Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Out-of-Date Forum Rules [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 23:53:20 10/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Yes, I am aware that dark himself confirmed some changes in the rules on the forums, even said himself a few months ago -

Quote: dark52
There are exceptions to every rule. smilie

But what about adding those changes and exceptions to the Forum Rules? Advertising the trading Skylander cards and allowing big-time, special users to advertise their videos/content should be added in as an exception to the "Do not advertise" rule.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 23:58:14 10/10/2014
I agree. I also would like him to add a few rules on some of the sections. Like have global forum rules and section rules. Since in fanart, people get confused on posting their artworks, by other artist's works (without permission of course >.<).
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 04:54:43 11/10/2014
Here Dark - I suggest you add this to the rules to bring them up to date and make everyone happy:

"There are exceptions to every rule - as the owner of this forum, I may, on a case-by-case basis, determine that a particular thread or post in an exception to these rules."
#4 Posted: 05:10:18 11/10/2014 | Topic Creator
But as owner of the forum, he has to update the rules so that users won't have to keep wondering whether this kind of advertisement, or something similar, is acceptable or not.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#5 Posted: 05:12:47 11/10/2014
^As well as wondering what is okay to post in the fanart section, so they don't get into trouble.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#6 Posted: 05:25:48 11/10/2014
Quote: Aura24
[...]he has[...]

No, he doesn't.
#7 Posted: 05:26:20 11/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: Aura24
[...]he has[...]

No, he doesn't.

In your perspective, of course.
---
#8 Posted: 05:29:10 11/10/2014
Well actually, if he is going to let some exceptions of the rules by, it would be really wise if Dark were to revise the rules a bit. Since he is allowing some exceptions. Or he can just leave us clueless and you to keep yelling at us for actually suggesting something that is potentially wise.
---
icon from Empoh
#9 Posted: 05:30:41 11/10/2014
What is going to happen if he doesn't? Are you going to have him arrested? Assassinated? Are you going to hack the site and take it over?

You know what's going to happen if he doesn't update the rules to fit your desires? Absolutely nothing at all.

And that's why he doesn't have to do anything. It's not a matter of my perspective, it's a matter of reality. I'd suggest you quit stressing out over the fact that everyone doesn't do everything you want them to do.
#10 Posted: 05:33:46 11/10/2014 | Topic Creator
What is going to happen if he doesn't? Are you going to have him arrested? Assassinated? Are you going to hack the site and take it over?

You know what's going to happen if he doesn't update the rules to fit your desires? Absolutely nothing at all.

And that's why he doesn't have to do anything. It's not a matter of my perspective, it's a matter of reality. I'd suggest you quit stressing out over the fact that everyone doesn't do everything you want them to do.

Stressed? Is that your assumption of me? You are the one who is stressed here, always feeling like it's your job to defend dark's actions and possible response to suggestions by posting against ideas that are against dark's updates/moderation. You are the one always posting on topics like this, acting like a blind white knight. Seriously, I am just sick of this.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:34:28 11/10/2014 by Aura24
#11 Posted: 05:36:01 11/10/2014

No, I was just saying it would be wise. :/ Talk about flat out harassment with assumptions here.

I think you need to relax, it's not like those Dark opinion fights. I was just actually saying, I mean did you see me say anything that he has too? No. Did you see me call him any names? No. Calm yourself.
---
icon from Empoh
#12 Posted: 05:38:48 11/10/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100
[...]I mean did you see me say anything that he has too? No. [...]

The reply you quoted was to Aura's comment that Dark "has to" update the rules.
#13 Posted: 05:40:23 11/10/2014
Oh I see. But still you might want to chillax.
---
icon from Empoh
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#14 Posted: 05:46:33 11/10/2014

Quit overdramatizing. Closing thread due to it spiraling out of control.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me