Page 1 of 1
Skylanders 5 Gimmick Guessing
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 00:00:43 19/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Any ideas for what the new gimmick and name would be?

My idea is a series of characters called "Weapon Masters" and the name of the game is called "Skylanders: Weapon Masters" The figures have arms or other parts that can hold a toy weapon. These weapons will be sold separately like traps. You can use the toy weapons to attach to the weapon master figure and they will have that weapon in-game

I chose this idea because it's as advanced as Trap Team, with the separate toy weapons that are like traps. I wanted to think of something that is more or the same technicality than Trap Team. I think this is a good idea seeing how I have no clear thought of how Skylanders 5 can be more bigger than Trap Team. Activision could try to pull off something that is the same size than it.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2 Posted: 00:13:40 19/04/2015
Haha I had a similar idea too. I guess I will stick to that for now.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3 Posted: 00:42:39 19/04/2015
I'm mainly expecting some expansions on Light and Dark Landers to make them more unique, but not much else.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 00:45:15 19/04/2015
The only gimmick related to Skylanders I would appreciate (unless V.V. can come up with something TRULY amazing) is a Light and Dark one which would provide us more Giants, Swappers and Trap Masters for those Elements.

So yeah I agree with Bionichute.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
wavesorcerer14 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4861
#5 Posted: 00:55:25 19/04/2015
Quote: LameLime
Any ideas for what the new gimmick and name would be?

My idea is a series of characters called "Weapon Masters" and the name of the game is called "Skylanders: Weapon Masters" The figures have arms or other parts that can hold a toy weapon. These weapons will be sold separately like traps. You can use the toy weapons to attach to the weapon master figure and they will have that weapon in-game

I chose this idea because it's as advanced as Trap Team, with the separate toy weapons that are like traps. I wanted to think of something that is more or the same technicality than Trap Team. I think this is a good idea seeing how I have no clear thought of how Skylanders 5 can be more bigger than Trap Team. Activision could try to pull off something that is the same size than it.

Oh my friend had the same idea, but called Skylanders Weapon Warriors!
---
"altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi."
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#6 Posted: 00:57:16 19/04/2015
this reminds me of the gameinformer article where they interview paul reiche III. In it he talks a little about the future of the series. He mentions he wants it to feel like the magic is real. In giants you had light cores, as he put "having lightcore's eyes glow as it gets closer to the portal... those little things build a sense of magic and power." In swap force you could swap the characters around "the innovation of changing a toy and seeing a change in the game emblematic of what skylanders is all about". Now in trap team you can take stuff out. "You can come up with new category of characters, new minigames and activities, but to reverse it and say, " now i'm going to start stealing things out of skylands: The power of the portal master goes two ways.""

all this points to them wanting it to react more and more with the real world, letting us be able to control the character and things in the game more. The weapons idea you guys have does hit on this but im picturing something outside of the game, like the game has spilled out into our world. No clue what that is but this is all just food for thought.

" we want kids to feel strong, heroic, special, and enchanted. Anything that does that while connecting with a tangible, physical activity - that's where i see it."

i tried to find this article online but all my searches came up empty. Gameinformer issues 261 ( science fiction issue), page 31. Article title " creating a phenomenon" interview by Matt Helgeson.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#7 Posted: 01:02:43 19/04/2015
Quote: Drek95
The only gimmick related to Skylanders I would appreciate (unless V.V. can come up with something TRULY amazing) is a Light and Dark one which would provide us more Giants, Swappers and Trap Masters for those Elements.

Each new game needs something new and innovative. I don't think getting Light and Dark Giants, Swappers and Trap Masters is enough.
---
bye
#8 Posted: 01:09:36 19/04/2015
Quote: newkill

Each new game needs something new and innovative. I don't think getting Light and Dark Giants, Swappers and Trap Masters is enough.

In my opinion the game itself should have something truly innovative not the figures.
SA was a great game even without any Gimmicklander.

I would like in they could focus more on Cores and the gameplay.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#9 Posted: 01:34:37 19/04/2015
Weapon Masters was one of my ideas as well way back when we were guessing for Sky 4. I'm kind of doubting it now that we just got Trap Masters with over sized weapons. So now I think it's (from a previous thread):

Skylanders: Portal Wars

Will you answer the call for Good or will you side with evil for control of Skylands?

You can play as the Portal Master for Good by taking control of an ancient Arkyean Power Suit that allows the user to have a physical presence in Skylands. Or you can play as one of three evil generals and upcoming Evil Portal Masters. They are, the Evil Troll General Jerkzees, The Drow Sorceress Opressa and the vile Cyclops Old Dread Eye!!!

As the Portal Master in your Arkyean suit you'd issue orders commanding your Skylanders to victory. You'd level up the suit gaining buffs and powers to your skylanders. Or you could play the level and use your Skylanders as powerful allies summoning them for a short time to assist you (like a magic item). The suit would need to be leveled up similar to the Skylanders themselves.

As the Evil Generals you'd take command of your villain armies and storm Skylands. Each General would add specific buffs to the Villains you are commanding at the time. Or you could take direct control of the General them selves and spread Chaos and destruction throughout Skylands. Each General would have there own specific power and buff set.

The gimmick could be powers and abilities for your suit and the villain generals. It could be discs or they could make a mock-up suit or villain statues that have upgrade nodes that would set into the figure with magnets like in Swap Force and each piece would have it's own RFID. Think Voltron with upgrade items...and new figures of course.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:00:53 19/04/2015 by Tigorus
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#10 Posted: 01:49:05 19/04/2015
Going for the article Fairyland mentioned earlier about VV hinting at "wearables", and thinking that we'll get skylanders that change costume. Be a mystical creature that can wear a trenchcoat, sailor outfit, fireman outfit,and maid outfit. Each has a power that combines with the character's element to do weird things like bake magma cakes or steampunk anchors out of nowhere.

I miiight be up until very late at night.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#11 Posted: 02:08:56 19/04/2015

In my opinion the game itself should have something truly innovative not the figures.

Spot on. If the game advancements are great, anything incremental offered with the toys puts it over the top. Come up with totally awesome toys AND game....no complaints from me on continuing to invest.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#12 Posted: 02:45:12 19/04/2015
I want loght and dark Giants, Swappers, and another trap master for each element, but I also want something new personally.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#13 Posted: 03:44:36 19/04/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Spot on. If the game advancements are great, anything incremental offered with the toys puts it over the top. Come up with totally awesome toys AND game....no complaints from me on continuing to invest.

I'm sure it's possible for them to create a gimmick that affects a bigger part of how the game is played, like more than trapping villains or swapping top and bottom parts on a character.
---
bye
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#14 Posted: 05:15:19 19/04/2015
What if this time in order to play Skylanders 5 we'd have to purchase pieces that unlocks the main chapters in the story e.g purchase a sewage piece to unlock secret sewers of stink, or an arkeyan piece to unlock quicksilver vault
GadtheGreat Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#15 Posted: 08:33:12 19/04/2015
You are so right. The gameplay is where the games are falling short. New innovative game play that feels magical, with your Skylanders magic too. It is a game so they should really work on the games story line and make it more interactive and engaging, with plot twists, good characterization (good times in English smilie ) making the characters feel real and personal, more choices and more free. Make it feel like you choose the story, you call the shots, you are the hero- the great portal master. We should have more power in the game, not just sitting around and watching annoying characters (not all of them, Flynn is cool, but guys like Mags with her annoying lines about cinnamon and hot buttered toast) doing things and telling us stuff that we know. If they want to tell us something we don't know make it like Eon is talking to us and training us. That would make it cool.
Also, the levels should stay short and very different to each other. So all the levels have their own magical feel and there should be maybe 20+ levels. Short but lots, so you keep playing the levels, and that you don't get bored.
Another thing, is that the Skylanders must have more to do in the game, so it's not just walking around and doing puzzles, because all Skylanders can do that. Maybe more fighting, keeping it interesting and so that we are actually using our Skylanders personal specialties. This will make them feel more personal and more people will get more. People will all want to collect them all.
Oh and maybe like in Giants, the Oracle level felt magical because the Skylander is spoken to and this is something that should be used in the next game along with a working play time number that keeps counting for hours and hours and also more upgrade levels that from level 20 and afterwards your Skylander only gets small amounts of health maybe 10 more health points and maybe every 5 levels you get more Elemental Bonus or Critical Hit like +2 or something small, just to keep the fun and experience with your Skylanders going, and make it really hard to get to the next level from 20+ and maybe a total of 50 levels to go through. Also like I said, make the Skylanders talk in the story, and more epic cinematic battles like the beginning of Giants and Trap Team. Those are awesome and make the Skylanders look truly powerful.
But yes, work on the gameplay is a big priority. Great point man. Great Graphics, no glitches, maybe chuck in some easter eggs, extra stuff to find and do, really hard achievements to do for fun, and lots of levels and bonus stuff to do.
Gad the Great smilie smilie
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#16 Posted: 09:23:27 19/04/2015
What would be unlikely, but cool, is if there were characters with the ability to play as other characters temporarily and they lit up when in mimic mode.
#17 Posted: 13:23:40 19/04/2015
Quote: 4inCreation
What would be unlikely, but cool, is if there were characters with the ability to play as other characters temporarily and they lit up when in mimic mode.

That would be cool, but I doubt they would have characters like that because the sales would go down since people wouldn't have to buy as many Skylanders. You would basically buy a couple of Skylanders for the price of 1 and with only 1 figure.
---
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#18 Posted: 14:32:09 19/04/2015
Quote: wavesorcerer14

That would be cool, but I doubt they would have characters like that because the sales would go down since people wouldn't have to buy as many Skylanders. You would basically buy a couple of Skylanders for the price of 1 and with only 1 figure.

Hmmm...where have I heard that before? Oh yeah. Swap Force.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#19 Posted: 16:20:27 19/04/2015
Quote: Skylander3112
What if this time in order to play Skylanders 5 we'd have to purchase pieces that unlocks the main chapters in the story e.g purchase a sewage piece to unlock secret sewers of stink, or an arkeyan piece to unlock quicksilver vault

You mean like Adventure Pieces but for Story levels...?
In this case I sincerely hope not.

I'm ok with extra levels sold as Adventure Packs but the main Story should be complete.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#20 Posted: 17:34:47 19/04/2015
Quote: Skylander3112

You mean like Adventure Pieces but for Story levels...?
In this case I sincerely hope not.

I'm ok with extra levels sold as Adventure Packs but the main Story should be complete.

Yeah, I'm sure that was the intent. To scare XD
Considering I just got my Ghost Roaster (the last character I needed from the original trilogy) I'll be satisfied with whatever VV does, as long as backwards compatibility is supported.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:35:08 19/04/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#21 Posted: 18:15:07 19/04/2015
Skylanders Chaos force

The gimmicklanders are new Light/Darks of past gimmicklanders.
Like a light giant, or a dark swapper!
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#22 Posted: 18:38:23 19/04/2015
Well, they said it was going to be "innovative"... Except for the figures dancing and pulling off a three-ring circus, I got nothing.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#23 Posted: 22:11:13 19/04/2015
I think the gimic will be about the game content. Iether some impressive battle thing or multiplayer. I personally believe the lack of PvP in trap team means we are gonna get something very multiplayer/ multi Skylander focused ( like games where you could run around the missions as 4 charscters , switching between them, making the game a lot more team based. I don't expect 4 , maybe 3 though.
I think it's plausible as the tag team ability in trap team is kind of a introduction to the concept of switching between active skylanders.

We really are missing the "team" aspect for skylanders, All the literature says how skylanders work together yet we are still playing the game relatively solitary.

I don't think there should be gimic landers , instead to compensate and encourage people to buy new skylanders they should just have all the characters come with a mini level and in game item/hat/ or something , like Giants , but a step up from just heroic challenges. Basically so a figure you buy actually comes with new content again.
This is one thing Disney infinite ( and possibly Lego ) does right and Skylanders should go back to doing it.

But if not I supposed some very teamwork based team of skylanders could be made to pair with the advanced multiplayer with specific abilities e.g. like whirlwinds healing rainbow.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:04 19/04/2015 by wild_defender
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#24 Posted: 00:08:11 20/04/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
Quote: wavesorcerer14

Hmmm...where have I heard that before? Oh yeah. Swap Force.

Swap Force was actually having the figures, I mean playing as a different character in game. For example, you could purchase a mimic ability the same way you upgrade powers. Then, you could select which character you want to play as from a list of characters. There would have to be limits, but it would be fun to test out characters or broaden the experience to those new to the game.
#25 Posted: 03:14:38 20/04/2015
I just want the game to focus more on the gameplay. And for it to have really cool Skylanders, of course. Also, I can't remember who said this, but I remember someone on an idea topic said something about the Skylander having a relationship with you and its relationship grows stronger and stronger with you the more you play as it. The user also said something about how the Skylander would talk to you and things like that. That post was a LONG time ago, but for some reason I still remember it.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#26 Posted: 10:40:40 20/04/2015
The sutff about outfit-weapons-armor, seems a very possible new gimmick. Addtionally, it was mentioned at another topic the possibility of releasing rings or pendants, which would grant multiplayer capabilities or boost somehow the skills of Skylanders.

Apart from those, another possibility it seems reasonable is being able to play as your Skylander Alter Ego, each figure having it's own version.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#27 Posted: 17:47:19 20/04/2015
I'd personally love a tag team ability where your second Skylander still followed you around, similar to the Lego games, and maybe had increased armor as a follower to make up for the game's AI. My only problem with this is I think everyone would just end up going with Whirlwind/Favorite Skylander match-ups. Is there anything character who can heal besides Whirlwind and Broccoli Guy?
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
skygrin Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#28 Posted: 20:39:23 20/04/2015
How about battle warriors?
---
smilie gottee
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#29 Posted: 23:54:25 20/04/2015
Skylanders rune stones?

elemental rune stone characters ( 1 for each element ) ( 1 rune stone toy aligns with the game character )

Skylanders puzzle force?

assemble magic items, and characters?

Orrrrr...

Skylander rally?

racing game ( we need this )

Skylanders Smash?

Kinda like a skylanders smash bros.

Maybe they can throw in toys with speakers in them, and they say their catchphrase when they touch the portal?

-------

now for some jokes:
skylanders GPS masters
Skylanders rock force ( rock toys are expected )
skylanders gimmc-That's from the phase files...
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:05:10 21/04/2015 by goldenrushducks
blade430 Green Sparx Gems: 427
#30 Posted: 22:12:17 21/04/2015
Two words: mega evolution.
---
"And so I arrive, like a sudden windstorm at a kindergarten picnic!"
-Dimentio
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#31 Posted: 02:36:11 22/04/2015
^ ....ahhh this isn't Pokemon. smilie
Besides none of the Skylanders evolve...so they really can't use Mega Evolutions.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#32 Posted: 06:34:49 22/04/2015
Quote: goldenrushducks
Skylanders rune stones?

elemental rune stone characters ( 1 for each element ) ( 1 rune stone toy aligns with the game character )

Skylanders puzzle force?

assemble magic items, and characters?

Orrrrr...

Skylander rally?

racing game ( we need this )

Skylanders Smash?

Kinda like a skylanders smash bros.

Maybe they can throw in toys with speakers in them, and they say their catchphrase when they touch the portal?

-------

now for some jokes:
skylanders GPS masters
Skylanders rock force ( rock toys are expected )
skylanders gimmc-That's from the phase files...

The las two serious ideas would be perfect for spin-offs. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#33 Posted: 07:12:23 22/04/2015
They team up with Disney and make a Skylanders/Disney infinity crossover
Nah I'm just kidding, basically what lamelime said, these weapon things that attach on special Skylanders
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#34 Posted: 13:25:31 22/04/2015
Quote: blade430
Two words: mega evolution.

Maybe not mega evolution, but some sort of upgrade where their appearance and skills could change can also be plausible. Sort of Goku going Super Saiyan, Sonic going Super Sonic or Dante going it's devil trigger.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:26:32 22/04/2015 by angelg
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#35 Posted: 20:32:09 26/04/2015
mortal kombat........... but seriously maybe a more serious game where a new villain tries to corrupt the essence of skylands and the heroes chosen by eon are the light and dark swappers giants and stuff so yeah (oh god this was the story for mkx as Shinnok corrupts earths essence dun dun dun)
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#36 Posted: 01:36:47 27/04/2015
Guys, while browsing Skylanders I thought of something: dragons. Yeah I know, we have plenty, but this way our older skylanders could play a part in the next game's gimmick. It could be called Skylanders: Dragon's Rising (working title). Of course, since Activision really likes money, they could make bigger dragon skylanders and call them something like Dragon Heroes. The old dragons would be known as Young Dragons, and the minis would be Baby Dragons.

Then again... this would leave out the non-dragon skylanders. Oh well... still a work in progress, but an idea nonetheless.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#37 Posted: 01:41:30 27/04/2015
Quote: TJRedeemer
Guys, while browsing Skylanders I thought of something: dragons. Yeah I know, we have plenty, but this way our older skylanders could play a part in the next game's gimmick. It could be called Skylanders: Dragon's Rising (working title). Of course, since Activision really likes money, they could make bigger dragon skylanders and call them something like Dragon Heroes. The old dragons would be known as Young Dragons, and the minis would be Baby Dragons.

Then again... this would leave out the non-dragon skylanders. Oh well... still a work in progress, but an idea nonetheless.

Give some screen time to Spyro and add specific dialogue and game content to him as well. It could work.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#38 Posted: 16:11:55 27/04/2015
cars.... nuff said
---
THE END IS NEAR
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#39 Posted: 16:38:17 27/04/2015
Is there enough landmass for race tracks in the Skylands? Air ships would be better.

Or they will include Crash Bandicoot as Skylander and we will ride on titans (Crash of the Titans ... I liked the game) smilie.

Joke apart! I would wish me a party system with three Skylanders at the same time on the portal. We could play it with the old characters and the game would be heavier or the new that has special rpg game abilitys (tank, heal, shield, croud controll, damage+, etc.).
thumpinator Gold Sparx Gems: 2419
#40 Posted: 17:47:53 27/04/2015
Skylanders the Myticals
for every element there is a mythical creature that do something in game. For water a merman/mermaid, for magic a fairy, for fire another phoenix, for undead a zombie or something, for air a unicorn etc.
#41 Posted: 21:35:09 27/04/2015
Quote: Cynderfan507
I have an idea for a gimmick:
No gimmick whatsoever.
A game that'll feature ALL the gimmicks from EVERY game. Giants, Swappers, the Trap Team, villains, as well as regular Skylanders. All in one game. No new gimmick. It should have as many levels as SSA, maybe more. All figures would get new poses. One new Skylander for each element. Only one. A new villain, too, since Kaos was captured in the last game, it only makes sense. Malefor would be a good choice. Also, it would use the portal from Trap Team. There'd be a portal owners pack (which'll just include the game and maybe a limited edition Skylander), and a starter pack, which would include a portal like the one from Trap Team, and would include Spyro, Tree Rex, Washbuckler, Snap Shot, and a water trap.
All I know is that we just need more content for the figures we already have. I likely won't even get the next game unless it doesn't have a gimmick.

Absolutely agree except for the characters.
2 or 4 Cores per Element.

Or 2 for the original 8 and 4 for Light and Dark. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#42 Posted: 23:57:50 27/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynderfan507
I have an idea for a gimmick:
No gimmick whatsoever.
A game that'll feature ALL the gimmicks from EVERY game. Giants, Swappers, the Trap Team, villains, as well as regular Skylanders. All in one game. No new gimmick. It should have as many levels as SSA, maybe more. All figures would get new poses. One new Skylander for each element. Only one. A new villain, too, since Kaos was captured in the last game, it only makes sense. Malefor would be a good choice. Also, it would use the portal from Trap Team. There'd be a portal owners pack (which'll just include the game and maybe a limited edition Skylander), and a starter pack, which would include a portal like the one from Trap Team, and would include Spyro, Tree Rex, Washbuckler, Snap Shot, and a water trap.
All I know is that we just need more content for the figures we already have. I likely won't even get the next game unless it doesn't have a gimmick.

Yes. I had this idea for a while. Again, I don't see any clear idea on how they're going to expand on the complexity after Trap Masters and Traps. So yeah, it would be great if we can get a repose of each giant and one swapper and trap master of each element for the next game. That just means I can save lots of money not needing any set of new gimmick-landers I want to buy, and just focus on getting those second-path copies for the gimmicks I have which I'll have fun repainting.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#43 Posted: 08:43:55 28/04/2015
Quote: nitendofan92
cars.... nuff said

I can't believe I dind't think of that as a new gimmick (not only cars but all kind of vehicles, planes, spaceships, etc). To be honest, I don't like the idea, however it seems very plausible.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:44:53 28/04/2015 by angelg
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#44 Posted: 10:22:33 28/04/2015
Quote: angelg
cars.... nuff said

I can't believe I dind't think of that as a new gimmick (not only cars but all kind of vehicles, planes, spaceships, etc). To be honest, I don't like the idea, however it seems very plausible.

we already have it, but instead of vehicles, planes, spaceships.... we got the traps.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#45 Posted: 20:40:33 28/04/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: angelg
cars.... nuff said

we already have it, but instead of vehicles, planes, spaceships.... we got the traps.

Yeah, in fact traps were like an "extra item" apart from skylanders. I don't why but I think the new gimmick will be another "extra item" which may have it's own port on the portal, just as traps did. In fact I think this port will be compatible with both traps and the new gimmick.
---
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#46 Posted: 22:19:21 28/04/2015
I would be happy to have just a game with no new characters. No starter pack, just use previous characters with a lot of gameplay.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#47 Posted: 16:52:53 30/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
I think the gimic will be about the game content. Iether some impressive battle thing or multiplayer. I personally believe the lack of PvP in trap team means we are gonna get something very multiplayer/ multi Skylander focused ( like games where you could run around the missions as 4 charscters , switching between them, making the game a lot more team based. I don't expect 4 , maybe 3 though.
I think it's plausible as the tag team ability in trap team is kind of a introduction to the concept of switching between active skylanders.

We really are missing the "team" aspect for skylanders, All the literature says how skylanders work together yet we are still playing the game relatively solitary.

Woah, that sounds eerily close to what I had in mind for S2 Spotlight and Blackout, and with your gimmick, they'd be PERFECT to be in the Starter set, my idea is that their Wow-Pows would offer them some passive stat boost when playing co-op with the other one... (and do some active attack upgrade either way [probably attack 3 so that it may or may not be a tag move when both players do so in Co-OP], or something), the wow-pows would BOTH be called "Two as one!", or "Power of Twilight!" or "Opposites Attract!"

Quote: wild_defender

I don't think there should be gimic landers , instead to compensate and encourage people to buy new skylanders they should just have all the characters come with a mini level and in game item/hat/ or something , like Giants , but a step up from just heroic challenges. Basically so a figure you buy actually comes with new content again.
This is one thing Disney infinite ( and possibly Lego ) does right and Skylanders should go back to doing it.

But if not I supposed some very teamwork based team of skylanders could be made to pair with the advanced multiplayer with specific abilities e.g. like whirlwinds healing rainbow.

woah, so this is cool, you had the same thing in mind... when you meant teamwork...
Anyway, the reason that my gimmick for S2 blackout/spotlight works for the starter, is because it'd be a GREAT way to showcase teamwork...
it'd need online co-op though, otherwise people with no one to play with would be mad... (I'm not one of them, as I have a brother...)
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#48 Posted: 07:48:53 01/05/2015
I had an idea,
An option for the second player to "backpack" on the first player,
Not sure if I used the right word, but backpack means the 2nd players character becomes smaller and attaches on to the first players characters back,
This feature is in the crash game Crash of the titans,
I know this isn't really a gimmick but I would like it to be a feature in Skylanders 5
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me