Page 1 of 1
A Newcomer's questions and comments [CLOSED]
Plordigian Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#1 Posted: 06:35:27 11/10/2014 | Topic Creator
This series is an incredible experience. While Swap Force definitely has its share of magic and wonder, there is something very intriguing, mystical, and pure about the humble beginnings of Spyro's Adventure. I am only just now diving in and exploring Heroic Challenges, testing each of the 32 to their limits to attempt to discover my favorites. I have some questions that I'd like to share, that I haven't really had much luck finding answers to despite numerous searches both here at this exceptional site and across the web. Any input is greatly appreciated, and no opinions will be judged; we all have something to contribute.

1)So far, Drobot, Flameslinger, Slam Bam, Stealth Elf, and to a certain extent Whirlwind (clouds) seem so OP that they just own everything. Room-clearing with speed in abundance. Anyone else? Boomer and Eruptor are the only characters I haven't put through the paces yet, but I'm not expecting much from the latter based on popular opinion. Please elaborate regarding why exactly you think anyone else belongs with this group.

2)Why is Prism Break so beloved? I want to like him, I really do; he looks really unique, the lasers incinerating everything is cool and powerful. But his lack of speed and propensity for getting stuck behind his own crystals compels me to look for Terrafin quite often... Speak up, P. Break fans! What am I doing wrong?

3)Speaking of the earth shark, who is better for racing through levels untouched, and why: Terrafin or Ghost Roaster?

4)What exactly does Critical Hit do? Flameslinger's is at 100, which by the description should mean that 100% of his hits deal 150% damage, right? Yet it's only, like, 15% of the time. Anyone have the real facts about this?

Thank you for sharing!
---
1Jn47
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 07:01:25 11/10/2014
1. Voodood minces any monster in seconds with his axe . Voodoods trap can take out monsters standing one level above him .

2. I like Prism Break . Have you tried dropping crystals on the heads of your enemies ? it really kicks butt . Now the monsters also have to walk around your crystals while you keep dropping more crystals and bonking them . I killed drobot with that trick on pvp . If enemies get too close do crystal eruption .

3. I dont have GR . Cynder can pull off that trick too i imagine .

4. Umm no facts here .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#3 Posted: 07:17:14 11/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dark fhoenix
1. Voodood minces any monster in seconds with his axe . Voodoods trap can take out monsters standing one level above him .

2. I like Prism Break . Have you tried dropping crystals on the heads of your enemies ? it really kicks butt . Now the monsters also have to walk around your crystals while you keep dropping more crystals and bonking them . I killed drobot with that trick on pvp . If enemies get too close do crystal eruption .

3. I dont have GR . Cynder can pull off that trick too i imagine .

4. Umm no facts here .

Thank you for responding. I'm definitely going to focus on Voodood next, and try Prism Break in different circumstances as well. Cynder is faster than both GR and Terrafin, but reports seem confusing as to whether or not she takes damage while shadow dashing...
---
1Jn47
BlackandTan Gold Sparx Gems: 2588
#4 Posted: 00:58:20 12/10/2014
1. I used to hate Boomer, until I fully upgraded him and got the hang of his ranged dynamite. He's pretty sweet. Eruptor is too slow for me so I never use him. Ever. I love using Drobot - he's one of my favorites.

2. Take your Prism Break (actually all your Skylanders) and do all of the speed heroics first. Then they will no long be slow. Throw on the Lil devil hat and BOOM fast skylanders every where. Which path did you choose for your Prism Break? My SA one is a Crystaleer - which I like better than my Prismancer Giants Light core guy. You pair it with his soul gem power where all defeated enemies turn to crystals, you can just stand in one place and kill every thing with one beam.

3. My speed go too is Drobot and Cynder. I don't remember if she gets hits when she is phantoming, but it doesn't matter, she won't die. Most people power up her dark lightening path, but I chose the one where you power up her ghosts. Her phantom power then does damage as she passes under enemies. I have a glow in the dark cynder that I upgraded her lightening with, she is fun too, but I like the unpopular route on cynder better.

4. I don't question the math/stats in skylanders, I just care about speed.
---
Can't wait for Imaginators!!!
#5 Posted: 07:42:02 12/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: BlackandTan
1. I used to hate Boomer, until I fully upgraded him and got the hang of his ranged dynamite. He's pretty sweet. Eruptor is too slow for me so I never use him. Ever. I love using Drobot - he's one of my favorites.

2. Take your Prism Break (actually all your Skylanders) and do all of the speed heroics first. Then they will no long be slow. Throw on the Lil devil hat and BOOM fast skylanders every where. Which path did you choose for your Prism Break? My SA one is a Crystaleer - which I like better than my Prismancer Giants Light core guy. You pair it with his soul gem power where all defeated enemies turn to crystals, you can just stand in one place and kill every thing with one beam.

3. My speed go too is Drobot and Cynder. I don't remember if she gets hits when she is phantoming, but it doesn't matter, she won't die. Most people power up her dark lightening path, but I chose the one where you power up her ghosts. Her phantom power then does damage as she passes under enemies. I have a glow in the dark cynder that I upgraded her lightening with, she is fun too, but I like the unpopular route on cynder better.

4. I don't question the math/stats in skylanders, I just care about speed.

Thanks for the input! I haven't unlocked the Lil devil hat yet, but I agree that completing all of the speed challenges first is the way to go. Even with all of them checked off for Prism Break, he still feels slow to me, but I am admittedly partial to those Skylanders blessed with a charge move. I too chose the Crystaleer path. It's possible to enjoy a slower pace with him, especially when playing co-op with someone whose character is also without a charge. Regarding Cynder, I couldn't agree more. She's spectacularly dynamic, isn't she? Too bad she didn't get a mini pose; such small size would make the shadow dash seem frighteningly quick if it covered the same distance.
---
1Jn47
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#6 Posted: 08:40:49 12/10/2014
Quote: Plordigian

1)So far, Drobot, Flameslinger, Slam Bam, Stealth Elf, and to a certain extent Whirlwind (clouds) seem so OP that they just own everything. Room-clearing with speed in abundance. Anyone else? Boomer and Eruptor are the only characters I haven't put through the paces yet, but I'm not expecting much from the latter based on popular opinion. Please elaborate regarding why exactly you think anyone else belongs with this group.

2)Why is Prism Break so beloved? I want to like him, I really do; he looks really unique, the lasers incinerating everything is cool and powerful. But his lack of speed and propensity for getting stuck behind his own crystals compels me to look for Terrafin quite often... Speak up, P. Break fans! What am I doing wrong?

3)Speaking of the earth shark, who is better for racing through levels untouched, and why: Terrafin or Ghost Roaster?

4)What exactly does Critical Hit do? Flameslinger's is at 100, which by the description should mean that 100% of his hits deal 150% damage, right? Yet it's only, like, 15% of the time. Anyone have the real facts about this?!

2. PB was my first skylander, as a materialist that's reason enough! In terms of gameplay he's very useful for crowd control, but he certainly doesn't lack strength when focusing on one enemy. I love his versatility. If i'm planning on rushing through the game (i normally try not to as i play co-op) i use drill sgt.

3. Drill Sgt is simply more fun. rocket spamming, drilling, speeding, tanking! But ghost roaster is always going to be the ultimate invincible charger
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#7 Posted: 09:10:34 12/10/2014
Quote: BlackandTan
Eruptor is too slow for me so I never use him. Ever.

if you fully upgrade eruptor he is pretty good character in ssa, but there is faster character in ssa of course. with that said the fully upgraded eruptor volcano in swap force. is a force to be reckoned with, the speed is x10 and eruptor is totally awesome..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#8 Posted: 09:01:03 14/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Just spent a few hours knocking out some Heroics with Cynder and Ghost Roaster back-to-back, and it's pretty clear who is better at speed runs...

While Cynder is indeed fast, she is restricted to one direction while dashing. Not only that, her lightning bolts miss enemies a little too frequently to be reliable as a primary attack, despite how cool it looks. I'm not saying she's no good; she is still very fast, dangerous, and loads of fun to use.

Fear Eater Ghost Roaster plows through Heroic Challenges with such alarming speed and ease, there was frequently more than 2 minutes left on the clock upon completion. I don't see why anyone would choose the other path, considering it not only lacks the bonuses to Ectoplasm, but it slows down the skull charge by stopping at every enemy contact. Fear Eater not only makes Ectoplasm worthwhile and practically painless, but provides him with an excellent radial attack when tapped. I had no idea GR could be one of the strongest pure melee characters in the game. Add in blazing speed and invulnerability and he's arguably one of the best Skylanders period, let alone Undead.
---
1Jn47
MaxDowneyTwiss Red Sparx Gems: 15
#9 Posted: 20:26:06 23/10/2014
The game usually crashes when I am attacking a lot of enemies and sometimes it crashes at random points.
It crashes when I am using Stumpsmash or Spyro. Once when I used stumpsmash to get through a life elemental gate, the game crashed.

I am using a PC for my console.

How can I stop this happening? Thanks!
#10 Posted: 00:03:29 24/10/2014
Quote:
Fear Eater Ghost Roaster plows through Heroic Challenges with such alarming speed and ease

Stealth Elf was test tube bred for heroic challenges .
---
#11 Posted: 08:48:54 14/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: SparCrux1101
Quote: Plordigian

4)What exactly does Critical Hit do? Flameslinger's is at 100, which by the description should mean that 100% of his hits deal 150% damage, right? Yet it's only, like, 15% of the time. Anyone have the real facts about this?!

2. PB was my first skylander, as a materialist that's reason enough! In terms of gameplay he's very useful for crowd control, but he certainly doesn't lack strength when focusing on one enemy. I love his versatility. If i'm planning on rushing through the game (i normally try not to as i play co-op) i use drill sgt.

3. Drill Sgt is simply more fun. rocket spamming, drilling, speeding, tanking! But ghost roaster is always going to be the ultimate invincible charger

Drill Sgt is insanely fast!! Not sure if he is faster than Ghost Roaster, but the fact that Drill's charge move requires holding down the button seems to give better control than GR's. Good thing he's so useful, too, as I needed a Tech back-up; having fully playtested Trig and Boomer, I decided I have very little interest in what they can do.
---
1Jn47
#12 Posted: 17:32:24 27/11/2014
I think Ghost Roaster is faster.
---
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#13 Posted: 19:18:39 29/11/2014
Correct if I am wrong but I believe critical hit means how much more damage you do once you achieve one.Critical hits are just random for each skylander much like in Pokemon.(Not saying skylanders is anything like Pokemon)
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#14 Posted: 23:40:27 29/11/2014
Gee i dont know . Gotta catch all them Skylanders and be the best Portal Master ever .... smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me