darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > In Sky 5, Gill Grunt is most likely to be a lightcore or something...
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
In Sky 5, Gill Grunt is most likely to be a lightcore or something...
Eruptor100 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1446
#1 Posted: 06:08:24 02/03/2015 | Topic Creator
He already had a series 4 in Sky 4, and the logo of series 4 has him on it. What you guys think?
---
Stick em up!
Credit to big green
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#2 Posted: 06:16:08 02/03/2015
I think they need to consider not releasing a new version of him at all.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#3 Posted: 06:29:20 02/03/2015
Please no more Series or LC, just regular characters please!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 07:00:19 02/03/2015
Quote: Skylander3112
Please no more Series or LC, just regular characters please!

It would be a dream, but it's probably not going to happen.

They could at least stop putting S2/3/4 inside Triple Packs...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#5 Posted: 08:24:31 02/03/2015
I still don't mind all the remakes. I don't buy them but I think I prefer to it them forcing out nearly 40new charscters each year now.
Giants had too many remakes (3 for each element ) but I think I prefer its style of only 1set of new cores and Gimics ( 16 new characters in total). It made the new characters that much more special and they stood out.
I just think 40 ( if they continue light and dark, 2 cores and 2 gimics X 10) new skylanders each year now is too excessive.

they could make remakes better though, not more powerful then the originals but maybe give them different upgrade paths or something e.g. alot if skylanders have a third attack that gets a little ignored once you pick an upgrade path. Maybe add a path for that attack upgrade.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
#6 Posted: 09:04:20 02/03/2015
You know, I partially agree, and I partially disagree.

Even if I would really love 32 or so brand new Skylanders every year, there was something truly special about the 16 characters Giants introduced.

I hate how difficult they were to find, among the crowd of Lightcores, Legendaries, palette swaps and reposes, but they really felt like SA all over again (especially with the Cores).

So, as much as I would like each game to come with around 4 new characters per Element (maybe also for Light and Dark), I think I wouldn't be against a game that presents us only 16 or 20 new Skylanders, that we can easily focus on and connect with.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
gillgrunt32 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3283
#7 Posted: 09:52:35 02/03/2015
why most people not want repose or lightcores they are not required to finish the game and you dont have to but them so why does everyone make a big deal about them, i love getting them smilie i use them for the other path if there's a S2 or if there's a S3 or S4 i pick my favorite path
#8 Posted: 10:40:32 02/03/2015
Quote: gillgrunt32
why most people not want repose or lightcores they are not required to finish the game and you dont have to but them so why does everyone make a big deal about them, i love getting them smilie i use them for the other path if there's a S2 or if there's a S3 or S4 i pick my favorite path

we know their uses .

It's more that reposes basically act as shelf and wave fillers and take up store space instead of new charscters people are looking for.
And also that we are always forced to buy some reposes because they are in triple packs or stuff like the new mini buddy packs. So even if we don't want them, we always end up paying for them anyway.
---
#9 Posted: 10:49:12 02/03/2015
i agree that gill grunt, spyro, pop fizz and all the skylanders that have had one almost every year can be left without a repose but im talking Boomer, Ghost Roaster, Dino Rang they need a repose because there popular Skylanders and there's just not much more they can do with gill grunt or pop fizz anymore
#10 Posted: 10:57:32 02/03/2015
Quote: Drek95
You know, I partially agree, and I partially disagree.

Even if I would really love 32 or so brand new Skylanders every year, there was something truly special about the 16 characters Giants introduced.

I hate how difficult they were to find, among the crowd of Lightcores, Legendaries, palette swaps and reposes, but they really felt like SA all over again (especially with the Cores).

So, as much as I would like each game to come with around 4 new characters per Element (maybe also for Light and Dark), I think I wouldn't be against a game that presents us only 16 or 20 new Skylanders, that we can easily focus on and connect with.

Exactly. I also kind of think all the new charscters in the last 2 games ( they'll be like 80 once all of trap team is released) probably makes it hard to add on new features to the following game or maintain old features, e.g. As y trap team doesn't have pvp. That's a lot of characters to implement into an arena and try and balance.

If there were less new charscters I feel they could focus on game design instead.
---
#11 Posted: 11:07:15 02/03/2015
It could be, but I think most of those lacks in content are due to precise and motivated decisions.
Not all of them, but at least a good part, in my opinion

Triple Packs were AWESOME in SA.
Then they completely got them wrong in Giants, even if there were only 16 new Skylanders to collect, and kinda balanced again with Trap Team, with one repose and two brand new characters.

But they should really make Triple Packs out of brand new characters only, along with the ones including reposes or Lightcores.
I would be the first to buy them. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:27:44 02/03/2015 by Drek95
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#12 Posted: 14:04:46 02/03/2015
Quote: gillgrunt32
i agree that gill grunt, spyro, pop fizz and all the skylanders that have had one almost every year can be left without a repose but im talking Boomer, Ghost Roaster, Dino Rang they need a repose because there popular Skylanders and there's just not much more they can do with gill grunt or pop fizz anymore

I 2nd it.

5 Gill Grunts is more than enough.

Plus Spyro in a way got his 5th with Spry.

Stop the madness.
---
^ You all know it's true
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:25:38 02/03/2015 by Greeble
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#13 Posted: 14:05:59 02/03/2015
My personal theory is that Skylanders who got an Eon's Elite in Trap Team aren't going to get any more reposes.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#14 Posted: 14:25:12 02/03/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
My personal theory is that Skylanders who got an Eon's Elite in Trap Team aren't going to get any more reposes.

Please let it be true.
---
^ You all know it's true
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#15 Posted: 14:44:32 02/03/2015
Gill Grunt used to be the easily acessible powerhouse and now he's the poster child for unwanted figures. The devs really need to let him go.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#16 Posted: 14:47:02 02/03/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Gill Grunt used to be the easily acessible powerhouse and now he's the poster child for unwanted figures. The devs really need to let him go.

*cough* don't forget about Spyro *cough*
---
^ You all know it's true
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#17 Posted: 16:16:12 02/03/2015
I don't mean to sound rude, but when the heck was gill grunt ever considered a power house?
---
Dead
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#18 Posted: 16:26:10 02/03/2015
I honestly hope he doesn't come back this time. Lightcore is like one of the last things he can be and I can still find all versions of him as of now. By this point, only smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie and smilie should be given reposes since they haven't yet.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#19 Posted: 16:49:10 02/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617
I honestly hope he doesn't come back this time. Lightcore is like one of the last things he can be and I can still find all versions of him as of now. By this point, only smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie and smilie should be given reposes since they haven't yet.

I'm guessing a water Skylander fan, am i right?

I personally think the one that's been overlooked more than anyone is Boomer.

He was used to show that not all Skyland Trolls are evil and then banished to the forgotten shelf along with others.

I don't think he got a fair chance.
---
^ You all know it's true
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#20 Posted: 16:59:54 02/03/2015
I think they should hold off on any/all reposes until they (finally) create new versions of the last of the non-reposed SSA characters. Until we get a second version of Ghost Roaster, Voodood, etc., I only want to see new characters. We've had enough different versions of Eon's "elite" (not the actual GameStop figures, but Activision's "mascot" characters for each element) to choke a large elephant. They clearly listened to fans' responses regarding not wanting as many reposes but ignored the fact that we're all kind of tired of seeing the same guys over and over and over again.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#21 Posted: 17:37:10 02/03/2015
I'm still waiting for a Lightcore anglerfish Skylander to make the Water Element really shine.

Gill Grunt could make a nice Lightcore figure, maybe with the water coming out of his hose.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#22 Posted: 17:39:27 02/03/2015
I have 2 gill grunts and I never bought them directly(one from SSA and one from Blades triple pack) I have enough gill grunts and I barely use him, I use him mostly for kamakazi missions.
If there is another triple pack with a gill grunt and and a dragon, that will just be my third kamakazi pilot with a repeated path. :/

I hope there is no more gill grunts honestly. Sunburn and others need their time in the sun.
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
#23 Posted: 18:05:08 02/03/2015
Quote: Greeble

Yeah,but if Spyro stops getting toys,the Classic/LOS genwunners will show up again to judge the series as ruined because he's not on the lists anymore. He can still show up in future variations or at least be an experiement for new toy incarnations(like Minis), but Gill Grunt wasn't popular from the get go.

And I said he's an easily acessible powerhouse but the focus is on easily acessible. He's probably a lot of people's first character, and if you didn't wait or couldn't get to a store when you got the game he's probably the first to get upgrades with tons of knockback and damage.
---
#24 Posted: 18:23:31 02/03/2015

Yeah,but if Spyro stops getting toys,the Classic/LOS genwunners will show up again to judge the series as ruined because he's not on the lists anymore. He can still show up in future variations or at least be an experiement for new toy incarnations(like Minis), but Gill Grunt wasn't popular from the get go.

And I said he's an easily acessible powerhouse but the focus is on easily acessible. He's probably a lot of people's first character, and if you didn't wait or couldn't get to a store when you got the game he's probably the first to get upgrades with tons of knockback and damage.

Except Spyro will always be on the list, as long as they keep the forward compatibility. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#25 Posted: 18:37:04 02/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster617

I'm guessing a water Skylander fan, am i right?

I personally think the one that's been overlooked more than anyone is Boomer.

He was used to show that not all Skyland Trolls are evil and then banished to the forgotten shelf along with others.

I don't think he got a fair chance.

Well yeah I do like water, but the reason I say this is that characters who never got reposed should be given the opportunity next. I also agree that smilie is seriously underrated and I was quite shocked he got left out in favor of smilie and he was my first Skylander.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#26 Posted: 18:55:04 02/03/2015
It is very unlikely that we'll be getting as little new characters as giants again as Activision is making more money with more new characters compared to reposes. TBH I am sick of spyro, (I have Legendary, Dark, Series 1, Dark Mega Ram, then the others series 2, series 3, minis.) eruptor, (hate this guy and I have series 1, volcanic and lightcore) Don't mind gill grunt so much. Infact below is who I personally don't and do want to see more reposes or variants of:

Don't:

Stealth Elf - (Too many and not fun to play as imo)
Spyro - (just ugh)
Chop Chop - (Hate Him and too many)
Gill Grunt - (Because there are too many even though I don't mind much.)
Chill - (Disappointing Overall)
Jet Vac - (Too many and too boring) We've had 7 of him, variant or not, and includes minis.
Eruptor - (Nuf Said)
Grim Creeper

Do:

Double Trouble (We could always do with more from booga boo smilie) AND (Bring his royal variant, I missed out on the variant of my favorite character smiliesmilie )
Hex (She's a Beast in every way)
Fright Rider (idk but there's Something about him)
Food Fight - (Love his attacks)
Rip Tide
Lob Star (Everything about him is awesome)
Bat Spin - (Better version of Hex) (Incredible design.)
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
#27 Posted: 18:57:33 02/03/2015

Except Spyro will always be on the list, as long as they keep the forward compatibility. smilie

You give them too much credit. They were attacking skylanders fans for not accepting that Spyro was ruined forever because his name wasn't in Giants' title.
---
#28 Posted: 19:36:44 02/03/2015

You give them too much credit. They were attacking skylanders fans for not accepting that Spyro was ruined forever because his name wasn't in Giants' title.

Sure, sure, you are absolutely right.
But that goes without saying. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#29 Posted: 21:21:29 02/03/2015

Not to offend Spyro fans, but I can't help but say...

If they feel that strongly, then Spyro was "ruined forever" the moment he couldn't carry another game on his own or successfully relaunch his own franchise without the assistance of an ever-expanding cast of other heroes. (ducks, runs, hides)

smilie

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#30 Posted: 21:33:46 02/03/2015
But... Am I the only one who likes having lots of Gill Grunts?... I'd be fine if they have a S5 Gill Grunt smilie

Quote: darkchylde28

Not to offend Spyro fans, but I can't help but say...

If they feel that strongly, then Spyro was "ruined forever" the moment he couldn't carry another game on his own or successfully relaunch his own franchise without the assistance of an ever-expanding cast of other heroes. (ducks, runs, hides)

smilie

-Doug

I like Spyro better than Skylanders, but, that was a great point there smilie
#31 Posted: 21:41:28 02/03/2015
Yeah, but to be fair, DOTD definately put the final nail in the coffin. Just as Krome started to pick Spyro back up Activision just kicked them out of the dev team like outdated software and put in some guys who have no shame in setting fire to Krome's plot line and then deciding it needs to be more like LOTR. It WAS a lot like LOTR already,but the strange and quirky designs kinda set it from your usual high fantasy,only for DOTD to pull it back to gritty realism that's boring as heck.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:42:30 02/03/2015 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#32 Posted: 23:05:57 02/03/2015
Really, can we even call Skylanders a Spyro game? It's really more like a game with Spyro in it. Like Smash Bros. has Mario in it, but it's not a Mario game.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#33 Posted: 23:25:21 02/03/2015
i would love a repose from every Skylanders Except for the 8 eons elite Characters, Jet Vac, Pop fizz and because there both terrible Characters Rip Tide and Slobber Thooth
#34 Posted: 23:58:40 02/03/2015
Skylanders wasn't a way to relaunch Spyro.
SA in particular took advantage of Spyro, a well known and loved character, to launch the series, if anything.

I absolutely don't consider Skylanders as a Spyro's series.
However it has a lot of elements (starting from the atmospheres and the settings) in common with the Classic series.

I think they actually already gave him too much love, with a good backstory and the other nods (the most prominent being Cynder and Sparx).

They shouldn't really focus on any Skylander in particular (even if some references, like the Whirlwind one, in Winter Keep, are really appreciated), or, at least, on them all as a whole. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#35 Posted: 00:08:15 03/03/2015
I know about the Smash Bros. comparison, but at least most of the series in it continue on their own,or have a chance to. It's really hazy with Spyro being another IP Acti is sitting on on his own, so even having his storyline be absorbed by the Skylanders one is kinda plausible to me.

And though on main games they definately shouldn't ever let a single skylander get too much attention over others, I'm still waiting for side stories or spinoffs with a few or even only one - much like the novels or the comics. It's real fun to see them interact on a small team, and with a game they could do a lot more especially if it's one of the main dev teams(the books definately suffer from playing too safe to stick to existing lore, so imagine if I-Wei or Paul Reiche had a hand in those since they know exactly how their characters react). But it's hard to tell with the company this franchise is in, so it's just hope.
---
#36 Posted: 00:19:49 03/03/2015
I think a great way to implement those character interactions, or simply explore the lore a bit more, would be the introduction of playable backstories.

They could sorta work as Heroics, and give you stats boosts, but have the Skylander's past as settings.

I even had one idea, once, about making Legendary characters appear in their blue and golden scheme only after completing their backstory. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#37 Posted: 00:22:50 03/03/2015
I know about the Smash Bros. comparison, but at least most of the series in it continue on their own,or have a chance to. It's really hazy with Spyro being another IP Acti is sitting on on his own, so even having his storyline be absorbed by the Skylanders one is kinda plausible to me.

And though on main games they definately shouldn't ever let a single skylander get too much attention over others, I'm still waiting for side stories or spinoffs with a few or even only one - much like the novels or the comics. It's real fun to see them interact on a small team, and with a game they could do a lot more especially if it's one of the main dev teams(the books definately suffer from playing too safe to stick to existing lore, so imagine if I-Wei or Paul Reiche had a hand in those since they know exactly how their characters react). But it's hard to tell with the company this franchise is in, so it's just hope.

Agreed because the Skylanders are a huge team of heroes much like the Justice League and they even can get a decent amount of attention to each of the members for the most part. So it is very possible and there are other shows that find ways to give attention to their characters even though they seem to have an endless supply of guys like TMNT and Transformers as other examples.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#38 Posted: 06:15:11 03/03/2015
This thread needs more cowbell.

[User Posted Image]
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#39 Posted: 06:29:02 03/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
This thread needs more cowbell.

[User Posted Image]

OMG YES smilie smilie smilie
---
Spread those positive vibes
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#40 Posted: 13:10:49 03/03/2015
I'd love a new Gill Grunt, but I'm not sure how they can top his S4 Wow-Pow.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#41 Posted: 13:38:49 03/03/2015
Damn you people and your logic.

I forgot that the Dragon would still be around because of all the previous forms.

Skylanders isn't actually a Spyro game, they threw him a bone so they could reel some of his fans in and then steer them towards new characters.

In closing your honors, the dragon needs to go away at least for 2-3 games if not more because the day of the purple dragon is at an end.

I was there at the beginning and it's nice to be there at the end, it was a fun ride.

I rest my case.
---
^ You all know it's true
#42 Posted: 14:11:03 03/03/2015
even though I'd love reposed Boomer etc. boomer didn't have a popular look and prob wouldn't sell super well again to kids. It's probably why we haven't had any recent " unusual looking charscters" lately. they are all basically humanoid/elf warriors or cool dragon/pet animals.

Playing it safe by reposing a well round/likeable character such as gill grunt is just a safer bet for a repose I guess, considering they arnt ever highly sort after figures anyway.

I really do see a shift towards everything looking cute and beast like or a cool warrior guy in the TT figures when compared to SA figures these days. There did used to be more diversity I think, with guys like wrecking ball, boomer and ghost roaster in the mix. I mean Chill bill probably could've been a new skylander, just an ice version of boomer really, but we all know it wouldn't have sold easily based on its looks.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#43 Posted: 14:20:08 03/03/2015
Damn you people and your logic.

I forgot that the Dragon would still be around because of all the previous forms.

Skylanders isn't actually a Spyro game, they threw him a bone so they could reel some of his fans in and then steer them towards new characters.

In closing your honors, the dragon needs to go away at least for 2-3 games if not more because the day of the purple dragon is at an end.

I was there at the beginning and it's nice to be there at the end, it was a fun ride.

I rest my case.

I don't listen to Greebles unless you're a Greeble Heaver. I rest my case.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#44 Posted: 15:22:57 03/03/2015
Quote:
agree that gill grunt, spyro, pop fizz and all the skylanders that have had one almost every year can be left without a repose but im talking Boomer, Ghost Roaster, Dino Rang they need a repose because there popular Skylanders and there's just not much more they can do with gill grunt or pop fizz anymore

Boomer, Ghost Roaster , Dino Rang < Sun Burn and Voodood > became popular only when they became rare .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#45 Posted: 15:28:24 03/03/2015
I'm still waiting for a Lightcore anglerfish Skylander to make the Water Element really shine.

Gill Grunt could make a nice Lightcore figure, maybe with the water coming out of his hose.

I can't believe I didn't think of this before...dopeness man...dopeness.

Only issue with an Anglerfish is they are kind of 'scary' looking...talking ghost Roaster territory...
[User Posted Image]
But I LOVE the idea...
- Unreall
#46 Posted: 15:48:45 03/03/2015
Think about Ripjaw from Ben 10, but more bulky, and more Skylander-ish.

[User Posted Image]

I think it could work. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#47 Posted: 16:06:54 03/03/2015
Yeah Drek95 that could work...he would be a very cool looking Lightcore...having his lure light up.
Also make him a Giant....that way the little LED will fit better in the lure antenna....and since parts of the anglerfish are transparent they could make him sorta like Enigma by just making his hands an feet clear.

Can see it now he would look way cool. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:07:46 03/03/2015 by Phoenix_Lord
#48 Posted: 16:13:32 03/03/2015
He would make a great Giant... If only there was another, for Water.

But they might use the anglerfish idea for Dark too, since it's indeed a scary and grim looking animal, so, who knows... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#49 Posted: 21:30:16 03/03/2015
Gill Grunt's face is kinda like an anglerfish, but they could just make it with a bigger underbite for an actual skylander. Dark would definately fit for one, but only time will tell if they'll actually think of using unusual animals instead of random fantasy creature with dark green skin.
---
#50 Posted: 21:57:22 03/03/2015
Gill Grunt's face is kinda like an anglerfish, but they could just make it with a bigger underbite for an actual skylander. Dark would definately fit for one, but only time will tell if they'll actually think of using unusual animals instead of random fantasy creature with dark green skin.

Well, after all, one of Gill Grunt's early forms is actually an anglerfish-like creature... smilie

[User Posted Image]

I actually had a lot of Skylanders ideas, for Magic and Undead, that could easily be used for Dark.
Like a manticore I imagined (called Moonticore), or maybe a gorgon (even if the concept has already been used for both Crusher and Doom Stone), or even a lamia (which is a snake-witch hybrid).
The possibilities are endless. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me