Page 1 of 1
Best and Worst of W4?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#1 Posted: 15:10:56 22/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Title says it all! Who's our favorite and least favorite?

Best: High Five.

I have not had this much fun with a Skylander since Riptide. His dash is very fun and unique. His slam is similar to Scratch, but original enough that it stands out. Great voice, adorable animations (His jump flutter) and design. Great over all 10/10

Worst: Spotlight

She feels like a mix between Prism Break and Flashwing. Honestly, she sucks. If she gets hit while doings her laser halo connection, it breaks. That's a big problem. The beams also spin around at decent speed and do high damage with you choose they beam path, but hits once and you have to wait for it to come around again to hit again. Over all not a good character for nightmare mode her halo beams would take a long time to defeat enemies.

Like I said, she feels too much like Prism Break and Flashwing mixed together.

3/10
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#2 Posted: 15:28:23 22/03/2015
Best... High Five

Worst... Limited releases of certain figures
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 15:41:27 22/03/2015
^Talk specifics.

Haven't played with W4 yet, but I love Echo's attitude and her attacks. I agree that Spotlight doesn't look very good. Bat Spin is up there in the like.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#4 Posted: 15:52:17 22/03/2015
I only have smilie smilie and smilie for Wave 4 and so far my favorite is EASILY Rocky Roll, while my least favorite of the bunch is HF, He's not bad, but he feels kinda average to me.

EDIT: I really need to elaborate on why I love Rocky Roll SOOO damn much. (I am on the Geological Grandmaster path). He is extremely fun, strong, and balanced. His damage with the spitballs are pretty good for projectiles, ones that can ricochet nonetheless, and his roll gives him good mobility. His Boulder Barrier, where do I even begin? You can do so much with these, You can have them as a shield, you can dash with them and ram them into enemies, they power up the charged shot on the Geological Grandmaster path, etc. The Bouncy Attack mode is really fun and it's damage goes +5 for each boulder in the barrier that he eats so you can either max out with that and get the damage like that, or you could only swallow a few of them to have them active. He has so many options and his design and concept are extremely original. Best earth Skylander to date by far.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:07:11 23/03/2015 by ExcitonKnight
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5289
#5 Posted: 16:11:03 22/03/2015
Best: Blackout. He has long ranged attacks and he is extremely powerful 10/10

Worse: Thunderbolt. He is very slow and in my opinion a reposed lightning rod 2/10
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:36:28 22/03/2015 by skylandsfan
#6 Posted: 16:15:36 22/03/2015
It is becoming difficult to be unique in a sea of skylanders based on the same element. Some elements (like air) is more difficult than others.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#7 Posted: 16:23:34 22/03/2015
Best - Echo. She is not only the cutest female Skylander, but also has the strongest attack in her second upgrade path.

Worst - Bat Spin. She has such a lame name and her attacks are pretty weak.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:43:49 22/03/2015 by TheShadowDragon
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 16:25:37 22/03/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Best - Echo. She is not only the cutest female Skylander, but also has the strongest attack in her second upgrade path.

Worst - Déjà Vu. Despite having a cool name and outfit, her attacks are pretty weak and lame.

But Déjà Vu isn't Wave 4... Do you mean Bat Spin?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:26:10 22/03/2015 by Drek95
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 16:31:11 22/03/2015
i only have blackout, and he's okay.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#10 Posted: 16:35:16 22/03/2015
Best:Short Cut. When I first started trampling enemies with scissors, I couldn't stop laughing. 10/10

Middle:High Five and Blackout. I hate recoil, and I...dislike extreme overpoweredness. 7/10 each.

Worst:Thunderbolt. Most dissapointing Trap Master tbh. Too slow. Just too damn SLOW. 4/10
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#11 Posted: 16:42:53 22/03/2015
So i'm assuming people would recommend short cut and high five? I'm deciding who to get today.
#12 Posted: 16:48:28 22/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
So i'm assuming people would recommend short cut and high five? I'm deciding who to get today.

Yeah, get High Five at least. He's awesome.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#13 Posted: 16:49:47 22/03/2015
Good, i was wondering who is good or not. Him and short cut seem like the best of this wave.

How are bat spin and rocky roll?
#14 Posted: 16:56:48 22/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Good, i was wondering who is good or not. Him and short cut seem like the best of this wave.

How are bat spin and rocky roll?

Batspin is pretty good and Rocky Roll is awesome. Echo is great too. The only real bad one is Spotlight. Real swing and a miss.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#15 Posted: 17:03:02 22/03/2015
@Drek95: I must have misunderstood the title of this topic.
#16 Posted: 17:08:06 22/03/2015
Here's what i can say about blackout-

He's somewhat slow. His wing attacks are good, but overall he's...slow. the black holes are also VERY HARD to use, and you can't really use the soul gem easily. But he's a pretty good medium-long range guy. And the roll attack is awesome.
#17 Posted: 17:13:16 22/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Here's what i can say about blackout-

He's somewhat slow. His wing attacks are good, but overall he's...slow. the black holes are also VERY HARD to use, and you can't really use the soul gem easily. But he's a pretty good medium-long range guy. And the roll attack is awesome.

I think the reason people love him so much is because of the fact that he's a BLACK dragon (With a cool design) and people who love wolves/dragons/other animals see at as either badass or "mysterious".
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#18 Posted: 17:58:35 22/03/2015
I've had no problems with Blackout's Soul Gem. It's all timing.
Hard to say who's my likes & dislikes for Wave 4.
I do agree with many of you with Spotlight when she gets hit. But I did her rings and cleared out a section with no damage. Treat her rings like you would with Ka-Boom's Soul Gem ability.
Echo's powerful, but slow.
Haven't played Short Cut yet, but like Blackout. High Five's mediocre and Bat Spin's cool
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#19 Posted: 18:45:05 22/03/2015
Powers:
1) Echo
2) Thunderbolt
3) Spotlight
4) Short Cut
5) Blackout
6) Rocky Roll

Design:
1) Blackout
2) Echo
3) Short Cut
4) Thunderbolt
5) Rocky Roll
6) Spotlight
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#20 Posted: 18:49:51 22/03/2015
Even though I don't have them
Best spot light and black out and high five
Reason some skylanders a weak for some people you need know how to use the characters smilie

Mybe cause people are used to close combat attacks then long range
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#21 Posted: 19:12:14 22/03/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
@Drek95: I must have misunderstood the title of this topic.

It happens to the best of us too, sometimes. smilie

I really love all the Wave 4 characters.
To me it's a matter of "who I like the least", not of "who I hate".

Blackout is indeed one of my favorites, not only for this Wave, but among all the Skylanders ever made.
He is kinda slow... But he has so much abilities, and so different from each other, that they open up for countless gameplay possibilities.
And his design is also perfect. 10/10

On the other hand, Spotlight is almost entirely a strategic character, even if she does have a lot of abilities too, and could take a lot of time to get used to them.
I'm not a big fan of her design, and she just doesn't look that interesting to me, gameplay wise.
She is still a great character, and an awesome and unique dragon for the Light Element. 7/10
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#22 Posted: 23:51:40 22/03/2015
Best: Echo and Bat Spin - Unique and love their attacks

Middle: Spotlight and Short Cut - love them and their attacks

Worst: Rocky Roll and Thunderbolt - really really slow and boring in movement and attacks
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#23 Posted: 23:54:19 22/03/2015
BEST: oddly enough, the traps! Going in to trap team I swore I just wanted 1, maybe 2 of each element! That became I'll get all the ones I really like! Which led to I want them all!! More so than the figures, since they all seem redundant now! Of course, so are the traps, but at least it's a shiny hook with a fresh worm this time..

WORST: too much at once with little left!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
#24 Posted: 00:26:25 23/03/2015
I like them all. True, Thunderbolt's slow, so is Echo. But they have high damage. Thus they would be in the "tank" class. Blackout, High Five and Spotlight are strategic, hit & run. Essentially, "rogue" class. Bat Spin & Rocky Roll are "fighter" class due to their offensive/defensive attacks
You just got to know how to play them. I maxed out Thunderbolt, with little or no damage
---
"
#25 Posted: 02:09:19 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: ExcitonKnight
I only have smilie smilie and smilie for Wave 4 and so far my favorite is EASILY Rocky Roll, while my least favorite of the bunch is HF, He's not bad, but he feels kinda average to me.

EDIT: I really need to elaborate on why I love Rocky Roll SOOO damn much. (I am on the Geological Grandmaster path). He is extremely fun, strong, and balanced. His damage with the spitballs are pretty good for projectiles, ones that can ricochet nonetheless, and his roll gives him good mobility. His Boulder Barrier, where do I even begin? You can do so much with these, You can have them as a shield, you can dash with them and ram them into enemies, they power up the charged shot on the Geological Grandmaster path, etc. The Bouncy Attack mode is really fun and it's damage goes +5 for each boulder in the barrier that he eats so you can either max out with that and get the damage like that, or you could only swallow a few of them to have them active. He has so many options and his design and concept are extremely original. Best earth Skylander to date by far.

Agreed SO much on Rocky Roll. He, once again, shows that I WILL always love a Earth element Skylander. Along with Magic and Water. I love everyone in those elements.
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#26 Posted: 02:22:06 23/03/2015
Best I'd say practically everyone. They all were amazing in their own original way and wave 4 was seriously a home run and well worth the wait.

Worst on the other hand I have to go with the Easter variants. The single minis and the traps are a rip off for the price they are asking and clearly they listened back from Swap Force. While I know some were bothered that the Easter variants of smilie and smilie were simply just their boxes, I still wish they did that again and just got smilie and smilie out of the way. There really was no point of having smilie and those two for the final wave.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#27 Posted: 02:33:25 23/03/2015
^Glad someone agrees, Echo, and Short Cut are usually the ones of Wave 4 in the spotlight (*ba-dum* *tsh*).
EDIT: Ninja'd
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:48:07 23/03/2015 by ExcitonKnight
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#28 Posted: 05:00:12 23/03/2015
^...ok the rim shot was not necessary...because it wasn't funny.. smilie Ohhh ...*snap* slams him hard....lol

Edit: ...just kidding smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:01:17 23/03/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
#29 Posted: 02:02:50 24/03/2015
Agreed, Ghostroaster617. I got the Easter variants early and those were the biggest epic fail Activision ever did. I would have had them sold in a 3-pack for less. The SF Easter figures were handled better, with STTH a big seller. Wave 4 cores & Trap Masters are sweet. The 2015 Easter line stunk worse than Stink Bomb
---
"
#30 Posted: 02:46:24 24/03/2015
Yeah, easter this year this feels like a phone in. I'm surprised people aren't complaining more about the inflated cost. I'm feeling better about not purchasing same year "in game variant reposes" all the time. They're accounting for like 15+, so that would be some good savings.
---
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#31 Posted: 04:45:58 24/03/2015
High Five is my favorite due to his insane movement abilities and the viabilitiy of all 3 of his skills.

Blackout is my least favorite because I feel his attacks don't do enough damage and there's not a lot you can do to make him capable of doing high-difficulty content. However, he is very cool.

Wave 4 Trap Team is one of my favorite of all time. That may be because High Five and Bat Spin were supposed to be wave 3, so 4 was just really big? Also have to disagree that Bat Spin is weak.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:47:00 24/03/2015 by Friendzie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me