Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 51 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#2501 Posted: 10:25:56 13/06/2020
Inb4 they start defiling monuments of our Founding Fathers because they just happened to have ****ing slaves
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2502 Posted: 18:43:30 13/06/2020
There's a big problem.

Police reform that would do the most good - i.e. more rigorous training & education requirements - would require more funding.

Perhaps reallocation of funds is the best way to put it (because there is no earthly reason why police in a First World country need an APC).
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2503 Posted: 05:24:46 15/06/2020 | Topic Creator
i really hate the coined term "im smart but lazy". no youre not smart, but you are lazy. these people love to say this phrase to comfort them as a reason why they are not living to expectation. chances are these people probably had a privileged childhood with good educational opportunities but didn't have the drive to do anything with it. wake up and realize that high school wasn't made to challenge you. it was made to teach you how to learn and motivate yourself. just because you get an "A" for a super easy high school class doesn't mean you are intelligent.

these people will also eagerly talk about how horrible the education system but not realize why it is.

go do something with your life for once. stop complaining how hard it is to sit inside and go on the internet all day that you don't even pay for.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2504 Posted: 05:08:36 22/06/2020
I feel like men like including lesbians in the media they make because it gives them an excuse to get off to girl on girl stuff under the guise of being progressive.
I may be living under a rock, but I don't think I've seen men write nearly as much gay relationships as I have seen lesbian ones.
Feel free to prove me wrong on this. I kind of really hope someone can prove me wrong. ;~;
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2505 Posted: 09:02:59 22/06/2020
Quote: Bolt
I feel like men like including lesbians in the media they make because it gives them an excuse to get off to girl on girl stuff under the guise of being progressive.
I may be living under a rock, but I don't think I've seen men write nearly as much gay relationships as I have seen lesbian ones.
Feel free to prove me wrong on this. I kind of really hope someone can prove me wrong. ;~;

It's that, yes, for sure, but also because women are inherently more sympathetic than men. Men can find WLW relationships because it's hot but also due to the fact they can like it and think it's cute without feeling gay, and that's a big one.

Outside of Pascal Campion, I can't think of any straight male artist who is fine with drawing MLM art.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:19:10 22/06/2020 by HeyitsHotDog
#2506 Posted: 23:18:07 22/06/2020 | Topic Creator
I love b/w but the recent wave of nostalgia blindness for the game is quite annoying. The game isn't as great as people say it is. The lack of a dex was a good idea but executed very poorly. A good portion of Pokemon were locked away (zoroark), unavailable until getting the last badge (Durant), required too much grinding to obtain (bisharp), or gimped for no reason (unfeazant).

The story is super overrated too. It started off promising but it kinda forgot how to create conflict by saying only bad people use Pokemon for bad.

It was also the start of cutting out features like the battle frontier, competitions, etc. The post game is also super lacking.

I like the game but all these ds babies saying it's an underrated gem are blinded by the nostalgia they say genwunners have
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2507 Posted: 06:58:04 26/06/2020
Quote: somePerson
I love b/w but the recent wave of nostalgia blindness for the game is quite annoying. The game isn't as great as people say it is. The lack of a dex was a good idea but executed very poorly. A good portion of Pokemon were locked away (zoroark), unavailable until getting the last badge (Durant), required too much grinding to obtain (bisharp), or gimped for no reason (unfeazant).

The story is super overrated too. It started off promising but it kinda forgot how to create conflict by saying only bad people use Pokemon for bad.

It was also the start of cutting out features like the battle frontier, competitions, etc. The post game is also super lacking.

I like the game but all these ds babies saying it's an underrated gem are blinded by the nostalgia they say genwunners have

The Pokémon fanbase is a cycle
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#2508 Posted: 07:38:40 29/06/2020

That's an interesting though. Say a talented writer depicted a nuanced and interesting relationship between two women, but did it purely and openly just because he had a fetish for lesbians, would it devalue his work in your eyes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:38:56 29/06/2020 by Samius
#2509 Posted: 17:58:14 01/07/2020 | Topic Creator
I like the mcu and their movies but the fans are just so eh. These movies are made to be fun watches and the directors know that but for some reason a lot of fans like to overthink them and pretend they're high art. There's a reason why generic video essays about marvel movies get so many views.
#2510 Posted: 18:24:19 01/07/2020
I like the mcu and their movies but the fans are just so eh. These movies are made to be fun watches and the directors know that but for some reason a lot of fans like to overthink them and pretend they're high art. There's a reason why generic video essays about marvel movies get so many views.

I'd like to agree with this but also point out its a 2 way street. There's a lot of really excellent writers and directors at Marvel Studios that I kind of wish could get some time to be unrestrained and people could see what they could actually do without being forced into an overarching narrative. Exact same goes with LucasFilm.

This also goes for DC as well. I'm really not a fan of the DCEU at all, and think a lot of their disconnected works are extremely overrated (Joker, specifically) but I wish Zack Snyder actually got his fair shake for Justice League, and I'm glad it's actually happening for HBO Max. Same goes to David Ayer's Suicide Squad as well.

I just want to see these directors do things with these characters and settings unrestrained and on their own terms, not by some studio mandate. I disagree when Scorsese said that these big blockbusters aren't art, any film is art whether people like him want to believe it or not, but they could be so much more without having all that corporate interference.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:38 01/07/2020 by Vespi
#2511 Posted: 18:55:52 01/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Yeah hearing about Edgar wright quitting ant man because the studio wanted to control the movie kinda sucked to hear about
#2512 Posted: 19:55:20 01/07/2020
Yeah hearing about Edgar wright quitting ant man because the studio wanted to control the movie kinda sucked to hear about

Same with Scott Derrickson. smilie
#2513 Posted: 22:02:09 01/07/2020
Quote: Samius

That's an interesting though. Say a talented writer depicted a nuanced and interesting relationship between two women, but did it purely and openly just because he had a fetish for lesbians, would it devalue his work in your eyes?

I am 100% sure that this is the case for the relationship between Thelma Harris and Nicole Dormer in The Man in the High Castle

Obviously they're not high art but I think they've accomplished more than being fun watches. There's so much more thought and effort put into them than practically every other popcorn blockbuster franchise.

EDIT: Removed spoiler because I remembered the show's been over for a year
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:06:33 01/07/2020 by Metallo
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#2514 Posted: 16:37:11 02/07/2020
Autoplay in gaming should not exist and it always amuse me when people who defend it can only find weak arguments without telling me exactly why it’s needed, ok you lack time I get it but there’s nothing keeping you from saving or in an online game just shutting it down, I play games I don’t watch them unless I need a tip for a part I’m struggling with.

Lower your pitchforks, I respect your personal tastes but for me watching a bot do everything feel boring and feel like a glorified screensaver. It always make me sad when a huge 3D open world game is announced....on mobile and it’s a pay2win automated grindfest, when high quality fully manual titles get rejected due to the race to the bottom of not wanting to pay for games and copypasted titles win over originality and creativity.

Before you retort with a mocking statement about my age, be aware that I’m just 24 nearly 25.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2515 Posted: 16:56:22 02/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: fyra
Autoplay in gaming should not exist and it always amuse me when people who defend it can only find weak arguments without telling me exactly why it’s needed, ok you lack time I get it but there’s nothing keeping you from saving or in an online game just shutting it down, I play games I don’t watch them unless I need a tip for a part I’m struggling with.

Lower your pitchforks, I respect your personal tastes but for me watching a bot do everything feel boring and feel like a glorified screensaver. It always make me sad when a huge 3D open world game is announced....on mobile and it’s a pay2win automated grindfest, when high quality fully manual titles get rejected due to the race to the bottom of not wanting to pay for games and copypasted titles win over originality and creativity.

Before you retort with a mocking statement about my age, be aware that I’m just 24 nearly 25.

When you're playing gatchas while watching TV it's pretty helpful.
multitasking while grinding items in a game is a great way to kill two birds with one stone. you can always just turn auto playoff but when you're doing homework and don't want to give your full attention to a game its a great feature to have. I've been playing dragalia lost a lot lately and its been an absolute blast. having the game autopilot while i do stuff in the background is what I've been doing for most of my playtime but i still play it constantly enough to where i can whale to the game and consider it a worthwhile investment.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:21:55 02/07/2020 by somePerson
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#2516 Posted: 18:53:14 02/07/2020
Understandable.
I recall finding autotrack mounts stupid because it was like having someone play the game for you. Then I came to miss them when a game didn't have it. I found myself ridiculing autoplay games for the same issue. Then I tried one and found that some were actually fun only during specific times. Mostly when I wanted to play a game, but didn't wanted to pay much attention to it. Sort of like when you're waiting around and just need to do something with your hands but can't really get invested in the game. Don't think everyone would feel this way, but I suppose this would be my defense for it. Why it would be needed, I'd just say it's just a somewhat interactive 'background noise'. I still find them silly, a game where you don't really play and mostly watch. However, they have come in real handy during those 'just waiting' moments.

But yeah, to each their own. I personally wish they would stop making Visual Novels, like that's just a choose your own adventure book(IF YOU CAN CALL THOSE CHOICES) with animated pictures(SOMETIMES), but I understand that just because I don't find it appealing, there are those that for some reason do look forward to them.
#2517 Posted: 19:17:25 02/07/2020
To be fair when I complain about autoplay, it is not the fact it exist(I play manually anyway so I just ignore it like I do with Dragalia Lost) but when it’s so automated that there’s barely any gameplay even if the description and screenshots boasts how huge the world is and gorgeous it is, when skills are gone so playing become pointless and if you do decide to play, the game is so tasteless and boring that manual play feel boring. I hate those extremes more precisely over simply just having the option.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2518 Posted: 20:48:04 02/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: wspyro
Understandable.
I recall finding autotrack mounts stupid because it was like having someone play the game for you. Then I came to miss them when a game didn't have it. I found myself ridiculing autoplay games for the same issue. Then I tried one and found that some were actually fun only during specific times. Mostly when I wanted to play a game, but didn't wanted to pay much attention to it. Sort of like when you're waiting around and just need to do something with your hands but can't really get invested in the game. Don't think everyone would feel this way, but I suppose this would be my defense for it. Why it would be needed, I'd just say it's just a somewhat interactive 'background noise'. I still find them silly, a game where you don't really play and mostly watch. However, they have come in real handy during those 'just waiting' moments.

But yeah, to each their own. I personally wish they would stop making Visual Novels, like that's just a choose your own adventure book(IF YOU CAN CALL THOSE CHOICES) with animated pictures(SOMETIMES), but I understand that just because I don't find it appealing, there are those that for some reason do look forward to them.

i find visual novels a chore to get through when they are introduced in different games.
#2519 Posted: 21:18:29 02/07/2020
I am thankful to visual novels for bringing over some good anime. Still, doesn't make them fun games IMO. I do find it cute that some have tried to implement little 2D mini games here and there to add some gameplay element.
#2520 Posted: 21:22:20 02/07/2020
In my case, I surprisingly adore them as I adore story but well I know that I’m a minority in the gaming community, Steins Gate is super interesting, Ace Attorney have great writing and is hilarious, Ghost Trick have a great story and the time puzzle are really fun.
---
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#2521 Posted: 21:35:08 02/07/2020
+1 for absolutely thinking visual novels are good games. i mean they're mostly for story anyway i prefer them to everything besides puyo puyo tetris lol
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#2522 Posted: 21:55:23 02/07/2020
hey man those puyo puyo girls be cute tho

In my case, I surprisingly adore them as I adore story but well I know that I’m a minority in the gaming community, Steins Gate is super interesting, Ace Attorney have great writing and is hilarious, Ghost Trick have a great story and the time puzzle are really fun.

To be honest, my dislike of Visual Novels seem to be in the minority with my weeb friends. So I can't really fit in when they go off talking about them. Seems like anyone that enjoys anime plays them and enjoys them. I guess it really comes down with who you surround yourself with.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:36 02/07/2020 by wspyro
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#2523 Posted: 22:02:02 02/07/2020
Quote: wspyro
hey man those puyo puyo girls be cute tho

To be honest, my dislike of Visual Novels seem to be in the minority with my weeb friends. So I can't really fit in when they go off talking about them. Seems like anyone that enjoys anime plays them and enjoys them. I guess it really comes down with who you surround yourself with.

cool there it is someone else here knows it!
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#2524 Posted: 00:01:56 03/07/2020 | Topic Creator
When you hear people complain about school not preparing them for life or needing a tax class they are just complaining to complain. Most people who complain about "life skill classes" not being taught are the same people who blame others for the failures and fail to put an effort to fix it. If these classes would exist they still wouldnt pay attention to them.
You don't need school to teach you life skills. They're life skills because you learn them from life. Nothing's stopping you from learning these skills. Just because you don't go to school anymore doesn't mean you don't have to stop learning.

Off note: I think schools and education need a reform
#2525 Posted: 23:39:39 03/07/2020
Quote: Samius

I would be a little uncomfortable watching it, definitely. But I'm that way when the director has a clear fetish that they're showing off in their work (icarly will never be the same for me). If its got overly sexual about particular things, I'm personally not into it. And I don't think it's as big of a thing in mainstream media because its mostly male dominated, but I'm not really for straight girls having a peculiar interest in gay relationships either, because I've found that to be a thing as well. :T
Sort of a tangent, but I don't like out of place sex scenes in the media either and if I see one that I personally think is unnecessary, it'll devalue the work for me. Sort of along the same line as shock value and jumpscares aha. I'm a tough judge, I think. ><;

Of course, I'm not saying that people can't write things like this! Go right ahead if that's what you want. Life isn't about nitpicking media tastes. I will personally just steer quite clear of it, thanks. lol
---
I draw stuff.
#2526 Posted: 15:58:11 05/07/2020
Theory of a Deadman is alright.

Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" might be the best rock song of that decade.
#2527 Posted: 04:30:07 06/07/2020
Quote: Metallo
Theory of a Deadman is alright.

Nickelback's "How You Remind Me" might be the best rock song of that decade.

Um yeah?? Nickleback is great and I grew up with their music???? Don't diss my dad's brilliant taste?????????????????
---
I draw stuff.
#2528 Posted: 17:51:18 06/07/2020 | Topic Creator
people are more likely to be discriminated for their political views than their race or gender
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:24:42 06/07/2020 by somePerson
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#2529 Posted: 02:00:08 07/07/2020
people are more likely to be discriminated for their political views than their race or gender

objectively incorrect
---
NoUb
#2530 Posted: 06:40:21 07/07/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: BroGuy

objectively incorrect

do you want to say something meaningful to counteract my claim?

its more of an exaggeration but at least in the us i noticed that a lot of celebrities who come out as gay (lil nash x) or are proud of their ethnicity (most black celebrities rn) are considered brave or progressive while people like chris pratt are ostracized because they share a republican viewpoint. i can name a list of people i know who have been discriminated at work or school because they stated that they voted for trump and are called names or told that they don't understand. there has also been many incidents where people have been fired from jobs because of their political beliefs.

overall i think this stems from people thinking that "differing opinions" is a synonym for "asshole" or as you said "objectively wrong"
#2531 Posted: 21:59:07 07/07/2020
overall i think this stems from people thinking that "differing opinions" is a synonym for "asshole" or as you said "objectively wrong"

Ah yes, the very neutral, harmless Republican opinion of "LGBT people don't deserve civil rights." How dare someone treat someone else differently over such a minor disagreement.

EDIT: Or "freedom of religion only applies to my religion."

EDIT 2: Or "poor people don't deserve healthcare."

EDIT 3: Or "undocumented immigrants don't deserve trials."

EDIT 4: I don't need to go on. Some opinions really do make you an asshole, and yes, if you hold them, I will treat you like one.

So I think your viewpoint of "differing opinions aren't that bad" comes from an interpretation of "freedom as speech" as "if people say something you don't like, there's nothing you can do about it" And that's simply not true - you can respond.

Can I stop someone from saying something assholish? Absolutely not.

Can I respond by telling them what an asshole they are? Absolutely.

That's not discrimination.

Now, as far as firing and whatnot goes, I agree with you that that's wrong in most cases - however, in order to protect against that, we'd need to completely reform labor laws. And knowing your views, I'm pretty sure that's where our agreement would stop on this matter.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:16:04 07/07/2020 by Metallo
#2532 Posted: 23:35:34 07/07/2020 | Topic Creator

Ah yes, the very neutral, harmless Republican opinion of "LGBT people don't deserve civil rights." How dare someone treat someone else differently over such a minor disagreement.

EDIT 4: I don't need to go on. Some opinions really do make you an asshole, and yes, if you hold them, I will treat you like one.

So I think your viewpoint of "differing opinions aren't that bad" comes from an interpretation of "freedom as speech" as "if people say something you don't like, there's nothing you can do about it" And that's simply not true - you can respond.

Now, as far as firing and whatnot goes, I agree with you that that's wrong in most cases - however, in order to protect against that, we'd need to completely reform labor laws. And knowing your views, I'm pretty sure that's where our agreement would stop on this matter.

literally what you just typed is the definition of discrimination.
Quote: dictionary
the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually

isn't what you typed just categorizing republicans as people who all think the things you listed?

i go to a university in the south and there is a group called "College Republicans" who always have tables outside the courtyard. of course a lot of kids harass their table to the point where proclaiming yourself as a republican is socially unacceptable as nobody is willingly wanting to associate with them.

thing about freedom of speech is everyone is allowed to use it here. nothing wrong with responding to something you don't agree with. isnt responding also a use of the freedom? I am a really big opposer of censorship from things like movies to opinions being shut down. no i do not think that the freedom of speech means you cant get people to respond back. that's literally just living in a boring circle. nothing wrong with conversations about two different views. but when it becomes the equivalent of "shut up your opinion is incorrect because its not mine" is when i get a little antsy.

I don't even lean on a republican view lmao. i actually voted for the democratic party this year and when beto was campaigning in texas in 2018... but you know whatever
of course labor laws in the us need a reform. they are probably the most corrupt in the world compared to other countries. this is pretty obvious when you work at the bottom of a billion-dollar company
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:48:23 07/07/2020 by somePerson
#2533 Posted: 23:57:45 07/07/2020

literally what you just typed is the definition of discrimination.
Quote: dictionary
the act, practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually

isn't what you typed just categorizing republicans as people who all think the things you listed?

i go to a university in the south and there is a group called "College Republicans" who always have tables outside the courtyard. of course a lot of kids harass their table to the point where proclaiming yourself as a republican is socially unacceptable as nobody is willingly wanting to associate with them.

thing about freedom of speech is everyone is allowed to use it here. nothing wrong with responding to something you don't agree with. isnt responding also a use of the freedom? I am a really big opposer of censorship from things like movies to opinions being shut down. no i do not think that the freedom of speech means you cant get people to respond back. that's literally just living in a boring circle. nothing wrong with conversations about two different views. but when it becomes the equivalent of "shut up your opinion is incorrect because its not mine" is when i get a little antsy.

I don't even lean on a republican view lmao. i actually voted for the democratic party this year and when beto was campaigning in texas in 2018... but you know whatever
of course labor laws in the us need a reform. they are probably the most corrupt in the world compared to other countries. this is pretty obvious when you work at the bottom of a billion-dollar company

I brought up the LGBT aspect first because you mentioned the Chris Pratt episode as your biggest example. I mentioned it being a Republican viewpoint because you specifically mentioned them as well. I am aware that not all Republicans believe the things I mentioned - however, I have met plenty who do, and I treated them accordingly:

Quote:
"shut up your opinion is incorrect because its not mine"

When I encountered those people, for example, I didn't say that. I said "Shut up, your opinion is incorrect because it violates basic human dignity and respect."

That's where I'm coming from. When an opinion does that, it's no longer just a differing opinion. It's a toxic viewpoint that I don't want in my life or in my circle. If that's discriminatory, so be it.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#2534 Posted: 21:45:39 08/07/2020

Depends where you live and heavily disagree from my own personal experience

Despite my city being mostly left leaning my family still get harassed and threatened plenty just for speaking Spanish and just because my dad has brown skin. A lot of employees at stores or the DMV treat us like **** for it in addition to random weirdos in public who threaten to kill us or threaten to physically assault us

Uncle who voted for Trump has gotten nothing but support from the places he goes to. He might get a few silent frowns from time to time in public but he's never been treated differently in public for who he voted for

Also that's a very American-centric opinion.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:53:04 08/07/2020 by Iceclaw
#2535 Posted: 15:56:14 19/07/2020 | Topic Creator
way more people get academic scholarships than sports. It's really hard to get a sports scholarship because of how risky they are. It just seems like people have a bias because they think athletes have an easy life when really they have to train and practice most of the day.

Schools still spend too much on sports stadiums tho
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#2536 Posted: 18:37:09 25/07/2020
Dunno how unpopular this is but,

Apple Juice > Orange Juice
BroGuy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1079
#2537 Posted: 06:28:50 26/07/2020
that's an apples to oranges comparison.

not fair
---
NoUb
#2538 Posted: 23:19:10 26/07/2020
The very fact that unemployment incentivizes people not to work is proof that wages are too low.
#2539 Posted: 16:35:38 29/07/2020 | Topic Creator
I like the feeling of wrinkled skin after washing my hands for too long
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#2540 Posted: 16:58:55 29/07/2020
Now THAT'S an unpopular opinion if I've ever seen one
---
Twinkies and 2hus
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#2541 Posted: 05:04:40 30/07/2020
I am deeply uncomfortable with overzealous straight LGBT allies who’ll try and tell me what beliefs I should have, then treat me like a homophobic subhuman when I don’t behave the way they want me to. As a specific example, I prefer approaching discussions with those who voice anti LGBT sentiments with civility, because I believe in educating through conversation, rather than resorting to harassing them or being otherwise obnoxious, or worse, threatening their safety. I have a super difficult time thinking these people even give a damn about our rights. In my honest opinion I think they just wanna look good and cause harm to others for kicks.

I as a lesbian am simply not gonna be your darling little pawn for your hate speech. Nor will I perpetuate it, nor will I quit trying to educate others in a civil manner, and I don’t think I’m wrong in asking for civility from my own supposed “allies”, whether they’re trying to tear me down for trying to have important discussions, or whether they’re engaging with someone who’s just not up to date on facts and data surrounding human rights.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
#2542 Posted: 04:01:54 11/08/2020 | Topic Creator
Amazon workers get paid a fair amount.A starting job that takes a few hours of training, requires no education, and it has a starting pay that is double the minimum wage is super good. Plus a lot of benefits and discounts. Rules being strict is a good thing. Ever order something from Amazon and you get mad when it doesn't arrive the day of? Amazon is literally serving most of the country

If you think you're above the job then quit and get one that suits you. Learn a skill, go to trade school, make connections, move to a cheaper location, etc. Stop making excuses and blaming things to trick yourself into believing you're right
#2543 Posted: 01:14:43 12/08/2020
Learn a skill, go to trade school, make connections, move to a cheaper location, etc.

All of those things are far easier said than done, especially right now, and it's painfully obvious you've never had to do any of them.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:39:34 12/08/2020 by Metallo
#2544 Posted: 01:48:54 12/08/2020 | Topic Creator
Learn a skill, go to trade school, make connections, move to a cheaper location, etc.

All of those things are far easier said than done, especially right now, and it's painfully obvious you've never had to do any of them.

you know except i did most of them like learn a skill, made connections, moved to a cheaper area lol. uncle even went to trade school to become an electrician after not wanting to work in a nail salon for his life. i never said it was easy. life shouldn't be easy. who knew you actually had to work in life :(((((((
#2545 Posted: 01:53:53 12/08/2020

you know except i did most of them like learn a skill, made connections, moved to a cheaper area lol. uncle even went to trade school to become an electrician after not wanting to work in a nail salon for his life. i never said it was easy. life shouldn't be easy. who knew you actually had to work in life :(((((((

And you did all of those things on your own, with no assistance from your family or anyone else? You did them in the middle of a national crisis, too?
#2546 Posted: 02:23:18 12/08/2020 | Topic Creator

And you did all of those things on your own, with no assistance from your family or anyone else? You did them in the middle of a national crisis, too?

getting assistance from your family or anyone else is literally is literally the definition of a connection you need other people's help to move on in the world. you need people to teach you in school. you need other people to make connections. you can still do plenty during a national pandemic. learning a language, practising programming, online schooling, etc. people are also moving during a national crisis as well. trade schools are also available during the pandemic.

i never mentioned doing any of these own my own either. same thing with the national crisis. i never mentioned anything about that in my original post. you cant just add on random points to make your argument stronger. why the personal attack to humiliate me too? your post is similar to people who defend movies with "you cant complain because you never made a movie before". my original post was about amazon workers complaining about pay
#2547 Posted: 02:31:23 12/08/2020

getting assistance from your family or anyone else is literally is literally the definition of a connection you need other people's help to move on in the world. you need people to teach you in school. you need other people to make connections. you can still do plenty during a national pandemic. learning a language, practising programming, online schooling, etc. people are also moving during a national crisis as well. trade schools are also available during the pandemic.

i never mentioned doing any of these own my own either. same thing with the national crisis. i never mentioned anything about that in my original post. you cant just add on random points to make your argument stronger. why the personal attack to humiliate me too? your post is similar to people who defend movies with "you cant complain because you never made a movie before". my original post was about amazon workers complaining about pay

The family assistance aspect wasn't a random point. I brought it up because a lot of the people you're talking about - Amazon workers and the working class in general - simply do not have a support system. They don't have families or other networks they can depend on for assistance - usually, their families depend on them. Their professional networks, if they exist, need them to continue working in their sectors.

It's a hell of a lot easier to rise above when you have a support system, which you clearly did. That doesn't mean your work is worth any less - it just means that it's not nearly as easy for people who don't have that, a lot of whom might be working at Amazon and the other essential giants right now because that's all they can find. It just sounds like you're not thinking about what other people's circumstances might be like.

EDIT: Wording here and there to clarify.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 02:43:01 12/08/2020 by Metallo
#2548 Posted: 13:23:00 12/08/2020
I’m the only adult quebecer who like genre litterature according to what get made in our province, seem all of them are made for kids and teenagers.
---
#2549 Posted: 04:59:23 22/08/2020
I am really sick of the Owl House and completely refuse to watch it, not because of the fanbase or anything, but because equally good shows with equally important representation like Amphibia and Big City Greens are being completely and totally overshadowed by it.

On top of that, I guess as a fanbase thing, but I feel like a lot of people are only into it because of the fact it has LGBT characters. That’s awesome and super important and I’m glad it’s bringing people to a well crafted show, but any time I see anything at all about the show it’s always about the LGBT aspect. Not the story, not the characters, just one part of who the characters are and not what makes them interesting as a whole. I don’t know if I’m even saying this right, I’m just bothered that people primarily seem to care about it for the LGBT aspects rather than the intriguing story the creator is trying to tell that just so happens to have LGBT representation in it. It shouldn’t be the fans focus.

Anyways I’ll probably watch it a few years down the line when it’s over and everyone has finally shut up about it like Steven Universe. I just wish people would give its sister shows any attention at all.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2550 Posted: 11:38:12 22/08/2020
Quote: Vespi
I am really sick of the Owl House and completely refuse to watch it, not because of the fanbase or anything, but because equally good shows with equally important representation like Amphibia and Big City Greens are being completely and totally overshadowed by it.

On top of that, I guess as a fanbase thing, but I feel like a lot of people are only into it because of the fact it has LGBT characters. That’s awesome and super important and I’m glad it’s bringing people to a well crafted show, but any time I see anything at all about the show it’s always about the LGBT aspect. Not the story, not the characters, just one part of who the characters are and not what makes them interesting as a whole. I don’t know if I’m even saying this right, I’m just bothered that people primarily seem to care about it for the LGBT aspects rather than the intriguing story the creator is trying to tell that just so happens to have LGBT representation in it. It shouldn’t be the fans focus.

Anyways I’ll probably watch it a few years down the line when it’s over and everyone has finally shut up about it like Steven Universe. I just wish people would give its sister shows any attention at all.

While I am watching the show as it is super good. It just feels like everywhere I go it's focused on Lumity with the occasional mention of Eda's curse. There's an extreme hyper focus on the ship and it's getting out of hand. I understand many LGBT are starved for representation and to see it happening in a Disney of all things is a milestone but they need to cool it. Recently, the creator of the show made a tweet asking what TOH incentives would fans want to see in a charity stream and she was spammed with Lumity fan art. After all the madness, she flat out deleted the tweet. Despite the fact there's so much more to the show, the fact that a majority of fans focus on Lumity over everything else is genuinely depressing.

[User Posted Image]

Behavior like that is a very bad look for the fan base.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
First | Previous | Page 51 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me