Page 1 of 1
Custom Trap case
cisco2111 Blue Sparx Gems: 747
#1 Posted: 22:29:01 12/04/2015 | Topic Creator
My boys keep complaining that they don't have enough room for their traps. So i built them this:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I still need to put some detail work in this. Hope they like it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:29:29 12/04/2015 by cisco2111
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2 Posted: 22:43:21 12/04/2015
If they don't, feel free to bring it over to my house smilie
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#3 Posted: 23:54:25 12/04/2015
That looks great, you should go and tell Tfb or VV to release it
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#4 Posted: 01:20:24 13/04/2015
@cisco2111: That is one awesome custom Trap case. I noticed that you have 7 Earth Traps and one of them is an Easter Bunny variant. Ever thought about getting the 3 Legendary Traps (Water Jughead, Undead Orb, and Undead Skull) and the Ultimate Kaos Trap?
#5 Posted: 01:37:56 13/04/2015
Quote: Skylander3112
That looks great, you should go and tell Tfb or VV to release it

Missed opportunity. If they can come out with a limited edition starter for the elites/collectors then they could've done the same on the trap case.
#6 Posted: 04:01:48 13/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I collect for my boys. The legendary traps are nothing special. They are just painted? The Easter trap was a gift from their grandparents.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#7 Posted: 15:33:31 13/04/2015
Looks good.

I thought about doing my own like that, but when I got the game and it came with the board that already has the names on it, it just seemed easier. If I felt they were going to keep going with the traps (or if they do), I'll reconsider doing something like this.

Btw looks like good craftsmanship, even sanded the edges haha, I'd just tell my boy to be careful hehehe
- Unreall
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#8 Posted: 16:14:14 13/04/2015
Quote: cisco2111
I collect for my boys. The legendary traps are nothing special. They are just painted? The Easter trap was a gift from their grandparents.

Actually, while the Legendary traps do have alternate paintjobs, they do show up as different, separate traps in the collection screen, just like the Ultimate Kaos trap. If you're going for an absolute complete set of everything, the Legendary traps are mandatory.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#9 Posted: 16:42:51 13/04/2015
^He beat me to it...lol. Yes they are just painted like the Easter Bunny Trap, but like darkchylde said they are needed for those that want 100% collection in the game.

Nice looking Trap Case by the way....can print an glue this to the inside of the lid if you like... smilie
[User Posted Image]

Be glad when i can build MY Trap Display Box. Once i can aford to of course. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:13:50 17/04/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#10 Posted: 17:20:47 13/04/2015
The total count for individual traps in-game is 59

But the actual total number may be higher depending on if you consider the variant villain traps to be different/separate from their normal counterparts. Plus there's the Easter trap.

If I had the skill, my ideal case would hold the 59 in-game traps, plus the 6 variant villain traps and the Easter trap for a total of 66 separate traps.

This case is still awesome though.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:27:23 13/04/2015 by Dahvoo
#11 Posted: 17:54:56 13/04/2015
Don't drink the water.
Don't worry about 100%, save your money...don't get the Legendary traps. At least the souped up Kaos trap affects how long you can use him...
- Unreall
#12 Posted: 19:51:28 13/04/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
Don't drink the water.
Don't worry about 100%, save your money...don't get the Legendary traps. At least the souped up Kaos trap affects how long you can use him...
- Unreall

Since when? Everyone I've ever seen talk about the Ultimate Kaos trap has pointed out that through their own testing it doesn't actually have any different performance in-game than the standard one. It shows up as a separate item in the collection screen, is slightly larger than the standard Kaos trap and has a different paint job. That's it. Unless you can site some new, vaguely official source on this, I'm going to have to disagree and put the Ultimate Kaos trap in the same boat as the Legendary traps--necessary for 100% collection completion in the collection screen, but unnecessary for play or 100% game completion.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#13 Posted: 21:12:56 13/04/2015
the home made case looks good smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#14 Posted: 00:49:04 17/04/2015
I've been doing a lot of thinking about which Traps I like to keep while sell away the ones I don't want anymore as soon as the fifth game comes out. I mostly prefer Magic, Air, Water, Life, Undead, and Dark Traps. So basically, I'd be giving away the Tech, Earth, Fire, and Light Traps. But we don't even for sure if the Traps will be used against in Skylanders 5.
#15 Posted: 12:36:54 17/04/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
I've been doing a lot of thinking about which Traps I like to keep while sell away the ones I don't want anymore as soon as the fifth game comes out. I mostly prefer Magic, Air, Water, Life, Undead, and Dark Traps. So basically, I'd be giving away the Tech, Earth, Fire, and Light Traps. But we don't even for sure if the Traps will be used against in Skylanders 5.

Don't resell them. There is no point, you won't get much for them.
- Unreall
#16 Posted: 16:35:39 17/04/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
Quote: TheShadowDragon

Don't resell them. There is no point, you won't get much for them.
- Unreall

Unreall is right, keep them...for the moment. If you no longer want them and want the best return on your investment, wait until around/after Christmas of this year when traps will likely have disappeared from store shelves and the wave of kids brought in by the new installment end up picking up the previous game and wanting/needing all of the old Trap Team stock that's no longer plentiful. Not to sound scalper-esque, but it's better to get $2-3 each in a few months than $0.50 or less each now.

-Doug
---
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#17 Posted: 18:01:35 17/04/2015
Nice piece, I like the flush fit lid. Do the traps fit snug? Looking forward to seeing this finished!
trail blazer Green Sparx Gems: 167
#18 Posted: 21:45:21 17/04/2015
Hopefully my pics post. (first try)
I just wanted to say thank you for the inspiration of making your own trap box and thanks for the photo to put on the inside of the box!!
I just got my custom trap box completed last night! Couldn't wait to show you guys!

[User Posted Image]http://s28.postimg.org/cssjrbfu5/closed_box.jpg[/img]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
#19 Posted: 03:28:45 18/04/2015
Quote: trail blazer
Hopefully my pics post. (first try)
I just wanted to say thank you for the inspiration of making your own trap box and thanks for the photo to put on the inside of the box!!
I just got my custom trap box completed last night! Couldn't wait to show you guys!

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Glad to post it for everyone to use(altho i would have made it a bit larger then that smilie )...since the finished Trap Box they shipped dosen't have that pic in it, someone here asked for it so i did it for them, since many of the box's they where getting from TRU there inside box lid was looking like this...
[User Posted Image]

Also your box looks great....well done. smilie ..... smilie Be so glad when i can finally make mine. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:32:05 18/04/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
#20 Posted: 03:30:07 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Awsomesauce!!! How heavy is it? I see the old case next to it and it looks double in size. I still have some finishing work left on mine. I am going with a very dark stain to match the entertainment center.

Hope to see more custom case on here.
#21 Posted: 13:21:51 18/04/2015
It doesn't weigh more than 6 or 7 lbs. It turned out a little bigger than I woud have liked as it is 21 1/2" x 26", however, I couldn't stand the fact that in the normal box if you put traps side by side some of them would hit each other! I also wanted it deep enough and enough room to put the painyatta trap in there and not have him touch anything
#22 Posted: 15:00:02 18/04/2015 | Topic Creator
What size drill bit did you use? I use a 5\8. They fit alittle loose but still fits nice. I have the same complaint about the mass produced case. I put some more space between the traps too.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#23 Posted: 18:41:27 18/04/2015
Quote: trail blazer
It doesn't weigh more than 6 or 7 lbs. It turned out a little bigger than I woud have liked as it is 21 1/2" x 26", however, I couldn't stand the fact that in the normal box if you put traps side by side some of them would hit each other! I also wanted it deep enough and enough room to put the painyatta trap in there and not have him touch anything

What was the painyatta trap custom made from? smilie looks very cool!!!
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#24 Posted: 19:24:48 18/04/2015
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

My "Low Budget" trap box I made out of cardboard and tape. I love constructing things out of these materials. Has tabs on the lid to seal it by putting them in the thin holes of the front. The traps are NOT going to be put in those holes inside of it. If I get and unbox the starter pack, the tray will fit inside the box, over the cardboard grid. The grid is there to keep a light in place to give the traps a nice light effect.

Actually, I just realized that the the box won't close right with traps in it, so panic? I think what I could tweak is shortening the grid and use light from my iPod Touch with a white screen instead.

This box is still a work in progress. Need to make designs on paper to really liven it up. Then with the tray and the light, I'll be done.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:25:48 18/04/2015 by LameLime
#25 Posted: 20:58:45 18/04/2015
trailblazer, that is one awesome trap box. Where do I preorder? smilie
#26 Posted: 23:28:09 18/04/2015
Thank you very much TakeYourLemons. I also used a 5/8 drill bit, not sure if 1/2 would have worked out better or not. I got the Painyatta trap off of ebay, I am guessing he used plaster to mold it but not sure. It is a really cool looking trap in the portal though! Unfortunately it wouldn't fit in the stock trap box, which was another motivator to build my own. He has another trap of cuckoo clocker on ebay now for 100 or best offer, If I had more money I would buy it, he does really good work. He has made quite a few different villians on the traps. In my opinion they all look pretty sweet!
#27 Posted: 23:34:50 18/04/2015
Phoenix_lord, I wanted it bigger too!! But 8 1/2 x 11 is as big as I could go on my printer and not have it distort, and obviously there are margins on the paper which shrunk it down a little more than that! If I could make it 18 x 21 on a single piece that wouldn't distort the image, that would look to sweet!! Just don't have the capability! Not that I am complaining about the free pic!!
#28 Posted: 00:21:39 19/04/2015
Sorry about that...i have never tried to print it up....looks like im going to have to fix it. smilie
And yes i am planning on spacing them apart do to them rubbing in the Starter Trap Holder. Also it is going to have to be large do to all us "Gota have them all" Portal Masters...LOL smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me