also it would be a way to show kids which vehicle belongs to which character.

I could imagine the packaging for the vehicles having a picture of the Supercharger that it belongs to as well.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1857 Posted: 20:07:57 23/06/2015
Why wouldn't they make cards for characters? People are seriously doubting that they'll stop making them?

At the very most, Vehicles will not have Cards, but we'll need to wait and see.

Also, the reason they didn't include the code is kinda obvious; they don't want confused people to try and add them on the current mobile games.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#1858 Posted: 22:13:42 23/06/2015
No cards would be a heavy contender for crossing the line for me. If the E3 variant carries forward, then we can at least expect no cards for vehicles...which is NOT cool. Especially since no figure can be purchased this year for $9.99. Everything is $12.99 and up.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:14:51 23/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
TTD Hunter Gems: 6241
#1859 Posted: 22:15:36 23/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't understand why you're all worrying about the cards, there has been no indication that they won't be included - why are you all so worried about it?
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1860 Posted: 22:25:28 23/06/2015
Cards? lol really. I mean you like what you like but they don't serve a purpose. Plus I would assume they're in these until we hear otherwise.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#1861 Posted: 22:51:18 23/06/2015
Skylanders FB gave a hint about Crypt Crusher's description, instead of,dunno, giving us the entire thing already. Doubt it's a spoiler for anything.

Quote:
Crypt Crusher is the undefeated champion of underworld drag racing, but it was originally crafted from Fiesta's childhood bed!

I thought vampires slept in coffins. Party Town seemed like a pretty0 "normal" desert city in SF3DS, probably with normal beds for skeletons and ghosts too.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:00:34 23/06/2015 by Bifrost
#1862 Posted: 22:57:56 23/06/2015
Quote: Tigorus
Cards? lol really. I mean you like what you like but they don't serve a purpose. Plus I would assume they're in these until we hear otherwise.

1. They've set the precedent for 4 games for cards.
2. Some people use them for card games they invent.
3. Collectors like them.

I would normally agree with you in terms of "assume they are in", but the lack of notation on the starter pack and now confirmed in the E3 Hot Streak has some shaking. You may not personally see value in them, but others do.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:59:17 23/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#1863 Posted: 23:08:33 23/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Tigorus

1. They've set the precedent for 4 games for cards.
2. Some people use them for card games they invent.
3. Collectors like them.

I would normally agree with you in terms of "assume they are in", but the lack of notation on the starter pack and now confirmed in the E3 Hot Streak has some shaking. You may not personally see value in them, but others do.

I had no idea that people used the cards for a card game....nice. See that E3 Hot Streak was so new he wasn't in the game yet as that variant. It's hard to say though. I hope they're in for those that use and collect them. Ironically I save them but I haven't really done anything with them.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1864 Posted: 23:08:53 23/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Skylanders FB gave a hint about Crypt Crusher's description, instead of,dunno, giving us the entire thing already. Doubt it's a spoiler for anything.

Quote:
Crypt Crusher is the undefeated champion of underworld drag racing, but it was originally crafted from Fiesta's childhood bed!

I thought vampires slept in coffins. Party Town seemed like a pretty0 "normal" desert city in SF3DS, probably with normal beds for skeletons and ghosts too.

Still a fun design.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#1865 Posted: 23:10:38 23/06/2015
Fun design but I was expecting a different use for that coffin. Maybe stolen from Moneybone since he has a thing for using those as gates to the Underworld.
---
#1866 Posted: 23:21:31 23/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Fun design but I was expecting a different use for that coffin. Maybe stolen from Moneybone since he has a thing for using those as gates to the Underworld.

Skeletons are usually found in coffins, so that's probably what they were going for.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#1867 Posted: 14:35:39 24/06/2015
That's probably it, but the cliche says coffins are vampire beds. But hey, Underworld is all about being 2spooky, and when you're the employee of the richest undead around you probably can afford real scary luxuries like that.

Found a new big E3 video with Cloudbreather Dragon gameplay without skipping many NPCs,meaning we can see what Nayu says now. Since Drek expressed not wanting to see early game spoilers, I'll set them as such.

-Random chests do seem to respawn, Lou said that you can go back to the level and try again.

The village near the dragon seems to be watched very closely by the new troops since they have to backpedal onto saying that they're willingly on Kaos' side despite having a Skylander talking to them. Well this doesn't have any parallels with opressive governments at all what are you saying, HAIL EMPEROR KAOS, see I'm not implying anything.

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:43:33 24/06/2015 by Bifrost
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1868 Posted: 14:44:37 24/06/2015
I don't want to watch the video so I can experience the level for the first time when I play through, so for those who did watch it, is there any new info in the video that doesn't relate to the storyline?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#1869 Posted: 14:59:57 24/06/2015
Quote: 84skylanderdude
I don't want to watch the video so I can experience the level for the first time when I play through, so for those who did watch it, is there any new info in the video that doesn't relate to the storyline?

It's there over the spoiler. Nothing new compared to what was said in previous ones except that Random Luck Chests respawn.
---
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#1870 Posted: 18:45:35 24/06/2015
I'm anxious to see Wii gameplay. I love cart racing games so if that is exclusive to the Wii version...with power ups and all, I will be getting the Wii version too as it will be a completely different game.

Good thing about the Wii U being backwards compatible!

It's very overpriced for a Wii game however since it's almost phased out now, so I'll be waiting until there are eventual huge sales.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:16 24/06/2015 by TOlofter
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#1871 Posted: 18:55:13 24/06/2015
Quote: TTD
I don't understand why you're all worrying about the cards, there has been no indication that they won't be included - why are you all so worried about it?

Exactly.

Do they serve some sort of purpose?
---
^ You all know it's true
GillGrunt4Ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1681
#1872 Posted: 19:26:27 24/06/2015

I know I, along with many other users, love collecting the cards, but I agree about what's bolded above.
---
Check out my new FanFic, Skylanders: Civil War!
smilie smilie
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#1873 Posted: 22:59:48 24/06/2015
Quote: GillGrunt4Ever

I know I, along with many other users, love collecting the cards, but I agree about what's bolded above.

Actually there has been. Look at the start pack content list. They do not list cards or stickers for Supercharger, but for every other game they have been included in the list. Nor are either shown in the product images of the starter pack with everything spread out for show.
JimmyIMMORTAL Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#1874 Posted: 23:26:10 24/06/2015
Well we do know there is stickers based on the e3 variant.
---
Collection: 242/254 + 59/60 traps + All Magic Items.
Riot Shield Shredder, Outlaw Brawl and Chain, Steamed Broccoli Guy and Rebel Lob Goblin.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#1875 Posted: 01:20:57 25/06/2015
the box art for the wii box doesn't say anything about cards, so i don't think they have them this time. stickers maybe but it doesn't say cards are included
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#1876 Posted: 01:48:14 25/06/2015
Here's a new interview from GamerFitNation. The interviewer asks about Microsoft and Sony characters and we get an answer.

Edit: GamerFitNation Reuploaded the video.

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:41:15 25/06/2015 by spyrocrash
#1877 Posted: 02:08:22 25/06/2015
Video removed by user....hmmm...
So what was the answer?
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#1878 Posted: 02:30:49 25/06/2015
Major shame if there are no cards for this game. Believe it or not, I actually do use the cards with each character. I like to play contests with characters and determine challenges based off of their stats and to account inventory of my allies each game. Also so categorize my favorite fighters, the number of members for each element, determine which element is my strangest or weakest and simply compare base stats of characters with or without reposes regardless of the fact the cards have no real indication of stats within the game.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1879 Posted: 02:36:42 25/06/2015
I think some of the youtube big wigs better settle this one way or another. This would be a colossal stupid move on their part if they ship without cards. I may base my participation based on this. No PVP, no cards, no sale.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:37:08 25/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#1880 Posted: 03:09:33 25/06/2015
I must agree with Lemon-y here; cards are big part of the experience to me(and my tabletop fan game). And after Trap Team, I need something with re-playability. Racing is not my thing, so I much rather have PvP. That is only my personal preference, and I am not going to riot about it if there is only online racing. Just would like to know if there is something for me in this game at all...
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#1881 Posted: 03:47:31 25/06/2015
So what was the answer?

Karthik Bala said that they weren't trying to mix and mash a ton of licensed characters together. The focus of Skylanders was innovation, quality, and originality. He also said that their Nintendo fans and have been wanting to find a way to work with Nintendo.
#1882 Posted: 04:00:26 25/06/2015
Quote: spyrocrash
So what was the answer?

Karthik Bala said that they weren't trying to mix and mash a ton of licensed characters together. The focus of Skylanders was innovation, quality, and originality. He also said that their Nintendo fans and have been wanting to find a way to work with Nintendo.

I suspect the real answer is "We tried to get an exclusive license with Nintendo 4 years ago and they turned us down, so this is is the next best thing." Fans does not compute at this level. This is business. Just like the stupid card fiasco.

Video back online. It sounded like THEY wanted to work with Nintendo, which is the more correct statement.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:07:35 25/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#1883 Posted: 08:04:33 25/06/2015
I think some of the youtube big wigs better settle this one way or another. This would be a colossal stupid move on their part if they ship without cards. I may base my participation based on this. No PVP, no cards, no sale.

And no Elemental Gates. And no legacy bases. And no Cores (kinda). And no colored bases nor classic logo. And apparently no Quests or Bonus Missions.
Oh, right I almost forgot: not all the characters are universally compatible anymore.

I know many of these features may seem irrelevant (just like cards and they are important to me) but to me they are A LOT.

They helped me feel the Skylanders' vibe and emotiononally connect with the game and granted the series a recognizable identity.
There are currently too many absent or pointlessly modified aspects in this game, compared to older entries... That's why I'm not that convinced, yet.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:05:55 25/06/2015 by Drek95
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5366
#1884 Posted: 08:09:34 25/06/2015
Why are Cores important? Any Skylander they might want to make as a Core could just as easily be a Supercharger without changing anything about its design or abilities. The only difference would be that it has an engine-styled base and the ability to supercharge and modify a vehicle,
---
Boop me if you see this.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1885 Posted: 08:22:27 25/06/2015
New Nintendo trailer of Superchargers shows new areas, including the return of Cluck (Tower of Time adventure pack villain) in his own vehicle -

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1886 Posted: 08:30:58 25/06/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
Why are Cores important? Any Skylander they might want to make as a Core could just as easily be a Supercharger without changing anything about its design or abilities. The only difference would be that it has an engine-styled base and the ability to supercharge and modify a vehicle,

I don't like those engine base too; it ruins the style of the figure adding an unneeded and out of place "cool factor" (they are toys who comes to life do they really need anything to become cooler...?).

Cores are important because they have been what connected all the games since now (along with the Elemental themes).
Don't get me wrong, SuperChargers might be going in the right direction with "normal" Skylanders being special inside the game and not outside it but they could have been simple Cores and nothing would have changed.
Instead we have bronze engines with symbols on them that simply act as a punch in the eye and also ruin the elemental bases under them without serving any purpose inside the game.

It's Jurassic World all over again...

Dinosaurs are an old story so they need to be bigger, more aggressive and stronger (or in this case shinier).
Why do giant extinct reptiles need something to be more interesting...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#1887 Posted: 09:28:56 25/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: Muffin Man

I don't like those engine base too; it ruins the style of the figure adding an unneeded and out of place "cool factor" (they are toys who comes to life do they really need anything to become cooler...?).

Cores are important because they have been what connected all the games since now (along with the Elemental themes).
Don't get me wrong, SuperChargers might be going in the right direction with "normal" Skylanders being special inside the game and not outside it but they could have been simple Cores and nothing would have changed.
Instead we have bronze engines with symbols on them that simply act as a punch in the eye and also ruin the elemental bases under them without serving any purpose inside the game.

It's Jurassic World all over again...

Dinosaurs are an old story so they need to be bigger, more aggressive and stronger (or in this case shinier).
Why do giant extinct reptiles need something to be more interesting...?

*Inconspicuously inserts reminder that those 'special' engine bases gave marketing an excuse to bump up the prices*
#1888 Posted: 10:10:30 25/06/2015
I sincerely hope they bumped the prices because they are special in game but not full fledged Gimmicklanders.
Not because of those bronze plastic chunks which don't serve any purpose whatsoever.

We may talk about vehicles costing 15$/€.
Why do they cost that much...?
I understand production and distribution but really... I don't think they are anything different from Giants, except they don't even light up and have a couple movable parts.
And cannot be used eveywhere.
And will most likely get a functionality nerf in the next game.

11,99$/€ would have been a better price in my opinion but I do get they actually work as toy vehicles so... Ok... I guess.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
moamahrimatoro Green Sparx Gems: 393
#1889 Posted: 10:31:59 25/06/2015
What's odd is it still Shows DK in the Hot Steak at the end of the video. Spitfire and Hot Streak in single packs? Maybe Stealth Elf and the nintendo figures will be the only starter pack exclusives.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:52:34 25/06/2015 by TTD
#1890 Posted: 10:44:01 25/06/2015
I hope so.

We didn't see Tree Rex released as single (except for his Gnarly counterpart).
Maybe they could release variants for both...?
We do know about a Golden Hot Streak and it doesn't look like the E3 limited edition.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1891 Posted: 11:28:11 25/06/2015
Anyone notice the "General Online Interactivity" symbol at the bottom of the first few seconds of the new trailer?
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:30:07 25/06/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
#1892 Posted: 11:42:54 25/06/2015
We also get our first glimpse of what seems to be a full track from the game and only the game. A bit empty but it sounds like buildup more than anything else, as long as it's not like Serpent's Peak and Mesmerelda's Show which is forever buildup.

Cluck, of all of them, to return? Eh, he was never a well written villain to me - kinda like Dream Sheep, too generic, gets the job done but no space to improve. But better him than Sheep Mage, who had no good reason to be a copy and paste of Chompy Mage - they're brothers, not clones.
---
#1893 Posted: 14:30:52 25/06/2015
So they're just bringing back a ton of old villains? Cool, I always like big villain gatherings.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
3skylanderbro Blue Sparx Gems: 813
#1894 Posted: 14:55:37 25/06/2015
It makes sense that Cluck came back for this game and not Trap Team, because he is a VV character, and he did vow to return
---
Just three brothers who love skylanders!!!!
#1895 Posted: 15:38:03 25/06/2015
God I REALLY hope Drill-X is in Super Chargers. That would totally make this the best Skylanders evar!!!
#1896 Posted: 15:39:42 25/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
There are currently too many absent or pointlessly modified aspects in this game, compared to older entries... That's why I'm not that convinced, yet.

Yeah, I'm still feeling like this game will be like a box of chocolates...

The blade they are dancing on is thin (keeping the historical aspect but bring something new) and I know it's not going to be perfect...but they have trained me like a good dog to EXPECT certain things like cards...so damn it...I want my cards smilie To be sure the extra 25% they are lodging onto the price of the skylander can afford them the ability to include (sarcasm).

Quote: ToySoldierMafia

*Inconspicuously inserts reminder that those 'special' engine bases gave marketing an excuse to bump up the prices*

Point made.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:46:13 25/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#1897 Posted: 15:45:15 25/06/2015
I still can't believe you guys are complaining about the cards of all things.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#1898 Posted: 15:47:43 25/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute

OK, so what you complain about is fine but what I complain about isn't? We've been lamenting about digitial retired features for a few years...now they're adding physical retirement to things we've been getting...AND raising the prices...and you think that's A ok? I choose to think more pragmatically.

At the very least, it isn't impressing me...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:49:40 25/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#1899 Posted: 15:51:12 25/06/2015
It's not that what I complain about matters more, it's that I literally have no idea why you guys are raging so hard about pieces of cardboard.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1900 Posted: 16:01:27 25/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute

Yeah, I know right?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
First | Previous | Page 38 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 107 108 109

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me