darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > why is there no new stuff in north america AT ALL!?
Page 1 of 1
why is there no new stuff in north america AT ALL!? [CLOSED]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 00:58:11 09/03/2015 | Topic Creator
AU has traps + easter editions.
europe has wave 4 trap masters + spotlight and blackout.
the UK has wave 4 trap masters.

that's 3/4ths of the major areas of skylanders selling.

so the question is... WHERE IS THE NEW STUFF IN NORTH AMERICA?!

i know about port strikes... but....... http://shipandbunker.com/news/...ort-strike-over

so... where are our...

Easter editions
w4 traps
w4 trap masters
spotlight + blackout
and high five and bat spin, which have been due since january!!

maybe we should do a strike of our own... until activision gives the USA wave 4... we don't buy any skylanders. that's right. not a single dollar to them until they give us what everyone else has...
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 01:16:23 09/03/2015
They can't just unpack hundreds of freight ships in a matter of weeks.. It takes months. This probably won't clear up until the middle of May.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#3 Posted: 01:20:55 09/03/2015
I would join but what's the point of not buying anything if there's nothing to buy. You did this once and I have the same thought. A million dollar company like Activision or Nintendo going to care about 13 people. They probley will ignore this topic anyways. I can wait or order online. I can't stand waiting either but I'm not going to blame Activision or Nintendo for the lack of Amiibos or Skylanders when a accident happened. I'll pick up Fire Emblem Awakening and play it until it they are released.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#4 Posted: 01:31:57 09/03/2015
We have them, yet we don't, ZapNorris.
Right now, they're probably sitting at the docks waiting to be transported to their destinations.
Patience. After all, we did get Wave 2 before everyone else did and some countries did get all of their stock. AUS/NZ didn't have most of Wave 2 cores and MoM, but are getting them around end of the month.
There are only the items remaining:
Trap Masters-smilie, smilie & smilie
Cores-smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie & smilie. Also smilie & smilie
Minis- smilie/smilie & smilie/smilie
Traps- Spear (fire/undead), Rocket (magic/light), Sword (air/dark/life), Upside down (earth/dark/tech) & Yawn (dark/fire/life)
Not counting any specials or the singles of the light/dark Trap Masters, that leaves us with 3 new Trap Masters, 8 new cores, 4 Minis & 13 Traps.
In other words, you're going to have to wait like the rest of us in North America. Be thankful.
Brazil didn't get TT at all.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#5 Posted: 01:32:18 09/03/2015
Quote: ZapNorris

maybe we should do a strike of our own... until activision gives the USA wave 4... we don't buy any skylanders. that's right. not a single dollar to them until they give us what everyone else has...

Because a forum with a few hundred people on it not buying skylanders will make a difference to a company with a franchise making millions of dollars and millions of fans.
#6 Posted: 01:44:01 09/03/2015
Exactly, TrapShadowFan.
We, ZapNorris, are a minority. Like TSF said, we ain't going make a difference to a company that makes $$$$ of us.
If it ain't Skylanders, then it will be Destiny or Call of Duty.
---
"
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#7 Posted: 02:31:00 09/03/2015
Zap, you attempted something similar when the Light and Dark Skylanders weren't revealed as some demanded. I know I remember that topic, trying to rally users to demand the release of a set of Trap Team figures.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:44:07 09/03/2015 by Aura24
#8 Posted: 02:40:07 09/03/2015
Quote: Aura24
Zap, you attempted something similar when the Light and Dark Skylanders weren't revealed as some demanded? I know I remember that topic, trying to rally users to demand the release of a set of Trap Team figures.

I forgot he did that until this topic was made.
#9 Posted: 02:45:36 09/03/2015
Give it a break, Zap. They'll be out soon.
But I'm you'll something, like this thread, for Wave 5
---
"
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 02:52:37 09/03/2015
I'm frustrated like the rest...it's been a very odd 3 months. Not to mention sporadic shipments of released characters made finding them all the more interesting. It's your dollar. Don't listen to others. Your vote is only a minority until the majority does the same. It always starts with one voice. Until it becomes...one voice.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#11 Posted: 03:06:49 09/03/2015
My local GameStop said there's not supposed to be anything new for Skylanders until April 22nd and that's just 2 new elites. Don't be expecting anything new in the US for a good while.
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#12 Posted: 03:10:51 09/03/2015
At least you guys can find lots of Wave 2 and 3 in america. In Canada, or at least where I live in Canada, I'd be lucky to find something that isn't Water Traps and Nightmare Express Adventure Packs.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#13 Posted: 03:15:12 09/03/2015
Not really.
TRU is almost out of Wave 2 stock and hasn't gotten anything Wave 3 in some time. The only thing I saw on the racks today is 10 Gear Shift.
---
"
#14 Posted: 03:20:00 09/03/2015
Huh, guess I'm not the only one.
---
#15 Posted: 03:26:17 09/03/2015
Quote: Swap Force Fan
My local GameStop said there's not supposed to be anything new for Skylanders until April 22nd and that's just 2 new elites. Don't be expecting anything new in the US for a good while.

That may be true....for them. I knew they were going to stretch out this release due to the sheer volume of product but I think the strike is going to exacerbate this. I can see us getting more figures for this game well into the late summer here guys. It will be interesting to see how this impacts the release of #5 if anything.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#16 Posted: 03:31:48 09/03/2015
I hope the end of this strike will mean more with EVERYTHING. Honestly, Disney Infinity is the only series with stock I can truly rely on. With Skylanders and amiibo, it feels like a horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE game of chance when I go hunting.

Feels like Spyro's Adventure with less fun and three times the frustration.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:33:44 09/03/2015 by Failinhearts
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#17 Posted: 04:09:30 09/03/2015
Don't worry Zap my friend we will get our figures soon I have that good feeling they are close by. Also on a good note, I managed to bag a smilie finally and will be getting him within the 13th to 19th this month. Wish me luck I get him soon and enjoy his figure and character.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#18 Posted: 04:23:03 09/03/2015
I was thinking we would get the Wave 4 stuff near the end of March, but could they really only arrive in late April or May? :/
---
bye
#19 Posted: 04:29:40 09/03/2015
Quote: newkill
I was thinking we would get the Wave 4 stuff near the end of March, but could they really only arrive in late April or May? :/

Makes sense...they concentrate on the Easter stuff for Mar/Apr and then Wave 4 a few weeks after that? I can definitely see a mid/late April arrival. Best Buy has figure pre-order that looks like will be available before then...so I guess it will be the regular "figure out who will have what" and keep us guessing. That's pretty much the norm, though. My guess is we'll have scattered availability from "select" stores until GA in late April.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:31:24 09/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3544
#20 Posted: 05:02:36 09/03/2015
Why the heck is North America complaining? Out of all places.
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#21 Posted: 05:49:58 09/03/2015
North America is not complaining....ZapNorris is.
Like others have said...there are 100's of those fright containers to unpack....it will take time...have patience my young friend, they will get here.
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#22 Posted: 06:54:02 09/03/2015
Sorry, Europe has what...?

Spain and Italy have Wave 4 Trap Masters.
No sign of Blackout and Spotlight.

And even then, Thunderbolt and Short Cut are quite hard to find in the stores (luckily they aren't, on Amazon).

And, again, NA got Wave 2 on Day 1. And, from what I remember, Gearshift was there too.
Other countries got it after a month and a half. And still no sign of Gearshift.

I didn't say anything because I thought "Well, if they are giving them so much, now, I'm sure they will give us some more later".
And they did, apparently.

As I already said, they should have made the releases balanced since the beginning.
They didn't and this are the results.
We'll all just have to be patient.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:22:16 09/03/2015 by Drek95
FrozenLionheart Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#23 Posted: 09:31:55 09/03/2015
I have waited months for the wave 3 mini packs, which we are getting in the UK in wave 4 ....haven't complained once, as well as i had to wait a couple of months to get my hands on elite stealth elf and terrafin...after the US releases...being in europe isnt fun in general we get things far later than America...Ive ordered spotlight echo and blackout from amazon.de, as they get them before stores here in the UK by 2 weeks and its a little cheaper than what I'd be paying here too.

At the end of the day not getting certain figures first isn't the end of the world, patience is a virtue
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:38:09 09/03/2015 by FrozenLionheart
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#24 Posted: 14:26:19 09/03/2015

I support this. I will not buy any more Skylanders until Activision releases new Skylanders.

:D
#25 Posted: 14:42:41 09/03/2015
Quote: UncleBob

I support this. I will not buy any more Skylanders until Activision releases new Skylanders.

smilie

LOL. I see what u did there. smilie
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#26 Posted: 14:49:54 09/03/2015
It has been a while, but to be honest, Wave 3 snuck out right at Christmas and most of January is inventory season. Not everyone buys Skylanders the second they come out. We have gotten the new Light trap, Legendary Bushwhack, Nitro Head Rush and Love Potion Pop Fizz - so that isn't "nothing".

I'd like to see more stuff faster, of course, because I'm in the "get it right away" boat. We aren't really all that far off from every previous year though. Mid to late March for Wave 3.

I will join the "I will not buy any more Skylanders until Activision releases new Skylanders." group though ... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:51:45 09/03/2015 by defpally
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#27 Posted: 15:22:40 09/03/2015
Quote: defpally
It has been a while, but to be honest, Wave 3 snuck out right at Christmas and most of January is inventory season. Not everyone buys Skylanders the second they come out. We have gotten the new Light trap, Legendary Bushwhack, Nitro Head Rush and Love Potion Pop Fizz - so that isn't "nothing".

I'd like to see more stuff faster, of course, because I'm in the "get it right away" boat. We aren't really all that far off from every previous year though. Mid to late March for Wave 3.

I will join the "I will not buy any more Skylanders until Activision releases new Skylanders." group though ... smilie

I'll join it with no problems...

right now I have everything so I can't really buy anything.... (smilie)'
- Unreall
#28 Posted: 16:39:27 09/03/2015
I'll join it too.

Until next week, but I'll join it. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:39:44 09/03/2015 by Drek95
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#29 Posted: 17:08:53 09/03/2015
lol I'm actually glad for the delay. I have soooo many other games that are getting my $$. This delay has allowed me to catch up on my Infinity Collection as well. Thanks Activision. This port strike has screwed with my job as well as most of our inventory is imported goods. They delays go all the way back to last fall and the clean up will go well into summer. I'm thinking June July is when we'll see things get back to normal. In regards to Activision, I see wave 4 in stores right before Easter....just a hunch though no proof.
#30 Posted: 18:57:41 09/03/2015
I've got plenty of games to play while I wait for Wave 4.
And for boycotting Activision until they put out new figures? It ain't Activision's fault....not entirely.
Besides the port strikes on the West coast, they don't have the distribution power like Disney or Nintendo.
Here's my theory: Disney is notorious for overproducing stuff with little, or no, success. Prime example, the game Tron Evoltuions. Flop.
Look how much stuff they put out for Infinity and you never see their section empty.
As for Nintendo, they're playing it like geniuses. They produce figure up to a certain amount. Some sit on the racks, while others are nearly impossible to get without paying large sums of money. They've been in the gaming business for ages and know how to play the market. How much is a Villager or a Wii Fit Girl figure going for on EBay or Amazon? Probably a hell of a lot more than a Skylander figure.
Nintendo's got a hit and they're milking it for all its worth.
Infinity 2.0 dropped the ball in many ways. One, not using the entire Marvel Universe. There are more characters than just Avengers, Spider Man & Guardians of the Galaxy. Just because another company owns the movie rights does affect the rights to the comics.
Iron Fist? Really? Not that popular of a character. Very obscured.
Besides the three previously mentioned ones, I would have gone X-Men, X-Force, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Deadpool, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, etc.
I wouldn't be surprised for DI 3 they go Star Wars and give up Marvel
Two, what's the deal with the Disney Originals? They should gone beyond a lame Toy Box starter set and just do what they did for DI 1. The originals seem more like collectibles than just a poor addition to DI.
But hey, that's my opinion.
But judge for yourself. Of the three, who has the most product on their shelves?
---
"
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#31 Posted: 19:03:48 09/03/2015
Well, there's nothing we can do about it. So we all must be very patient. As for me, I've been quite busy with something else besides Skylanders.
#32 Posted: 19:22:29 09/03/2015
Quote: Insane01
As for Nintendo, they're playing it like geniuses. They produce figure up to a certain amount. Some sit on the racks, while others are nearly impossible to get without paying large sums of money. They've been in the gaming business for ages and know how to play the market. How much is a Villager or a Wii Fit Girl figure going for on EBay or Amazon? Probably a hell of a lot more than a Skylander figure.
Nintendo's got a hit and they're milking it for all its worth.

Actually, they're playing it like Activision did the first year of Skylanders: literally surprised that they don't have enough supply to meet demand. Yes I think certain figures were done in very limited quantities, to promote COLLECTOR interest, but everything else appears textbook to Acti's first year.

None of this large sums of money for figures POST MARKET does nothing to Nintendo's bottom line. Maybe the person who's able to scalp them for money is helping Nintendo by buying them by the truckloads trying to find "the next hit", but that's a fool's errand. I'm pretty sure Nintendo's bottom line is when ALL FIGURES are in LARGE quantities out there, just as Acti has since done since SSA.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:26:10 09/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
blackmass Green Sparx Gems: 101
#33 Posted: 20:53:26 09/03/2015
I can't say when or where the Easter and wave 4 Skylanders are going to appear in the a United States but in regards to the Port strike? Well, I live in Long Beach California and I'm only 5 minutes from the port of L.A and live a few blocks off of PCH(Pacific Coast Highway) and from the port of L.A up and down the coast surrounding the bay you can see cargo ships lined up offshore just stuck there in limbo unable to dock. Many have been there for some time. Odds are the missing Skylanders are on those ships floating off the coast of Long Beach/San Pedro. smilie
Happy hunting.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#34 Posted: 21:34:25 09/03/2015
Take some photos, would ya? :)

Anywhoo, there's like five people in this Skylanders boycott now. This is like, the most effective Skylanders boycott in the last four years. I bet Activision will cave any day now and we'll see new Skylanders stuff in stores before we know it.

Stand firm, fellow Portal Masters.
#35 Posted: 21:46:39 09/03/2015
Better than the 5 or more users who joined the Light/Dark boycott last year?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#36 Posted: 21:50:59 09/03/2015
skylanders facebook just posted that spotlight is here so start hunting
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#37 Posted: 21:52:18 09/03/2015
Can we get some jackets for the club? IWBANUSNCO (I Won't Buy Anything New Until Something New Comes Out) sounds like a swell logo.
#38 Posted: 21:54:31 09/03/2015
Quote: sprocketrocket

This could be sign that she's going to be released soon. Along with Blackout, Echo, and the others.

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:22:30 09/03/2015 by Aura24
#39 Posted: 22:02:00 09/03/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Take some photos, would ya? smilie

Anywhoo, there's like five people in this Skylanders boycott now. This is like, the most effective Skylanders boycott in the last four years. I bet Activision will cave any day now and we'll see new Skylanders stuff in stores before we know it.

Stand firm, fellow Portal Masters.

Anything to PO corporations, count me in. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:02:14 09/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#40 Posted: 23:21:08 09/03/2015
Quote: Aura24
Quote: sprocketrocket

This could be sign that it's going to be released soon. Along with Blackout, Echo, and the others.

[User Posted Image]

I hope she dose come. Nice find Aura.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#41 Posted: 00:02:14 10/03/2015 | Topic Creator
.....the sarcasm is strong with this thread.
#42 Posted: 00:07:13 10/03/2015
Sarcasm?

What sarcasm?

I strongly believe things will change if 5 people will stop buying Skylanders for a while.
Wave 4 (and most likely 5) will be out in a heartbeat.

Don't burst my bubbles, Zap. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me