Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Rocky Egg Roll level 5 quest bugged? [CLOSED]
Bolthar Green Sparx Gems: 417
#1 Posted: 05:11:59 01/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Spoilers
The second part is to clear invaders and shows trolls. I had 4 troll camps,. Cleared one with him and I got no credit. Closed out of the app and reopened it and cleared another again no credit. Is this my April fools?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:44:59 01/04/2015 by TTD
Kiwipackabacka Blue Sparx Gems: 502
#2 Posted: 05:30:52 01/04/2015
There are a few bugs, Blackout and Spotlights avatar under the tasks were Fist Bump and Deja Vu, Bat Spins clearing troll tasks completed when others cleared the trolls and there was one other I can't recall right now.
I have not started clearing trolls with Rocky Egg Roll as I am still clearing with Eggsellent Weeruptor. I hope they fix it before I get to clear them.
ABennett Blue Sparx Gems: 865
#3 Posted: 07:37:15 01/04/2015
Given how long the other half of that mission is going to take, they've got plenty of time to fix it!
karo122 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#4 Posted: 07:49:59 01/04/2015
Latest update has a lot more bugs. Especially with the localisation again. My LI now runs in 3 different languages at the same time. I have no problem with english and my mother tongue but i guess the 3rd one is polish or czech or something similar.
Maybe it is a way to force players to learn more languages? :-)
Thx 4 that *g*
#5 Posted: 08:29:13 01/04/2015
Just tested it, definitely bugged for me too. And the game doesn't "snap" to any character when you go to clear one, so I don't think using a different Skylander to clear would work either. That said, I have tried the last 16 added Skylanders and no luck with any of them counting.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#6 Posted: 19:02:08 01/04/2015
Another glitch with the new update is that the monthly quest says to "Go on Adventures", but it only counts when you collect the gold from the adventure, not send your Skylander on it.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
JetVac96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1973
#7 Posted: 16:33:54 02/04/2015
Anyone finish the second part yet? I think the rockets are guaranteed to drop, so that part should be easy
---
"Sucks to be you!" - Jet Vac
Coachjohn2049 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1376
#8 Posted: 16:51:24 02/04/2015
Yes, reward was 50 gems. part 3 is use skylanders in sanctuaries 25 times. Reward is showing as Easter basket, not sure about gems. I'm also not sure if each sky land counts if you use 3 in a sanctuary, I'm not able to collect until later.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:52:01 02/04/2015 by Coachjohn2049
HappyGamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#9 Posted: 16:53:19 02/04/2015
Quote: Coachjohn2049
Yes, reward was 50 gems. part 3 is use skylanders in sanctuaries 25 times. Reward is showing as Easter basket, not sure about gems. I'm also not sure if each sky land counts if you use 3 in a sanctuary, I'm not able to collect until later.

Probably only counts as a single collection, even if you use multiple skylanders at one time in the same sanctuary/sanctum. That's how it's been for all such quests so far.
Kfool Blue Sparx Gems: 737
#10 Posted: 17:01:58 02/04/2015
I have a quest for Power Punch Pet Vac to clear chompy mounds, cleared one initially so I show 1/10 completed. Have cleared at least 3 since then using PP Pet Vac and none have registered on the counter
---
I only pretend to know what I'm doing.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#11 Posted: 17:54:02 02/04/2015
The quest for PP Pet Vac is to clear chompy *mounds* not pods - this means you have to let the compies run around and burrow into the group first, to the create the mounds. You don't pick a character to clear them, so he can be off doing other things.
Kfool Blue Sparx Gems: 737
#12 Posted: 18:05:45 02/04/2015
See what I get for sloppy attention to detail? Have to read more closely.
---
I only pretend to know what I'm doing.
BUGMom05 Blue Sparx Gems: 729
#13 Posted: 19:03:26 02/04/2015
never did get Rocky Egg Rol's quest to happen--spent 5 gems to "skip" and didn't think any more about it
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#14 Posted: 19:07:43 02/04/2015
Quote: BUGMom05
never did get Rocky Egg Rol's quest to happen--spent 5 gems to "skip" and didn't think any more about it

I did the same thing with the two light/dark trapmasters - long before the sanctuaries were made available.
TECHNOGORILLA Green Sparx Gems: 264
#15 Posted: 19:42:22 02/04/2015
Just putting my 2ยข in... no luck with the 2nd part of Rocky Egg Roll's quest here either. Just doesn't register at all.
#16 Posted: 20:33:29 02/04/2015
Quote: JetVac96
Anyone finish the second part yet? I think the rockets are guaranteed to drop, so that part should be easy

50 gems reward for part 2, then the final reward for part 3 is an Egg Basket, 50 Gems and 50 Wishstones.

Certainly the easiest monthly set of quests so far, all over within 48 hours for me.
azhartthisguy Green Sparx Gems: 198
#17 Posted: 00:57:34 03/04/2015
So this may sound like a stupid question but is Rocky Egg Roll the alternate character in the wishing well for this month?

The reason I ask is I have no new character in my wishing well with this new month started. I see he's only available this month and like all the other wishing well alternates you can buy them for 1500 gems as well, but I have no new skylander in the wishing well.
#18 Posted: 01:04:53 03/04/2015
Quote: azhartthisguy
So this may sound like a stupid question but is Rocky Egg Roll the alternate character in the wishing well for this month?

Yes, he should have appeared in the Wishing Well on April 1.
azhartthisguy Green Sparx Gems: 198
#19 Posted: 01:07:39 03/04/2015
Quote: ABennett

Yes, he should have appeared in the Wishing Well on April 1.

Yeah I figured...so yeah my game is glitched
Jinxieman Blue Sparx Gems: 579
#20 Posted: 01:27:29 03/04/2015

The reason I ask is I have no new character in my wishing well with this new month started. I see he's only available this month and like all the other wishing well alternates you can buy them for 1500 gems as well, but I have no new skylander in the wishing well.

I have the same issue. I time traveled a few days before the 1st to see if the new one was there yet. He wasn't but Buttered Popthorn happily appeared. I traveled back to real time and got BPth but when the first came around the clock reset but the new alter ego didn't appear. I figured it had something to do with time traveling but I've never had that issue before.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:28:56 03/04/2015 by Jinxieman
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#21 Posted: 02:08:58 03/04/2015
Has anyone taken a good picture of him yet?....i know someone said just picture Rocky on an easter egg. But i would like to see what he looks like...since i can't paly the game(can't aford a tablet and don't have a smart phone)and im a fan of the In-Game Variants. Was thinking about buy'in a extra and redoing him to look like Rocky Egg Roll. I'm working on the Buttered Pop Thorn...and was going to make a Autumn Stump Smash once i could aford the parts to make his canopy. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Zeke_D Blue Sparx Gems: 822
#22 Posted: 14:08:54 03/04/2015
Here he is:[User Posted Image]
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#23 Posted: 15:17:28 03/04/2015
Quote: Jinxieman

I have the same issue. I time traveled a few days before the 1st to see if the new one was there yet. He wasn't but Buttered Popthorn happily appeared. I traveled back to real time and got BPth but when the first came around the clock reset but the new alter ego didn't appear. I figured it had something to do with time traveling but I've never had that issue before.

Time traveling messed up your wishing well. It's designed that way, so it's not a glitch. Initially, you could jump ahead to a previous month without a problem, but people realized that when you jumped ahead that it put a random gem item in the well. You could keep going back and forth in time and it would change what was in the well. A lot of times it was companions, even lairs/huts/houses, etc. You could just keep doing that and win whatever companion/house/hut/etc. you wanted without spending gems. They caught onto it and made it lock so that whenever you jump ahead into a new month and made the well reset with a new item, that item would be your prize for the month. So if you jumped ahead before they programmed in a new alter ego, you wouldn't get the new alter ego in your well. That's why it's never good to jump ahead into a new month. They typically program it into the update right before the 1st of the month (so it would have been in this week's update). Some people have taken the chance on that and has been successful so far. But I never chance it just in case they didn't get it programmed in, for some reason.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#24 Posted: 15:53:03 03/04/2015
Quote: Kiwipackabacka
There are a few bugs, Blackout and Spotlights avatar under the tasks were Fist Bump and Deja Vu, Bat Spins clearing troll tasks completed when others cleared the trolls and there was one other I can't recall right now.
I have not started clearing trolls with Rocky Egg Roll as I am still clearing with Eggsellent Weeruptor. I hope they fix it before I get to clear them.

You actually have tasks for Blackout and Spotlight? I couldn't get them to pop up with anything. Also, it doesn't seem like Shortcut has a 2nd quest. Is that correct?
#25 Posted: 17:45:36 03/04/2015
Careful, the next Rocky Egg Roll quest is to gather eggs from adventures. And Orville has us getting crates from adventures. LI seems to want us to have eggs first. I haven't gotten a single crates since the eggs started.

at least it is only 20 eggs--but with a less than stellar drop rate (I'm getting 2 or 3 if using the 22-min adventure) it will take awhile

granted--I still have plenty of time, it's just annoying
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#26 Posted: 18:31:03 03/04/2015
Quote: Zeke_D
Here he is:[User Posted Image]

Thanks Zeke... smilie LOL he's Burple...LOL smilie If i do make one ...looks like im going to have take him off his boulder and make one egg shaped. What is that he is holding in his hand?
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#27 Posted: 19:26:36 03/04/2015
A paintbrush,and the artwork shows a bucket of yellow paint in his other hand. For some reason the skylanders with handhelds only get one or none of the things they're holding in their artwork.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Kiwipackabacka Blue Sparx Gems: 502
#28 Posted: 19:50:40 03/04/2015
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: Kiwipackabacka

You actually have tasks for Blackout and Spotlight? I couldn't get them to pop up with anything. Also, it doesn't seem like Shortcut has a 2nd quest. Is that correct?

Yes, I had tasks, I can't remember them now but there was only 1 or 2 parts to it.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#29 Posted: 18:02:17 06/04/2015
Thats gonna have to rot in my quest folder . Blackout was giving trouble too with Harvest lunara which they ignored but if you grew Mosstach they seemed to like it .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
SpinCycle2 Green Sparx Gems: 444
#30 Posted: 18:26:08 07/04/2015
looks like they patched it and its fixed now.. .but new bug.. Jet Vac and food fight back to level 1
#31 Posted: 23:14:22 07/04/2015
Jet Vac is MOOGA Glitch City on my end . Oh yes they added in Turbo Jet Vac also not working well .
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:13 07/04/2015 by Dark fhoenix
#32 Posted: 07:00:22 08/04/2015
Working fine for me now too. Just need another 13 Thick Weeds and I'm set!
Woz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1343
#33 Posted: 13:28:35 10/04/2015
TWENTY thick weeds!! Are they serious? I left my islands unattended for a year and not a single bloody weed showed up. After 48 hours, still no weeds. This could take a looooNG TIME.
arkhamhorrorfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1581
#34 Posted: 17:45:21 10/04/2015
Funny how these things work. I'm still starved for Traptanium - typically get one every 2 days. But thick weeds? No problem! Even though I clear weeds/trees/etc instantly (as opposed to having stock piled them for a while before the quest), it only took me a few days to clear this task.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#35 Posted: 04:11:23 11/04/2015
Have 18/20 weeds so just two to go. Either way, I imagine the skipping cost will be 5 gems if its just one step or both step but am going to be stubborn until I have all 20.
lamoracke Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#36 Posted: 00:33:26 13/04/2015
Can gladly report that the quests now work, for those who have not skipped it already. I had 2 sheep and 1 troll count on my goal of 5 today.
#37 Posted: 09:27:11 13/04/2015
Sweet Mon . I noticed the Punch Pet Vac quest seems to accept my chompy pod attacking .
---
Unhappy Gamer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1451
#38 Posted: 01:43:35 14/04/2015
sadly dark wildfire and dark food fight are still homeless in my lands smilie
---
If you have my other acct on your friends list feel free to remove. smilie
Corrupted acct name: CantPlay GameCrashed smilie
New acct name: Unhappy Gamer smilie
#39 Posted: 21:04:20 08/05/2015
Quote: obidawsn
Quote: Jinxieman

Time traveling messed up your wishing well. It's designed that way, so it's not a glitch. Initially, you could jump ahead to a previous month without a problem, but people realized that when you jumped ahead that it put a random gem item in the well. You could keep going back and forth in time and it would change what was in the well. A lot of times it was companions, even lairs/huts/houses, etc. You could just keep doing that and win whatever companion/house/hut/etc. you wanted without spending gems. They caught onto it and made it lock so that whenever you jump ahead into a new month and made the well reset with a new item, that item would be your prize for the month. So if you jumped ahead before they programmed in a new alter ego, you wouldn't get the new alter ego in your well. That's why it's never good to jump ahead into a new month. They typically program it into the update right before the 1st of the month (so it would have been in this week's update). Some people have taken the chance on that and has been successful so far. But I never chance it just in case they didn't get it programmed in, for some reason.

I'm going to post there here since it's a relevant thread but also to "bury" it because it's where I admit to flubbing with ethics.

My husband no longer plays LI, and with the kids now having a completely offline lower level version (and several skylanders to play) the "main" game is left for me to take care of alone. I play a couple times a week but was getting bored, and only want the "missing" alter Egos.

The biggest "problem" with us missing these AEs is that they are the VERY First ones we WON when we first started playing (Cupid FS and L Boomer) When our game crapped out after 6months of play and we had to start over, we lost them, and others, but we started over, and won the other 4 lost ones in WWWeekends. It sticks in my craw that THESE are the ones we don't have.

Like, in an unhealthy way! smilie Like I said: it led to me "flubbing"

SOOO
Near the middle of April, after reading this thread, and a wishing well weekend where 3000 stones didn't get me either of the last 2 alts I was looking for, I did this, on purpose.

I went offline, TT'd to May 1, and got Lucky Boomer in my well. Came back to the present, and spent 150 stones to finally snag him. Went back online, had one of my missing alts and everything was fine, except I'd just screwed my chances at the May Alter Ego. But with the info from this post I was thinking I would just wait until actual May happened, and purchase the May AE with 1500 gems.
With very little else going on in-game, it seemed a good purchase, and we certainly had the gem income to cover it. But I wasn't willing to jump any farther for the last AE. it just seemed like I would be inviting trouble

And then May 1st comes along, with a big update, and lo and behold, I had Gourmet Gusto waiting for a wish!

So I tried my little trick again. GGusto in the well.
One more month: GGusto in the well.

It seems the developers have sealed this little problem.

AND I STILL need Cupid Flameslinger!! (FYI: he's the FIRST one I ever won! I legitimately should have him. I even already have his house)

Breathe, BugMom, breathe....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:08:13 08/05/2015 by BUGMom05
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me