Page 1 of 1
Spotlight and Blackout First Look
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 20:43:15 17/03/2015 | Topic Creator
So I recently ordered from Amazon.de and only got Spotlight, Echo and Blackout as my Wave 4 Skylanders. I played as both Spotlight and Blackout, and know how they attack on both paths unless I missd something.

I'll start with Spotlight first.

[User Posted Image]

Spotlight can fire Eye Beams at her enemies and can only move in a circular motion when doing so. She can also summon Halo Rings to damage enemies and fire her Eye Beams into the first Halo Ring she created, in which doing so, creates a moving string of light that spins around damaging/finishing off opponents that are within range. When the moving string of light hits another Halo Ring, it connects and the second Halo Ring will move the string of light around. Much like Knight Light, Spotlight can summon a pillar of light called Heavenly Aura to damage her enemies inside.

When obtaining the Soul Gem power, Light Dragons, when firing her Eye Beams into a Heavenly Aura, it will summon replicas of Spotlight to attack nearby enemies in one hit. Each Light Dragon can do only one attack before disappearing.

The Visionary upgrade path focuses more on Spotlight's Eye Beam attacks. When upgraded further, not only does the path improve your Heavenly Aura and Eye Beam attacks, you can also summon two Halo Rings at once.

The Ringer path improves your Halo Ring attacks if you prefer to use them more than your other standard techniques. Your Halo Rings can be larger and generate their own Eye Beams when upgraded further.

Unlike High Five, Spotlight doesn't have a Flight move, even if you press the jump button two times.

Now on to Blackout...

[User Posted Image]

Blackout's Wing Whip has a long reach and hit enemies from a distance. You can also jump into the air and use your Wing Whip over enemies too. His secondary attack, Shadow Orbs, can release small waves of darkness that are caught or near them.

When upgraded to the Black Hole technique, this gives Blackout the ability to teleport from one spot to another, which can be handy when avoiding enemies and attacking approaching ones. Upgrading further can improve these attacks, and when gaining Shadow Blade, your third attack, you can turn into a spinning spikey blade that you can control while rolling around.

The Wing Warrior upgrade path is for Portal Masters who prefer to use Wing Whip and Shadow Blade as their main attacks. The Spinning Finish move can add additional damage to your Wing Whip in an attack combo, including turning into a Shadow Blade as the finisher. After upgrading to Whip it Up, which increases the attack damage of Wing Whip, Shadow Blade and Warp Speed, you can purchase Warp Speed. Warp Speed, when charged up, can allow you to swiftly teleport and attack enemies with your horn. If used on a single enemy, they can be taken down in no time.

The Prince of Darkness path improves your Shadow Orb attacks. When upgrading through this path, on impact, your Shadow Orbs can explode into energy clouds of darkness that damage your enemies. By purchasing Under the Cover of Darkness, you take less damage when you're inside one of those dark clouds.

Once you've purhased the Supernova Soul Gem upgrade, you can create it by putting two Black Holes onto each other that creates the Supernova after a few seconds, much like Whirlwind's Rainbow Singularity attack. If you wait for the Supernova to form before summoning a new Black Hole, it will only give regular damage.

Like Spotlight, Blackout doesn't have a Flight move either.

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:56:31 17/03/2015 by Aura24
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 20:46:39 17/03/2015
They really went unique on the gameplay. I can see Spotlight being kinda frustrating waiting for a ring to "come around" and do damage. Neither one have very good damage outputs. Kinda mixed on how they LOOK like they play. We'll see soon enough.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#3 Posted: 20:47:51 17/03/2015
I agree with spotlight maybe being a little hard to use. Although, not trying to be rude or anything, and correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this technically advertising? Just want to know, nothing against you Aura24.
---
Spread those positive vibes
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4 Posted: 20:53:54 17/03/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard
I agree with spotlight maybe being a little hard to use. Although, not trying to be rude or anything, and correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this technically advertising? Just want to know, nothing against you Aura24.

Err... no.

A. It's a helpful video.

B. Aura is essentially press, as she owns the Skylanders Wiki.

And please don't go around claiming this.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 21:40:50 17/03/2015
By the Great Forces of the Skylands...

That... That Blackout figure... Is... Unbelievable. *_*
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#6 Posted: 21:45:27 17/03/2015
really like the finsh on the figures will look great on my shelf
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#7 Posted: 22:08:51 17/03/2015
Thanks for the videos, spotlight looks a lot better than I originally anticipated, as for blackout - well, he's as amazing as I thought he'd be!

isn't this technically advertising?

No, it's fine to post videos as long as it's helpful or news. Advertising would be if you posted a channel trailer or a video that has nothing to do with the topic.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#8 Posted: 22:38:23 17/03/2015
I don't really like how these two look... I use to be a huge fan of blackout but since I've seen the gameplay he just looks like a dark whirlwind to me in some ways. I'm probably going to stick to getting rocky roll and echo before these guys
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#9 Posted: 22:59:03 17/03/2015
Whirlwind isn't crazy fast with so many options to dodge and stagger.
Though,can't say I can decide between Blackout or Knight Mare anymore. He looks like a ton of fun, but also takes a lot longer to fight things with and on Hard/Nightmare it kinda tones down the fun part. On the other hand,Knight Mare seems to have half the lines as everyone else and there isn't much clarification if the shadow clones work or not. Definately want either, though.

Also none of them have flight powers,but one of the Prince of Darkness upgrades makes Blackout hover around a bit as seen in earlier videos from LPers in germany.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#10 Posted: 00:40:04 18/03/2015
I disagree...once they get powered up they are not under powered at all... Spotlight hitting for 120 is very nice. smilie Can't wait to get them both.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 00:58:26 18/03/2015
Quote: Matteomax

Err... no.

A. It's a helpful video.

B. Aura is essentially press, as she owns the Skylanders Wiki.

And please don't go around claiming this.

I didn't know to be press all you had to do was own a site and make a video. Standards must be lower these days...oh wait. We have MSN and MSNBC. Duely noted.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#12 Posted: 01:07:32 18/03/2015
What path would you say is better for Blackout?
---
MS paint DIO stares into your soul
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#13 Posted: 01:09:10 18/03/2015
Wow these look great! Thanks for showing different angles
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#14 Posted: 01:55:50 18/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster

I didn't know to be press all you had to do was own a site and make a video. Standards must be lower these days...oh wait. We have MSN and MSNBC. Duely noted.

Tell me how many other users are this fast in posting news and managing fandom content at the same time, on this forum. Matteomax and Dark don't count. Sometimes it's a nice change of pace to have gameplay readily avaliable, and to be fair some other older famous LPers advertise their videos when there are press releases and no one bats and eye.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:13:05 18/03/2015 by Bifrost
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#15 Posted: 02:20:05 18/03/2015
It sucks that they can't fly after pressing the jump button twice.
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#16 Posted: 09:03:01 18/03/2015
Blackout's attacks look fast and fun. Definitely can't wait to buy him.
Not sure about Spotlight's attacks. They look quite slow. I still want her though.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#17 Posted: 09:23:05 18/03/2015
Quote: Skylanders fan
really like the finsh on the figures will look great on my shelf

pretty anything new figurine is a shelf warmer from now on, i complete the game for the 100th time last weekend. im ready for sky5 now smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#18 Posted: 19:00:39 18/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: PMTgaming150
What path would you say is better for Blackout?

Well I would say the Wing Warrior path, but I'll detail the other path for you.

The Prince of Darkness path allows you to stay within a ring of darkness created from your Shadow Orb that damages enemies when they enter the ring. If you get the Under the Cover of Darkness upgrade, your defense will increase as long as you're in the dark ring. Cloud Gravity allows you to fly over enemies for a short time while moving a Dark Cloud created underneath you towards enemies without getting hit.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:03:49 18/03/2015 by Aura24
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me