Page 1 of 1
Is this game worth it? [CLOSED]
MetallicDragon Red Sparx Gems: 47
#1 Posted: 21:53:25 20/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Hi everybody. I recently bought Skylanders Swap Force for the Wii U. I am having a BLAST with it! Now, I was planning to get Giants and then Trap Team when it comes out. That means I'm left out for Spyro's Adventure, which isn't for the Wii U in the States. I bought the Wii U version of Swap Force, because I am afraid they will begin to phase out the last gen (Wii/PS3/360) and then I couldn't play the new games anymore.

So my question is, is it worth getting Spyro's Adventure for the Wii? The Portal of Power can go between systems, so I could easily go between the Wii U and the Wii with it, and I have series 1 Spyro, so I would be able to play it without buying another figurine. But how different is Spyro's Adventure from Swap Force? Is it worth tracking down Spyro's Adventure?

I'd appreciate any help in this matter smilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#2 Posted: 23:21:44 20/08/2014
Well any Skylander game that gives your toys a new adventure and exploration options is worth it .

Most fans here cheer the original skylanders for being less cartoony and a little more serious with a beautiful storyline and levels that are less random . Kaos is a bit more scary and intimidating i suppose .
It has a level 10 cap , only one difficulty setting and Heroic challenges which give stat boosts to your toy that supposedly carries over to swopforce but i never noticed anything .

Any of your new S2 or S3 toys that SSA recognised will work just fine on the SSA but no Wow pow no funny variant colour .I will be surprised if you only have a Spyro toy . I bet you have a few others you can use on SSA . Even if you dont well Swopforce has plenty reposes of some of the original toys still available and can be played in SSA .

In terms on monetary worth , if you find an SSA starter in a shop it should be on a massive clearance sale . If you are a skylander fan , i am sure you will enjoy SSA as much as Swopforce .

I read that you are a Spyro purist . Well with SSA you can customize your own pure Spyro Adventure . If You buy dragons peak adventure pack , you can explore a dragon kingdom level and get Sparx . There is also a Cynder and Dark Spyro toy to collect . smilie

Spyro has always been about dragons and there are lots of skylander dragons to collect .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:40:30 20/08/2014 by Dark fhoenix
#3 Posted: 02:09:28 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the big reply! I need to get started with getting more figurines, hehe. Somebody on here (I forgot who) linked a very awesome dragon, Flashwing, but I looked her up and she appears in Giants first, so she's a no-go for Spyro's Adventure. Cynder is cool though. She was one of the few things I liked in Legend of Spyro. I didn't want to use the others for Swap Force because I didn't like them very much. Stealth Elf is ok, but I wanted Spyro primarily. The others will probably grow on me after I've been playing and learning their stories.

I do want to play it, so I guess I'll keep an eye open for a cheap copy. Oh and Cynder, gotta have her next! I do have another question though, is there a lot to do like in Swap Force? Level 10 just seems kinda low.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#4 Posted: 07:18:48 21/08/2014
I'd say there's less to do compared to Swap Force. After you have finished the story 100% there's only Heroic Challenges.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#5 Posted: 09:26:44 21/08/2014
also the old wii graphic is worse than the ps3/x360/pc version... so going from swap force to ssa can be a shock, just a warning.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#6 Posted: 12:04:25 21/08/2014
How many figurines do you have Master Metallic ?
---
#7 Posted: 15:34:17 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I see. I was afraid there would be less to do, which kinda puts a damper on it. Generally though, first games in series are like that, so it's to be expected I suppose. And I'm not worried about graphics. If the game is fun, then the graphics don't matter that much to me smilie. I still play old school Doom, hehe.

And I have 4 measly toys. The 3 that came with Swap Force, plus Spyro from the original series. I bought Spyro special because it felt criminal to have Skylanders without him. Cynder was going to be my next one for sure, then, I'm not sure. I have enough money to get 2 right now, so I'm trying to plan it carefully.
#8 Posted: 15:50:36 21/08/2014
Oh oh might i recommend Whirlwind ? Her Soul Gem power can heal other Skylanders . Even if you are a single player , you can just switch on player two , pop her on and give first aid . No other Skylander can do that for her friends . Having less warriors makes healing them more valuable .

Ahh yes and she is a dragon .
---
#9 Posted: 17:36:41 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Ooh, Whirlwind is neat! I think I've decided to get Cynder first, then Flashwing, then Whirlwind. I'll pick up Spyro's Adventure along the way somewhere. I looked it up online, and the game itself is amazingly cheap now. Thanks for the help, everyone!
#10 Posted: 23:32:19 23/08/2014
Surgeon General,s Warning : Skylanders are addictive . smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me