darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Want we want, what we don't-Skylanders 5
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Want we want, what we don't-Skylanders 5
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#201 Posted: 17:46:20 03/04/2015
Quote: juarmo
Quote: GhostRoaster
Problem with the villain quests is that they were implemented very poorly. You either :

1. Hit a button to talk to NPC and you're done.
2. There was an entire level with a goal/objective (best)

They could even interweave elements in the same story level you're in to accomplish the quest. Keep in mind that heroics did in fact give u unique gameplay based on the PURCHASE of a new character, but everyone else had to participate in that heroic for stat gain.

that's my point, do heorics, but have them mixed in with the story level, and ditch the "everyone else can do it for stats too" part so activision would ACTUALLY greenlight it... As in, there were 80-120 or so missions built in to the game, not purchase locked, but character specific (specific to as many characters as needed to fit everyone into 80 quests of course....), similar to Villain Quest Type 2... (which reminded me of heroics/Bonus Missions, hence my idea!)

IMO, I don't think it should be part of the main story mode. Reason: 1. each developer would have to code their own and 2. it would have to be changed on every game. They should have a Skylanders Workbench available when you view Skylander Stats that allow you to customize and do work to make that skylander stronger. This would be available in all games moving forward and the work is simply to maintain the new roster.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#202 Posted: 06:13:13 04/04/2015
But not like the system from SSA or SG - one for each new character. For all of them. I would like the idea, if they would include the single Skylanders more into the storys, with more text and personal quests and dungeons for all old and new characters. But I think it should be more like elemental quests. With dungeons and villains of the opposite elements or so. Not all of the old characters are still available in the stores. And not all fans of the franchise want to buy all of them. How many it with the new game ever will be. On the other site it would be a reason to spend more time with playing of the old characters. But that is wishful thinking. They want to sell new figures and except the giants chest in SSF there wasn't no content for the old characters smilie.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:14:50 04/04/2015 by Jeriba
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#203 Posted: 14:08:21 04/04/2015
I just thought of something else.

Bring back the character quests! Like beating 1000 enemies, getting 7500 elemental damage, all that.

It really added replayability.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#204 Posted: 18:57:44 04/04/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
I just thought of something else.

Bring back the character quests! Like beating 1000 enemies, getting 7500 elemental damage, all that.

It really added replayability.

Agreed
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#205 Posted: 00:10:30 05/04/2015
I'd rather heroic challenge type things back more then charscter quests. Most Character quests weren't really that hard to achieve. killing 1000 enemies isn't really an achievement, you get that just by playing for an hour lol.

I'd probably like the 2 to be combined, " heroic quests " let's call them lol.

id like there to be more specific quests like . " complete some level with only spyro " , "win a boss battle with spyro " etc.

And then the awards can be " increase any stat by 1 stage" .

Yay for unique stat modification.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#206 Posted: 03:06:11 05/04/2015
Heck .... give me both. I'd opt for Bonus Missions instead of Heroics as long as we have Quests. Really need a long term stat upgrade system that honors stats BETWEEN GAMES.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#207 Posted: 15:06:44 06/04/2015
Quote: Jeriba
But not like the system from SSA or SG - one for each new character. For all of them. I would like the idea, if they would include the single Skylanders more into the storys, with more text and personal quests and dungeons for all old and new characters. But I think it should be more like elemental quests. With dungeons and villains of the opposite elements or so. Not all of the old characters are still available in the stores. And not all fans of the franchise want to buy all of them. How many it with the new game ever will be. On the other site it would be a reason to spend more time with playing of the old characters. But that is wishful thinking. They want to sell new figures and except the giants chest in SSF there wasn't no content for the old characters smilie.

[Part of] The purpose of multiple skylanders sharing them, is so that you don't need to have the old ones to do everything... Each quest could be done by AT LEAST one "new base" skylanders...
So as to allow you to use old ones without ADVERTISING them... (which acti is AGAINST doing... Advertising the OLD ones, I mean...)

As in, you can do all the quests with newlanders, and your game would register them as complete, but it would also let you do them with oldlanders if you had oldlanders, so as to get the stat boosts with em' ,Just like the way the collection screen/EP works...
Basically, you can pretend they don't exist if you don't have the lander, you can max the skylanders you CAN get w/o them, and you can do all of them (so as to do the "Difficult Dare" checklist) with just the Yellow/Purple Based Skylanders (whichever color's next...)

And I suppose you'd be right in that it would be better to base the list of ~5-10 quests per lander by element rather than individual skylander... (but I still think it'd be neat to give, say, spyro a quest to kill rotting robbies that otherwise was Fire exclusive, or Flying skylanders a quest over lava that otherwise is fire exclusive, or Double Trouble/Stump Smash a quest over water that's otherwise water exclusive...)
Besides, it'd be MUCH easier to find an equal # of quests for everyone, because it could easily give giants a quest (that doesn't appear unless you scan a giant) that involves a Feat of Strength, or Trap Masters a quest that involves destroying some Traptanium, or SWAP Force a quest that involves, uhmm...
Know what, point is: Villain Quest type thing, the challenge kind, but for skylanders, each skylander gets around 5, but each quest is doable by multiple skylanders, so that there's only around 80 or so

But anyway, yeah...

What I want:
You know, the stat boosts from hats are starting to get large enough to matter, so... I'd like an option to make them "Invisible", or take the look of one and the stats of another...Speaking of which, give Trinkets stat boosts smilie Oh, and can we have skylander specific Trinkets, like, I'd love dragon armor for Spyro or something...

Villain Quest type thing, the Bonus Challenge kind, but for skylanders, each skylander gets around 5-6 Heroic Quests
(based on their element, each boosts either a single stat to max (1 would give max Crit, 1 max armor, 1 max speed, 1 65/100 EP [OTHER 35+ is obtained through element link], 1 gives +100 hp [+300 hp for elites] [on top of the amount from levels], and the last gives ~20% damage...), or each stats by 1/5 the difference between min and max stats, [x/5 crit x/5 armor, x/5 speed, 8 EP, 20 HP {60 for elites}, and 4% damage per quest]), but since its based on element and not collection, Acti would be ok with it, and there would only be ~50 in the game... (and the grind would be bearable without leaving a noticeable void in gameplay... [because 5 quests per characters *100+characters >>>>>100+ quests per character * 100+characters...])

Swap the upgraded/non-upgraded appearances for the Doom Raiders, at least, few villains look cooler (even fewer LOOK more powerful [Translation: mostly just Kaos]), and I think a lot of people want the "Canon" look for Doom Raiders to be the more powerful of the two...

What I don't want: another BS excuse to not have AT LEAST a FACSIMILE of Heroics... I want to upgrade my characters apart from levels/gear, (especially when there is only one equip with stats, and 2 period...)
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:29:47 06/04/2015 by juarmo
#208 Posted: 03:12:08 07/04/2015
I like your " make your own hat idea " that'd be cool. You could design specific hats (colour, design and stat increases) for each skylander. That'd fill some time lol. And then one of the colour choices could be uncoloured to give you the option of making it clear. But if I could actually specifically make a hat for a skylander there's probably no need to make it clear coz I prob would finally like hats lol.

It'd also finally give people a chance to be able to give slightly unique stats to their figures, instead of everyone all maxing out their heroics and quests or wearing 1 of the ~5 best hats to end up with exactly the same maxed out figure as everyone else.
---
#209 Posted: 05:31:49 07/04/2015
Apart from the game I would wish me, that the new Gimmicklanders will all have the same size, not the big differences from the Trap Masters. The one from the Starter Set (Snap Shot) like a SF characters and some bigger as a Giant. And in the game should be nothing bigger as a Giant.
But who knows, I could imagine, that they will shrink the Trap Masters with the next game on normal Skylanders size, like the SF characters. Or on a size between a normal Skylander and Giant.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#210 Posted: 06:26:55 07/04/2015
Quote: Jeriba
Apart from the game I would wish me, that the new Gimmicklanders will all have the same size, not the big differences from the Trap Masters. The one from the Starter Set (Snap Shot) like a SF characters and some bigger as a Giant. And in the game should be nothing bigger as a Giant.
But who knows, I could imagine, that they will shrink the Trap Masters with the next game on normal Skylanders size, like the SF characters. Or on a size between a normal Skylander and Giant.

Oh, yes, please.

If there are new gimmick characters, please, let them be the size of Cores.
It's too easy to call them, different (in toy form) only because of the size and the set of transparent weapons.

Swappers are bigger than Cores, in toy form, but it couldn't have been different, due to the nature of the gimmick.

Trap Masters...?
Could have been waaaaay smaller.

A bigger figure doesn't make it's automatically worth 15€/$, in my opinion.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#211 Posted: 10:32:01 07/04/2015
its so stupid that trap masters were only a tiny bit smaller in comparison to Giants in both toy and game size . It really ruins the specialness of the Giants.

I really want the next gimic guys to just be core size, just make them light core or something to make them special instead . Or better yet , no gimic landers lol . I always like cores much better anyway.
---
CookieCutter Green Sparx Gems: 295
#212 Posted: 12:40:31 07/04/2015
Hi! I'm Cookie Cutter. Have been a lurker for years, finally signed up.

My idea for Sky5:

Hub is light/dark world, with 8 world portals that open in succession. Lighting changes daytime to nighttime as you play. Hidden collectibles are visible at different times. Also has place to purchase items (Auric's shop), level up (with option to level as much as you have money for in one go, no repetitive 'would you like to level up?'-makes me want to punch that fairy every time...), Brock's arenas, PVP, and online fights. Brock would also have training grounds for minis.

Kaos' doom challenge would be fun again, with some tweaking. The 'towers' could be skylanders, changing with each successful level. First a corelander, then a Giant, then a swapper, finally a Trap Master. They would be stationary, but fire as fully upgraded 'landers.

Kaos' Mom is the Big Bad. She has captured all the skylanders. Some she has imprisoned in stone, others have been turned evil. Your job is to save them all.
You can't play as a particular character until you have saved it, except the two corelanders (one light, one dark) sold with the game. Other light/dark characters are trapped.

Large landscape world dotted with elemental portals. Need to have a particular element perform a task to find some. ( i.e. Undeadlander has to attack a skull to find and open some Undead portals)
Some portals are full levels, others are minigames. Some lead to other levels. Boss portal unlocks after finding all captured characters in world. Defeating Boss takes you to next world.

Corelanders have been turned to statues and can be unlocked by a character of the same element, or one of the two characters sold with the game. More powerful characters would be in later levels.
Swappers would be stuck in minigames, in halves. Solve a puzzle to get Boom, a different puzzle to get Jet. Puzzles would be element-specific. If you find Boom and Charge, you can play as Boom Charge, but not Magna Charge or Boom Jet.
Trap team critters would be evil versions, to be defeated in a mini-arena.
Giants are bigger baddies to defeat at the end of each world.

Each world has the feel of the Boss's element. There are areas within each world that have to be explored using different elements. Firelanders are needed to cross lava, techlanders are needed to shoot down baddies with a cannon. Giants are needed to break through walls. A climbing swapper is needed to scale a cliff.

Traps would have a new use. Trap an item in one place and take it to another to complete puzzles or unlock doors. Would need multiple traps loaded with certain objects to finish some tasks. Not sure if this will work, depends on how the traps store information.

For collectors, 2 new cores per element (20) (maybe a few extra dark/lights to start evening things out) and repose the unreposed originals, and maybe a couple newer ones. No S3s. I want a mini Spotlight, named Flashlight.
#213 Posted: 13:45:56 07/04/2015
Quote: CookieCutter

My idea for Sky5:

Hub is light/dark world, with 8 world portals that open in succession. Lighting changes daytime to nighttime as you play. Hidden collectibles are visible at different times. Also has place to purchase items (Auric's shop), level up (with option to level as much as you have money for in one go, no repetitive 'would you like to level up?'-makes me want to punch that fairy every time...), Brock's arenas, PVP, and online fights. Brock would also have training grounds for minis.

Kaos' doom challenge would be fun again, with some tweaking. The 'towers' could be skylanders, changing with each successful level. First a corelander, then a Giant, then a swapper, finally a Trap Master. They would be stationary, but fire as fully upgraded 'landers.

Kaos' Mom is the Big Bad. She has captured all the skylanders. Some she has imprisoned in stone, others have been turned evil. Your job is to save them all.
You can't play as a particular character until you have saved it, except the two corelanders (one light, one dark) sold with the game. Other light/dark characters are trapped.

Large landscape world dotted with elemental portals. Need to have a particular element perform a task to find some. ( i.e. Undeadlander has to attack a skull to find and open some Undead portals)
Some portals are full levels, others are minigames. Some lead to other levels. Boss portal unlocks after finding all captured characters in world. Defeating Boss takes you to next world.

Corelanders have been turned to statues and can be unlocked by a character of the same element, or one of the two characters sold with the game. More powerful characters would be in later levels.
Swappers would be stuck in minigames, in halves. Solve a puzzle to get Boom, a different puzzle to get Jet. Puzzles would be element-specific. If you find Boom and Charge, you can play as Boom Charge, but not Magna Charge or Boom Jet.

Each world has the feel of the Boss's element. There are areas within each world that have to be explored using different elements. Firelanders are needed to cross lava, techlanders are needed to shoot down baddies with a cannon. Giants are needed to break through walls. A climbing swapper is needed to scale a cliff.

Traps would have a new use. Trap an item in one place and take it to another to complete puzzles or unlock doors. Would need multiple traps loaded with certain objects to finish some tasks. Not sure if this will work, depends on how the traps store information.

For collectors, 2 new cores per element (20) (maybe a few extra dark/lights to start evening things out) and repose the unreposed originals, and maybe a couple newer ones. No S3s. I want a mini Spotlight, named Flashlight.

AMAZING idea!

"Welcome" to smilie!

Not being able to immediately play as your Skylanders would really make the game quite more "difficult" and challenging. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#214 Posted: 14:59:56 07/04/2015 | Topic Creator

My idea for Sky5:

This idead is GREAT. Trapped or evillized Skylanders would be awesome, and the only skylanders who could access the "jail cells" or minigame areas should be skylanders of the same element as the trapped ones, like if you needed to save Gill Grunt, you could only use Water Skylanders to rescue him. Also, one skylander of each element (of your choice somehow)could be used without needing to be freed. Th Big Bad, though, should be Malefor, because no more Kaos related things, please.

Also, "welcome" to the site! smilie
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#215 Posted: 15:15:39 07/04/2015
Thanks!
I like the idea of Malefor rather than Mama Kaos. More dragons are always good!
#216 Posted: 17:28:52 07/04/2015
Thanks!
I like the idea of Malefor rather than Mama Kaos. More dragons are always good!

YEAH! Dragons FTW!
And we still need a dragon Giant [doesnt have to be one of the originals, because Dragons are MASSIVE as adults as seen in Dragon's Peak, love the concept of adult versions of Cynder and Spyro being made into giants... {give them a backstory, like: "They came from a dark future where the ressurected Evil Dragon King Malefor reigns supreme to stop him before he gets too powerful! With age comes wisdom, and with wisdom comes the ability to sacrifice personal preference for utility, the Spyro of the future no longer practices only Fire Magic, has now mastered various elements, and can switch breaths between Fire, Water, Earth, Life, and Light with Attack 3! Cynder has mastered her dark/electric powers, and can switch breaths between Wind, Undead, Tech, Magic, and Darkness with attack 3!"}], Trap Team, [don't know, some large Light Dragon?] and Villain [easy: Malefor!]
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
sandstormwolf Green Sparx Gems: 322
#217 Posted: 17:45:30 07/04/2015
No more kaos and an open world RPG kind of game.
---
Still waiting for skylanders 5!
#218 Posted: 19:06:21 07/04/2015
Welcome to smilie!

Quote: cookiecutter
My idea for Sky5:
these are some good ideas, a few comments, though..

Hub is light/dark world, with 8 world portals that open in succession

one for each element, :S Shouldn't there also be chapters based off of Light/Dark, since they've only had 2 chapters/worlds to rep them so far?
. Lighting changes daytime to nighttime as you play. Hidden collectibles are visible at different times

Well, that sounds a lil annoying, unless you eventually unlock a way to make day/night progress at will (because waiting for night was unbearable in Twilight Princess, and in the Pokemon games, glad that they returned day/night to unimportant things that were NOT needed to finish the Dex since Black/White, [but didnt shaft it as hard as RSE did originally] even when the only purpose for it in Twilight Princess was hunting poes... and waiting for day was unbearable even when it was just so a shop would open... So, something like in Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker, would be cool, eventually unlocking the ability to make day/night pass quickly [So a time based plot wouuld be cool])
. Also has place to purchase items (Auric's shop)

Might i suggest that later in the story, Tuk's Emporium opens up, causing them to price war, and everything's prices get cut in half?
level up (with option to level as much as you have money for in one go, no repetitive 'would you like to level up?'-makes me want to punch that fairy every time...), Brock's arenas, PVP, and online fights. Brock would also have training grounds for minis.
might i suggest that Buzz offer the training for Minis? since he's the "Legendary Trainer of Skylanders"
Or, Cali, since she did heroics before... (but also train the full-sized skylanders w/ Cali)

I'll have to finish later...
---
#219 Posted: 20:06:47 07/04/2015
Quote: sandstormwolf
No more kaos and an open world RPG kind of game.

Every series need a main antagonist. What are the Smurfs without Gargamel or the Turtles without Shredder, and what are the Skylands without Kaos? But I hope there will be furthermore a few more sub-villains in the next game/s. Such as Cluck, that has promised that we haven't see the last of him.
#220 Posted: 20:33:31 07/04/2015
I didn't have light and dark separate worlds 'cause I thought 10 worlds, plus a hub, with three or four levels in each world, might end up being a very very long game. They'd have to come up with light and dark giants to fight at the end of each world. I like the idea of changing light to dark, revealing different things with different lighting. Maybe have it switch each time you return to the hub?

Buzz would be perfect to train the minis! Great idea! Buzz for the little guys, Brock for the grownups.

Tuk v Auric would be a funny addition!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#221 Posted: 20:40:06 07/04/2015
Since this seems to be a slightly hot topic I'll add:

No more Soul Gems locked behind Gimmicklander gates...it's just bad. I don't mind some content like hats, treasures, outfit crap, blah blah blah but not moves. I want to know that when I buy a figure I don't need another one to unlock it's full potential.

Now that that's out of the way here's what I want:

PVP.

Stat increases per level and not just HP.

Some kind of heroic...let's get invested in our toys again shall we.

Some kind of system that compels me to use my old figures. This would also give newcomers a reason to pick up older figures and help retailers clear out old stock.

Gear (think outfits with stats) and itemization. Nothing too fancy just some kind of stat progression in addition to hats.

A little more maturity in the main story. Not much just like maybe SSA equivalent.

ONLINE MODE FOR PVP AND CO-OP PLAY...OMG ACTIVISION THIS IS GETTING OLD!!!1111!!!!!

Have a single player mode that allows a tag in with another Skylander similar to how traps worked with villains. It basically would add a passive buff and skip the "Magic Moment" to switch for different play options.

Random level generation.

A demo mode with a Skylander you don't own to try in a training room or hub. This would be unlocked after you obtained said Skylander's Soul Gem. This would also be a way to check out upcoming Skylanders before they are released but not actually level them. I have no hopes for this but it would be nice.
#222 Posted: 21:07:39 07/04/2015
Had a really similar idea, with the "demo" for the Skylanders. smilie

It would simply be an area in the hub, were you can try out a character's main abilities, and would of course not be upgradable.
Didn't thought about the Soul Gem part, really clever!
That way, you wouldn't be able to immediately try out every single new character.

I think it would really help selling some characters (or at least avoid purchasing the ones we are un sure of); sometimes you really get invested with a character you were not that convinced about, when you get a chance of trying him out. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#223 Posted: 22:38:03 07/04/2015
Quote: Drek95

It would simply be an area in the hub, were you can try out a character's main abilities, and would of course not be upgradable.
That way, you wouldn't be able to immediately try out every single new character.

I think it would really help selling some characters (or at least avoid purchasing the ones we are un sure of); sometimes you really get invested with a character you were not that convinced about, when you get a chance of trying him out. smilie

I actually really like this idea, being someone who thinks all characters look cool when they are first revealed.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#224 Posted: 22:38:38 07/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tigorus

No more Soul Gems locked behind Gimmicklander gates...it's just bad. I don't mind some content like hats, treasures, outfit crap, blah blah blah but not moves. I want to know that when I buy a figure I don't need another one to unlock it's full potential.

Now that that's out of the way here's what I want:

PVP.

Stat increases per level and not just HP.

Some kind of heroic...let's get invested in our toys again shall we.

Some kind of system that compels me to use my old figures. This would also give newcomers a reason to pick up older figures and help retailers clear out old stock.

Gear (think outfits with stats) and itemization. Nothing too fancy just some kind of stat progression in addition to hats.

A little more maturity in the main story. Not much just like maybe SSA equivalent.

ONLINE MODE FOR PVP AND CO-OP PLAY...OMG ACTIVISION THIS IS GETTING OLD!!!1111!!!!!

Have a single player mode that allows a tag in with another Skylander similar to how traps worked with villains. It basically would add a passive buff and skip the "Magic Moment" to switch for different play options.

Random level generation.

A demo mode with a Skylander you don't own to try in a training room or hub. This would be unlocked after you obtained said Skylander's Soul Gem. This would also be a way to check out upcoming Skylanders before they are released but not actually level them. I have no hopes for this but it would be nice.

Wait...those exists in Trap Team? Crap.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#225 Posted: 22:45:16 07/04/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy

Sadly, yes. I wish it wasn't so but it's the ugly truth. If you collect them all anyway it's not such a big deal but if you're selective with your purchases it could be a hindrance.

Yeah tying it to the Soul Gem still means that you need to earn it but I would want the ability to upgrade and check out the abilities and different paths so I can make an informed decision when I decide on what to purchase. Marvel Heroes has a Shield training room that's basically an instanced room to try out abilities on dummies. If they did something similar to this in Skylanders you could level them up with say unlimited "funny money" that only existed in this room or they could simply write the code so everything is unlocked if you've found the Soul Gem. I have to admit that in both Swap Force and Trap Team I've returned Skylanders I wasn't crazy about after playing them and resetting them in their package. But that's the system they've created so it is what it is. A demo room seems like a win for both players and retailers.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:00:38 07/04/2015 by Tigorus
#226 Posted: 23:45:19 07/04/2015 | Topic Creator

Sadly, yes. I wish it wasn't so but it's the ugly truth. If you collect them all anyway it's not such a big deal but if you're selective with your purchases it could be a hindrance.

Yeah tying it to the Soul Gem still means that you need to earn it but I would want the ability to upgrade and check out the abilities and different paths so I can make an informed decision when I decide on what to purchase. Marvel Heroes has a Shield training room that's basically an instanced room to try out abilities on dummies. If they did something similar to this in Skylanders you could level them up with say unlimited "funny money" that only existed in this room or they could simply write the code so everything is unlocked if you've found the Soul Gem. I have to admit that in both Swap Force and Trap Team I've returned Skylanders I wasn't crazy about after playing them and resetting them in their package. But that's the system they've created so it is what it is. A demo room seems like a win for both players and retailers.

You know what my reaction was to the Soul Gems behind gates thing? Darn!!!!....Darn!!!!!.....Darny Darn!!!!!......./kicks a chair. Hehe.

That really sucks, though. I just need/want Snap Shot's Soul Gem right now...his might be behind a gate, and I don't have/want, really, any other Trap Masters. Darn!!!!....Darn!!!!!.....Darny Darn!!!!!......./kicks a chair.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#227 Posted: 10:58:18 08/04/2015
I didn't have light and dark separate worlds 'cause I thought 10 worlds, plus a hub, with three or four levels in each world, might end up being a very very long game. They'd have to come up with light and dark giants to fight at the end of each world.

The easiest solution to this would be to make the tutorial pure Light, (except that you reach the hub at the end [much like the hubs of SWAP Force and Giants, the hubs are a "part" of the first chapter]) and the "Final boss's lair" utter Dark (accessed from the hub, but sealed off until you're ready to prevent the spread of "the Darkness")... Basically, the hub would be at the "Crossroads of Twilight", that way, neither of them would [need to] have giants at the end (because one would host the final boss [which would NOT be a giant...], and the other would be a tutorial level, so... no boss smilie), and neither would have more than a single level per!
I like the idea of changing light to dark, revealing different things with different lighting. Maybe have it switch each time you return to the hub?

Well, my idea was more or less to eventually get a way to change the lighting at will, but yeah that would be allright too!

Buzz would be perfect to train the minis! Great idea! Buzz for the little guys, Brock for the grownups.

umm, Brock's the Arena guy, Cali's always been the training person (heroics)... but, whatever...

Tuk v Auric would be a funny addition!

Glad you think so...
Oh! and have the arena guy from SWAP Force (barely touched the game, give me a break) Collaborate w/ Brock to make SUPER RUMBLE CLUB

and then there's always the option of the Bonus Missions accessed through Tessa...

MALEFOR is the Big Bad. She has captured all the skylanders. Some she has imprisoned in stone, others have been turned evil. Your job is to save them all.

At this I suggest two reprints be made (hear me out): Series 2 Spotlight, and Series 2 Blackout... Think about it! they'd be the perfect cores to bundle with the Starter (bc Duality), and they seem like they'd get interesting/fun Wow Pows

Only problem with that last bit is that they'd be enforcing the idea that they don't give a darn about balance in this game...

That last bit about traps sounds: A Tedious, and B. expensive to new timers, and C. probably won't work, because traps are designed to store character data...

A. I want a mini Blackout, named Shadowt (pronounced Shad-out), and B. once again assert the concept of a Series 2 Blackout/Spotlight... possibly as the Starter Pack cores
---
#228 Posted: 00:30:57 09/04/2015
I think traps could become like "keys" in the next game . Coz they kinda look like cool keys.

Unlocking secret vaults and doors that have been locked by villains around various parts of skylanders.

Also I think they need to increase the use of Elemental power. Even when the game first started , doing heroic challenges for a little bit of elemental power just wasn't worth it coz elemental power is only relevant in very limited situations.

I'm not sure wat they could do but it needs to have some other purpose.
---
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#229 Posted: 00:36:55 09/04/2015
Hey there! It's been a while and now that skylanders five will be announced soon (I hope) I'm gonna say what I like and don't.

What the LloydDXZX wants

-Heroics back.
I know it's a lot of work. But it was one of the best feature of the game for me. That's what made your character so special. I was really disapointed when I saw that it was gone...

-Battle mode back.
I bought this game for this. So... Really? Activision?

-Online mode
I mean... Who doesn't?

-Old adventure packs compatible.
I know it's probably not possible to make it compatible with villains or everything. But they could at least bring them back for the old characters only. That would be that.

-Kaos mode a little harder.
I mean, I was beating every single one of them with my mini-jini.

-Reset button for the traps.
Some villains are so ugly when upgraded. It would be cool to be able to at least get their old skins again smilie

What the LloydDXZX doesn't want.

-Reposes
Because they don't do the reposes that we want.

-No more elite c**p.
30$ for a figure is crazy. Never bought a single one.

-Kart game or every other ideas that kids have.
Because no.
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:14:53 10/04/2015 by LloydDXZX
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#230 Posted: 00:41:12 09/04/2015
Quote: LloydDXZX
Hey there! It's been a while and now that skylanders five will be announced soon (I hope) I'm gonna say what I like and don't.

What the LloydDXZX wants

-Heroics back.
I know it's a lot of work. But it was one of the best feature of the game for me. That's what made your character so special. I was really disapointed when I saw that it was gone...

-Battle mode back.

-Online mode
I mean... Who doesn't?

I know it's probably not possible to make it compatible with villains or everything. But they could at least bring them back for the old characters only. That would be that.

-Reposes

-No more elite c**p.

Because no.

This.
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#231 Posted: 01:14:09 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator

What the LloydDXZX wants

-Heroics back.

-Battle mode back.

-Online mode
I mean... Who doesn't?

-Reposes

-No more elite c**p.

Because no.

Yeah, this sums it all up. Also, if by you wanting Sky 5 to be announced soon you mean the details coming iut, me too. The fact that it's in the making has been comfirmed though.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#232 Posted: 06:01:48 09/04/2015
So with trap team this year we were actually able to play as minis.

Instead of only being purely aesthetic character items, the old mini figures from 3 years ago were able to eventually be able to store data in the form or upgrades etc. . I'm not too up on the technology , but I think that's a big deal.

Doesn't that mean that all figures have the potential to store data and to be upgraded again . E.g. they could eventually be able to give magic items ( even the old SA ones ) more content , buying upgrades etc for your Healing potion or sparx the dragon fly.

I'd like to see magic items have a bigger part, upgrading cannons etc.

also it could mean that the traps could be able to store a lot more info they what they do now too smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:04:26 09/04/2015 by wild_defender
#233 Posted: 12:41:13 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: wild_defender
So with trap team this year we were actually able to play as minis.

Instead of only being purely aesthetic character items, the old mini figures from 3 years ago were able to eventually be able to store data in the form or upgrades etc. . I'm not too up on the technology , but I think that's a big deal.

Doesn't that mean that all figures have the potential to store data and to be upgraded again . E.g. they could eventually be able to give magic items ( even the old SA ones ) more content , buying upgrades etc for your Healing potion or sparx the dragon fly.

I'd like to see magic items have a bigger part, upgrading cannons etc.

also it could mean that the traps could be able to store a lot more info they what they do now too smilie

^Agreed. The "S1" (original) minis are playable in Trap Team as sctual characters, so what if the devs purposefully made traps hold extra data they can store for the next game? Maybe.

Also, in SSA, Giants, and Swap Force, did the minis literally only follow you around.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#234 Posted: 13:42:49 09/04/2015
Minis in Giants and Swap Force only followed you around. I think they would have been better used by being able to pick up nearby treasure for you, the way Sparx did in the original Spyro games.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#235 Posted: 18:15:26 09/04/2015
^Agreed. The "S1" (original) minis are playable in Trap Team as sctual characters, so what if the devs purposefully made traps hold extra data they can store for the next game? Maybe.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet they will re purpose traps before we see villains come back.
#236 Posted: 18:36:57 09/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TakeYourLemons

If I were a betting man, I'd bet they will re purpose traps before we see villains come back.

Lol who is this. O hai GhostRoaster. Why did you reincarnate yourself?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#237 Posted: 21:30:03 09/04/2015

If they were smart though, we'd start seeing Trap Team trapable Villains as Core in the next game...just sayin. I'd LOVE a Trolling Thunder, Threat Pack and CHOMPY!!!!! as Skylanders...Any others?
#238 Posted: 21:54:45 09/04/2015

If they were smart though, we'd start seeing Trap Team trapable Villains as Core in the next game...just sayin. I'd LOVE a Trolling Thunder, Threat Pack and CHOMPY!!!!! as Skylanders...Any others?

making a whole set of villain figures isn't that smart.

I don't think 99% of villains are loved enough yet by the average fans. A Kaos figure would work , but not even all the doom raiders are liked enough to make people want a figure of them. No ones going crazy for dream catcher etc. espevially when we can already play as them in trap team. Just adding upgrades to them won't make them feel like new characters.

if traps hadn't been invented , making villain figures would've been good , but now it would just be an underwhelming gimic.

They really need to keep the functionality of skylanders and villains seperate anyway. Otherwise there won't be any distinction and there won't be any difference between playing as a skylander and playing as a villain. Which makes them both less special.
---
#239 Posted: 22:09:51 09/04/2015
Well I always figured that using villains in the traps was kind of like a parole with ankle bracelet thing. If they choose to be good shouldn't they simply be Skylanders at that point? Do they need to be kept in the traps? If we keep them in the traps while continuing to use their help, isn't that enslavement? I'm also not into any of the Doom Raiders (maybe Wolfgang) enough to want a fig. but some could be a perfect fit. Tai Kwan Crow in a black ninja outfit, Scrap Shooter, Blastertron (more tech to me but whatever), Hoodsickle (come on that would be totally badass), Rage Mage, etc.
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#240 Posted: 00:13:34 10/04/2015
Let's not forget that all Skylanders were turned to statues when they were sent to Earth. I always assumed the Core of Light explosion sent every core character we have to Earth, found or unfound, and each year we simply "uncover" more of them. I don't think the Academy has a cannon to shoot recruits (or villains, in this case) to Earth. This sort of theory with the core 'landers could explain why the Gimmick characters only ever get backstories explaining why they got frozen and sent to Earth.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#241 Posted: 00:41:11 10/04/2015
It's hazy on how Skylanders after SF get sent to Earth. Funny Bone's backstory points to a sequel to SF3DS, while Blades is said to be training in the Academy still even if it opened last year in the comics. In fact,the comics bring up the question on how much the earth PM is still involved since the skylanders are all acting on their own(at most with Eon around using a hologram to interact) - could be someone's theory that they're sent back over time and you just take control of them now, but then Giants' intro gets in the way since it implies that all figures are self aware, like everyone has perfect clones. It's best just to not think about it until they give SOME explanation on how the meta and the canon tie together after the first game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#242 Posted: 01:18:38 10/04/2015
yeah they seem to have moved away from the basic story that skylanders are all lost and frozen on earth and same with the traps somehow.

Iether way im pretty sure the villains need to stay in the traps to keep them good. a trap should function the same way as being inside a cell at cloud cracker prison that was also trptanium, it just calms them down and makes them more willing to follow suggestion i think. and its no more about slavery then what pokemon used to do.

The villains would lose a large part of there personality anyway if they were actually good. They really wouldnt be cool anymore if they started high fiving skylanders and providing encouragement, it would be pretty lame. keep them villainous.
In the traps they arnt really "good" anyway, they just fight for who ever summons them from the trap. its not really about good or evil.
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#243 Posted: 01:38:01 10/04/2015
I just want them to release core figures of the villains. Actually, just have the next game have the new gimmick be focused good and evil, I don't care.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#244 Posted: 04:29:28 10/04/2015
Quote: wild_defender
yeah they seem to have moved away from the basic story that skylanders are all lost and frozen on earth and same with the traps somehow.

Iether way im pretty sure the villains need to stay in the traps to keep them good. a trap should function the same way as being inside a cell at cloud cracker prison that was also trptanium, it just calms them down and makes them more willing to follow suggestion i think. and its no more about slavery then what pokemon used to do.

The villains would lose a large part of there personality anyway if they were actually good. They really wouldnt be cool anymore if they started high fiving skylanders and providing encouragement, it would be pretty lame. keep them villainous.
In the traps they arnt really "good" anyway, they just fight for who ever summons them from the trap. its not really about good or evil.

Except that, sans Kaos, they all seem legitimately interested in fighting for good. A lot of them mention how "Nice it is in the academy" some even OUTRIGHT ask if there's a [teaching] position available that suits their specific powers... EX: Shield Shredder: "Do you guys have any positions available? I'd b a Shop instructor"
---
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#245 Posted: 07:23:15 10/04/2015

What the LloydDXZX wants

-Heroics back.

-Battle mode back.

-Online mode
I mean... Who doesn't?

-Reposes

-No more elite c**p.

Because no.

I love your post, but I have to disagree about heroic challenges. If there is to be a way to continue improving your Skylanders, I don't want it being to complete the same levels 250 times.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:23:40 10/04/2015 by Friendzie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#246 Posted: 08:44:27 10/04/2015
Now that I finally have Pop Fizz, I can finally really agree that TT's combat physics need to go like some other people said. Not a case of 'now my favorite characters aren't as good' , I guess I was just lucky to never focus on anyone that really needed melee or couldn't just run through enemies and hitting plenty - but good lord PF suffers in this game. I first tried him out in Giants and discovered how his potions only home in if you're right on the enemy's face; alright, it knocked everyone nearby away,so it was a pretty good hit-and-run strategy, and with heavier guys I can just run circles while I bash glass on their backs. Turned off the game on accident before I could try out Best of the Beast upgrades there but it's probably the same.
In TT? Everyone turns around immediately and starts the attack animation in a speed that you definately can't outrun if you're in any way focused on melee. Knockback is nonexistent except for a select few guys that probably looked funny being pushed around. So though it's fun to pelt them with projectiles from afar(which I said several times I prefer on a 'lander over fisticuffs), it's not even CLOSE to fun when you're being pushed around by enemies way smaller than you, while they seem bolted to the ground, and you probably get killed by the first heavy enemy since he has some angle that's just sure to reach you while you try to run to the sides.

Don't even know how it works in SF, just that they had no reason to ditch both that and Giants' physics for this, there's nothing to be gained but frustration.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:44:49 10/04/2015 by Bifrost
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#247 Posted: 11:14:00 10/04/2015
Quote: Friendzie

What the LloydDXZX wants

-Heroics back.

-Battle mode back.

-Online mode
I mean... Who doesn't?

-Reposes

-No more elite c**p.

Because no.

I love your post, but I have to disagree about heroic challenges. If there is to be a way to continue improving your Skylanders, I don't want it being to complete the same levels 250 times.

Well just don't do them all? :/ personnally I did speed to a lot of my skylanders especially giants. And I did them all to my fav. And also I have another point.

-Reset button for the traps! Please!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#248 Posted: 11:52:49 10/04/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Now that I finally have Pop Fizz, I can finally really agree that TT's combat physics need to go like some other people said. Not a case of 'now my favorite characters aren't as good' , I guess I was just lucky to never focus on anyone that really needed melee or couldn't just run through enemies and hitting plenty - but good lord PF suffers in this game. I first tried him out in Giants and discovered how his potions only home in if you're right on the enemy's face; alright, it knocked everyone nearby away,so it was a pretty good hit-and-run strategy, and with heavier guys I can just run circles while I bash glass on their backs. Turned off the game on accident before I could try out Best of the Beast upgrades there but it's probably the same.
In TT? Everyone turns around immediately and starts the attack animation in a speed that you definately can't outrun if you're in any way focused on melee. Knockback is nonexistent except for a select few guys that probably looked funny being pushed around. So though it's fun to pelt them with projectiles from afar(which I said several times I prefer on a 'lander over fisticuffs), it's not even CLOSE to fun when you're being pushed around by enemies way smaller than you, while they seem bolted to the ground, and you probably get killed by the first heavy enemy since he has some angle that's just sure to reach you while you try to run to the sides.

Don't even know how it works in SF, just that they had no reason to ditch both that and Giants' physics for this, there's nothing to be gained but frustration.

I also agree that charscters with projectiles have a huge advantage in TT. Lack of Knock back in it is pretty bad ( and probably half the reason for Terrapins dive slams not being good anymore ) but I think the actual enemies they have in trap team don't allow the melee charscters to stand still much e.g. The bomb turtles and coo coo clockers pretty much mean u cant stay in one spot.

TT seems to be designed for skylanders that just run around and use projectiles to be a much easier option. Try playing doom challenge with stealth elf or punch path slam bam , it just doesn't work well.
They iether need to put knock back back in or give purely melee charscters a power boost .

I think the problem is also the scope of the game . The screen is really zoomed out in TT that core characters look tiny. Having the scope really large gives projectile charscters even more of an advantage coz they Can Actually attack enemies that appear at the edge of the screen . If you think back to SA or Giants the games had a lot smaller scope , so when enemies appearedit wasn't hard for melee charscters to walk a couple of steps and make contact.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:19:32 10/04/2015 by wild_defender
#249 Posted: 12:37:03 10/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Completely random question here, but do yiu think the Hunters will be OK with me bumping this topic when Sky 5 comes out to "compare" what we wanted and what we actually got?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#250 Posted: 13:02:30 10/04/2015
Quote: Friendzie

What the LloydDXZX wants

-Heroics back.

-Battle mode back.

-Online mode
I mean... Who doesn't?

-Reposes

-No more elite c**p.

Because no.

U only had to play each heroic challenge 250 times if you were stat increasing 250 skylanders ? And you don't need to upgrade your whole collection completely. You just upgrade your favourites or a just a stat you think is lacking on a skylander,
at least it's a decent reason to replay levels and get something worthwhile out of it . And it means there was a lot of achievements for every skylander to accomplish. They provided a lot of content.

Heroic challenges were good. Much better then the mini mission in SF that had no reason at all to play them more then once . Same with arena challenges , there's just not much reason to replay them .

Doom challenge isn't better iether, it's just tower defense for 3 hours for just money . heroic challenges were diverse and only last like 3 minutes, you just complete a few then take a break if you find it grinding.

heroic challenges were great. And basically the extra content everyone wants back. If they brought them back their wouldn't be one for every 150+ skylanders , they'd probly just make like 50 anyway.
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me