darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > Do You Love This Soundtrack, Or Not?
Page 1 of 1
Do You Love This Soundtrack, Or Not? [CLOSED]
Jacques Green Sparx Gems: 383
#1 Posted: 02:54:58 25/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I have seen this go two ways usually, you either love it or hate it.

How does Stewart do with the soundtrack?

For me? I absolutely love every moment, sound, anything from this game. My favorite game of all time, my favorite soundtrack of all time and really my favorite piece of music, ever.
---
"What are you saving your money for, another sequel?"
MetallicDragon Red Sparx Gems: 47
#2 Posted: 18:31:22 25/08/2014
I love it. My favorite is Fireworks Factory. In fact, that song is the best song out of the 3 original Spyro games. I generally prefer Spyro 2 over 3, but the music is sooooooo good in 3.
Skylark56 Blue Sparx Gems: 610
#3 Posted: 20:58:11 26/08/2014
The music was indefinitely better in GtG/RR, but the music in Spyro:YotD is an absolute masterpiece of work, my favorite is probably Spike's Arena or Nancy's Dance Routine. My all time favorite is Idol Springs from Ripto's Rage though.....
---
Finding Something New About Spyro Everyday!
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#4 Posted: 18:34:45 27/08/2014
I don't love it when they keep repeating tracks all the time, especially in the speedways, and in the last boss battle, and on the Super Bonus; that ruined the atmosphere. I did enjoy the soundtrack, but there parts about it that I think didn't suit the game, whereas the previous two did.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#5 Posted: 18:48:55 27/08/2014
Woah Jaques, haven't seen you for ages!

Eh, the Gateway To Glimmer tracks are the best IMO. YOTD is too repetitive. But they have the Fireworks Factory track which is AMAZING!
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 00:57:16 29/08/2014
It's definitely my favorite of the first four. Stewart Copeland and Ryan Beveridge definitely did an outstanding job with the level themes. I think the greater use of techno-esque instrumentation in more of the music (which carried over into Enter the Dragonfly, making it my second favorite music-wise) is what really does it. This used to be my favorite soundtrack in an Insomniac title, until A Crack in Time's magical sci-fi score and space radio just blew me away.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
BTDiamonds Blue Sparx Gems: 773
#7 Posted: 23:52:13 06/09/2014
I definitely think YOTD has the best soundtrack of all the Spyro games I've played! Like a lot of people my favorite one is Fireworks Factory, to the point that sometimes I even go replay that level just to listen to the track smilie
---
Stuff and things. smilie
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#8 Posted: 21:29:32 08/10/2014
I like it but I wish they made a new song for Lost Fleet. Or give Sheila a different song... Lost Fleet needs more of pirate music if you weren't willing to change Sheila's song. My favorite is either the Super Bonus World or Midnight Mountain. :3 I just thought of Harbor Speedway when typing this and now the song is playing in my head smilie
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#9 Posted: 06:12:22 15/10/2014
I feel like the first game has the best music BY FAR, but to be honest this would probably be in second place. I actually can't remember a single song from Ripto's Rage, but there are a good number of songs in this game that still stand out in my head (some even more than the ones in StD) and are just really catchy and fun!
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#10 Posted: 22:14:13 01/12/2014
Crystal Islands and Fireworks Factory are my favorites.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#11 Posted: 20:08:09 12/12/2014
The instrumentation in this one is interesting, and I think it's a great soundtack, although a lot of STD/GTG's tracks have more personality.
I agree with SuperSpyroFan about the reused music, too. I think GTG's only reused track was Idol Springs' music in Fracture Hills, and STD only had one reused theme (Toasty) that wasn't an edited version of other music like NTSC High Caves. It was (mostly) fixed in the Greatest Hits version, but that came out way after launch, and PAL players never got it.

Speaking of the GH version, all its exclusive tracks are overlooked, especially Sorceress' Lair:

Kickin'. I have no idea why they chose Sunrise Springs for her fight in the original release, because it's really unfitting and funny for a final boss theme. PAL versions use the more fitting Spike theme, but the GH version knocks it out of the park. This theme fits the Sorceress and the intensity of a final boss so perfectly.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:15:20 12/12/2014 by Arc of Archives
Attackfrog476 Red Sparx Gems: 26
#12 Posted: 13:38:13 29/05/2015
Honestly, the music is the worst of the 4 Copeland games. Too repetitive and lacking progression and substance.

Spyro 1 is definitely king, idk how anyone can argue that. Spyro 2 comes in at a close second with more catchy music than the third and authentic instruments. ETD is third. And this game is last.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:45:53 29/05/2015 by Attackfrog476
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#13 Posted: 21:48:30 06/08/2015
I love this soundtrack so much, it's my favorite of all the games I think. Also, listening to it with really good headphones makes you appreciate it so much more and now I love it even more smilie
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
etherealspyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2267
#14 Posted: 23:32:06 29/08/2015
The soundtrack really is special, every time I listen to it i hear my childhood smilie
---
Furry trash tho
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#15 Posted: 16:57:44 30/08/2015
I think this also has the most variety between tracks, like I love the Spyro 1 soundtrack but the tracks don't vary that much, but in this one they're all completely different.
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me