darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Is Vicarious Visions working on Sklanders 5?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Is Vicarious Visions working on Sklanders 5?
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1 Posted: 01:48:16 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
If they are, color me excited. Swap Force is still the best Skylanders game (In my opinion at least) and if they're working on it then I'd be expecting some good changes to the series, and a better story as well.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 01:52:20 18/04/2015
They are,and color me afraid. SF is the game I like the least and aside from Skylanders they only work on handheld and shovelware, so we're in the dark until they announce it. Their writer has been improving a LOT lately from his work in the comics though.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 02:01:17 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I still can list off more bad things in Trap Team than I can in Swap Force. Like the numerous glitches, the surprising lack of content, paywalls, removing PvP, adding some really eh characters, and changing all the Story Scrolls to Flynn's ego stroking. About the only good things Trap Team added were the Light and Dark elements, the villains, and Kaos Mode.

Keep in mind, I still like Trap Team, but its honestly my least favorite of the games so far.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3544
#4 Posted: 03:00:24 18/04/2015
Swap Force may be good in terms of quality. But the gameplay is crap, I hate how bosses were a whole seperate level. I shows me VV is lazy, considering they create long levels instead on more variety
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
#5 Posted: 03:11:02 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I would rather have longer, better designed levels and bosses than the really awful, easy bosses and really short levels in Trap Team.

And how is being quality a bad thing?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#6 Posted: 03:20:26 18/04/2015
Swap Force had the most to do in it. I hope VV is as in inventive with Sky 5 as they were with Swap Force. Game added depth to characters by allowing characters to juggle and stun.

The only thing I hope is they do what SA and TT did, which is have a good amount of chapters, none being boss fights, and 4 Adventure Packs.

I just want to know when the reveal is.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#7 Posted: 03:42:20 18/04/2015
I just hope they don't make those Long levels again...they where to long....by the time i got to the check point that should have been the end...and make a new level....i.e. make more levels/chapters. Also make more things to do...not make the levels/chapters an hour and a half long.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#8 Posted: 10:20:56 18/04/2015
I think VV will do a good job this time, the ideas of swap force were good but I will forever probably dislike it for breaking the continuity of the franchise. .

The main ones....
Getting rid of heroics challenges and stat upgrades but keeping the mini missions that you have no reason to complete more then once .
Changing streghth of skylanders , specifically the Giants.
Doing basically the same reposes as Giants did.

I thinking VV would have listened to feed back last time and will do a good job this year.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 12:01:45 18/04/2015
They are and I won't go off-topic saying which developer I prefer and why.

We all know what TfB and V.V. objectively got right and not, and I personally know what I liked and disliked in both styles.

Since we are specifically taking about V.V. however, I'm sure they listened to feedback, as wild_defender said, and since they objectively pushed the series a lot further technically speaking (awesome gimmick, mind-blowing graphics improved physycal engine and battle system) I am positive they will create an amazing Skylanders game. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#10 Posted: 12:41:47 18/04/2015
SF was still a good game by Skylanders standards, though I think it had plenty of flaws. Hopefully VV learned from their mistakes.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#11 Posted: 13:14:26 18/04/2015
Swap Force was a great game, though incredibly flawed, still more interesting than Trap Team.

Trap Team was terrible visually, very basic visuals (Iron Jaw Gulch in SF was BEAUTIFUL), The level enviroments and design were very boring and uninspired, no real emotional connection to any characters (I really felt bad for the little robot-ghost spirt in Giants)

There was only one flaw in SF (The one that kept it from being a great game) and that is how unbalanced the characters are, and how the game gets boring in the higher difficulties, as you have to resort to spamming to defeat enemies.

I believe VV has a great understanding of the universe now, and as an artistic-media company are getting better at their craft.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#12 Posted: 13:50:21 18/04/2015
Quote: Bionichute
I still can list off more bad things in Trap Team than I can in Swap Force. Like the numerous glitches, the surprising lack of content, paywalls, removing PvP, adding some really eh characters, and changing all the Story Scrolls to Flynn's ego stroking. About the only good things Trap Team added were the Light and Dark elements, the villains, and Kaos Mode.

Keep in mind, I still like Trap Team, but its honestly my least favorite of the games so far.

I never said any of the games is perfect. TT is much better visually(Academy,Monster Marsh and Lair of the Golden Queen ermergerd), SF is much better when it comes to combat physics and content. But that doesn't excuse VV out of character assassination, terrible design choices(Chompies and Primary Color Abomination-yacht),uninspired Skylander body shapes and monster names(MINEMINER SO CREATIVE), and plot holes. And the main problem is, TFB might be of Star Control fame and went under the radar after being bought by Acti,but VV under Activision didn't do anything other than Guitar Hero/Tony Hawk ports and shovelware. It's hard enough to trust them to be as good as SF was(again,except writing, David Rodriguez caught the hang of the lore in the comics no thanks to his dev team), let alone make SKL5 a good game overall.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#13 Posted: 14:23:52 18/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost

I never said any of the games is perfect. TT is much better visually(Academy,Monster Marsh and Lair of the Golden Queen ermergerd), SF is much better when it comes to combat physics and content. But that doesn't excuse VV out of character assassination, terrible design choices(Chompies and Primary Color Abomination-yacht),uninspired Skylander body shapes and monster names(MINEMINER SO CREATIVE), and plot holes. And the main problem is, TFB might be of Star Control fame and went under the radar after being bought by Acti,but VV under Activision didn't do anything other than Guitar Hero/Tony Hawk ports and shovelware. It's hard enough to trust them to be as good as SF was(again,except writing, David Rodriguez caught the hang of the lore in the comics no thanks to his dev team), let alone make SKL5 a good game overall.

I beg to differ. TT does look very good but it feels less organic then SF and don't get the started on the lazy AWFUL lighting of Trap Team. SF's graphics felt more organic.

As for the story, I agree, it's not great but it'll likely be better since the guy is writing for the comics now and the stories in the comic are pretty well written.

I feel like your body shape argument is pretty poor, especially for the Swappers, They HAD to be that way to they look like they'd make sense when swapped. SSA and giants, with the exception of some characters most of them are either bipedal or quadrupeds, just like in SF.

I feel kike you're being way to harsh on VV, Granted they did some pretty stupid things, like the Dread Yacht and over all story. You have to remember, that was their first Skylander game and they did an excellent job game-play wise. I'm sure they learned from their mistakes and want to improve on everything.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:07:34 18/04/2015 by HeyitsHotDog
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#14 Posted: 14:47:09 18/04/2015
They are? Nooo! Not another line of bad characters! (I hated most of the characters for Swap Force, it was my least favorite game.)
#15 Posted: 14:53:47 18/04/2015
Quote: Swap Force Fan
They are? Nooo! Not another line of bad characters! (I hated most of the characters for Swap Force, it was my least favorite game.)

Yet your user name is Swap Force fan......
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#16 Posted: 15:02:35 18/04/2015
I made my account when it was first announced, I thought it was going to be like the best game ever. But, I was wrong when I actually played it...lol
#17 Posted: 16:14:24 18/04/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I beg to differ. TT does look very good but it feels less organic then SF and don't get the started on the lazy AWFUL lighting of Trap Team. SF's graphics felt more organic.

As for the story, I agree, it's not great but it'll likely be better since the guy is writing for the comics now and the stories in the comic are pretty well written.

I feel like your body shape argument is pretty poor, especially for the Swappers, They HAD to be that way to they look like they'd make sense when swapped. SSA and giants, with the exception of some characters most of them are either bipedal or quadrupeds, just like in SF.

I feel kike you're being way to harsh on VV, Granted they did some pretty stupid things, like the Dread Yacht and over all story. You have to remember, that was their first Skylander game and they did an excellent job game-play wise. I'm sure they learned from their mistakes and want to improve on everything.

I don't think I care about graphics looking organic or whatever, I care about the level aesthesics. And I prefer a strange unusual mix of marshes and crypts and shipwrecks over Generic Ice Level #3 or Generic Jungle Level #4.

Don't assume it's poor until you tried character design yourself. They DID NOT have to look the same to mix, and ESPECIALLY not the same silhouette. It's weird enough to give squid legs to your skunk so why shouldn't you spend 3 more hours working on that design to make their chests not be all upside-down triangles, their chins not blocky, legs and arms not stubby like they're wearing gauntlets and giant boots,and a permanent Dreamworks Face on every single one. I did a study on their shapes which I posted several times here and killed the topic every single time, so saying I don't know what I'm talking about is kinda assuming it(but it's in another PC and offtopic so I won't really post it here and now).

Quadrupeds(which are more drastic than regular body shape) could've worked if they made centaurs at the time, but with their size it'd probably wouldn't fit in the package like Chopper during Giants so it's forgiven. What's not forgiven is extreme laziness and copy-and-paste for gimmicklanders which are already more expensive and more worthy of quality.

I'm harsh on VV the same way I'm harsh on a dev team that suddenly wants a big fish after spending years over years working on things that get sold no matter how crappy they are. I'll give them a chance if they spent the time to improve,but I'm not counting on any less laziness than before.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:14:59 18/04/2015 by Bifrost
#18 Posted: 16:32:32 18/04/2015

I don't think I care about graphics looking organic or whatever, I care about the level aesthesics. And I prefer a strange unusual mix of marshes and crypts and shipwrecks over Generic Ice Level #3 or Generic Jungle Level #4.

Don't assume it's poor until you tried character design yourself. They DID NOT have to look the same to mix, and ESPECIALLY not the same silhouette. It's weird enough to give squid legs to your skunk so why shouldn't you spend 3 more hours working on that design to make their chests not be all upside-down triangles, their chins not blocky, legs and arms not stubby like they're wearing gauntlets and giant boots,and a permanent Dreamworks Face on every single one. I did a study on their shapes which I posted several times here and killed the topic every single time, so saying I don't know what I'm talking about is kinda assuming it(but it's in another PC and offtopic so I won't really post it here and now).

Quadrupeds(which are more drastic than regular body shape) could've worked if they made centaurs at the time, but with their size it'd probably wouldn't fit in the package like Chopper during Giants so it's forgiven. What's not forgiven is extreme laziness and copy-and-paste for gimmicklanders which are already more expensive and more worthy of quality.

Thanks for basically writing down my thoughts about character and level design.

I would like to add a few things.
Think about all the SWAP Force Core quadrupeds: Pop Thorn, Slobber Tooth, Scratch. That's it.
All the other ones were humanoids (with more or less variations).
ALL the Tech characters were robots.

Now think about Trap Team: Trail Blazer, Blades, Funny Bone, High Five, Echo (not going to Count Blackout and Spotlight since there weren't Light and Dark when SWAP Force came out) and not all the other characters are simple humanoids.
Think about Cobra Cadabra, Chopper, Food Fight, Rocky Roll, Tread Head or Fling Kong.
It's not a case that I mentioned both Tech Cores, since they aren't robot. smilie

I just feel like TfB has more balance in terms of characters diversity.
Still V.V. managed to get really creative even with the "humanoid" restriction... But I would have liked something more.
However I like to think about the SWAP Force as a team of superheroes like the Power Rangers so I can understand the fact that they all have some kind of dresses and similar design.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#19 Posted: 16:42:24 18/04/2015
I'm sure Vicarious Visions will fix the story and designs and this will be without a doubt the greatest Skylanders game.
---
#20 Posted: 16:47:27 18/04/2015
Quote: Drek95

Thanks for basically writing down my thoughts about character and level design.

I would like to add a few things.
Think about all the SWAP Force Core quadrupeds: Pop Thorn, Slobber Tooth, Scratch. That's it.
All the other ones were humanoids (with more or less variations).
ALL the Tech characters were robots.

Now think about Trap Team: Trail Blazer, Blades, Funny Bone, High Five, Echo (not going to Count Blackout and Spotlight since there weren't Light and Dark when SWAP Force came out) and not all the other characters are simple humanoids.
Think about Cobra Cadabra, Chopper, Food Fight, Rocky Roll, Tread Head or Fling Kong.
It's not a case that I mentioned both Tech Cores, since they aren't robot. smilie

I just feel like TfB has more balance in terms of characters diversity.
Still V.V. managed to get really creative even with the "humanoid" restriction... But I would have liked something more.
However I like to think about the SWAP Force as a team of superheroes like the Power Rangers so I can understand the fact that they all have some kind of dresses and similar design.

While I don't think the body shape thing is a bad thing, I agree TfB got more creative with designs.
---
#21 Posted: 16:54:45 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah I do have to agree on character designs, but I still enjoyed playing more of the characters in Swap Force than I did in Trap Team.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#22 Posted: 17:17:58 18/04/2015
Quote: Iganagor
Swap Force may be good in terms of quality. But the gameplay is crap, I hate how bosses were a whole seperate level. I shows me VV is lazy, considering they create long levels instead on more variety

That was the best part. I think everyone would like to fight the bosses very easily. Gameplay is awesome....and VV was not lazy...it was easily the best QUALITY effort. In terms of the heart, TfB has me.

I'd love a Villain Ladder to fight all the bosses in the game, without regen health. Now that would be a challenge Brock would love.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:18:50 18/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#23 Posted: 17:27:27 18/04/2015
Yeah I do have to agree on character designs, but I still enjoyed playing more of the characters in Swap Force than I did in Trap Team.

Agree. While both games introduced some favorites, the game play experience was more enjoyable in Swap Force. Ironically most of my favs from Trap Team are the cores. I honestly don't see why people don't think Swap Force introduced truly unique characters. Skylanders like Star Strike, Wind Up, Trap Shadow, Rubble Rouser, Smoulderdash, Grim Creeper and many others were truly unique.
#24 Posted: 17:43:49 18/04/2015
Quote: Tigorus

Agree. While both games introduced some favorites, the game play experience was more enjoyable in Swap Force. Ironically most of my favs from Trap Team are the cores. I honestly don't see why people don't think Swap Force introduced truly unique characters. Skylanders like Star Strike, Wind Up, Trap Shadow, Rubble Rouser, Smoulderdash, Grim Creeper and many others were truly unique.

How truly unique. Glowing eye robed character has been done to death, wind-up robot has been done to death,pretty sure there's an Avenger that's almost a carbon copy of Trap Shadow(or the other way around), rock guy who likes mining has been done to death IN THIS VERY FRANCHISE, Smolderdash is kinda unique I guess,Grim Creeper is Ghost Roaster as written and drawn by a little kid.(ok won't go for hyperboles, but seriously Grim Creeper for me is the poster boy for the copy and paste story/body shape which is weird since he's not even a Swap Force)
If you said Punk Shock,Smolderdash,Popthorn and Night Shift I'd say yes those look kinda unique, but even then Punk Shock and Smolderdash have literally the same torso and limb shapes if you remove colors and acessories and Night Shift has the same type as the other Swap Force, reducing Popthorn to the only one that seems to have been done with some love.

Which I won't lie,it's weird. The few scans from Art of Swap Force that surfaced had a really cool looking persian cat design for Scratch and had Doom Stone as a segmented gargoyle which are pretty varied and awesome,but now we get a Not-Sphinx and the same face and chest we looked at other 15 times. Wouldn't be surprised if many of them WERE unique looking at some point.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:45:56 18/04/2015 by Bifrost
#25 Posted: 17:48:58 18/04/2015

How truly unique. Glowing eye robed character has been done to death, wind-up robot has been done to death,pretty sure there's an Avenger that's almost a carbon copy of Trap Shadow(or the other way around), rock guy who likes mining has been done to death IN THIS VERY FRANCHISE, Smolderdash is kinda unique I guess,Grim Creeper is Ghost Roaster as written and drawn by a little kid.(ok won't go for hyperboles, but seriously Grim Creeper for me is the poster boy for the copy and paste story/body shape which is weird since he's not even a Swap Force)
If you said Punk Shock,Smolderdash,Popthorn and Night Shift I'd say yes those look kinda unique, but even then Punk Shock and Smolderdash have literally the same torso and limb shapes if you remove colors and acessories and Night Shift has the same type as the other Swap Force, reducing Popthorn to the only one that seems to have been done with some love.

Which I won't lie,it's weird. The few scans from Art of Swap Force that surfaced had a really cool looking persian cat design for Scratch and had Doom Stone as a segmented gargoyle which are pretty varied and awesome,but now we get a Not-Sphinx and the same face and chest we looked at other 15 times. Wouldn't be surprised if many of them WERE unique looking at some point.

Boy, you really don't like SF do you? Other than the game-play and mechanic, you seem to really disapprove of it.

A lot of the Skylanders in SF have awesome designs wither cliche or not they're great.
---
#26 Posted: 18:05:02 18/04/2015
I'll like it when it passes the silhouette test, or when it stops being so 'OMG I'M NEW LOOK I CHANGED EVERYTHING FROM THE SFX TO MAKING CHOMPIES LOOK LIKE RUBBER DUCKS'.

And I swear to god I told myself many times I'd watch a Let's Play or buy the game and change my mind because I was biased in the first months but I can't watch a single level without ragequitting the tab. It's been two years,and I still can't even bring myself to tolerate the game no matter how many chances I try to give it because the issues are there as soon as I compare character designs or the plot/characterization(gameplay is what makes me 'uuuh maybe this time I'll try to watch it and like it'). That's why I fear SKL5 not being good. Not because I want it to fail,but because I don't want to despise it as much as this game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:07:09 18/04/2015 by Bifrost
#27 Posted: 18:25:29 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I liked the Chompy's design better in Swap Force. They had lots of character to them and looked more organic. In all the other games they looked... plastic and bland.

Also, I guess you absolutely hate claymation and bright colored worlds, huh, since those are basically what Swap Force's worlds reminded me of.

And I'm fairly certain we weren't talking about the character designs of Swap Force, we were talking about the gameplay styles of each of them, but I guess you ignored that so you could make your little off topic rant.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#28 Posted: 18:53:55 18/04/2015
At least they aren't Beenox.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
#29 Posted: 18:56:03 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ShinkenRed
At least they aren't Beenox.

Honestly, I have to give Beenox some leeway, since this is the first time in like, a decade that they made a game that wasn't Spider-Man themed.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#30 Posted: 19:09:26 18/04/2015
I liked the Chompy's design better in Swap Force. They had lots of character to them and looked more organic. In all the other games they looked... plastic and bland.

Also, I guess you absolutely hate claymation and bright colored worlds, huh, since those are basically what Swap Force's worlds reminded me of.

And I'm fairly certain we weren't talking about the character designs of Swap Force, we were talking about the gameplay styles of each of them, but I guess you ignored that so you could make your little off topic rant.

Did someone say 'unique playstyle'? No,just 'unique'? Then I guess you can excuse me for not being able to read minds.
I like claymation, and I like bright color palettes. What I don't like is genericness and lazy designs. Chompies still look like rubber ducks in SF instead of their actual lore of being vicious monsters(mostly ineffective,but not outright harmless like those are, as the first game said beware the pearly whites).
But maybe the off topic is not just me. This should've been closed after the question was answered. It's TFB vs VV thread all over again. But if it wasn't and you want to keep the discussion, then I can keep on ranting if it's about VV,thank you very much.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:10:05 18/04/2015 by Bifrost
#31 Posted: 19:14:47 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator

Did someone say 'unique playstyle'? No,just 'unique'? Then I guess you can excuse me for not being able to read minds.
I like claymation, and I like bright color palettes. What I don't like is genericness and lazy designs. Chompies still look like rubber ducks in SF instead of their actual lore of being vicious monsters(mostly ineffective,but not outright harmless like those are, as the first game said beware the pearly whites).
But maybe the off topic is not just me. This should've been closed after the question was answered. It's TFB vs VV thread all over again. But if it wasn't and you want to keep the discussion, then I can keep on ranting if it's about VV,thank you very much.

Tigorus was specifically referring to my comment about how the designs aren't that great, but the gameplay of them is good. He wasn't referring specifically to the designs.

Also, if you wanted the thread closed, you should have just responded with a simple "Yes, they are working on it." instead of being a weirdo.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:15:45 18/04/2015 by Bionichute
#32 Posted: 19:29:11 18/04/2015
So I'm a weirdo for not liking VV and fearing that the next game will be bad, while I was just answering people that asked why after it. Noted. Before I start being weird again I'll stop sharing my opinions on this game,it only brings me anger anyway.
---
#33 Posted: 19:35:10 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
So I'm a weirdo for not liking VV and fearing that the next game will be bad, while I was just answering people that asked why after it. Noted. Before I start being weird again I'll stop sharing my opinions on this game,it only brings me anger anyway.

Why are you even talking about it if it actually makes you angry talking about it? That just seems like a dumb thing to do.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#34 Posted: 20:50:35 18/04/2015
I actually like the fact that they CHANGED or challenged TfB's vision on a couple of things. I guess the whole jump mechanic was very dumb...I actually liked VV's revisioning on the spell punks as well, and some of the villains were interesting. Of course, graphics wise TfB hasn't come close to it technically, although so far TfB's level designs has been top notch (for the most part). Each brings something unique to the franchise that I both like and would rather not see...but I guess with all things in life..."deal with it". And while the levels were long, they were actually LISTENING to the complaints about content--can't blame them for that. I think they know where and how to scale it now, and I'll gladly take some of that level away in exchange for engaging post story content.

I do think I won't be complaining about the game ending anytime soon, though. And I think technically they will bring their A game. Looking forward to seeing Karthik and Guha front and center.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:26 18/04/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#35 Posted: 21:12:34 18/04/2015

lol Why would it make you angry? We are discussing game characters and mechanics. I'm not trying to talk you into liking Swap Force (clearly that's impossible ;P ) but those characters I mentioned gave us gameplay mechanics we hadn't seen before.

Starstrike had a rebounding projectile that got more powerful with each bounce (up to three) as well as summoning a beam to control an area for a time.

Windup had a "wind up" attack system that needed to be charged to use for full effect and damage.

Trap Shadow had a stealth and a "wind up and pitch" trap mechanic that could be thrown like a projectile but continue a small area.

Rubble Rouser could burrow and damage an area and dig in a different area to escape as well as summon adds.

Smoulderdash could leave the game and come back in with a huge area of effect, a ranged attack that could be "attacked" and turned into an aoe and a speed boost for both movement and damage.

Grim Creeper could hold is own in melee but could leave his body in a controlled way while damaging anything in the way.

I wasn't referring to art style but game play. If you can point out similar abilities in SSA or Giants I'd love to know who had them. I don't remember any of these play styles in previous characters. The Trap Masters just feel like Giants all over again. A few provide something new like Gear Shift. Plus the Swap mechanic introduced new and interesting combos. Again not trying to change anyone's mind if they didn't like Swap Force but they did introduce new mechanics and game play (Jump, hello?) as well as something we hadn't seen in previous Skylanders.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:44:51 18/04/2015 by Tigorus
#36 Posted: 21:22:06 18/04/2015
I'll say it again, I was talking about design. I don't have any of those I won't judge gameplay.

And venting is different than getting mad at people not agreeing. Screw that, dicussing it makes me feel better. But if it's going to get people to nitpick or get things heated, I'll just shut up about it. If SKL5 ends up with no improvement I'll just move on to that anyway.
---
#37 Posted: 21:34:41 18/04/2015
I suggest you play the game and get a better idea of what it's like. Just because you don't like the design doesn't mean it's bad. I honestly cant believe you refuse to play it because it gets things "wrong" (No offence, but it sounds kinda immature.) Just ignore the story and dialogue and play the game..It's pretty great. The pace feels faster and for like an adventure.
---
#38 Posted: 21:56:42 18/04/2015
Being expensive as it is for me(dollars have been around 4x a brazilian real lately), no dice. Again, I WISH I could just get it on a pawn shop and prove myself wrong but since even loose it's as much as I'd spend on other,better games/figures(which are as expensive as the game here I don't joke), I really can only use Let's Plays,and my patience only goes so far. It's not really immature to dislike mistakes being piled on top of mistakes, I always had really short tolerance for that and it's also made me turn away from other games that people treat as sacred cows. And I'll leave it at that.
---
#39 Posted: 22:00:17 18/04/2015
Being expensive as it is for me(dollars have been around 4x a brazilian real lately), no dice. Again, I WISH I could just get it on a pawn shop and prove myself wrong but since even loose it's as much as I'd spend on other,better games/figures(which are as expensive as the game here I don't joke), I really can only use Let's Plays,and my patience only goes so far. It's not really immature to dislike mistakes being piled on top of mistakes, I always had really short tolerance for that and it's also made me turn away from other games that people treat as sacred cows. And I'll leave it at that.

I understand. If it's not your cup of tea then it's not.
---
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3544
#40 Posted: 22:27:37 18/04/2015
I would rather have longer, better designed levels and bosses than the really awful, easy bosses and really short levels in Trap Team.

And how is being quality a bad thing?

Quality is a good thing, but it seemed that is all they had focused on.

You must remember this is a kids game, they don't have time for really long levels.

EDIT: I hope they don't bring back all those horrible NPCs. I hated Rufus, Wheelburrow, Arvil, Gorm, Gorm's brother (was it Tuk or something?), Tessa (KABLAM!!!!) and basically everyone else. The only thing I really liked (regarding NPCs) in Swap Force were that they took Persephone...
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:34:35 18/04/2015 by Iganagor
#41 Posted: 23:09:35 18/04/2015

Could you please tell me where did you find those concept arts?
I've searched on the SWAP Force section of the forum but only found the armored frog Skylanders and a few other environment pictures.

I know they are really hard to find but I would be really curious to see Scratch and Doom Stone's early forms. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#42 Posted: 23:17:50 18/04/2015

I've searched on the SWAP Force section of the forum but only found the armored frog Skylanders and a few other environment pictures.

I know they are really hard to find but I would be really curious to see Scratch and Doom Stone's early forms. smilie

They were removed by request of the devs, since the scans of the pictures weren't supposed to be posted.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#43 Posted: 23:26:30 18/04/2015
Quote: Aura24

They were removed by request of the devs, since the scans of the pictures weren't supposed to be posted.

Oh... Thanks.

Well it's a pity.
I hope they will use the gargoyle design for someone else in the future (it's funny that I thought Scratch was going to be a Magic gargoyle when only her name, along with Dune Bug and Wind Up were revealed). smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#44 Posted: 00:26:40 19/04/2015
Doom Stone was the strange detached gargoyle,he was also a female stone gorgon at some point. Scratch used to be a persian cat with a really big fluffly chest using a staff,and over time she started getting bigger and regal-looking but then she suddenly became a sphinx they insist is still a cat. Matteomax or GameMaster could probably still describe from the book even if pictures can't be posted, there were others with similar strange design shifts.
---
#45 Posted: 00:35:41 19/04/2015
Did she still had some claws in her early form?
If not I guess her name was also different.

They probably didn't want Doom Stone to look too female.

There are so many creatures that would make perfect Skylanders.
Ever heard of the nuckelavee?

It's a creepy centaur like creature with long arms and the head of a horse attacched to the chest.
Would make a perfect Undead character in my opinion. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#46 Posted: 00:54:52 19/04/2015
I will be fine with Vicarious Visions coming back, on a few conditions.
1. Don't have SO much stuff going on in the story. For Example, they had the elementals and the
evil crystal thing in Swap Force. Focus on one thing!
2. More CPU character development. Flynn and Cali have enough of it. BUT RUFUS AND TESSA! First of all, Tessa had a bird and she was a fan of the Skylanders. NOTHING ELSE! AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ABOUT RUFUS!
3. A Burrito Skylander. A Walking and Talking Burrito Skylander.
Vicarious Visions I hope you are listening!
---
****ing hell its been a long time
GadtheGreat Blue Sparx Gems: 660
#47 Posted: 07:19:12 19/04/2015
Swap Force was my most played one out of this awesome game series, with so much stuff to do and so much change, with the new side characters and graphics. Trap Team has much better graphics quality wise in my opinion, and the characters are all very unique and new. The moves and attacks are all very new and different. The story line is great with a great difference with Kaos joining. . . *SPOILERS* . . . so it is a great change. I also like the shorter levels but there need to be lots more, maybe 20! Change in scenery and objectives is very nice. Oh and the boss battle is much harder than the SF one which is great and not to be a negative person but the Kaos boss battle in SF felt like the Giants boss battle, it was too easy, you hardly 'fought' Kaos any way. The Kaos' Mom, boss battle was much better, harder, but a bit repetitive, the new interactivity is great and welcomed like the Talking Portal in TT and the Hiding in the Portal in SF.
We need to be positive though, and Vicarious Visions, you guys will do an amazing job, I am sticking with Skylanders, stay positive guys, don't be mean to either Toys for Bob or VV or both! They made this game changing game! They made Toys to Life genre and the Life to Toys genre too. They are making the most innovative games ever! Thank them instead of telling them what to do and what they are doing wrong.
Skylanders is an awesome game and I am with it too the end! smilie smilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#48 Posted: 10:06:19 19/04/2015
Swop Force was a different experience but in no way better or worse then the SSA or Giants . I collect the 3DS skylander games at the same time as the console so for me TFB and VV have always been lumped together . Its nice to see ol Kaos again but I also enjoy a different villain and experience from the 3DS .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#49 Posted: 14:35:36 19/04/2015
Well, I'm starting to think Skylanders 5 is a myth. 19th of April and still word on an announcement.

I'm wondering if they're even going to do an announcement this year or save it for E3, which to me shows signs that it could be hurting? I just don't see what the hold up is.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#50 Posted: 14:40:04 19/04/2015
I'm sure we' get one soon enough. What do you mean by hurting?
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me