Page 1 of 1
Earth Element: All Good or All Meh? [CLOSED]
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#1 Posted: 08:00:24 29/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Tackling the Heroic Challenges with each Skylander, one by one, and I realized that none of the four Earth'landers seem all that great. I read pretty consistently that it's thought of as the one element in which ya cannot go wrong picking any of the four; so what gives? What am I not seeing?

I'm aware that it is most likely just a matter of not matching my preferred playstyle, which is to speed charge from area to area wiping out baddies as if it was going outta style. Here's my beef with each:

Terrafin - the only one I can bare to use, yet all I do with him is dig, then belly flop, repeatedly. Punching is very short-ranged and misses noticably often, and the baby sharks are notoriously useless.

Prism Break - I really want to like this guy; filling the place with laser beams is really unique and cool, and he has one of the best radials in the game. Unfortunately, even with all heroics and a speedy hat, he is painfully slow, and made even slower by the fact that his best path piles up crystal roadblocks that must be maneuvered around. And what's up with him and Dino-Rang having huge arms and tiny stubby legs?

Dino-Rang - Has a unique and dynamic look. However, the boomerangs are kinda weak, and go wandering at inopportune times, leaving him with only the bizarre earth traps... The boomerang shield is ok, but enemies can get inside it and remain unharmed. He just seems wimpy, chucking thin boomerangs everywhere.

Bash - Despite having an excellent charge move, there's not much else to do with him. His tail swipe is indeed powerful, but its range is too meager to be safely viable, especially when surrounded by groups, where it seems to have a few strange blind spots.

Are you a fan of Earth? Or do you also have a difficult time picking a useful one?
---
1Jn47
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 11:33:54 29/10/2014
I am an earth fan . I love the weapons and i really love the armour .

Bash and Terrafin are great for speed and damage . Both have a ranged option.
Prism Breaks crystal rain , reigns supreme in lots of damage . Has crystal armour option , erupts crystals and shoots laser beams and multiple laser beams .
Dino is a medium range shooter and a mine field layer .Has weapons or armour upgrade . Dino Rang,s earth traps are awesome for people who play giants or Swopforce on nightmare mode .

Could you define the word useful because those guys are very useful . SSA is a very easy game < until that nasty Hydra fight > .

Why are you worried about not liking a skylander . We all have our favorite skylanders and there is 32 to choose from . Play with who you want . smilie
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:46:03 29/10/2014 by Dark fhoenix
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#3 Posted: 12:08:39 29/10/2014
Magic, Water and Earth are my favorite elements. All have Skylanders that I love. Everyone of them.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#4 Posted: 15:30:58 29/10/2014 | Topic Creator
@Dark fhoenix: i'm not really worried about it, per se, I just want to pick at least 2 from each element for co-op purposes (a main and a substitute) and give away the others. Bash and Terrafin's ranged powers seem very weak...

I'm probably just spoiled by the fact that the other 7 elements all have at least one character that is both OP and fast; Slam Bam and Gill Grunt, Flameslinger, Whirlwind, Drobot, Spyro and Double Trouble, Ghost Roaster and Hex, Stealth Elf. All of these can dish out large amounts of damage and move around pretty quick.

Edit: Gave Prism Break's Prismancer path another try and discovered that it's definitely more to my liking. A stronger beam with greater range that has an increased chance to spread all over the place with triple refraction; now we're cookin with gas.
---
1Jn47
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:30:21 29/10/2014 by Plordigian
#5 Posted: 18:05:24 29/10/2014
Quote:
I just want to pick at least 2 from each element for co-op purposes (a main and a substitute) and give away the others.

Nooooo thats mean . All skylanders add to your elemental pool and accolade bonuses .

Eeeeepp . Sound the Alarm ! We have someone who is immune to our glorious toy collecting addiction . Now now friend take a deep breath . We need to cure you ASAP with ........just one more toy .

Your other option is TFB captures and isolates you for study and dissection smilie
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:15:28 29/10/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#6 Posted: 18:54:58 29/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:
I just want to pick at least 2 from each element for co-op purposes (a main and a substitute) and give away the others.

Nooooo thats mean . All skylanders add to your elemental pool and accolade bonuses .

Eeeeepp . Sound the Alarm ! We have someone who is immune to our glorious toy collecting addiction . Now now friend take a deep breath . We need to cure you ASAP with ........just one more toy .

Your other option is TFB captures and isolates you for study and dissection smilie

Lol it's all good; I should have mentioned that i'm giving the extras to people that live under my roof, so all the figures are staying in-house with the unanimous intent to keep the collection, element pool, and accolades intact. smilie
---
1Jn47
#7 Posted: 18:49:30 30/10/2014
Well if i had to be mean , I would say Bash and Prism Break are the best Earth Lords of Skylands .
---
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#8 Posted: 04:02:07 11/11/2014
I like their designs but I have trouble jumping with them in the 3DS version smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me