Page 1 of 1
Where is it?
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#1 Posted: 15:56:03 05/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Seriously, where is Skylanders 5? This is getting really odd...how do you guys think they are going to present it?
---
Spread those positive vibes
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#2 Posted: 16:08:04 05/05/2015
From what i read they'll announce before or on June 3rd
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:15:52 05/05/2015 by abstractsardine
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#3 Posted: 16:17:26 05/05/2015
I can't wait! For Trap Team they announced it in April, right?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 16:23:37 05/05/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard
Seriously, where is Skylanders 5? This is getting really odd...how do you guys think they are going to present it?

Not odd at all. They'll announce it when they announce it. IMO they need to ship Wave 5 first before they'll talk.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#5 Posted: 19:20:40 05/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: WilltheWizard

Not odd at all. They'll announce it when they announce it. IMO they need to ship Wave 5 first before they'll talk.

Didn't they ship wave 5 after they announced TT?
---
Spread those positive vibes
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#6 Posted: 19:59:50 05/05/2015
It's odd but just for this series,really. I dislike showing the game at a state fan input won't change anything, but what can you do. Even for am October release an E3 announcement is apart enough.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#7 Posted: 20:09:14 05/05/2015
Yeah I'm thinking E3 at this point. Plus the press will already be there.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#8 Posted: 20:19:56 05/05/2015
Plot twist: Both Disney and Activision are waiting for the other company to announce something so they can steal the first one's thunder.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#9 Posted: 20:27:32 05/05/2015
Quote: Bifrost
It's odd but just for this series,really. I dislike showing the game at a state fan input won't change anything, but what can you do. Even for am October release an E3 announcement is apart enough.

Honestly, since we've had some rumblings that "fan input" caused the whole Trap Master-only-gates debacle, I think I'm looking forward to seeing the next game after it's too late for our comments and observations to have any lasting impact. smilie

Quote: TrapShadowFan
Plot twist: Both Disney and Activision are waiting for the other company to announce something so they can steal the first one's thunder.

Too late, Disney's genie (ha ha) has been released from its bottle thanks to that leaked Game Informer cover (and article?). Unless Activision is just waiting for Disney's official announcement of Infinity 3.0, they have no reason to put off bellying up to the bar and spilling the beans about Sky 5 at this point.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#10 Posted: 20:28:32 05/05/2015
Quote: Tigorus
Yeah I'm thinking E3 at this point. Plus the press will already be there.

But... that german magazine is going to be showing it on the 3rd. Before E3. It has to be revealed before E3, or else some german magazine will reveal everything before the big reveal.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#11 Posted: 21:09:05 05/05/2015
I think The beginning of June would be perfect to reveal. I remember last year hearing people whine and complain about no news. This will help clear that up.
#12 Posted: 21:14:24 05/05/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

Honestly, since we've had some rumblings that "fan input" caused the whole Trap Master-only-gates debacle, I think I'm looking forward to seeing the next game after it's too late for our comments and observations to have any lasting impact. smilie

-Doug

Not sure if that was input or just a thinly veiled excuse as to why they weren't ready. I suspect the quotes indicates slathering sarcasm on your point, and if so, touche.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:45 05/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#13 Posted: 21:14:42 05/05/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan

then Disney was first....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#14 Posted: 21:20:15 05/05/2015
^ Not official company announcement. Denied.
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#15 Posted: 21:43:34 05/05/2015
Aaaaaaand then sky 5 appeared and stole all the hype from DI 3.0
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:44:25 05/05/2015 by Deja Vu
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#16 Posted: 21:46:13 05/05/2015
Star Wars Disney infinite has been confirmed. Won't be long for skylanders , they better have lifted their game to match.

Just a couple of DI things I read in articles , I assume they are true lol...
dI has a $10 cheaper game pack and a portal owners pack, which are apparently essential to appear cheaper then Lego.

Also improved multiplayer games like racing with all the vehicles.

And the Star Wars stuff looks pretty rad. And levels arnt as character exclusive anymore.

They've apparently been praised for listening to fan feedback to create this game. Something skylanders hasn't really taken on board or seemed to care that much about since Giants and implementing the jumping ability.

Skylanders better at least follows some of these basic things like a cheaper starter pack and portal owners packs now.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:56:17 05/05/2015 by wild_defender
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#17 Posted: 22:24:09 05/05/2015
Quote: Deja Vu

It was zere plan all along! D:
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#18 Posted: 22:26:58 05/05/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

-Doug

Not sure if that was input or just a thinly veiled excuse as to why they weren't ready. I suspect the quotes indicates slathering sarcasm on your point, and if so, touche.

I was sarcastically referring to people complaining about not having enough to do with their back catalog and then bringing it to the forefront last year that you didn't even need the gimmick Skylanders for the gimmick gates in Swap Force. I can't recall where I read it, but someone either had some back room details or enough detailed analysis of the original Trap Team demo/debut (where the gates weren't locked) as compared to the later demos (where the gates were locked) to point specifically at people complaining loudly about how "you don't even need the swappers" causing the gate-locking cash grab that ended up happening. If everybody holds their breath until it's too late for Activision/Toys for Bob/Vicarious Visions to fundamentally alter the game and then point out any "flaws" which keep us from being locked into a vicious buying cycle, that would be greaaaaaat. smilie

Quote: wild_defender
They've apparently been praised for listening to fan feedback to create this game.

"Most people think your game sucks outside of the toybox" is pretty blatant feedback that they should have listened to when putting out "2.0." The fact that they've finally listened is great, but not something that they should really be praised for since they churned out two games which were essentially Minecraft + Amiibos. You can build things! You can play with all of these great characters! But most of your great characters actually can't do anything outside of where you build stuff unless we make them a world! Which we aren't going to do! (Examples: Jack Skellington, Elsa & Anna, Wreck-It Ralph & Vanellope, etc.) We also aren't going to make your old worlds forward compatible!

Honestly, and I hope I'm not just being unobservant and stepping on someone's toes, I'm surprised I'm the first person to point out that the vast majority of Infinity stuff up to this point has a pretty serious parallel with the Amiibos. They're neat little statues of your favorite characters, but except in one very specific game/mode, they don't do anything. At least Nintendo has repeatedly made the statement that they're going to keep coming up with new games that the Amiibos will interact with whereas Disney pretty much said "Nope, your Infinity 1.0 playsets won't work in 2.0 and your dudes still have to have a playset to be able to do anything other than mull about in the toybox." Ugh.

Quote:
Skylanders better at least follows some of these basic things like a cheaper starter pack and portal owners packs now.

That would be great, but honestly, I'd be just as happy if they kept the same price point (which I and many others are comfortable with) and added a little more to the starters to increase value. Put in two gimmicks and three cores, or add another core or two and most people won't care about any price drops the competition throws out.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#19 Posted: 22:33:06 05/05/2015
Quote: wild_defender
Star Wars Disney infinite has been confirmed. Won't be long for skylanders , they better have lifted their game to match.

Just a couple of DI things I read in articles , I assume they are true lol...
dI has a $10 cheaper game pack and a portal owners pack, which are apparently essential to appear cheaper then Lego.

Also improved multiplayer games like racing with all the vehicles.

And the Star Wars stuff looks pretty rad. And levels arnt as character exclusive anymore.

They've apparently been praised for listening to fan feedback to create this game. Something skylanders hasn't really taken on board or seemed to care that much about since Giants and implementing the jumping ability.

Skylanders can almost get away with needing a new Portal each year because of it's gimmicks. Giants didn't need a new Portal, but SWAP Force needed a stronger Portal to recognize four toys (Two halves of two swappers) at once and obviously Trap Team needed a new Portal for the trapping gimmick, including the speaker box. Disney Infinity's only real gimmick is it's properties outside of the main Disney family of characters.

Disney Infinity doesn't seem to try very hard to make characters worth their price tag, in my opinion. None of the characters seem to have any real benefit to having them aside from you enjoying the character. To add insult to injury they literally have toybox characters that have no real content designed for them specifically. I sincerely hope Disney has changed that, considering their competition Skylanders is -very- figure compatibility friendly.

Not to mention any character that isn't Pixar-designed looks weird. Captain Jack Sparrow, The Marvel roster has varying degrees of oddities, The Long Ranger playset, etc.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#20 Posted: 22:53:49 05/05/2015
^ Not official company announcement. Denied.

It's official (I know you're being sarcastic):

I don't really share the opinion of "Infinity figures don't do much outside the Toy Box" since that's where we play the most. I personally enjoy the hell out of the world design element. Also as an added value, the p.c. version of the game is free. My card codes unlock a virtual version of the play sets and figures I purchase. So in effect I'm getting two versions of everything I buy (except discs). It would be great if the play sets were better but it's not my only way to play. The fact that they have separate developers working on the different plat sets and Toy Box games speaks volumes to the fact that they want to do better and acknowledge that they can't do it alone. Now Skylanders does alternate developers but so far we've only seen the two. If Beenox ever develops that an instant pass...just saying. So I guess my point is that love it or hate it there's two separate experiences in Infinity with the Toy Box and play sets. In Skylanders, if you don't like the core game you're kind of screwed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:00 05/05/2015 by Tigorus
#21 Posted: 23:40:51 05/05/2015
Actually haven't bothered to see if there was an official announcement. I would've thought it would've been somewhere here before now. I fully thought that there was an announcement, but thanks for proving me wrong. It tends to happen quite often. smilie

The lower price point on Infinity 3.0 is very interesting. It will be interesting to see if Skylanders tries to continue up-pricing their content or will they finally reign it in a bit.

darkchylde: Just like I won't be applauding Activision for online because it's been on the to do list for at least two years. I'm ready to vote with my wallet and send them the message (as slight as it will be, combined with many strong message there will be). I remember that as well with the complaints on first launch and then the complaints after. All I know is, be careful what you ask for, you just may get it!

Quote: Deja Vu

Anything less and the next thing Activision will hear is this:

Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:52:32 05/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#22 Posted: 09:08:19 06/05/2015
It will be here sooner than you know it.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#23 Posted: 00:47:14 07/05/2015
Realy people....get a grip. It will be announced.....my guess.. like i said before will be at E3...witch is soon.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#24 Posted: 00:53:32 07/05/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Realy people....get a grip. It will be announced.....my guess.. like i said before will be at E3...witch is soon.

But we have confirmation it will come before the 3rd of June...
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#25 Posted: 01:13:52 07/05/2015
Looks like Flynn has some pilot competition....

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me