darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Image of Vicarious Visions Employees Playing the Next Skylanders?!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Image of Vicarious Visions Employees Playing the Next Skylanders?!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#101 Posted: 21:21:49 13/01/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: Aura24
Looks like a spin-off game, like Battlegrounds and Lost Islands.

Agree (if that's the name, "Baa-ttle Flag" definitely doesn't sound like a main-console game title) and, I remember to you that Trap Team for tablet has quite awesome graphics, so, that doesn't mean much.

And usually the main console games are named after a new group of Skylanders, like how they named the previous titles "Trap Team", "Giants", and "Swap Force".
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#102 Posted: 21:28:56 13/01/2015
Looks like a spin-off game, like Battlegrounds and Lost Islands.

Agree (if that's the name, "Baa-ttle Flag" definitely doesn't sound like a main-console game title) and, I remember to you that Trap Team for tablet has quite awesome graphics, so, that doesn't mean much.

And usually the main console games are named after a new group of Skylanders, like how they named the previous titles "Trap Team", "Giants", and "Swap Force".

Also true, the name suits perfectly a spin-off smartphone app.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#103 Posted: 21:32:12 13/01/2015
If this is a first person shooter spin off, that'll be pretty amazing . All the characters you can see in the screens are ranged attack fighters mostly so it makes sense .

I don't know if it'd be a tablet/phone exclusive game coz i think you really need a controller for this type of shooter to make it good and a shooter would definitely sell better on a console then devices ecspecially for 4 player. And really if any of you played plants v zombies garden warfare (awesome simple online co op shooter, cheap too) this feels similar.

It's about time skylanders starting branching out , they have soo many characters designed its a waste not to do anything with them.

ALSOTHE WEIRD GREEN CHARACTER ON THE LIFE TEAM SCREEN LOOKS LIKE ZOOK USING HIS CACTUS BARRIER

Quote: wild_defender
If this is a first person shooter spin off, that'll be pretty amazing . All the characters you can see in the screens are ranged attack fighters mostly so it makes sense .

I don't know if it'd be a tablet/phone exclusive game coz i think you really need a controller for this type of shooter to make it good and a shooter would definitely sell better on a console then devices ecspecially for 4 player. And really if any of you played plants v zombies garden warfare (awesome simple online co op shooter, cheap too) this feels similar.

It's about time skylanders starting branching out , they have soo many characters designed its a waste not to do anything with them.

ALSOTHE WEIRD GREEN CHARACTER ON THE LIFE TEAM SCREEN LOOKS LIKE ZOOK USING HIS CACTUS BARRIER

Although I spose it could make sense for device only if they made it work through the trap team tablet starter pack with the portal and controller , you'd just have to download the game app. It certainly would help them sell more trap team tablet packs this late in the run.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:53:29 13/02/2015 by TTD
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#104 Posted: 21:52:11 13/01/2015
If there were a brand new Skylanders console game, wouldn't there also be new figures and maybe a new portal?
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#105 Posted: 22:00:54 13/01/2015
It looks like a 'capture the flag' type of game with the sheep acting as the flag.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#106 Posted: 22:06:45 13/01/2015
I hope it's not a mobile game...
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#107 Posted: 22:08:27 13/01/2015
I think it might be a big release of the first computer game (other than SSA PC)
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#108 Posted: 22:20:00 13/01/2015
There's no doubting that the character on the second screen is Food Fight.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#109 Posted: 22:22:03 13/01/2015
I see two smaller pictures on the side of the first screen, implying that there could somehow be a way to switch characters without toys?

Left looks like ?Chill? and right is Punk Shock,
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:22:22 13/01/2015 by Badwolfmichael
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#110 Posted: 22:32:16 13/01/2015
This could be a Mini Game mash up sort of game, like Mario party. There is a bunch of different Mini-games that allow you to use you're skylanders without having your skylanders on the portal all the time. Its multiplayer is much larger than the previous games and it could allow online play!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#111 Posted: 22:32:56 13/01/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: Mesuxelf

Um, Trap Team has the best graphics so far.

That isn't what she meant she meant that even though the picture is not very clear it still looks like the game has really good graphics similar to that of SSF's and STT's.

I'm male.......

Sorry I had thought Arua had said that, I miss read the quote.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#112 Posted: 23:05:35 13/01/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Smash Bros. 4 has fantastic online and a MASSIVE amount of content. Mario Kart 8, while lacking a few things, has very good content and pretty fun online. I feel your taking it over board.

He's right though. Sometimes online takes away resources. Rocksteady has specifically stated that the reason Batman Arkham Knight won't have online is because it would be a waste of resources and would take away from the main game.

Mario Kart 8 is still unbalanced in terms of characters and itemization (though it's far far superior than the mess Wii was)

All that content in Smash 4 stinks though and let's be honest, the online isn't really all that great outside of For Fun mode. For Glory is just Sakurai misunderstanding competitive play by making every stage Final Destination instead of an actual balanced stage like Battlefield. Classic Mode is a pain to get through and you have to pay money in order to play on higher difficulties and all that does is make the AI more likely to read your inputs or the game to screw you over with stage hazards. Target Blast is just Angry Birds lite. Smash Tour is a huge, un-fun mess. All Star is poorly balanced with certain AI attacks having more knockback and KO power. Event mode doesn't feel as fun or varied in events as Melee.

Though the problem with Smash 4's content isn't because resources went into online it was because the 3DS ruined development of the Wii-U version. When they announced that Ice Climbers was cut because the 3DS couldn't handle it, I knew the Wii-U version wasn't going to be as good as it should've been.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
gillgrunt32 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3283
#113 Posted: 23:26:20 13/01/2015
i dont know if anyone has brought it up yet but the Game's logo Doesnt have any Element Symbols on it like it does in other games
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#114 Posted: 23:35:09 13/01/2015
Tittle looks like Team Flag to me.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Eruptor100 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1446
#115 Posted: 23:35:43 13/01/2015
Quote: gillgrunt32
i dont know if anyone has brought it up yet but the Game's logo Doesnt have any Element Symbols on it like it does in other games

This could mean... Gasp! More new elements!

Sheep element guys!
---
Stick em up!
Credit to big green
#116 Posted: 23:39:46 13/01/2015
Quote: Eruptor100

Sheep element guys!

.... *sigh* Someone isn't observant.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Eruptor100 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1446
#117 Posted: 23:44:43 13/01/2015

Sheep element guys!

You know I was joking right?
---
Stick em up!
Credit to big green
#118 Posted: 23:47:22 13/01/2015

Sheep element guys!

Who are you "sighing" at?
#119 Posted: 23:52:28 13/01/2015
I thought it was obvious, seeing as how I quoted the comment I'm talking to.
---
#120 Posted: 23:56:12 13/01/2015
Ok.

I hope the new Mini Game/ New Game has online Support Heaps of Different Modes
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#121 Posted: 00:00:34 14/01/2015
Sheep are taking over skylands
[User Posted Image]
Hugo was right all along!
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#122 Posted: 00:50:02 14/01/2015
Then... what about ERMIT?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#123 Posted: 00:54:25 14/01/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

Skylanders 6- cloud warfare
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#124 Posted: 01:05:26 14/01/2015
On one hand, I'm excited about the idea that Skylanders might be branching out and having spin-offs again. Seriously, if there's one thing that Skylanders would be perfect for, its spinoffs. The fact that the characters themselves save data is too perfect for the concept. They should be able to have all sorts of adventures, not the same ones time and time again.

On the other hand, this looks like a shooter. I really, really don't like shooters. *shudders, mumbling something about Agent 9 and ninja Rhynocs* Sad, since I'd really like to support Skylanders spinoffs if I could, but I wouldn't want this one. Oh well, hope this is a real thing and that it succeeds. It might actually breathe new life into the franchise if Activision realizes the potential.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#125 Posted: 01:08:04 14/01/2015
I know folks are frothing at the mouth a bit over this, but companies do internal game jams a lot. It's a way of trying out new ideas and experimenting, as well as having a bit of fun. There's more chance that the stuff in this image will never see the light of day in any form than there is of it actually being part of any kind of future Skylanders game. So don't get too excited or too depressed.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#126 Posted: 01:10:16 14/01/2015
Wow folks are more excited for this and Trap Team has only been out for two months. I always got a good sense that VV LOVES their job--as a result I'm sure the final result will be spectacular.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#127 Posted: 01:13:19 14/01/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley
I know folks are frothing at the mouth a bit over this, but companies do internal game jams a lot. It's a way of trying out new ideas and experimenting, as well as having a bit of fun. There's more chance that the stuff in this image will never see the light of day in any form than there is of it actually being part of any kind of future Skylanders game. So don't get too excited or too depressed.

That makes sense considering the Crash Bandicoot poster turned out like that.
#128 Posted: 01:22:19 14/01/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Wow folks are more excited for this and Trap Team has only been out for two months. I always got a good sense that VV LOVES their job--as a result I'm sure the final result will be spectacular.

We are always excited and interested when there is something new.

Do I have to remember you the night Trap Team was revealed...? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#129 Posted: 01:27:11 14/01/2015

i agree. trap team is just more of the same and skylanders 5 looks to be different.a real game-changer not a fake one like
(COUGH kaos COUGH doom COUGH challenge)overall sky5 is looking pretty great
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#130 Posted: 01:27:39 14/01/2015

Excited is one thing, this is a whole different think. For example listen to the first 3 seconds of this video to show how excited it was about Trap Team.

---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#131 Posted: 01:38:10 14/01/2015
Quote: skylandersspyro

i agree. trap team is just more of the same and skylanders 5 looks to be different.a real game-changer not a fake one like

Noone said this was Skylanders 5
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
#132 Posted: 01:42:19 14/01/2015
Quote: Iganagor

it might be but im thinking this is a mini game in skylanders 5 and they made the logo for fun because it sounds like a mini game than a mobile game.the name for sky5 is most likely about the latest gimmicklanders....
---
#133 Posted: 01:43:13 14/01/2015
Quote: ninja9351

Excited is one thing, this is a whole different think. For example listen to the first 3 seconds of this video to show how excited it was about Trap Team.

Well... Maybe I wasn't that excited, when Trap Team was revealed...
MAYBE...

But, yes, I understand this is a different thing.

We don't even know if this is Skylanders 5 yet everyone is excited.
That's not the power of V.V., just like it wasn't the power of TfB that made us so hyped about Trap Team... No... That's Skylanders' power! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#134 Posted: 01:43:42 14/01/2015
Hey now that I look at it we get a camera to move around hope there is no bad camera issues.who else do you think will be in this game. as for no Skylanders toy maybe this is still being worked on so now portal or this is what you get if you have no skylanders to play as
---
POPSMARTS!
#135 Posted: 01:46:41 14/01/2015

it might be but im thinking this is a mini game in skylanders 5 and they made the logo for fun because it sounds like a mini game than a mobile game.the name for sky5 is most likely about the latest gimmicklanders....

If there is any.

I honestly hope not, unless it is something truly mind-blowing.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#136 Posted: 01:49:19 14/01/2015

I can tell you I was genuinely enthusiastic about Swap Force. I was meh on Trap Team. Last two games have been along a too similar track (ie the first two games). Time to break new ground in the game itself or I will be another Mr. Grumpy. They've not paid the software any service and I'm overrun with toys.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:50:02 14/01/2015 by GhostRoaster
#137 Posted: 01:49:24 14/01/2015

If there is any.

I honestly hope not, unless it is something truly mind-blowing.

i argue gimmicklanders are annoying
---
#138 Posted: 01:57:20 14/01/2015

I can tell you I was genuinely enthusiastic about Swap Force. I was meh on Trap Team. Last two games have been along a too similar track (ie the first two games). Time to break new ground in the game itself or I will be another Mr. Grumpy. They've not paid the software any service and I'm overrun with toys.

I ask myself... What if this won't turn out good...?

What if all this "game-changing" mentality actually ruins the game, instead of improving it...?

I want a Skylanders game.
Nothing different.

There are other games for that.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:59:59 14/01/2015 by Drek95
#139 Posted: 02:08:20 14/01/2015
Is anyone else dissapointed that VV is making this game because of what they did with the horror that is swap force?

I loved Ermit. He was my favorite NPC
#140 Posted: 02:10:46 14/01/2015
Is anyone else dissapointed that VV is making this game because of what they did with the horror that is swap force?

swap force wasnt bad you just need to grow and know its not TFB
---
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#141 Posted: 02:13:29 14/01/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
Quote: vinzclortho37
I'm hoping this isn't an indication that Skylanders 5 will have online multiplayer. If it does, I'm out of the Skylanders game. Immediately.

Online multiplayer is the worst thing to happen to gaming since, well, ever. It sucks resources from the single player side of things, and it allows for gamers to overlook shortfalls on story, innovation, gameplay, etc. because, hey, who cares about the single player if we can play another pointless, recycled online deathmatch, right (sarcasm)?

Nothing signifies the death of a game or franchise like smashing online multiplayer into the package, whether or not it makes a damn bit of sense with the game in question. With resources diverted to some stupid online functionality, I guarantee that #5 will not only be the worst of the franchise, it will kill off the fanbase. Some will leave because we know how bad online multiplayer is for franchises and we won't want to see the carnage, others will drop when the main game turns out poorly... and it will, I promise you. We are already losing people to franchise fatigue, and a bad game will be just the excuse they need to stop caring completely.

Skylanders, to me, is a game that is defined by its characters. I love the collecting and hunting for the newest toys, but the game itself sees its strongest point in the characters. They all have different looks and powers. They all have clever little backstories and they all fall seamlessly into the concept of an ever-expanding army of warriors gathered to protect the lands they love. Online multiplayer would strip all this right out. It will become another generic game where which character you choose doesn't matter anywhere near as much as an itchy trigger finger and the ability to be racist, sexist and homophobic over an online mic. Strong characters and story is the antithesis of online multiplayer, and one cannot exist in the same space with another. If Skylanders adds online, it will simultaneously lose whatever heart and soul it has built up to this point.

So, yeah, this really saddens me. If drags me even further down to see people excited for online multiplayer, as they don't seem to realize what they will be giving up for a game mode that is pointless and doesn't fit with the series.

I don't want to sound condescending, if I come off that way, I apologize - its not the intent.

Are you crazy? Have you actually looked at the AAA titles with heavy multiplayer like CoD? Yes resources go to multi-player, but I'd wager that more resources are actually spent on the 'no one plays this' single player experience. They hire actual ACTORS.

And not even going THAT far, you do realize that while you'r bashing the multi-player experience, the reason so many resources go towards it is because *gasp* PEOPLE LIKE IT. If you go back and check this forum, I'd wager 9/10 people have asked for online multi-player at some point in the series. NOTHING adds more replay value than 'adding more people'.

And to sort of 'bash' Skylanders - you mention the individuality of the characters, yet - at least to me, Spyro is Ryu, High Five is Ken, Dro-Bot is Akuma, etc. The game is FILLED with like 100 characters, but only like 10 actual powers, just mixed and matched onto characters who have 'interesting backgrounds'...that are NEVER EXPLORED OR MENTIONED IN THE GAME. Frankly, outside of going to a web-page, I can't tell you SQUAT about any characters backstory, it's actually pretty irrelevant. Call a spade a spade, Skylanders is a kids game, it is not deep, and you get out of it what you want to get out of it. The game and series won't be worse for wear by adding in multiplayer options. Not only is the big brother to all of this Activision, who have been doing multi-player games as long as anybody, but I have to ask, what resources would be lost by looking at multi-player? The game is now at the "no FMV" point, the plot isn't exactly "Shaw Shank Redemption", realistically most of the level of effort is tied into level design and new figures.

And hey - most multi-player is BASED off EXISTING single player maps/levels

So calm down about the possible addition, it's not going to 'hurt' anything. Frankly they could give us a brand new game with NO new characdcters and a lot of us would be happy.
- Unreall

So you don't want to sound condescending, but you then go on to intentionally be condescending? Good one.

Anyway aside from wanting to point that out. I am hopeful that if this is anything that's going to see the light of day, that it's a new form of PVP game within Skylanders 5.

Now please excuse my ignorance, I only play Skylanders and don't play any other console games at all. So I don't understand how online multi-player works. So on the off chance that S5 does have multi-player, I assume that I can still play it by myself as a single player offline? Nothing personal but I don't really feel the urge to play the game with any of you.

That being said it would be tempting if my fully upgraded, done all their quests and HC Skylanders were as powerful as they should be compared to one that's simply been leveled up and upgraded. It would be tempting to pit mine against other people's. And it would be fascinating to see who you other guys and girls would choose as your go to Skylanders, given that some of you love some Skylanders that I find hard to use or downright lame.

Also I assume that if online is available that there doesn't have to be any communication between players? Making it more kid safe and eliminating the concern about people being racist, sexist etc over their online mics? Given that it is a kids game.

Are my assumptions correct?
#142 Posted: 02:13:54 14/01/2015

No, that would be too much.

As I already said a lot of times, in my opinion SWAP Force is far from being a terrible game.
It's just... Well, too far from what a Skylanders game should be.

That being said, I'm already taking in consideration a change in the art and design style, a nerf of most of the old Skylanders and excessive focus on game modes and extras, rather than the main Story and core gameplay.
Happy to be wrong.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#143 Posted: 02:18:02 14/01/2015

What if all this "game-changing" mentality actually ruins the game, instead of improving it...?

Nothing different.

Good for you. So if they break new ground, you can always play any of the first four games RIGHT NOW and get exactly that. I want them to get a little more daring. Want more scroll shooters? More gates? More hats? More story scrolls? More story chapters? Not I. And I'm ok either way. I have a response for either approach they take. Only one will warrant a purchase, though.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:20:17 14/01/2015 by GhostRoaster
#144 Posted: 02:19:07 14/01/2015

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. No skippable dialog, 30+ seconds of loading screens for one level, Rufus greeting you and taking up like 2 minutes of your time every time you switched on the game, 40 minute long levels, terrible story (that's an opinion), Cartoony-like graphics, etc.
#145 Posted: 02:22:04 14/01/2015

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. No skippable dialog, 30+ seconds of loading screens for one level, Rufus greeting you and taking up like 2 minutes of your time every time you switched on the game, 40 minute long levels, terrible story (that's an opinion), Cartoony-like graphics, etc.

I thought I liked Swap Force style length, but after playing Trap Team...TfB hit the sweet spot on chapter length. Graphics have good and bad to them--there's annoyances in TfB graphics for me as well. There's no accounting for taste.
---
#146 Posted: 02:23:48 14/01/2015

Nothing different.

Good for you. So if they break new ground, you can always play any of the first four games RIGHT NOW and get exactly that. I want them to get a little more daring. Want more scroll shooters? More gates? More hats? More story scrolls? More story chapters? Not I. And I'm ok either way. I have a response for either approach they take. Only one will warrant a purchase, though.

Sure, I want that too, but... How far will they be able to push the innovation before it is no more "Skylanders" and becomes something else...?

I have faith in V.V., I think they learned from their mistakes, and understood what they can and cannot do.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#147 Posted: 02:24:03 14/01/2015
[User Posted Image]Quote: Mesuxelf

Oh god not Rufus.....
---
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#148 Posted: 03:14:45 14/01/2015
Swap force did have a lot of good points too ..
like a lot of things yo do after the story was done . Extra mission maps, extra challenges. Even if they were all pretty mini gamey.
Also had a lot more things to buy/ do with your money in the shop .
And I really liked that the legendary treasures actually did something , give universal extra armour or experience.
Also adding health increases to some hats.

Sadly these things weren't continued at all in trap team.
Hopefully sky 5 will be a combination of both trap and swaps good points
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
EnderBlazeMC Gold Sparx Gems: 2001
#149 Posted: 03:25:04 14/01/2015
The name is Skylanders Baa-ttle Flag.
---
SSC Vehicles 5/32 Figures 6/31 Trophies 0/4 STT TM 5/25 M 5/19 T 9/60 C 3/28
SSF S 6/25 C 10/42 LC 0/8 SG G 4/12 C 17/42 LC 1/8
SSA C 10/37
#150 Posted: 03:37:57 14/01/2015
Baaaaaaa
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
First | Previous | Page 3 of 8 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me