Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Why do you come here? [CLOSED]
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3336
#1 Posted: 22:31:39 30/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I know I am probably known for being a giant goof around the forums but I wanted to make a serious topic.

What's the reason you come to this site? For me it's because I have fun here with all the shenanigans that occur and it provides me with this new world when I am bored. Not much more to it than that.

But what about the rest of you?
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Windbringer Ripto Gems: 10
#2 Posted: 22:37:21 30/01/2015
I wait for a new Spyro game. I keep coming back because this community is positive, and it somewhat gives me hope, since they still acknowledge the character. I believe that there is still a chance that would bring Spyro back to his former glory, that someone will show off his fame. I believe that there is a chance for him to come back to what he once stood for, even if the damn thing's fictional. We like fictional entertainment because it draws us from the painful realities of our real world. What we have to suffer through with physical pain will never exist here or in the games.

That's why I come back. I keep waiting for that day of destiny. I keep waking up hoping, "This will be the day." It's over-wishful thinking, but some things are worth fighting for. We fight, and we fight, just to survive and live a happy life. Why shouldn't we get that happiness today? What's so bad about today? Why not now? Is it too dark? The future is always bright. There should be no excuse. I know that this might seem a lot to take in, but this was what made me go into video games. Losing this franchise is like losing a tradition, and that's like losing a best friend.

I hope that we can finally have that day of flight. I hope that we can finally have that day of suspense, that day that we can have the suns blaring in our eyes like it wants us to believe that the darkness is defeated. I'll be waiting for that day, and when it comes, I'll be ready.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:52:39 31/01/2015 by Windbringer
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#3 Posted: 22:40:10 30/01/2015
I've been doing it for nearly 3 years and it's practically habitual. It is a pretty nice forum though. And it was the first forum I joined so I guess it does mean something to me.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#4 Posted: 22:40:35 30/01/2015
It's like my second home..
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#5 Posted: 22:40:52 30/01/2015
Give me entertainment and so I can speak with my friends.
---
My life is complete.
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 9179
#6 Posted: 22:43:02 30/01/2015
I've made a few good friends here, and it gives me something to do when YouTube and video games won't cut it.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#7 Posted: 22:57:41 30/01/2015
My friends. I've met a lot of really cool and fun people on here and the topics amuse me. I also learn a lot about the outside world from this forum, giving I don't watch the News like...ever. smilie
Mostly, chatting with the friends I've made on here.
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9338
#8 Posted: 23:22:27 30/01/2015
Why do you come here? Theif?

To tell you about Spyro?
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#9 Posted: 23:23:51 30/01/2015
i dont know why,plz send help
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#10 Posted: 23:24:16 30/01/2015
4 the money
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10455
#11 Posted: 23:25:41 30/01/2015
Why do I still log on here in darkSpyro? That is the question. After almost eight years I have never cracked that code. Well… I could give you some thoughts about my reasons. I must apologize to you all because this message basically covers my history here as well.

The first reason is my inaugural start around here. I was in my teen years when I joined this site and I had an urge to join community that shared the same core passion with me which was Spyro the Dragon and the character’s franchise. I joined and immediately felt that this place was worth of being in. So the reason to log on here is that I do not want to lose that connection to that young teenager I once was. It is part of my identity.

So, to add to my opening paragraph, I must say that the content itself has been intriguing to me. The topics about different aspects of Spyro universe attracted me in a way that I couldn’t get from any other place in internet or in real life. But in late 2008 my motivation to post and visit started to descend slowly and steadily. So I didn’t post for a while and I think that I eventually needed that break to improve myself as a person and as a dS member.

After I had my hiatus and decided to give contributions in the second half of 2012, I found the flame again. Since Skylanders became a huge thing, I didn’t feel the gamer connection to this place anymore but I have realized that my priorities have changed. I realized a new thing that really made me to decide to stay here.

My main reason is this community and, more specifically, its people. You provide perpetual entertainment to me whether it is meaningful argumentative conversation or non-conversation in spirit of Stuff & Nonsense. I enjoy to hear stories, I like to know how people are doing and how are they solving their problems. The reason for that is mainly because I feel that I can learn from this place eventually. This site is combination of entertainment and substance which I haven’t found somewhere else which is either sad or good. As I have earlier told, I find it positively tragicomic and I am completely fine and ok with myself about that philosophy.

To sum this up, the reason why I come here is because this site and its community has become noticeable part of my identity. I’ve heard that this place has been called as a disease or an addiction that one cannot get rid off, but I’d rather live and suffer with this illness than to live without and lacking of important content in my life. Even though this place is data in internet universe this place feels to me more real than many of my pretentious school communities where the feeling of belonging is highly manufactured.

So that is what I think. Carry on people. It was nice to write this and open up my mind for once.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6683
#12 Posted: 23:40:51 30/01/2015
Um...i guess for some sort of entertainment.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#13 Posted: 23:44:55 30/01/2015
I come here because I can be me without being judged.

IRL,I nearly always pretend to be something I am not except among one friend.I feel like I will be judged for something I like and the majority dislike.

Also while I would consider many of you friends,you are also strangers and I happen to be able to open up to strangers a lot more easily then people I have known my whole life.

I also have a **** ton of fun here.

You wanted a serious topic,I gave you a serious answer.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Windbringer Ripto Gems: 10
#14 Posted: 23:47:01 30/01/2015
Quote: Project_Unnamed
Why do I still log on here in darkSpyro? That is the question. After almost eight years I have never cracked that code. Well… I could give you some thoughts about my reasons. I must apologize to you all because this message basically covers my history here as well.

The first reason is my inaugural start around here. I was in my teen years when I joined this site and I had an urge to join community that shared the same core passion with me which was Spyro the Dragon and the character’s franchise. I joined and immediately felt that this place was worth of being in. So the reason to log on here is that I do not want to lose that connection to that young teenager I once was. It is part of my identity.

So, to add to my opening paragraph, I must say that the content itself has been intriguing to me. The topics about different aspects of Spyro universe attracted me in a way that I couldn’t get from any other place in internet or in real life. But in late 2008 my motivation to post and visit started to descend slowly and steadily. So I didn’t post for a while and I think that I eventually needed that break to improve myself as a person and as a dS member.

After I had my hiatus and decided to give contributions in the second half of 2012, I found the flame again. Since Skylanders became a huge thing, I didn’t feel the gamer connection to this place anymore but I have realized that my priorities have changed. I realized a new thing that really made me to decide to stay here.

My main reason is this community and, more specifically, its people. You provide perpetual entertainment to me whether it is meaningful argumentative conversation or non-conversation in spirit of Stuff & Nonsense. I enjoy to hear stories, I like to know how people are doing and how are they solving their problems. The reason for that is mainly because I feel that I can learn from this place eventually. This site is combination of entertainment and substance which I haven’t found somewhere else which is either sad or good. As I have earlier told, I find it positively tragicomic and I am completely fine and ok with myself about that philosophy.

To sum this up, the reason why I come here is because this site and its community has become noticeable part of my identity. I’ve heard that this place has been called as a disease or an addiction that one cannot get rid off, but I’d rather live and suffer with this illness than to live without and lacking of important content in my life. Even though this place is data in internet universe this place feels to me more real than many of my pretentious school communities where the feeling of belonging is highly manufactured.

So that is what I think. Carry on people. It was nice to write this and open up my mind for once.

Ho, ly, ****. That is one great mother of a speech.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#15 Posted: 23:49:22 30/01/2015
Quote: Windbringer

A lot of his posts are like that. It's not a bad thing, just figured I'd let you know.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#16 Posted: 23:51:18 30/01/2015
Quote: Windbringer

Yes Project_Unnamed is like....well I can't describe it but whenever (s)he posts I get all fan-boy like.He is an inspiration and a model DS user.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12375
#17 Posted: 00:31:07 31/01/2015
i get some good chuckles from this site sometimes
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#18 Posted: 00:53:08 31/01/2015
Quote: spyro and sonic
I've been doing it for nearly 3 years and it's practically habitual. It is a pretty nice forum though. And it was the first forum I joined so I guess it does mean something to me.

Same here.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#19 Posted: 01:01:13 31/01/2015
For SCIENCE, of course! ^.^b
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#20 Posted: 01:18:14 31/01/2015
I love the Skylanders series and this place has become one of my second homes.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#21 Posted: 01:32:29 31/01/2015
I get bored a lot and this place just gives me something to read. The way it looks doesn't make me cringe like reddit does
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5569
#22 Posted: 01:34:30 31/01/2015
I get on here because other stuff gets boring after a while. Except for Chima Online, but now it's become frustrating.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#23 Posted: 01:35:52 31/01/2015
I come here to find info on Skylander waves, and read some video-game related topics.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#24 Posted: 01:37:23 31/01/2015
I have met so many wonderful friends here. Everyone has their own way of being themselves and I truly love talking with all my friends. It's my second home and when I'm lonely or if I just need to smile or laugh, my friends are always here when I need them. ^.^
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3286
#25 Posted: 03:10:53 31/01/2015
Because I love the community, its like a second home. I have a lot of fun on here and going here can cheer me up when I'm sad. The users are friendly (mostly) and it helps me get away from the **** in life and let me be myself, and there is always something to read and to do here. Plus, i like skylanders can find info here.

I love darkSpyro.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8741
#26 Posted: 16:32:36 31/01/2015
[User Posted Image]
- - -
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#27 Posted: 03:34:09 01/02/2015
Just saying that you could call my avatar Freddy the second.
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
#28 Posted: 03:35:41 01/02/2015
Well you see, every time I post on this forum I actually get a bj. I don't care for any of you but at least I get a bj.
#29 Posted: 03:40:51 01/02/2015
Quote: somePerson
Well you see, every time I post on this forum I actually get a bj. I don't care for any of you but at least I get a bj.

Please tell us your secret about getting that for every post!?
---
#30 Posted: 03:42:22 01/02/2015

Well you see, when I was born I was cursed into this world where every time I post on this site someone gives me a bj.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#31 Posted: 03:44:03 01/02/2015

Well you see, when I was born I was cursed into this world where every time I post on this site someone gives me a bj.

Is there a way for me, or other users to gain this curse?
#32 Posted: 03:45:05 01/02/2015

You lucky, lucky bas... man... WellI guess that it can be either curse or blessing. It is up o you to make that judgment.
---
#33 Posted: 03:45:22 01/02/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael

Is there a way for me, or other users to gain this curse?

Nope I am the only one as of right now.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#34 Posted: 14:37:21 01/02/2015
I feel almost as if I have an obligation to, a long while ago I said to myself that I would stay on this forum until it eventually closes. I've really grown attached to this place and even if I stop posting for a bit, I'll always come back. This was the first forum I really became a part of, and the community is like no other.

I made myself a promise back in 2012, and I'll make sure I'll follow through with it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me