Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Review: Echo
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#1 Posted: 21:50:59 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Forget about :blackout, smilie & smilie. smilie is the true highlight of this wave. Her figure looks absolutely beautiful and her paintjob is great. She has "shellphones" on her head which make beatbox music during her magic moment. She's even with no upgrades very powerful. Her siren scream does 111 damge without any upgrades. Her bubbles do 40 damage. Her third attack, the sonic slam (don't know the official name on english) does around 130 damge and the aftershock, which you get later, does 28 damage. With 2 basic attacks you can make up to 4 bubbles and let the siren scream last longer. On her bottom path (which I chose) you can hold the siren scream endless and release a screech attack. You can use the screech attack by pressing the first attack button rapidly after the siren scream. But her last attack (before the soul gem) makes her really OP. You can charge up the sonic slam, while you're doing that you're protected by a water aura which does 28 damage and you get the beatbox music. And when she's finished BOOM 700 damage. No skylander deals that amount of damage with one hit. Echo is a great character and by far the best water skylander this year.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#2 Posted: 21:51:48 16/03/2015
Cool,i might buy her now
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#3 Posted: 22:08:55 16/03/2015
same wasent sure but looking kind of nice now. also ive seen other figures do more damage in 1 single attack. Wildfires lion for slam i think is about 700 damage ( cant quite remember). night shade, technically a villain, hits for about 700 from stealth and rear attack. and trigger snappy full power charge shot hits for 1k i think, but takes a very long time to charge.
#4 Posted: 22:11:23 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Alphawolf
same wasent sure but looking kind of nice now. also ive seen other figures do more damage in 1 single attack. Wildfires lion for slam i think is about 700 damage ( cant quite remember). night shade, technically a villain, hits for about 700 from stealth and rear attack. and trigger snappy full power charge shot hits for 1k i think, but takes a very long time to charge.

I think Wildfire did 300 damage and TH does 1k as an elite and nightshade is a villain not a skylander so...
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#5 Posted: 22:12:15 16/03/2015
Wow, this just makes me even more excited for her!~ Great review! smilie

Also, Bash with his charged primary attack, can do 920 in one hit smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 22:27:14 16/03/2015
I'm still not sure why they choose to give her toy form a metallic paintjob, while her in-game character model is absolutely normal, with no effect, but still, the paint on her is really well done. smilie

May I ask why does she look so green, in this picture?

[User Posted Image]

Is it because of the lighting, or does she have a color changing effect on her, like the Dark Skylanders or Dune Bug?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:07:29 16/03/2015 by Drek95
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#7 Posted: 01:28:37 17/03/2015
Quote: Drek95
I'm still not sure why they choose to give her toy form a metallic paintjob, while her in-game character model is absolutely normal, with no effect, but still, the paint on her is really well done. smilie

[img]Snipped for space[/img]

Is it because of the lighting, or does she have a color changing effect on her, like the Dark Skylanders or Dune Bug?

Yes its do to the lighting bro... smilie I think she looks cool. I like the pearlized paint job smilie ...can't wait to get her also.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#8 Posted: 01:42:50 17/03/2015
Deja Vu, Sonic Slam is the correct name. If you basic upgrade, it becomes Subsonic. But if you get the upgrade in the Singalong path, it's called Ultrasound.
Either way, she seems quite very impressive. Thanks for the info.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#9 Posted: 02:26:58 17/03/2015
Glad to see I'm not the only HUGE Echo fan heresmilie I ordered her and I can't wait.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#10 Posted: 02:51:33 17/03/2015
Echo is the best Water Skylander ever! Can't wait to buy her!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 02:57:54 17/03/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
And when she's finished BOOM 700 damage. No skylander deals that amount of damage with one hit.

I can't wait to see how VV treats all of these powerful characters in #5. Enjoy it portal masters...while you still can.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#12 Posted: 03:16:55 17/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
And when she's finished BOOM 700 damage. No skylander deals that amount of damage with one hit.

I can't wait to see how VV treats all of these powerful characters in #5. Enjoy it portal masters...while you still can.

"700 damage? More like 60! HAH!" - VV

But it's all relative. I feel like the amount of life enemies have in Trap Team is much higher to account for the higher damage.
#13 Posted: 03:19:49 17/03/2015
I'm already bracing for the complaint threads when their "awesome" skylanders get put into the new game.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Heirumaru2286 Gold Sparx Gems: 2285
#14 Posted: 03:21:03 17/03/2015
I KNEW she was a beast~
---
..::TotallyAwezum::..
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#15 Posted: 04:17:39 17/03/2015
Got Echo today. She is absolutely amazing...very strong. She is possibly my second favorite Skylander ever!! My only complaint is that she is slow moving.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#16 Posted: 05:56:30 17/03/2015
10 times better than Zap
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#17 Posted: 06:09:31 17/03/2015
Is she goth? I swear that I see eye liner and of course all that black everywhere else. I didn't know those were shellphones though. Sweet! I was wanting only a Bat Spin, but Echo is pretty interesting.
---
Stay Cool!
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#18 Posted: 06:43:02 17/03/2015

Trap Team made some old Skylanders very weak compared to the Trap Team characters so yeah I hope they do get nerfed.
---
#19 Posted: 06:53:22 17/03/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Quote: Drek95

[img]Snipped for space[/img]

Yes its do to the lighting bro... smilie I think she looks cool. I like the pearlized paint job smilie ...can't wait to get her also.

Thanks, she indeed looks really cool! smilie

Quite honestly, I don't care too much about damages.
Playstyles is what I really care about.

SWAP Force changed a lot of the animations of oltre characters, which was GREAT, as they looked much more realistic and often fluid, but kinda "ruined" some moves, al least for me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#20 Posted: 16:56:21 17/03/2015
Yeah. Take the good AND the bad. Play style of the character ultimately is what makes it fun, but ultra high damage makes it even COOLER smilie
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#21 Posted: 17:11:08 17/03/2015
Yeh i hate how they got their old animations back in Trap Team...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#22 Posted: 17:27:11 17/03/2015
Yeah. Take the good AND the bad. Play style of the character ultimately is what makes it fun, but ultra high damage makes it even COOLER smilie

Absolutely!

It's just that I don't play that much attention to the damage output, usually...
But you definitely notice the difference, during boss battles, Arenas and the KDCs. smilie

Quote: Kevin16
Yeh i hate how they got their old animations back in Trap Team...

Not all of them.

I actually like the non-realistic animations, for the majority of the Skylanders (except for the ones introduced in SWAP Force), but some are still... Odd. Spyro, for example; he walks in a really weird way...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#23 Posted: 18:26:32 17/03/2015
If this helps, here's some video gameplay of Echo in english -

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#24 Posted: 18:48:58 17/03/2015
I really can't wait to get Echo now. I've wanted her since I first saw her on the character poster. Flashwing is currently my favourite Skylander but she may now have a rival.
Does anyone know if Echo can be used in Lost Islands yet by scanning her in with the Bluetooth portal? If so, does she work with the Dragon's Lair?
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:54:13 17/03/2015 by Star Dragon
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#25 Posted: 18:58:04 17/03/2015
No, Echo and the others of Wave 4 haven't been added to Lost Islands yet.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#26 Posted: 19:01:47 17/03/2015
Ok, thanks. Sometimes you can add new Skylanders early, even if they're not listed in Lost Islands yet, if you have the Bluetooth portal.
EDIT: Just tried Thunderbolt, who isn't listed in game yet, with the Bluetooth portal and he worked. Echo might work too.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:09:05 17/03/2015 by Star Dragon
#27 Posted: 19:47:58 17/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Star Dragon
Ok, thanks. Sometimes you can add new Skylanders early, even if they're not listed in Lost Islands yet, if you have the Bluetooth portal.
EDIT: Just tried Thunderbolt, who isn't listed in game yet, with the Bluetooth portal and he worked. Echo might work too.

Echo works with the code...
#28 Posted: 20:03:01 17/03/2015
Quote: Star Dragon

Echo works with the code...

Cool. Anyone know if she works with the Dragon's Lair?
---
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#29 Posted: 20:48:54 17/03/2015
i just watched that video. im impressed. that charge attack seems to have a huge range. and i like how she walks, like she dosent have a care in the world just listening to her music. Im use to skylanders with combo attack and her main attack slows her down alot but with practice im sure she can be strong. She wasent on my list before but she is now.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me