Page 1 of 1
PS3 Platinum for SSA? [CLOSED]
captainzombie Green Sparx Gems: 459
#1 Posted: 16:12:11 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I am struggling to get my last 2 trophies to get the platinum on the PS3 for SSA. The two trophies have to do with not dying at all with one characters vs. Kaos at the end and other other one has to do with not being hit by any of the lazers vs. Kaos in an earlier battle.

I've viewed some youtube videos and have also used all maxed out Legendary Spyro, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy. It can get frustrating and I am kind of ready to give up and this is coming from someone that has 49 Platinums over PS3/PS4/Vita.

How many have the platinum and any suggestions?
calamadia Green Sparx Gems: 174
#2 Posted: 04:17:20 04/04/2015
I'm still missing the platinum, but I did use Terrafin on the lasers because he is invulnerable while underground, so I only emerged in safe spots, took a couple tries and I got it. Can't for the life of me get the Kaos one. It's been described either next to impossible or extremely easy, I'm finding it impossible. Good luck, and keep trying. I'm certainly going to.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 05:04:34 04/04/2015
hehe. I'm replaying the game again, and I'm missing the lasers and Kaos battle / one skylander. Wasn't trying and almost made it with Whirlwind. I think it really matters who you're using (doh). Not sure who is best for the job.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 07:46:45 04/04/2015
I have the platinum . I think the not dying trophy was had by using healing potions Possibly lots of magic items and 2 players . 2 extra pairs of hands helps to micro manage of course there is the pause button and 2 skylanders whoop Kaos faster .

Avoiding lazers was just practice i think ?
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 08:02:38 04/04/2015
I have the Platinum Trophy and I believe I used Stealth Elf on Pook Blade Saint.
---
calamadia Green Sparx Gems: 174
#6 Posted: 17:34:01 04/04/2015
My problem is of course when the last? Set of minions come down, the ones that have chop chop with them. I always take damage, even when using range like gill grunt. I got the closest with him, but always get trashed before I can even use the potion. Also, unfortunately, due to the "difficulty" my husband refuses to be my co-op partner on this, ever again.
captainzombie Green Sparx Gems: 459
#7 Posted: 01:43:58 05/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I was finally able to beat Kaos last night with Gill Grunt, it took some work but what a great accomplishment. Hopefully this video helps as I've seen people beat him with Trigger Happy and Legendary Spyro, which I tried both but couldn't beat him.

All I have left now for the Platinum is "Tag Me If You Can" and "Star Chaser". "Tag Me" is avoiding those stupid lasers so today I picked up Terrafin from Gamestop with their B2G2 used figures sale and I think "Star Chaser" should be very easy to attain.

Going back to SSA has been a real blast and shows a few things that both SF and TT are missing in level design. Hoping that Sky5 goes back to some of the basics that made SSA so great.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me