Puppet Master:

Scary Seamster:

Enjoy!
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 12:23:42 10/03/2015 by Buuzer
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#2 Posted: 16:58:18 09/03/2015
Hmmm Kinda cool. I wasn't planning on getting him but he seems pretty dope.

Side note:
I really wish TFB just copied the dummy code from Swap Force. You can't test any summoned damage on these Trap Team dummies. Would have been nice to test.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#3 Posted: 17:12:42 09/03/2015
I wanted him at first.

Now I need.
- Unreall
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#4 Posted: 17:26:26 09/03/2015
I got him on Friday, he's easily one of the best trap masters to come out so far (just behind knight light & knight mare). I see myself using his soul gem power a lot.
Here's some gameplay of him before any upgrades (Skip to 1:40 for gameplay):
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:57:22 09/03/2015 by TTD
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#5 Posted: 17:53:37 09/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Added the Scary Seamster Path! smilie
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 18:43:38 09/03/2015
Which path would you say is the better one?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#7 Posted: 18:44:05 09/03/2015
This is making Unreall sad to watch.

Looks like on the surface that the first path is a waste of time.
- Unreall
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#8 Posted: 19:02:42 09/03/2015
Maybe Puppet Master is the best path, but I also like Scary Seamster.
#9 Posted: 19:54:00 09/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Puppet Master is much better than the Top one.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#10 Posted: 20:01:29 09/03/2015
Thanks a lot, Buuzer!

Your Thunderbolt Path Guide has been really helpful, but this was the guide I was looking for!
Would have gone with the Scary Seamster Path, at first, but now I'm not that sure about my choice, honestly... The other one looks really cool.

One thing is sure, they are both great Skylanders! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#11 Posted: 20:21:47 09/03/2015
Quote: Buuzer

Thank you so much for your final verdict. I knew the Puppet Master path was his best one and really wanted to take that path. Now I can take it with pure confidence and be happy he is a great Trap Master. The secret to his strength is that while he doesn't do a lot of damage with each blow, he attacks quickly with succession and the damage adds up quickly. That's pretty good for an up close fighter.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#12 Posted: 20:28:39 09/03/2015
What are his Armor, Speed and Critical Hit stats value in game? smilie
---
bye
#13 Posted: 20:35:27 09/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
What are his Armor, Speed and Critical Hit stats value in game? smilie

Armor: 18; Speed: 70; Critical Hit: 80
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#14 Posted: 20:48:42 09/03/2015
Wow... At first, I expecting Krypt King to be the better TM, but now that I see Short Cut..

Wow.. ;>.> He sure is op~
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#15 Posted: 21:08:05 09/03/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
Wow... At first, I expecting Krypt King to be the better TM, but now that I see Short Cut..

Wow.. ;>.> He sure is op~

Yeah, he's not only strong but he's incredibly fun to play with. Once you get the hang of his puppets (cutting the string every time you summon them) he really does make one amazing skylander!
#16 Posted: 21:19:03 09/03/2015
The only thing I like with his other path is the design of the scissors. The Puppet Master keeps some of the spikes within the blades and looks underwhelming. I know scissors can look like that, but the other path made the scissors look more deadly. Oh well love the puppets and they do spam a lot of damage on enemies. The other path would have been better if all enemies can be trapped in knots, but that's not the case.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wavesorcerer14 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4873
#17 Posted: 21:47:13 09/03/2015
Is Short Cut worth it? I'm deciding if I should get him or not.
---
"altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi."
#18 Posted: 21:58:57 09/03/2015
Quote: wavesorcerer14

He sure is worth it and my buddy Buuzer can back this up too.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#19 Posted: 03:15:37 10/03/2015
Quote: Buuzer

Okay, I will keep that in mind.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#20 Posted: 03:24:45 10/03/2015
Wow...he is a lot more then i though he would be. He is a power house....can't wait to get one...and Puppet Master is the way to go. And Scissor Stilts... smilie 200+ damage...way cool. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
#21 Posted: 03:32:49 10/03/2015
Quote: Phoenix_Lord
Wow...he is a lot more then i though he would be. He is a power house....can't wait to get one...and Puppet Master is the way to go. And Scissor Stilts... smilie 200+ damage...way cool. smilie

Best of all his Scissor Stilts is his soul gem so he will have that regardless of which path you take. I do love how the soul gems in this game are so much more useful than some of the older ones and also the damage he inflicted was 234 and 351 critical. He does so much damage in such quick pace that that is how he damages enemies. He even does 100 damage or 150 critical when he lands back down.
---
#22 Posted: 08:00:58 10/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: wavesorcerer14

I will make you a list of the trap master that you need to get, because there's the question "Short or Krypt? Kaboom or Wildfire?....."

Fire: Wildfire (Dark Wildfire)
Water: Snap Shot (Dark Snap Shot) and Lob-Star
Earth: Wallop
Life: Bushwhack
Undead: Krypt King and Short Cut
Tech: Legendary Jawbreaker and Gearshift
Magic: Enigma
Air: Thunderbolt
Light: Knight Light
Dark: Knight Mare
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#23 Posted: 14:22:43 10/03/2015
Buuzer, your contribution to the boards has been impeccable. Keep up the great work.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#24 Posted: 15:51:04 10/03/2015
^Yeah he da man smilie ...la ringrazio molto il mio amico. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#25 Posted: 16:13:38 10/03/2015
The Army of the Insane salute you, Buuzer. I now have an idea how to train Thunderbolt & Short Cut, as well as their paths. They'll make fine additions to my insane Skylander army.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#26 Posted: 18:03:16 10/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks guys! smilie I made so many path guides that cover almost all skylanders xD
---
#27 Posted: 20:04:32 10/03/2015
I made my decision.

After thinking a lot, I went with the Scary Seamster Path.

It's just that... I don't use the puppets that often, and when I do, I'm already happy with them.

Conversely, I thought that the needles had so much potential, but most of it wasn't used that much.
And this path does exactly what I want.

Now the enemies are not only drag towards Short Cut, but also gets wrapped up, and can easily be killed by the cutting frenzy.
Haven't unlocked the power that makes them explode too, but after I do, nothing will stand between him and his victory! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#28 Posted: 19:21:33 13/03/2015
Very cool! But I am curious, what difficulty level were you using to make these videos? The save I am playing is "hard" and you defeat enemies easier than it seems I can. Using other characters of course as wave 4 is not out here yet.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#29 Posted: 19:25:05 13/03/2015
this character looks more like a left over than some useful character.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#30 Posted: 11:48:01 14/03/2015
Want...... him.......... so............. freaking.........................BAD!!!!
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#31 Posted: 16:23:12 15/03/2015
Puppet Master does seem like the best to me because the puppets actually do decent damage, and the healing. Plus, the seamster path doesn't really have a scissor damage upgrade without tangling things up. Getting the bonus damage from tangling enemies probably won't work on bosses, right?
#32 Posted: 16:38:38 15/03/2015
Quote: Friendzie
Puppet Master does seem like the best to me because the puppets actually do decent damage, and the healing. Plus, the seamster path doesn't really have a scissor damage upgrade without tangling things up. Getting the bonus damage from tangling enemies probably won't work on bosses, right?

I'm on the Scary Seamster path, and I can guarantee you don't need a scissor damage upgrade.

I defeated Krankcase in a matter of seconds, a couple days ago. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#33 Posted: 18:02:46 15/03/2015
Quote: Drek95

I'm on the Scary Seamster path, and I can guarantee you don't need a scissor damage upgrade.

That's what I'm saying. Since the Seamster path doesn't give an upgrade to damage without tangling, it seems like you might as well get the upgraded minions who can heal you. Because the scissors are good enough as is.

But I would think that the Seamster path might be potentially better in some situations where a lot of enemies are on screen and you have no time to sit there cutting down puppets.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:57 15/03/2015 by Friendzie
#34 Posted: 18:19:02 15/03/2015
Quote: Drek95

That's what I'm saying. Since the Seamster path doesn't give an upgrade to damage without tangling, it seems like you might as well get the upgraded minions who can heal you. Because the scissors are good enough as is.

But I would think that the Seamster path might be potentially better in some situations where a lot of enemies are on screen and you have no time to sit there cutting down puppets.

Exactly, but remember that even if you can't tangle up some enemies, like bosses, scissors still deal a higher damage, when they are hit by the needles.

That's why I choose that path, I think his puppets are already quite powerful.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
blade430 Green Sparx Gems: 427
#35 Posted: 01:17:12 16/03/2015
Ahahahaha. 0 luck. I laughed so hard at that.
---
"And so I arrive, like a sudden windstorm at a kindergarten picnic!"
-Dimentio
dwattzdrummer Gold Sparx Gems: 2413
#36 Posted: 20:58:48 20/03/2015
Hey everyone wdrumz here to help you decide which path is the go to for Short Cut.

---
wdrumz YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wdrumz
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#37 Posted: 22:14:39 20/03/2015
Puppet Master does look better, but I can't stand minions / pets, so I think I'm going to reset mine to Scary Seamster. I like the needle and thread attack. I don't know. Tough decision. I reset Lob Star and Gusto recently and ended up liking them a lot more on the new paths.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
#38 Posted: 22:36:46 20/03/2015
I'm sort of stumped now with Short Cut. On hard/nightmare in arena or Kaos mode, he's almost useless because he has terrible range. Even most of the melee characters in Trap Team have some range. You can't really put out decent damage just with minions.
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#39 Posted: 22:47:45 20/03/2015
Yeah, I played a bunch with him last night. I went with Puppet Master and got to lvl 15 or so. I don't like minions because they are out of my control, and I don't like how he has no dash. He moves faster on stilts, but that stalls him out at the beginning and the end. Also, the stilts do good damage but you have to get super close to use them. I end up using the thread attack a lot... that's why I'm considering resetting to Scary Seamster.

I don't know. I love him aesthetically, but he is sort of disappointing to me gameplay-wise and in terms of comparative strength to a lot of the other Trap Masters.

Edit: So, I did reset my Short Cut to Scary Seamster, but it just doesn't offer enough advantages imo, so I reset him again back to Puppet Master. I'm a little better at playing with him now. I really like the pink AoE / wall thing he does and I use that a lot. He is still toward the bottom of my personal favorite Trap Masters which is really disappointing to me since Undead is my favorite element and both the Undead TMs are underwhelming to me.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:36:39 27/03/2015 by samuraituretsky
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me