Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > What is it with everyone thinking dark52 is a terrible admin?
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
What is it with everyone thinking dark52 is a terrible admin? [CLOSED]
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#51 Posted: 08:26:30 21/09/2014
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: Spyrobaro
What do you mean?

That he doesn't care? That he doesn't have time for it? That he doesn't think this one particular issue is important? That he's tired of dealing with particular individuals?

If you knock on someone's door three times and they don't answer, how many more times do you knock before you walk away?

He obviously has the time to add images to the Skylander pages, create new polls, add news update topics and look for online pages related to new Skylanders content. If he doesn't have time to tend to user concerns or doesn't care about it anymore, he should assign another admin to assist him on the subject, or simple get another person to take his place who actually cares for the userbase here.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:35:08 21/09/2014 by Aura24
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#52 Posted: 14:59:15 21/09/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
He should care. He's the admin. If users have concerns, the least he could do is acknowledge them.

Should, Could, Would... again, how many times do you knock on the door before you give up?

Quote:
And if he doesn't have time, again, why not get another admin to help with that?

It's painfully obvious by now that he doesn't want to. But even if he did... well, let us peer into an alternate universe and show you what it would like like with a new admin...

Quote: Whiny User #11235
Quote: New Admin
Quote: Member #1967
Hey, can we do something about >legitimate concern<? >Legitimate concern< has been an issue for awhile and it'd be nice to see something done about >legitimate concern<.
Sounds good, but I'll have to check with dark first.
Holy crap, why did dark pick New Admin as the admin if he can't do anything? Dark probably picked New Admin's name out of a hat. Dark is so lazy and worthless. He should pick another admin if New Admin isn't going to do anything either.

Quote:
He's the admin, he's not supposed to be biased.

So.. he's not supposed to be human?

Quote:
Because I would love for us to be in a place where we could say, "Hey, I don't like this," and to have Dark ask us in response,

"Why? And how can I fix this?"

Well, we have zero control over dark, so there's not much we can do about that second part. But we do control ourselves - instead of lashing out and treating dark like a piece of human filth (which would very much make me not care to respond either), how about we try your method of "Hey, I don't like this." and when someone tries something in a horribly negative way, we call them out on it, much like you'd call out a kid on the playground for being a jerk to the other kids?
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#53 Posted: 15:41:53 21/09/2014
Aura stop throwing names around. It takes away credibility.

Should, Could, Would... again, how many times do you knock on the door before you give up?

This line makes it sound like you acknowledge the concerns we have about Dark and how this is a flaw, but that we still shouldn't voice those concerns and are better off quitting.

So.. he's not supposed to be human?

Well, we have zero control over dark, so there's not much we can do about that second part. But we do control ourselves - instead of lashing out and treating dark like a piece of human filth (which would very much make me not care to respond either), how about we try your method of "Hey, I don't like this." and when someone tries something in a horribly negative way, we call them out on it, much like you'd call out a kid on the playground for being a jerk to the other kids?

You said you were a mod on five different forums, right? Then you should know how bias is an undesired quality when being a mod or admin. Of course everybody is human and will have some level of bias. But if it's to a level where it becomes fairly noticeable, then that person isn't fit for a position of power such as that one.

Been there, done that. There was a time where I would ask kindly about these things (and there are times where I still do). And there was a time where the problem was resolved by Dark and I went along my merry way.

That one time was when I complained about a site bug. Every other reason I ever came to him has been ignored. It's clear there that while he may be good at site aesthetic and bug fixing, he has little to no interest in managing the forum itself. That's where our problem lies, and you're telling us "well there's nothing you can do go make your own site"? We shouldn't have to.

And please stop calling it all #FirstWorldProblems. Of course there are a multitude of bigger problems in the world. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to voice concerns about an admin in a topic that specifically asked why we are concerned about the admin.

Bob are you even remotely interested in seeing any of this from the other side of the coin? I won't speak for anybody else, but when I've discussed things with you I would listen and hear your side of the argument, and actually think about it. But you don't seem to feel the need to do it, and just continue to blindly defend Dark and then call us ungrateful and whiners should we continue the discussion instead of admit some sort of defeat.

If you're not even going to bother to try and understand our concerns, I don't see any reason to continue arguing with you. It'll just go nowhere.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:48:06 21/09/2014 by CAV
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#54 Posted: 16:07:23 21/09/2014
Slightly off topic, but the fact that dark hasn't responded to this topic really shows his lack of interaction and lack of care for the users.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:07:44 21/09/2014 by zer0dch
#55 Posted: 16:44:03 21/09/2014
Quote: zer0dch
Slightly off topic, but the fact that dark hasn't responded to this topic really shows his lack of interaction and lack of care for the users.

The one time I've seen him actually post a comment regarding his slow moderation was back in 2012 when users posted on his GB numerous times and also posted a few topics about the trolls roaming free and getting out of hand when dark was doing nothing. But he only announced the impending application for potential mods, not about his lack of moderation on the forums.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:54:57 21/09/2014 by Aura24
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#56 Posted: 18:14:13 21/09/2014
^Actually I think he said he was going to attempt to be more active. And for a brief period of time I'd say he was.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#57 Posted: 19:10:00 21/09/2014
dark52 id awesome. Let him play Skylanders and update for the thing he likes.
---
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#58 Posted: 19:11:03 21/09/2014
Quote: CAV
^Actually I think he said he was going to attempt to be more active. And for a brief period of time I'd say he was.

He has these random days that a good chunk of the recent posts in Help and Suggestion get answered. Then just goes into silence for a while. The days happen like once every one or two months? Around something like that.

From what I have notice, Help questions have a higher chance to get answered than suggestions. That can lead one to believe that he just does things that get solved quickly. Suggestions hardly get a peep. Not even a "No and here's why" And when he does say he'll work on it, he doesn't keep us updated most of the time. I was surprised that he did kept us updated on the Subscription system suggestion. Though that itself had to be bumped constantly.

I probably repeated what someone said but I just skimmed through this topic.
I think Dark should communicate more. Instead of ignoring a topic in this section, he should answer it when he sees that the user is looking for a answer from the admin. Stuff users themselves can't answer. In other words, behave like a Admin.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:15:08 23/09/2014 by wspyro
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#59 Posted: 19:46:21 21/09/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob
dark52 id awesome. Let him play Skylanders and update for the thing he likes.

Awesome people have a reason to be awesome. I don't think paying the site and doing the same thing several users are already doing in the TT section makes him any better if he's still neglecting everything else.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#60 Posted: 23:56:12 21/09/2014
Quote: wspyro
Quote: CAV

He has these random days that a good chunk of the recent posts in Help and Suggestion get answered. Then just goes into silence for a while. The days happen like once every one or two months? Around something like that.

From what I have notice, Help questions have a higher chance to get answered than suggestions. That can lead one to believe that he just does things that get solved quickly. Suggestions hardly get a peep. Not even a "No and here's why" And when he does say he'll work on it, he doesn't keep us updated most of the time. I was surprised that he did kept us updated on the Subscription system suggestion. Though that itself had to be bumped constantly.

I probably repeated what someone said but I just skimmed through this topic.
I think Dark should communicate more. Instead of ignoring a topic in this section, he should answer it when he sees that the user is looking for a answer from the admin. Stuff users themselves can't answer. I'm.other words, behave like a Admin.

Like how he ignored this topic and outright responded on the 'No mods in fandom' topic instead?
---
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#61 Posted: 00:14:50 22/09/2014
It does get on my nervous when I/users send topics to be deleted on he's GB several times, to be closed or deleted. And I doesn't happen. There are vital and obvious reasons to be closed. I know he's busy and stuff. I find he ignores the topics. Anyway, that was much more in 2012. So I suppose it doesn't matter now. It's just annoying how lately users are getting a free-pass on trolling/spamming. If me, I would probably gnorc them straight off, because it's immature and ignorant. I think dark52 has increased and is doing a much better job, then the past years ago... It would improve if he made global mods, so far the moderation around dS is poor. I don't want to act too bothered into this, but I think it would be better.
#62 Posted: 00:19:28 22/09/2014
Is there some reason to use dark's GUESTBOOK page rather than the Report feature?
#63 Posted: 19:35:30 22/09/2014
Quote: whirlwind fan
It does get on my nervous when I/users send topics to be deleted on he's GB several times, to be closed or deleted. And I doesn't happen. There are vital and obvious reasons to be closed. I know he's busy and stuff. I find he ignores the topics. Anyway, that was much more in 2012. So I suppose it doesn't matter now. It's just annoying how lately users are getting a free-pass on trolling/spamming. If me, I would probably gnorc them straight off, because it's immature and ignorant. I think dark52 has increased and is doing a much better job, then the past years ago... It would improve if he made global mods, so far the moderation around dS is poor. I don't want to act too bothered into this, but I think it would be better.

He also ignores PMs.
---
#64 Posted: 22:59:19 22/09/2014
Quote: Aura24
Quote: whirlwind fan

He also ignores PMs.

Yeah I know. I suggested for a gnorc, I never got anything back. Which has happened so many times already...
#65 Posted: 23:00:59 22/09/2014
How long is he going to be like this? Outright ignoring user concerns in favor of updating the news and forum regarding Skylanders?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:23 22/09/2014 by Aura24
#66 Posted: 23:25:34 22/09/2014
Trolls are going to keep on trolling. Dark52s updating skylander poll(wait, he hardly updates the poll) Uhhhh.
#67 Posted: 23:34:50 22/09/2014
He updates the polls weekly, or monthly, with Skylanders.
---
#68 Posted: 23:41:06 22/09/2014
Oh ok. Cause it seems like a long time he updates it.
#69 Posted: 23:50:02 22/09/2014
It's hard to notice but yeah it's weekly. But it's hardly a big effort to just copy and paste from the paths in the Wiki or his own page into a poll and make a thread about it.
---
#70 Posted: 23:52:41 22/09/2014
I know. It does look easy. Sometimes I wonder why it's taking so long.
#71 Posted: 22:48:11 23/09/2014
Like how it takes him so long to update the Forum Rules when it became apparent he made some private changes to few of them without laying them out.

On an old topic regarding advertising a Skylanders bid posted by a supposed employee of TFB, dark said this -

Quote: dark52
There are exceptions to every rule. smilie

So he's basically breaking his own rules in favor of an employee of TFB?
---
#72 Posted: 22:50:43 23/09/2014
It's not bias if you're paying the bills. /s
---
#73 Posted: 23:03:45 23/09/2014
He's allowing VIP users, from TFB or other companies who did Skylanders, to advertise, something he never updated the Forum Rules on nor shared with us.
---
#74 Posted: 02:41:40 24/09/2014
Wow. Just wow.
#75 Posted: 03:00:59 24/09/2014
Wow. Just wow.

I assume you're moaning at us again?
---
#76 Posted: 03:02:18 24/09/2014
I assume you're moaning at dark again?
#77 Posted: 03:02:54 24/09/2014
Thanks for answering my first question, you are indeed moaning at us.
---
#78 Posted: 03:08:34 24/09/2014
I'm curious... if dark actually came right out and posted "Aura, I don't give a flying fart about you.", would you still continue to hang around and complain about him?
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#79 Posted: 03:10:50 24/09/2014
I'm curious... if dark actually came right out and posted "Aura, I don't give a flying fart about you.", would you still continue to hang around and complain about him?

If he ever did something on that level, it sure would give me the push to quit coming here. It doesn't really effect me but damn it would be crazy disrespectful.
#80 Posted: 03:11:51 24/09/2014

Yes, I would still hang around the forums, even if he said something as rude as that. If he continues to ignore user concerns when he's more active on everything else on the forums, I would still point out about it.
---
#81 Posted: 03:14:56 24/09/2014
Quote: zer0dch
If he ever did something on that level, it sure would give me the push to quit coming here. It doesn't really effect me but damn it would be crazy disrespectful.

Any more disrespectful than some of the stuff being said about him?
#82 Posted: 03:35:55 24/09/2014
Except some of us weren't being that disrespectful, and are just expressing our opinions on dark's moderation.
---
#83 Posted: 03:45:07 24/09/2014
He should be given the title 'newspaper boy' [...]

[...]a lazy admin[...]

Sickening.

If this is how you are respectful to someone, I'd hate to see how you treat your mother.
#84 Posted: 03:47:04 24/09/2014
If this is how you are respectful to someone, I'd hate to see how you treat your mother.

What does my mother have to do with this? Nothing.
---
#85 Posted: 03:52:07 24/09/2014
We are just helping how dark can improve, bob. There is no reason too act all competitive and disrespectful. If dark is not doing he's job too a well standard, that's why there is 'Site help and suggestions' on this forum. Too point out that. It seems as much you're sucking up he's ass, dark is not perfect you know. How aura is treating her mother has nothing too do with dark52s mistakes. It would be such low level if dark said something immature like that, wouldn't it? I still wouldn't leave the site for that.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#86 Posted: 03:53:02 24/09/2014

Excuse me, but I treat my mother with the best respect. Because she is so open to me, explains to me about situations, treats me with a ton of respect back. Hell I even help her around the house when my dad and my siblings are too busy doing their own thing, while my mother has a back issue, practically busting her ass around the house.

I love my mother thank you. And you should not compare our mothers to Dark, because unlike Dark at least most of our mother's are responsible enough to take care of their family.

That was below the belt.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#87 Posted: 03:58:22 24/09/2014
Nice deflection. Instead of making any attempt to address the way you chose to engage dark with name calling and insults, you take one throw-away comment and focus on it, with zero attention to the fact that you have repeatedly insulted dark in nonconstructive ways. Good job.

whirlwind fan - I've never said dark was perfect and I've posted a few issue I have with him myself. There's a world of difference between "I don't like X" and "dark is a lazy blah blah blah because I don't like X".
#88 Posted: 04:01:22 24/09/2014
Nice deflection. Instead of making any attempt to address the way you chose to engage dark with name calling and insults, you take one throw-away comment and focus on it, with zero attention to the fact that you have repeatedly insulted dark in nonconstructive ways. Good job.

whirlwind fan - I've never said dark was perfect and I've posted a few issue I have with him myself. There's a world of difference between "I don't like X" and "dark is a lazy blah blah blah because I don't like X".

And there's a also a world of difference between a good mother and a bad admin. But clearly you had to drag in our (every user you have an issue with) mother into it. Way to go. Way to be rude and inconsiderate.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#89 Posted: 04:01:49 24/09/2014

Look who's talking.
---
#90 Posted: 04:02:26 24/09/2014
Rude and inconsiderate like calling someone names because you don't like they way they choose to run their own forums?
#91 Posted: 04:03:27 24/09/2014
Rude and inconsiderate like calling someone names because you don't like they way they choose to run their own forums?

No, that you are the one being rude and inconsiderate here. Good job.
---
#92 Posted: 04:03:57 24/09/2014
It obviously sounds like you're sucking up darks ass. People can have opinions, just cause no ones agreeing with you, it doesn't mean you have too get all competitive. Maybe, I'm being honest. From this point on dark is being lazy and ignoring users... You might not find him lazy. Seems others do.
#93 Posted: 04:03:57 24/09/2014

Look who's talking.

Oh? I've repeatedly insulted dark in nonconstructive ways? Link pls.
#94 Posted: 04:04:08 24/09/2014

Or like how you choose not to listen to the previous stuff and trying to force us out of the forums?
---
icon from Empoh
#95 Posted: 04:05:32 24/09/2014

Look who's talking.

No, but you are being rude and inconsiderate to us in your blind devotion to dark. Such obsession there.
---
#96 Posted: 04:06:13 24/09/2014
Where did I use force to get someone off the forums?

I mean, logic and common sense, sure... but force? Did I break into your house why you were sleeping and pistol whip you until you promised never to come back? Because, if I did, I sincerely apologize for doing that. I won't ever do it again, I swear.
#97 Posted: 04:06:59 24/09/2014

Look who's talking.

Actually, we weren't insulting dark. I was just saying he's ignoring pm's and not managing the forum as it should. You're doing the opposite and sucking up he's ass.
#98 Posted: 04:07:55 24/09/2014
Where did I use force to get someone off the forums?

I mean, logic and common sense, sure... but force? Did I break into your house why you were sleeping and pistol whip you until you promised never to come back? Because, if I did, I sincerely apologize for doing that. I won't ever do it again, I swear.

I barely even saw any common sense for how many times you said that to a user with a opinion opposite to yours. Logic a little bit, but not common sense.
---
icon from Empoh
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me