Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 51 of 51
1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
willspyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5313
#2501 Posted: 10:25:56 13/06/2020
Inb4 they start defiling monuments of our Founding Fathers because they just happened to have ****ing slaves
---
すみません、白人が最悪かと心配でした
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 5192
#2502 Posted: 18:43:30 13/06/2020
There's a big problem.

Police reform that would do the most good - i.e. more rigorous training & education requirements - would require more funding.

Perhaps reallocation of funds is the best way to put it (because there is no earthly reason why police in a First World country need an APC).
somePerson Platinum Sparx [online] Gems: 5546
#2503 Posted: 05:24:46 15/06/2020 | Topic Creator
i really hate the coined term "im smart but lazy". no youre not smart, but you are lazy. these people love to say this phrase to comfort them as a reason why they are not living to expectation. chances are these people probably had a privileged childhood with good educational opportunities but didn't have the drive to do anything with it. wake up and realize that high school wasn't made to challenge you. it was made to teach you how to learn and motivate yourself. just because you get an "A" for a super easy high school class doesn't mean you are intelligent.

these people will also eagerly talk about how horrible the education system but not realize why it is.

go do something with your life for once. stop complaining how hard it is to sit inside and go on the internet all day that you don't even pay for.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 5873
#2504 Posted: 05:08:36 22/06/2020
I feel like men like including lesbians in the media they make because it gives them an excuse to get off to girl on girl stuff under the guise of being progressive.
I may be living under a rock, but I don't think I've seen men write nearly as much gay relationships as I have seen lesbian ones.
Feel free to prove me wrong on this. I kind of really hope someone can prove me wrong. ;~;
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5591
#2505 Posted: 09:02:59 22/06/2020
Quote: Bolt
I feel like men like including lesbians in the media they make because it gives them an excuse to get off to girl on girl stuff under the guise of being progressive.
I may be living under a rock, but I don't think I've seen men write nearly as much gay relationships as I have seen lesbian ones.
Feel free to prove me wrong on this. I kind of really hope someone can prove me wrong. ;~;

It's that, yes, for sure, but also because women are inherently more sympathetic than men. Men can find WLW relationships because it's hot but also due to the fact they can like it and think it's cute without feeling gay, and that's a big one.

Outside of Pascal Campion, I can't think of any straight male artist who is fine with drawing MLM art.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:19:10 22/06/2020 by HeyitsHotDog
#2506 Posted: 23:18:07 22/06/2020 | Topic Creator
I love b/w but the recent wave of nostalgia blindness for the game is quite annoying. The game isn't as great as people say it is. The lack of a dex was a good idea but executed very poorly. A good portion of Pokemon were locked away (zoroark), unavailable until getting the last badge (Durant), required too much grinding to obtain (bisharp), or gimped for no reason (unfeazant).

The story is super overrated too. It started off promising but it kinda forgot how to create conflict by saying only bad people use Pokemon for bad.

It was also the start of cutting out features like the battle frontier, competitions, etc. The post game is also super lacking.

I like the game but all these ds babies saying it's an underrated gem are blinded by the nostalgia they say genwunners have
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1780
#2507 Posted: 06:58:04 26/06/2020
Quote: somePerson
I love b/w but the recent wave of nostalgia blindness for the game is quite annoying. The game isn't as great as people say it is. The lack of a dex was a good idea but executed very poorly. A good portion of Pokemon were locked away (zoroark), unavailable until getting the last badge (Durant), required too much grinding to obtain (bisharp), or gimped for no reason (unfeazant).

The story is super overrated too. It started off promising but it kinda forgot how to create conflict by saying only bad people use Pokemon for bad.

It was also the start of cutting out features like the battle frontier, competitions, etc. The post game is also super lacking.

I like the game but all these ds babies saying it's an underrated gem are blinded by the nostalgia they say genwunners have

The Pokémon fanbase is a cycle
---
(✿≧▽≦)>> ☆
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
Samius Hunter Gems: 8289
#2508 Posted: 07:38:40 29/06/2020

That's an interesting though. Say a talented writer depicted a nuanced and interesting relationship between two women, but did it purely and openly just because he had a fetish for lesbians, would it devalue his work in your eyes?
---
Per aspera ad astra
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:38:56 29/06/2020 by Samius
#2509 Posted: 17:58:14 01/07/2020 | Topic Creator
I like the mcu and their movies but the fans are just so eh. These movies are made to be fun watches and the directors know that but for some reason a lot of fans like to overthink them and pretend they're high art. There's a reason why generic video essays about marvel movies get so many views.
#2510 Posted: 18:24:19 01/07/2020
I like the mcu and their movies but the fans are just so eh. These movies are made to be fun watches and the directors know that but for some reason a lot of fans like to overthink them and pretend they're high art. There's a reason why generic video essays about marvel movies get so many views.

I'd like to agree with this but also point out its a 2 way street. There's a lot of really excellent writers and directors at Marvel Studios that I kind of wish could get some time to be unrestrained and people could see what they could actually do without being forced into an overarching narrative. Exact same goes with LucasFilm.

This also goes for DC as well. I'm really not a fan of the DCEU at all, and think a lot of their disconnected works are extremely overrated (Joker, specifically) but I wish Zack Snyder actually got his fair shake for Justice League, and I'm glad it's actually happening for HBO Max. Same goes to David Ayer's Suicide Squad as well.

I just want to see these directors do things with these characters and settings unrestrained and on their own terms, not by some studio mandate. I disagree when Scorsese said that these big blockbusters aren't art, any film is art whether people like him want to believe it or not, but they could be so much more without having all that corporate interference.
---
(✿≧▽≦)>> ☆
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:38 01/07/2020 by Vespi
#2511 Posted: 18:55:52 01/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Yeah hearing about Edgar wright quitting ant man because the studio wanted to control the movie kinda sucked to hear about
#2512 Posted: 19:55:20 01/07/2020
Yeah hearing about Edgar wright quitting ant man because the studio wanted to control the movie kinda sucked to hear about

Same with Scott Derrickson. smilie
---
(✿≧▽≦)>> ☆
#2513 Posted: 22:02:09 01/07/2020
Quote: Samius

That's an interesting though. Say a talented writer depicted a nuanced and interesting relationship between two women, but did it purely and openly just because he had a fetish for lesbians, would it devalue his work in your eyes?

I am 100% sure that this is the case for the relationship between Thelma Harris and Nicole Dormer in The Man in the High Castle

Obviously they're not high art but I think they've accomplished more than being fun watches. There's so much more thought and effort put into them than practically every other popcorn blockbuster franchise.

EDIT: Removed spoiler because I remembered the show's been over for a year
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:06:33 01/07/2020 by Metallo
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 5568
#2514 Posted: 16:37:11 02/07/2020
Autoplay in gaming should not exist and it always amuse me when people who defend it can only find weak arguments without telling me exactly why it’s needed, ok you lack time I get it but there’s nothing keeping you from saving or in an online game just shutting it down, I play games I don’t watch them unless I need a tip for a part I’m struggling with.

Lower your pitchforks, I respect your personal tastes but for me watching a bot do everything feel boring and feel like a glorified screensaver. It always make me sad when a huge 3D open world game is announced....on mobile and it’s a pay2win automated grindfest, when high quality fully manual titles get rejected due to the race to the bottom of not wanting to pay for games and copypasted titles win over originality and creativity.

Before you retort with a mocking statement about my age, be aware that I’m just 24 nearly 25.
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope but sometime fear cloud our visions, sometime our strength give out....
#2515 Posted: 16:56:22 02/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: fyra
Autoplay in gaming should not exist and it always amuse me when people who defend it can only find weak arguments without telling me exactly why it’s needed, ok you lack time I get it but there’s nothing keeping you from saving or in an online game just shutting it down, I play games I don’t watch them unless I need a tip for a part I’m struggling with.

Lower your pitchforks, I respect your personal tastes but for me watching a bot do everything feel boring and feel like a glorified screensaver. It always make me sad when a huge 3D open world game is announced....on mobile and it’s a pay2win automated grindfest, when high quality fully manual titles get rejected due to the race to the bottom of not wanting to pay for games and copypasted titles win over originality and creativity.

Before you retort with a mocking statement about my age, be aware that I’m just 24 nearly 25.

When you're playing gatchas while watching TV it's pretty helpful.
multitasking while grinding items in a game is a great way to kill two birds with one stone. you can always just turn auto playoff but when you're doing homework and don't want to give your full attention to a game its a great feature to have. I've been playing dragalia lost a lot lately and its been an absolute blast. having the game autopilot while i do stuff in the background is what I've been doing for most of my playtime but i still play it constantly enough to where i can whale to the game and consider it a worthwhile investment.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:21:55 02/07/2020 by somePerson
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3892
#2516 Posted: 18:53:14 02/07/2020
Understandable.
I recall finding autotrack mounts stupid because it was like having someone play the game for you. Then I came to miss them when a game didn't have it. I found myself ridiculing autoplay games for the same issue. Then I tried one and found that some were actually fun only during specific times. Mostly when I wanted to play a game, but didn't wanted to pay much attention to it. Sort of like when you're waiting around and just need to do something with your hands but can't really get invested in the game. Don't think everyone would feel this way, but I suppose this would be my defense for it. Why it would be needed, I'd just say it's just a somewhat interactive 'background noise'. I still find them silly, a game where you don't really play and mostly watch. However, they have come in real handy during those 'just waiting' moments.

But yeah, to each their own. I personally wish they would stop making Visual Novels, like that's just a choose your own adventure book(IF YOU CAN CALL THOSE CHOICES) with animated pictures(SOMETIMES), but I understand that just because I don't find it appealing, there are those that for some reason do look forward to them.
#2517 Posted: 19:17:25 02/07/2020
To be fair when I complain about autoplay, it is not the fact it exist(I play manually anyway so I just ignore it like I do with Dragalia Lost) but when it’s so automated that there’s barely any gameplay even if the description and screenshots boasts how huge the world is and gorgeous it is, when skills are gone so playing become pointless and if you do decide to play, the game is so tasteless and boring that manual play feel boring. I hate those extremes more precisely over simply just having the option.
---
Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope but sometime fear cloud our visions, sometime our strength give out....
#2518 Posted: 20:48:04 02/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: wspyro
Understandable.
I recall finding autotrack mounts stupid because it was like having someone play the game for you. Then I came to miss them when a game didn't have it. I found myself ridiculing autoplay games for the same issue. Then I tried one and found that some were actually fun only during specific times. Mostly when I wanted to play a game, but didn't wanted to pay much attention to it. Sort of like when you're waiting around and just need to do something with your hands but can't really get invested in the game. Don't think everyone would feel this way, but I suppose this would be my defense for it. Why it would be needed, I'd just say it's just a somewhat interactive 'background noise'. I still find them silly, a game where you don't really play and mostly watch. However, they have come in real handy during those 'just waiting' moments.

But yeah, to each their own. I personally wish they would stop making Visual Novels, like that's just a choose your own adventure book(IF YOU CAN CALL THOSE CHOICES) with animated pictures(SOMETIMES), but I understand that just because I don't find it appealing, there are those that for some reason do look forward to them.

i find visual novels a chore to get through when they are introduced in different games.
#2519 Posted: 21:18:29 02/07/2020
I am thankful to visual novels for bringing over some good anime. Still, doesn't make them fun games IMO. I do find it cute that some have tried to implement little 2D mini games here and there to add some gameplay element.
#2520 Posted: 21:22:20 02/07/2020
In my case, I surprisingly adore them as I adore story but well I know that I’m a minority in the gaming community, Steins Gate is super interesting, Ace Attorney have great writing and is hilarious, Ghost Trick have a great story and the time puzzle are really fun.
---
LeewweewoowheeH Red Sparx Gems: 60
#2521 Posted: 21:35:08 02/07/2020
+1 for absolutely thinking visual novels are good games. i mean they're mostly for story anyway i prefer them to everything besides puyo puyo tetris lol
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#2522 Posted: 21:55:23 02/07/2020
hey man those puyo puyo girls be cute tho

In my case, I surprisingly adore them as I adore story but well I know that I’m a minority in the gaming community, Steins Gate is super interesting, Ace Attorney have great writing and is hilarious, Ghost Trick have a great story and the time puzzle are really fun.

To be honest, my dislike of Visual Novels seem to be in the minority with my weeb friends. So I can't really fit in when they go off talking about them. Seems like anyone that enjoys anime plays them and enjoys them. I guess it really comes down with who you surround yourself with.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:36 02/07/2020 by wspyro
LeewweewoowheeH Red Sparx Gems: 60
#2523 Posted: 22:02:02 02/07/2020
Quote: wspyro
hey man those puyo puyo girls be cute tho

To be honest, my dislike of Visual Novels seem to be in the minority with my weeb friends. So I can't really fit in when they go off talking about them. Seems like anyone that enjoys anime plays them and enjoys them. I guess it really comes down with who you surround yourself with.

cool there it is someone else here knows it!
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#2524 Posted: 00:01:56 03/07/2020 | Topic Creator
When you hear people complain about school not preparing them for life or needing a tax class they are just complaining to complain. Most people who complain about "life skill classes" not being taught are the same people who blame others for the failures and fail to put an effort to fix it. If these classes would exist they still wouldnt pay attention to them.
You don't need school to teach you life skills. They're life skills because you learn them from life. Nothing's stopping you from learning these skills. Just because you don't go to school anymore doesn't mean you don't have to stop learning.

Off note: I think schools and education need a reform
#2525 Posted: 23:39:39 03/07/2020
Quote: Samius

I would be a little uncomfortable watching it, definitely. But I'm that way when the director has a clear fetish that they're showing off in their work (icarly will never be the same for me). If its got overly sexual about particular things, I'm personally not into it. And I don't think it's as big of a thing in mainstream media because its mostly male dominated, but I'm not really for straight girls having a peculiar interest in gay relationships either, because I've found that to be a thing as well. :T
Sort of a tangent, but I don't like out of place sex scenes in the media either and if I see one that I personally think is unnecessary, it'll devalue the work for me. Sort of along the same line as shock value and jumpscares aha. I'm a tough judge, I think. ><;

Of course, I'm not saying that people can't write things like this! Go right ahead if that's what you want. Life isn't about nitpicking media tastes. I will personally just steer quite clear of it, thanks. lol
---
I draw stuff.
#2526 Posted: 15:58:11 05/07/2020
Theory of a Deadman is alright.

Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" might be the best rock song of that decade.
#2527 Posted: 04:30:07 06/07/2020
Quote: Metallo
Theory of a Deadman is alright.

Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" might be the best rock song of that decade.

Um yeah?? Nickleback is great and I grew up with their music???? Don't diss my dad's brilliant taste?????????????????
---
I draw stuff.
#2528 Posted: 17:51:18 06/07/2020 | Topic Creator
people are more likely to be discriminated for their political views than their race or gender
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:24:42 06/07/2020 by somePerson
BroGuy Blue Sparx Gems: 787
#2529 Posted: 02:00:08 07/07/2020
people are more likely to be discriminated for their political views than their race or gender

objectively incorrect
---
No U
First | Previous | Page 51 of 51
1 2 3 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me