Page 1 of 1
Hardest level (Not final battle) [CLOSED]
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 18:12:13 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
The hardest level in my opinion is Creepy Citadel for few reasons:

- The level is way too long
- Many enemies and hazards that are annoying or take serious damage
- A Kaos battle at the end with some of the most hardest skylander minions in the game. The spell segments aren't as hard as them.

I had only four compatible skylanders for the whole level. I was navigating through the level very slowly and carefully, making sure I'm not in the way of any painful attacks. The main enemy problems are those black knight statues, those ranged skeletons, and the Gargantulas. I got through before Kaos with one skylander, which took me more than 20 minutes. Then finally managed to beat Kaos after two deaths, taking my time with each minion when they're on their down time.

I never played any of the Adventure Pack levels in SSA, so I don't know if one or few of them are harder than Creepy Citadel.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 19:28:45 07/05/2015
I can go through the level until the boss fight no problem soloing with Hex, even though I wasn't sure it'd be as easy as it was. Arkeyan Armory and Quicksilver Vault feel way harder because the enemies will absolutely slaughther you if you don't dodge at times you could be attacking. Lair of Kaos could've been way harder if they gave it Arkeyan Ultrons and Hammahs, Lava Kings are just too exploitable.

But here are some tips.Bone 'n' Arrows will make the bow sound quite before the actual projectile; and when they do that they already locked in a direction - dodge and keep on dodging. Shadow Knights are really quite easy, because their attack animation is so long you can attack a lot from afar and even get some melee in until he raises the sword,when you go behind him. Gargantulas are the same but the trick is either running circles around them or going ranged - the web shooting also makes a sound before it reaches you, and the ground slam is also very long and has an ever smaller hit range/hurtbox than the knights.

For the boss battles... Not much of a strategy,it really depends on the skylander, but always keeping a distance and going for the moments where they stop attacking is vital. Also skip every 'minion defeated' cutscene, there's some really weird stuff going on with the slow-mo and I managed to get myself killed by lasers while Evil Imp Minion was still dropping food.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#3 Posted: 04:26:21 08/05/2015
I agree with LameLime; Creepy Citadel is a good candidate for the game's hardest level outside of the Lair of Kaos. The skeletal archers are tough and the undead evil Skylanders are tough customers. And to be fair;

Quote: Bifrost
I can go through the level until the boss fight no problem soloing with Hex, even though I wasn't sure it'd be as easy as it was.

That was probably after you played the level several times and got good at it, right? Creepy Citadel can especially be overwhelming if it's a player's first time playing the level, or even a couple more times after that. Conversely, I found Quicksilver Vault rather underwhelming my first playthrough and quickly got the hang of it. The only thing I didn't like about the Arkeyan Armory was when you had to travel in an Arkeyan robot, which ate up so much time.

But to list one that's not Creepy Citadel, Lava Lakes Railway is another good candidate, I'd say. Not as bad as Creepy Citadel, but still one of the game's more challenging levels. Mostly because you are given such small quarters to fight in! Going toe-to-toe with Lava Kings (or even Magma Walkers, as I think they're called) when you have almost nowhere to go to evade their attacks is tough and I would definitely not agree that Lava Kings are "too exploitable", especially in those kind of close quarters. Not unless you're using Skylanders that are extremely mobile like Double Trouble or Gill Grunt. That aside though, Kaos's environmental spell that makes the mounds of swollen, molten earth move around is also pretty annoying, especially in one's first couple of playthroughs. And while evil Eruptor, evil Sunburn and evil Flameslinger aren't as bad as the undead evil Skylanders, they're still annoying when you're fighting them together.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 08:52:42 08/05/2015
Nah, mostly had an easy time, my only issue the first time was that I had no idea about the axes in the ballroom and would just run into them whenever I thought I was in a safe spot, and I got mauled several times over at the boss battle(it was at the time I only had the starter pack). The enemies all have mechanics I've seen elsewhere - the projectile user usually has an audible cue before the attack if the game is savvy about getting out of the way.

But oh no, the Lava King are exploitable,but I didn't say the Flame Imps were. There's definately something that depends on the skylander, but the thing is that if you time yourself right the kings will almost always stop with an attack; attacks with damage per second like Cynder's shadow dash just make them less of a threat than the Magma Walkers. However, of course if an Imp decides to run between you and its master, it's always going to mess everything up because it'll sometimes shake off attacks it really shouldn't just to stop you from attacking at all.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me