Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What Skylanders Do You Ship? (Love shippings, friendship shippings, whatever)
Page 1 of 1
What Skylanders Do You Ship? (Love shippings, friendship shippings, whatever) [CLOSED]
Fossildude747 Red Sparx Gems: 60
#1 Posted: 03:15:46 21/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey guys just curious in what skylanders you ship, can be from any skylanders game.

I can remember that I ship the following, will tell you guys more when i remember though:

Terrafin x Hex (wierd I know)
Fright Rider x Hex
Chop Chop x Hex
Spyro x Cynder (Of course)
Stealth Elf x Flameslinger

Friend Shippings (they are good friends):

Dino Rang and Terrafin
Wrecking Ball and Hot Dog
Bash and Terrafin
Bash and Dino Rang

Parental Shippings (Related to one another):

Tree Rex (Dad) and Stump Smash (Son)

All I can remember right now, which ones do you ship?
---
Hey there! Feel free to pm me if you wanna chat!

Keep in mind I have never played any of the original spyro games and probably never will.
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#2 Posted: 03:50:43 21/12/2014
Roller Brawl x Jet Vac <3
#3 Posted: 04:32:43 21/12/2014 | Topic Creator
These are some interesting shippings.

Here's one that came to me as a friendship shipping, btw please put if its a love shipping or a friendship shipping, because i cant tell if cynder and flashwing and zap and camo are love shippings or friend shippings (just because they are the same gender doesnt mean ppl dont ship them)

Friend shipping:

Whirlwind x Sonic Boom
---

Keep in mind I have never played any of the original spyro games and probably never will.
#4 Posted: 04:38:56 21/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Oh, sorry! Cynder X Flashwing is a "love" shipping (I've never actually heard of friendship or parental shippings before)

I also ship
Chop Chop X Stealth Elf
Whirlwind X Ghost Roaster
Fright X Rider
Skyro X Chill

I've heard of them, thanks for clearing that up! smilie
---

#5 Posted: 04:48:26 21/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Lol I was wondering what happened there.

By the way, adding to my last post, I've heard of Friendship shippings, but i made parental shippings up smilie
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:56:07 21/12/2014 by Fossildude747
#6 Posted: 05:05:53 21/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynderfan507
Oh, as for parental shippings, idk if it counts, but when I got Thumpling, I always thought that Sunburn and Whirlwind would be sort of like his parents (not actual parents, but they'd treat him like he was their son).

Yeah like adopting him, i know what you mean.

I mean most people would say thumpback is his father, same with other minis, which is obvious. I don't know who else plays with the figures, but if i get any minis they will be the kids of their adult versions for sure. Just thought i'd share smilie
---

#7 Posted: 05:19:53 21/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Fossildude747
Oh, as for parental shippings, idk if it counts, but when I got Thumpling, I always thought that Sunburn and Whirlwind would be sort of like his parents (not actual parents, but they'd treat him like he was their son).

Yeah like adopting him, i know what you mean.

I mean most people would say thumpback is his father, same with other minis, which is obvious. I don't know who else plays with the figures, but if i get any minis they will be the kids of their adult versions for sure. Just thought i'd share smilie

I didn't have Thumpback when I got him though smilie
When I did get him, I decided that he was Thumpling's uncle.

Cool, it's interesting to see fellow ppl that play with the figures and what role the skylanders play in it since their personalities are different from the game when i play with them usually.

About my Terrafin x Hex shipping, when i first got the first game, i always made terrafin go after hex and she rejected him lol. Although i still see them together for some reason, keep in mind my terrafin's personality when i use him as the figure is different than in game.

Anyways back on topic.
---

Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#8 Posted: 17:27:32 21/12/2014
...I don't get OOC shippings but hey, I don't get half of fanfic weirdness most of the time.

Hex by the supplementary material is the snarky loner since she's lived at least a few centuries and is implied to have no living relatives, so it's hard to think of her to ever bother with romance when she's more entertained by doing assorted heroism or spell researching.

On actual things I might ship,hm... Wow, after the first game I stopped shipping anything seriously. But I did use to ship Spyro and Flameslinger for reasons only 2011 me remembers and Drobot and Magna Charge for a very brief period for reasons only 2013 me knows.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#9 Posted: 22:26:21 21/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
...I don't get OOC shippings but hey, I don't get half of fanfic weirdness most of the time.

Hex by the supplementary material is the snarky loner since she's lived at least a few centuries and is implied to have no living relatives, so it's hard to think of her to ever bother with romance when she's more entertained by doing assorted heroism or spell researching.

On actual things I might ship,hm... Wow, after the first game I stopped shipping anything seriously. But I did use to ship Spyro and Flameslinger for reasons only 2011 me remembers and Drobot and Magna Charge for a very brief period for reasons only 2013 me knows.

Well, my shippings are based on the personalities i create for them when i play with the figures.
---

StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#10 Posted: 02:11:36 25/12/2014
Whirlwind X Sunburn
Cynder X Spyro(of course)
Sonic Boom X Blades
Flameslinger X Stealth Elf
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#11 Posted: 11:14:45 26/12/2014
Love Shippings:
Spyro x Cynder
Whirlwind x Blades
Sonic Boom x Sunburn
Stealth Elf x Flameslinger
Fright Rider x Hex
Zap x Echo
Spotlight x Blackout
Bash x Flashwing
Punk Shock x Riptide

Friend Shippings:
Spyro and Sparx
Gill Grunt and Punk Shock (based on her backstory)
Hot Dog and Funny Bone
Trail Blazer and Knight Mare
Eruptor and Pop Fizz and Jet-Vac and Slam Bam (they're always seen together in trailers)
Mini Jini and Shield Shredder (based on an experience I had in my game where my Mini Jini was dying so I quickly switched to Shield Shredder to protect her)
Spyro and Deja Vu (based on a scene from the comics)
High Five and Sparx
Wild Fire and Golden Queen (after her capture/redemption)
Lightning Rod and Thunderbolt

Family/Mentor Shippings:
Every Mini and their bigger counterparts (I see some as parent-child and some as siblings)
Hot Head and Eruptor
Krypt King and Chop Chop
Tree Rex and Stump Smash

Rivalry Shippings:
Spyro and Gusto (he resembles a gnorc)
Spyro and Fryno (he resembles a rhynoc)
Hot Dog/Funnybone and Scratch
Any bird Skylander and any bug Skylander
Hex and Wrecking Ball
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#12 Posted: 13:28:26 26/12/2014
LOVE BIRDS
spotlight x funnybone [wierd i know]
Echo x blades
Stealth elf x flamslinger
Chill x Bush whack
Cynder x Spyro
Knightmare x Knightlight
Punkshock x riptide
Wallop x Headrush
Gearshift x Jawbreaker
Hotdog x Scratch
FRIENDS!
Treadhead and Fryno
Spyro and sparx
Flipwreak and Batspin + highfive
Wildfire and goldenqueen
Funnybone and Hotdog [were Gay but broke up]
Lightning rod and Thunderbolt
FAMILY
Hot head [dad], Eruptor [kid] and Hotdog [dog]
Enigma,Doubletrouble and Batspin
Kryptking and chop chop
Spyro and spry
Minijini and Ninjini
Fryno and smallfry
Eruptor and weeruptor
Jetvac and petvac
Whirlwind and breeze
Thumpback and thumpling
Gill grunt and gill grunt
Tree rex and barkley
Stealth elf and whisper elf
Terrafin and terrabite
Bash and Bop
Hex and hijinx
Eyebrawl and eyesmall
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#13 Posted: 19:51:52 29/12/2014
So, this isn't so much about shipping in the fandom sense but about general relationships between characters whether romantic or otherwise?

Well then, let me tell you why it would be so cool to have Snap Shot and Wolfgang have some sort of crossing in their histories.

Okay, so from what little the bios tell us about these two characters, we know the following from their lives prior to Trap Team;

Snap Shot; Grew up in some swamp, decided to fight evil along the way, went exploring when he'd caught all the local monsters, learned hunting from wolves and archery from elves, got promoted to Trap Master leader probably a long while after that.
Wolfgang; Was human, fell in love with a woman, tried to impress her and others with his music, it failed epically, he became a werewolf, he joined up with the Golden Queen and other Doom Raiders probably a long while after that.

There's definitely ways to intertwine those histories. Maybe after Wolfgang became a werewolf he went to look for ways to get vengence by calling on the wolves for their methods (you know, since he's now basically a wolf). And with this abuse of their skill, it drew the ire of Snap Shot who was dedicated to using that skill for heroic purposes, so their rivalry is more personal than just being different sides of the chess board. I mean, they use their sword-like weapons in similar ways, even sharing a very similar air slash (which I didn't know Snap Shot had until I accidentally pulled it off while fighting...uh, Wolfgang). And that would not have been the elves teaching Snap Shot that.

If I may go further, even promotion materials seem interested in putting the two at loggerheads. The discovery trailer had them duking it out, and the comics have a scene where Wolfgang's attack on the Skylanders is put to a stop due to Snap Shot's intervention. You'd think that the leader of the Trap Masters would be parred with the leader of the Doom Raiders logically speaking, but him and Wolfgang are far more evenly matched, and a shared history would only justify that even further.

PS I still headcanon Camo as gay and Dino-Rang as female-leaning bi, amongst other Skylander orientation headcanons. Because that's more what the OP asked for, kinda.
---
Eh.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14 Posted: 17:56:00 11/01/2015
Zap and Echo
Blades and whirlwind
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#15 Posted: 23:28:56 12/01/2015
Stealth Elf x Hex has been my Skylanders OTP from the start. :)

Other ships I like:
Stealth Elf x Cali
Whirlwind x Cynder
Chill x Torch
Fright Rider x Flameslinger

Edit: I dreamed last night that Knight Mare and Spotlight were a canon ship and it was kind of incredible. I am so doing art of these two when I can!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:56 17/01/2015 by Razz
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#16 Posted: 03:33:26 22/01/2015
lob starxecho because i can dream
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#17 Posted: 05:57:17 22/01/2015
Oh, for friendship shipping I love grumpy, big-sister Hex putting up with pesky Trigger Happy. Hex and Cynder as forever bropals is a favorite friendship, too. :)
#18 Posted: 11:39:56 22/01/2015
Hex and Cynder's sismance is pretty much canon, since the extra material implies Cynder is the only person Hex is ever willing to put up with (though the situation usually asks for Zook which she definately doesn't), and Cynder is also known to be no-nonsense.
---
#19 Posted: 19:22:13 22/01/2015
I got that impression from Hex and Cynder's bios. Was it expanded upon in the books or comics, then?
#20 Posted: 19:39:29 22/01/2015
Quote: Razz
I got that impression from Hex and Cynder's bios. Was it expanded upon in the books or comics, then?

The writers play it waaay safe(never mention it directly or even allow any kind of chit chat between characters that isn't about the plot), but it's all but confirmed. Cynder is the only one which identifies with Hex's issues on being accepted(or at least properly respected) by people and who tries to reason with her while everyone else just thinks that the 'evil all along ' theory was right during the sorceress' bluffing in Weather Wizard, and in the Book of Elements: Life and Undead, they're always before or after each other though they don't share a story. However, it's definately unclear if they even hang out together because of Malefor since Hex is said to have banished him a good few centuries ago,while Cynder definately isn't half of a century year old by the way she talks. But then again, the canon definately is unclear on ages and anything surrounding Malefor,so hopefully the IDW comic will get that fixed.

Thoooough, there is reasoning for a relationship between Hex and Trigger Happy, he IS the only one that made her laugh for a long time even if it was by the way of shooting Slam Bam in a very unfortunate spot.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8554
#21 Posted: 21:22:23 22/01/2015
I hope people realize that they're essentailly shipping two characters made of plastic and electrical components.

And yes, that was an actual postal shipping joke too.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:24:47 22/01/2015 by JCW555
#22 Posted: 21:24:27 22/01/2015
I feel like that writer might have read my fic. XD I still see Hex and Trigger Happy as a sibling sort of friendship, but I wrote a fic when, I think, Giants had just come out that had Trig desperately trying everything just to get her to smile because he'd never seen it before.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#23 Posted: 22:00:28 22/01/2015
kaosxknightmare love ship because it sounds cool
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#24 Posted: 12:11:54 26/01/2015
Not Skylanders, but Skylander NPCs: not-entirely seriously, Cali x Tessa. I was discussing Cali x Flynn with my friend a while ago, and I can't stand it. Then I realised almost anyone who isn't a villain would go better with Cali, and came up with Cali x Tessa, because why not- they both go on adventure and seem to be intelligent and I think they could get along very well. The only Cali ship I'd choose over Cali x Tessa is Cali x Hugo. Just... Anything over Cali x Flynn.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:12:51 26/01/2015 by Arc of Archives
#25 Posted: 17:28:20 26/01/2015
Cali/Tessa is really cute! Glad I'm not the only one who ships it. :) And Cali/Hugo is adorable! ^_^
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me