Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Battle for the Haven (The Missing s third act)
Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50
Battle for the Haven (The Missing s third act) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1 Posted: 23:20:14 01/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Hello everyone! I bring you the third (and possibly) final act of The Missing s (An Animal RP). Anyone is welcome. Now then, the rules are the same as before. Now then, for those of you new, you can see the rules, the characters and even the artworks of the previous two RPs:
For the original The Missing s, click here For it's sequel, The Hunted, go here
For you new users, click the original RP to see the rules and character sheet. You can also click on the second RP to see a brief introduction of the most recurring characters. For those of you returning, do the character sheets again and update their history's information. Now then, here is the story of this third act:

The Haven then...

About a month has passed since The Hunted. Sybil, the Malabar civet and the founder and creator of the Haven, has faked her own death at the jaws of Jet, a former rival orca now working for her. Only several birds of the Haven, a few members of the orca pod, and residents of Hunted island know that Sybil is still alive, helping her friends from behind the scenes. Jet has been working as a double agent in order to know the every movement of Shadow, and antagonistic Komodo dragon who wants control of both the Haven and Hunted island, with the help of the twisted, yet intelligent mongoose, Sholeh, who both believe that Sybil is no more. Slowly, but surely, the two evil animals are taking control of the Haven, aided by the clumsy, yet loyal vulture, Warren, imprisoning the native birds of the island and every animal with sanctuary they can, threatening them if they don't follow Shadow's dictatorship. They have been successful, trapping all the warblers, with the exception of the treacherous Yodel, almost all the vigilant pelicans and a few seagulls. Rose, a Siberian tiger and Sybil's successor, is doing her best to maintain the peace, stop these villains and do what it takes to be the new leader of the Haven, giving support to those taking sanctuary to the Haven, while also avoiding the savage persecution of the evil Shadow. Animals both very hunted and/or extremely endangered are still welcome to roam either islands, only knowing that it's not as safe as it use to be. Believing that Sybil has really died, Rose will be the one greeting the new animals and warning them of the new threats, all while receiving the protection and confidence of Sayan the Amur leopard and Sybil's secret help. It is a dark time for the Haven, but the legacy is continuing. How will Rose and the others manage to free the birds? How will the newcomers handle the threat? And when will Sybil reveal herself? We will know soon enough...

The Haven now...

The truth has finally revealed! Sybil no longer needs to use a mask. In a day that was called Battle of the Haven, she along with her friends led the residents of the sanctuary into war against the treacherous Shadow. The battle was won, but with sacrifices. The brave and always helpful Ivor the badger died in battle, and Hunted island had it's losses as well. Now weeks had passed and everything is finally returning to normal. These are peaceful times, and the Haven is the safe, fun place it was suppose to be from the very beginning. All is well at last, but for how long one must wonder. The Haven residents still enjoy the peace the Haven is suppose to bring thanks to the "Impossible" current and strong wind surges that prevent humans from entering the islands, so finally, now that Shadow is finally back where he belongs, things can go back to normal...

You can see the artwork of the characters at the previous RPs. Now here's a map of both the Haven and Hunted Island with all the places of interest and the orca's ocean. Enjoy smilie
[User Posted Image]

Now then, without further ado, let's begin this continuation of The Missing s and have fun smilie smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:01:14 23/10/2015 by Felines
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#2 Posted: 00:19:29 02/02/2015
Name: Arrow
Species: Jamaican Petrel(I thought it would be nice because it's actually thought to be exticbt, but they're nocturnal so it isn't confirmed)
Appearance: [User Posted Image]
Personality: Arrow is always comparing herself to others, always trying to be the smartest, or most beautiful, or fastest, or anything like that. She isn't interested in falling in love, and she's never seen any kind of her species anyway.
Goal: To become the fastest flyer in the Haven.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#3 Posted: 00:30:43 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Excellent choice there. I congratulate you. Now then, I will wait for a few others to arrive before starting smilie
---
jennacat4 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#4 Posted: 01:36:39 02/02/2015
OOC: I would love to come back to this RP. I will try to become more active on this new one.
---
http://youtu.be/gSSUco8AzDU
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#5 Posted: 01:57:11 02/02/2015
Jaerl (Wystrel): A shy, withdrawn and solemn Peregrine Falcon. Gets in trouble often and has a huge crush on Sybil.

Royal (Wystrel): Harpy Eagle that made a pact with the mongooses. Very protective of Jaerl, and a father figure to him. Generous, compassionate and loyal, but can also be cruel and cold. Will defend Jaerl as well as anyone he cares about with his life.

Bjorn (Wystrel): A Bull Asian elephant. Extremely brave, protective, generous, caring, compassionate and loyal. Are like fathers to everyone around them.

Anvor (Wystrel): Bjorn’s younger brother. Like him, he is protective and helps his brother and the other residents in any way he can.

Ivor (Wystrel): A Badger with a very sweet nature. Lives underground. Actually the eldest of the Asian elephant brothers reincarnated. Like them, he is brave and kind towards the Haven residents.

Aerigil, or AJ: A Margay with low self-esteem.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#6 Posted: 02:07:21 02/02/2015
Name: Sayan
Species: Amur leopard [info] [more info]
Appearance: Young adult leopard [image] with some old scars resulting from prior shock collar usage and abuse from the humans
Personality: He is cautious and is a tad solitary at times. Due to prior experiences, he is not very fond of the humans and has developed some trust issues as a result. However, he has since shown himself to be a trustworthy individual and someone who will do anything to protect those he considers his friends. He has become protective of the young tiger known as Rose.
Goal: Prior to his first stay at the Haven, Sayan was held in a zoo along with a female named Milena. They were potential mates, though the humans limited their interaction. For unknown reasons, she developed an life-threatening disease. Their caretakers tried to help her, but there was nothing they could do. They kept the two separated and Sayan was forced to watch as Milena suffered through the disease. One day the humans injected her with something and she slowly fell asleep... never to wake-up again. Sayan suddenly felt alone and blamed the humans for her death. He remained at that particular zoo 'till the humans decided to transfer him to another zoo. This is when he took his chance and escaped to the Haven. He hoped to find another of his kind, so that he may no longer be alone. However, he felt unsafe and out-of-place. Thus, he decided to leave and return to the mainland of Russia. He survived in the wild for a bit 'till he got captured. It was then that he was sold to some wealthy Russian as an exotic pet. He was caged, collared, mistreated, and abused. Our of pure desperation, he escaped to an orca and returned to the the Haven for a second time. Promising to never again leave the haven, he had his collar painfully removed and tried to emotionally recover at a secluded pond deep within the forest. Finding that couldn't do it alone, he later reviewed himself again and shown himself to be a great aide in the troublesome matters that occurred soon after. As a second "Hunted" island was discovered and a villainous Komodo known as Shadow presented himself, he defended the tiger known as Rose. Later, events made it necessary for him to become almost a bodyguard for a time and he grew to care for the young striped feline. After Sybil had faked her death and Rose had become her successor, he not only had to help protect a dear friend but also the new leader of the Haven-- and the only hope for the Haven's future.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#7 Posted: 02:20:48 02/02/2015
ooc: Be sure to update the rules. And remember everyone Me and Felines are the GMs.

Rose: A young and shy Siberian tiger. She's a little more of a smart mouth sometimes and she's adventurous. She is brave when protecting her friends. Often thinks about her mother. She is Shadow's main target and future leader of the Haven.

Jet: Lacks strength, but is cunning. Was the leader of the orca pod, before voluntarily returning the position to Cairo. Was an antagonist working for Shadow, but had a change of heart due to Sybil's kindness.

Shadow: A Komodo Dragon and main antagonist. He wants to conquer both islands and get revenge on Rose. He delights on torturing and taunting others, as well as eating.
---
SC
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:39:22 02/02/2015 by Spyroconvexity
#8 Posted: 02:31:56 02/02/2015
I guess I should post my characters again?

Kona: An island fox with a good attitude, can be curious but also shy at times. (Female)

Thunder: A polar bear. He lives in the mountain, and is willing to help out if needed. (Male)

Kallik: a pacific degu that likes to be on her own and mostly stays away from the larger animals. (won't be using her quite as much as the other two) (female)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:25:53 02/02/2015 by jennacat4
#9 Posted: 02:51:21 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Perfect. Very good so far. Now then, I will give my character sheet on the most recurring characters. (Note that Sybil has passed from main protagonist to deuteragonist). And I almost forgot to mention, new users will be able to control some of my character, as you can see in the Hunted, they are a lot. This is just in case you don't have any idea what animal to choose. PM me if you have someone in mind. Just remember to keep their personalities smilie

Name: Sybil
Species: Malabar civet
Appearance: See either artworks (she is currently in disguise, so her appearance changed a lot. Wait for the next artwork for her new appearance)
Personality: She is very firm and stubborn, but also ongoing and sweet when she needs to be. She is most of the time under a lot of stress due to the situation on her beloved Haven. She is also much more mature and open-minded than before, and she is also much more intelligent, learning a lot of things from her now closest friend, Whirlpool the Wombat.
Previous Goal: To protect and prepare Rose for the better leadership of the Haven. Also to maintain Shadow, Sholeh and whoever is on their side under the impression that she has died and try to stop them under her new disguise.
New Goal: To protect the Haven and all of it's residents now that her cover is blown.

Name: Sholeh
Species: Ruddy mongoose
Appearance: See the second artwork
Personality: After witnessing Sybil being eaten by Jet, her demeanor went from vengeful to eerily pleasant, though she is still a little bitter due to still have to live in the Outback. She is also very bossy, being mean to almost everybody (especially Warren) except Shadow.
Previous Goal: To recover her home, turned into a Haven by Sybil and have Rose eliminated so that there won't be any successors. Also, to help Shadow rule all.
New Goal: To have things her way and try to live with the rules of the Haven now that she is allowed to live at the forest.

Name: Warren
Species: Red headed vulture
Appearance: Wait for the artwork
Personality: Warren is a very insecure and clumsy vulture, with low self esteem and a desire to be accepted. After Sholeh was being "nice" to him when they met, he has ever since been loyal to her, even acting as a flying steed. He had also developed some feelings for her, even though she is not nice and always criticize his clumsiness.
Previous Goal: To be accepted and to please Sholeh and Shadow in any way he can.
New Goal: To fit in in the Haven and be friends with everybody, despite Sholeh's protest. Also, to keep the stubborn mongoose away from trouble.

Name: Yodel
Species: Warbler
Appearance: See the first artwork
Personality: He is a bitter warbler, always avoiding his comrades interactions and wanting to be as far away as Rose as possible. Despite his harsh exterior, there is a very tiny caring side him, a side he hasn't shown in a very long time.
Previous Goal: To help Shadow and Sholeh imprison all the native birds of the islands, as well as living the solitude he so much misses.
New Goal: To live in solitude and make Rose's life miserable whenever he has the chance.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:39:18 03/06/2015 by Felines
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#10 Posted: 15:06:46 02/02/2015
Name: Speckles
Species: Lion's Hill Velvet Worm
Appearance: (see first artwork)
Personality: Paranoid, unstable, and spontaneous. He's very untrusting of people, although sometimes he'll accept someone after a long enough time.
Goal: N/A

Name: Skaliscin
Species: Black-Capped Centipede-Eater
Appearance: (first artwork)
Personality: Careless, rude, and often mischievous to the point of harming others. She does care about the creatures of the Haven, but it rarely shows.

Name: Voracivenom
Species: Black-Capped Centipede-Eater
Appearance: (first artwork)
Personality: Helpful and positive. He knows a lot about other animals and they places they come from, and often acts as a tour guide for new residents.

Jaeger (see second artwork): The calm and tactical leader of the dingoes. Despite his pleasant and polite demeanor, his goals are quite clear: eliminate the dangerous and treacherous "trespassers" of the island. His kind have partnered with Shadow for Rose's destruction.

OOC: I'm really sorry for being inactive during the last act, but a lot of stuff was going on the past six months. I promise to be more active this time, plus I have a few tricks up my sleeves involving my characters' absence.
#11 Posted: 16:35:22 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: It's OK Waaksian. I understand. You post when you can. Don't try to be active just to please me smilie
Alright then, here are the rest of my characters. With the exception of Sybil, Sholeh, Mambo, Yodel and Cairo, ask me if you are interested in controlling one of the characters:

Name: Cairo
Species: Killer Whale (Orca)
Appearance: See the first artwork
Personality: He is the humongous leader of the orca whales. He is very protective of his family, as well as maintaining his crush on Sybil. While he is just a big softie deep inside, he can't sometimes hide the jealousy he feels of Sybil and Jet's closeness.
Goal: To have Sybil pay more attention to him and maintain his territory free of sharks and any other unwanted animals, especially rival orcas like Jet use to be.

Name: Mambo
Species: Kea
Appearance: See first artwork
Personality: He is the happy-go-lucky leader of the kea parrots, always wanting to have a good time and occasionally playing pranks. But despite his carefree demeanor, he has a huge sense of responsibility, and knows when to get serious. Has a soft spot for Rose, and wants to help her any way he can, which is why he moved his whole family once again from Hunted island to the Haven.
Goal: To help Rose stop Shadow and the others from keep imprisoning the native birds, as well as being vigilant in case they get targeted as well.

Name: Cole
Personality: He is Mambo's bulky bodyguard. Unlike him, he is very serious most of the time, but he can be nice. He is very stern, but never mean.
Goal: To protect Mambo, Rose and to keep his sister Cheryl out of trouble

Name: Cheryl
Personality: She is quite bitter and hates his brother's overprotectiveness. Despite having a little more freedom than before, she tends to get into trouble easily

Name: Barloc
Species: Cockatoo
Appearance: See second artwork
Personality: He is very firm and quite vengeful. He despises predators above all else, as well as someone threatening. He is the leader of Hunted island, and the one who allows it to be used as a second Haven. His hate for predators comes from a traumatizing experience, but despite that, he is slowly but surely learning to accept Rose and the rest of the predatory residents
Goal: To keep his family safe and help the Haven residents, as well as keeping Sybil hidden from them

Name: Kali
Personality: Unlike her husband Barloc, Kali is very polite and much more accepting of predators, as long as she knows they mean well. She is usually the voice of reason among the cockatoos, and is sometimes above her husband
Goal: The same as Barloc's

Names: Angus
Personality: He is very cautious and nervous, but can also be mischievous. He is often misled by his cousin Nia
Goal: Being Barloc and Kali's nephew, he wants to get their approval, even though they already view him as a son. He also wants to beat his fears after losing his father (Barloc's brother) to a predator

Name: Nia
Personality: Unlike her cousin, Nia loves danger, and when she sets her mind of something, she wants to get her way no matter what. She loves to play with Jet and admires Sybil greatly, and wishes to be like her someday
Goal: As Barloc and Nia's daughter, she has responsibilities ahead, but all she wants is to be carefree, and brave and intelligent as Sybil

Name: Whirlpool
Species: Wombat
Personality: Nothing much to say. He is very nice. Due to his dialect problem, he can't speak much. Despite that, he is a genius, and come with a lot of medicines and solutions to some of the most hardest of situation
Goal: to keep Sybil hidden, as well as coming up with medicine and substances that could help Haven and Hunted residents

Name: Peepers
Species: Warbler
Appearance: See the second artwork
Personality: He is a wise middle-aged warbler that is very welcoming and patient of Rose's leadership. Despite being trapped in a chain like the rest of the warblers, he still provides moral support for those he can
Goal: To get free and help Rose ith the responsibilities of the Haven

OOC: Whew, that was a lot. As you can see, many characters, few users. There are still a few characters, but they are secondary and rarely appear, which is why I will leave those users who can't think of a character of their own to control one of the existing ones.
---
#12 Posted: 17:04:10 02/02/2015
((I could probably do Cheryl.))
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#13 Posted: 18:20:01 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Perfect. Now copy the character sheet and she's all yours smilie
Now then, this will be my last post showing the characters. The RP should start soon. If that is all that are going to post for now, either me or Spyroconvexity will start...
---
#14 Posted: 20:25:39 02/02/2015
ooc: I'm going to start off!

Rose was pacing on Memorial Beach near Sybil's memorial she was trying to figure out a way to free the birds. "I can't believe I let this happen." She looked at the blue sky. "Sybil I really need you. Please send me a sign or something. I don't know what to do."
---
SC
#15 Posted: 21:08:03 02/02/2015
"Don't worry. It wasn't your fault.," Sayan said looking at Rose. The Amur leopard looked at the memorial and back at the tiger. "That stupid lizard is getting smarter and harder to anticipate. But... but we'll find a way. We have to.," he then said.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:11:07 02/02/2015 by redwes
#16 Posted: 21:16:26 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
At Hunted island, Sybil was pacing around the beach, with her well stuck costume and her exposed fur, black with carbon. It has been a month now since that fateful day she put her plan into motion, and after escaping the stubborn Royal, she knew it was the time to lend a hand.
"This is it Whirlpool. All the birds of the island, and Rose most of all, need me. I'm done hiding. Under this new persona, I'm going to help." Sybil said determinedly, with her body getting full of adrenaline. She has seen her reflection many times, and she was unrecognizable. But there was one problem... her voice. However, even though she tried to disguise it too, it was too noticeable that she was faking it. That could prove problematic, but thankfully, the always reliable Whirlpool had the solution; a fruit. It was quite sour, and it irritated the vocal cords of the one who took it, for three to five hours, changing the voice of those that consumed it.

On his way to Hunted island, was Cairo, the leader of the orcas. Sybil needed transport, and even though she initially wanted Jet to take her there, she had noticed how jealous and bitter the orca boss had become with her relying in Jet so much. She knew that Cairo had too many responsibilities with his pod, but even so, he didn't want to be forgotten or cast aside in terms of helping her. Even though he already accepted his former rival into the pod, he was indifferent to Jet for Sybil's appearant preference of him.
---
#17 Posted: 21:26:33 02/02/2015
"I know but I feel I could of stopped all of this." Rose said.
---
SC
#18 Posted: 21:38:10 02/02/2015
"Shadow has many allies and you had just lost a dear friend. There is no way you could have anticipated any of this.," Sayan said looking down.
---
#19 Posted: 21:38:15 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Soon, Cairo arrived, content that Sybil asked him and not Jet to take her there, to the Haven.
"Miss Sybil... man, I still can't get over that disguise." Cairo expressed, seeing Sybil like that before and not even recognizing her, which meant that it was indeed a perfect disguise.
"Alright now Cairo. No time to lose. I need to see the birds. There must be something I can do." Sybil said, sounding desperate. Knowing that Sybil needed to be hidden, Cairo opened his mouth to carry her there. While traveling inside waiting to arrive at the Haven, Sybil thought of something... an orca was too big. It called too much attention, and if Rose or anybody else saw him and wanted to speak with him, it could jeopardize the stealth. She only hoped that time nobody wanted to speak to him, at least until she could think of some other way to arrive at the Haven...
---
#20 Posted: 22:52:22 02/02/2015
Rose saw Cairo arriving and wondered why. She walked over to meet him. She was wearing one of Sybil's favorite flowers behind her ear. "Hey Cairo! What is this sudden visit here?"
---
SC
#21 Posted: 23:18:11 02/02/2015
Kona was asleep. She was just waking up from a long nap...
---
#22 Posted: 23:27:02 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh no. Sybil said in her mind, recognizing Rose's voice. She felt proud, since even though it was her, the voice was deeper, meaning that she grew. However, just as she feared, Cairo was summoned, and by Rose to make things worse. Cairo could try to hide her under his tongue, but that would muffle his speech. And there was no way he would swallow. He didn't want to be like Jet. So thinking fast, he smothered his lips, acting as if he ate something sour and couldn't speak, hoping Rose would fell for it...
---
#23 Posted: 23:31:28 02/02/2015
"Oh eat something that doesn't agree with you? I understand. But one thing before you go why for the sudden visit?" Rose said.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:31:54 02/02/2015 by Spyroconvexity
#24 Posted: 23:53:07 02/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo paced around, trying to make Rose believe that he was simply pacing around in order to forget about the flavor. In the meantime, Sybil wondered how Cairo was getting out of that one...
---
#25 Posted: 23:56:15 02/02/2015
"Oh I see. Well I'll leave you alone." She then walked away. She looked back at him. She thought she smelled someone familiar but couldn't tell who. She then continued walking.
---
SC
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#26 Posted: 00:03:26 03/02/2015
Jaerl has been hiding away in Sybil's old home. He is very sick. Ever since Sybil's death he has been eating less and less. With Sybil's death, the Haven has gone into choas, with Rose trying to keep it together.

The elephant brothers have been caring for Sybil's memorial and protecting Rose. Sybil's death has left their fighting spirit almost in ruins. Still they try to be strong for the others in Haven.

Ivor is away currently gathering food for himself.

I, Aeriji, have become lost in the outback. I wander aimlessly searching for a route back. After a while of searching I collapse exhausted against the trunk of a tree.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:26:26 03/02/2015 by Wyrstel
#27 Posted: 00:18:21 03/02/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: You should have PM me first before doing that with Ivor smilie

Quote: Spyroconvexity
"Oh I see. Well I'll leave you alone." She then walked away. She looked back at him. She thought she smelled someone familiar but couldn't tell who. She then continued walking.

Cairo was more than relieved when Rose left. Making sure that she was pretty far away, he then swam away, to the hidden rocks where Jet left her after that fateful event.
"Whew, now that's a relief. It's a good thing you didn't had to resort to swallowing to keep me hidden." Sybil said in form of a joke, but Cairo was not amused.
"That is not funny miss! I would never resort to such a coward method like Jet. Never!" Cairo said angrily, still hating Jet for doing such a thing.
"Cairo, please, I beg you. We already talked about this. He didn't have a choice. And besides, I'm fine. That grass was quite the miracle." Sybil explained, still a little terrified thinking on how that would have go along if she didn't thought about that grass at the perfect time.
"Listen, this is no time for bicker. You must leave before somebody sees you." Sybil said, forgetting to thank Cairo for bringing her there. This offended him a little, but he retreated nonetheless. Sybil meanwhile, used the cover of those big rocks to enter the forest, hoping to find a tree with some of the trapped warblers and analyze the situation...
---
#28 Posted: 00:32:46 03/02/2015
OOC: I have a question, what is Sybil's disguise?
---
#29 Posted: 00:44:27 03/02/2015
Arrow flew around the Haven, occasionally stopping to swoop down and race the few birds that were still there. 'I may be new here, but I'm going to be the best flier and the fastest!' she thought. 'Nobody can beat me!'
---
#30 Posted: 02:41:42 03/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: jennacat4
OOC: I have a question, what is Sybil's disguise?

OOC: It's a little hard to describe, but I'll try my best. The head is covered in a wodden mask that covers everything but her ears. There is an additional piece of wood covering her chest. The body is covered by two pieces of wood that attach a leaf surrounding her. The rest of her body is uncovered, and the fur is all black, painted by coal so that her particular spots won't give her away. Oh, and you should know that her ears went from a little pointy to almost perfectly rounded.

Sybil searched cautiously, and approached a tree where a mother warbler, along with her two young daughters lived. Se climbed up, but the family didn't recognized her at all.
"What the... who are you? What are you?" the mother asked nervously, never seeing anything like it. Not all the birds knew she was going to he in disguise. Sybil wondered if she should tell her identity, but decided not to in case somebody was spying. Plus, she wasn't going to believe her with the change in voice.
"Calm down madam. I'm here to help." Sybil answered, in a voice so deep it sounded like a male. She then proceeded to examine the rope and the strange substance. The knots were very well done indeed, and that stuff was too slippery to try to loose them. It was quite a predicament. No wonder anybody was able to do something about it...
---
#31 Posted: 10:00:44 03/02/2015
"Sayan come with me. Time for our dally checkup on the birds." The first tree she was going to was the one Sybil was in.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:18:46 03/02/2015 by Spyroconvexity
#32 Posted: 10:02:29 03/02/2015
"Right.," Sayan said not wanting to think about the poor birds. He proceeded to to walk beside the tiger.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:02:50 03/02/2015 by redwes
#33 Posted: 10:24:14 03/02/2015
Soon Rose reached the tree Sybil was in. When she looked up she saw an unknown animal. "HEY! What are you doing to them?!?"
---
SC
#34 Posted: 12:12:12 03/02/2015 | Topic Creator
"Oh darn." Sybil whispered, not wanting to be discovered that soon. However, she had a lot of faith in her disguise, her scent wasn't the same and even the voice was different. So she proceeded to answer Rose.
"Hmm... so you are the child who is running this place? Quite fantastic. I heard that you have quite the a Komodo dragon problem. The rumors weren't kidding. These poor birds need help." Sybil answered, in at deep, male-like voice. Rose seemed a little bigger than the last time she saw her, and she seemed to be doing alright, especially with Sayan on her side. She really seemed that she has moved on quite wonderfully. If only she knew that wasn't true for everybody...
---
#35 Posted: 14:32:33 03/02/2015
Kona woke up. She lifted her head sniffing the air. She jumped up and wandered out of the bush she was sleeping in. A brown bird zoomed across the sky above her. Well, Kona had been... A bit lonely lately so..."Hey! Wanna race?" The island fox barked at the bird, while chasing after it.
---
#36 Posted: 17:36:33 03/02/2015
Arrow dived to a stop, landing a couple of feet in front of the fox. "Sure! Let's race!" she chirped excitedly. "Prepare to lose! Where's the start and finish lines?"
---
#37 Posted: 20:34:22 03/02/2015
"I know they need help but those vines are very strong. Who are you?" Rose asked.
---
SC
#38 Posted: 22:24:00 03/02/2015 | Topic Creator
"I'm... Matthews." Sybil answered, choosing her new name after the kind human caretaker she had many years ago.
"Well then child Rose, this is quite a predicament. Certainly such a complex job like this couldn't have been done by a Komodo dragon alone. I heard he has allies." Sybil said as she examined the chain, pretending she didn't know about Sholeh or Warren, otherwise Rose could wonder how does she (he) knows so much...
---
#39 Posted: 22:49:01 03/02/2015
Well Matthews you've done your research. Tell me how do you know so much?" Rose said. "No new resident could know that much."
---
SC
#40 Posted: 22:57:06 03/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Sybil thought about that detail even before Rose asked that question. She only hoped she could be convinced.
"Well, that's because I'm not a new resident. I'm actually from this island, though very far away from this part, and there were too many rumors of a Haven in this part that was in trouble." Matthews explained in the calmest, gentlest voice.
---
#41 Posted: 23:03:32 03/02/2015
"Oh? Well I need all the help I can get. What can you do to free them?" Rose said.
---
SC
#42 Posted: 23:12:49 03/02/2015 | Topic Creator
"Well, this stuff is going to need much more than water to wash itself. However, I think we can skip that part. There must be something on the island that we can use as a saw, something that will avoid us from biting it." Matthews expressed, looking at the claws and realizing they were not strong enough. Without Sybil noticing, the mother warbler was staring blankly at her, though it was hard to tell if it was admiration to a stranger willing to help or that if she was finding something too familiar in this new visitor's demeanor...

OOC: If you're wondering how Sybil got on the tree when Sayan and Rose couldn't, it's because after noticing the quicksand in the trunks, she climbed another tree and jumped to the other one without a problem, since she's lighter and there is less risk of a branch breaking when she lands. Sorry I didn't explain that before smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:13:35 03/02/2015 by Felines
#43 Posted: 23:15:13 03/02/2015
Kona wagged her tail. "One second, slow down. What's your name? I'm Kona!" She inspected the bird. Kona had never seen anything like it, perhaps it was a Missing.
---
#44 Posted: 23:21:10 03/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Cairo was still near the Haven's beach, waiting for Sybil to ask for help once more. He wasn't going to let Jet have all the glory. He didn't realized it yet, but he was starting to be more and more irresponsible with the pod trying to approve to Sybil.
---
#45 Posted: 23:26:06 03/02/2015
Ooc: I thought so.

"I could cut them myself with my claws but I can't climb up there. But I think I know where to get a saw like thing." She then went to a nearby beach and saw some Saw Fish bones on the shoreline. She grabbed the head part and brung it back. "Will this work?"
---
SC
#46 Posted: 23:38:58 03/02/2015 | Topic Creator
"I can't hurt to try." Matthews said, as he jumped from that tree to another and climbed down to grab the saw. Rose could have thrown it, but it wasn't probably going to reach. After taking it, it was once again up from tree to tree and use the saw. It seemed to be working for a while, but then, the sticky stuff on the chain trapped the sawfish bones too.
"Oh great! The saw got stuck. This is going to be harder than I expected." Matthews complained, believing that could have worked. The sticky stuff probably got stronger after a month of being there.
"I'm sorry child, but the saw won't work. I need to get part of this stuff home to see if there is something that can wash it off." he said, as he picked part of that substance with the tail.
"Oh, but home is so far away. If only I could swim across the other side to make my journey shorter..." Matthews then said, pretending to not know that orcas were allies and maritime transport...
---
#47 Posted: 23:42:34 03/02/2015
"There are orcas that can help. Follow me!" Rose said.
---
SC
#48 Posted: 00:20:07 04/02/2015 | Topic Creator
"Orcas? You mean you have Killer Whales at your service? Sweet!" Sybil exclaimed, pretending she was just an indifferent Matthews that was still learning things about the Haven. However, as they waked, she was curious to know how Rose was taking in all of her new responsibilities, and also her loss.
"So... child. I heard there was a previous leader of this Haven. I just saw the memorial earlier. A civet I believe it was... what happened?"' she asked, wanting to know hoe Rose would handle the answer. Sybil believed that she was going to be asked that a lot by future members of the Haven.
---
#49 Posted: 01:20:20 04/02/2015
"I really don't like to talk about it. I'd rather not tell you. But one thing I can tell you Jet another orca caused her death." Rose said as she looked down.
---
SC
#50 Posted: 01:31:34 04/02/2015 | Topic Creator
"Another orca? And you still trust them? You still rely on them?" Matthews expressed, sounding like he was about to criticize, but said something amazing.
"Wow child, you are so cool and brave. Really now, whoever that civet was, chose wisely." he said, praising Rose big time. Another thing Sybil was curious about was to know how Rose treated Jet.
"I thought for sure that the Komodo dragon was the cause of the civet's unfortunate departure. So, where is this Jet fellow? Did you punish him or something? Why would he do such a thing?" Sybil asked, wanting to put Rose to the test and see how much she has mature from the last time she saw her...
---
Page 1 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me