Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 39 of 44 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
Five Nights at Freddy's
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1901 Posted: 07:27:33 23/01/2016
Did my first look on the game. Just for users who plan on buying the game. Kind of blinding because of the flashing when attacks happen, so I tried lowering the brightness.

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:57:53 23/01/2016 by Aura24
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#1902 Posted: 09:13:36 23/01/2016
The flashing dosent really bother me much I'm used to it also if the attacks are flashy why not perform an attack 1 by one not all at once just my opinion.
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
#1903 Posted: 09:21:23 23/01/2016
The enemies actually attack automatically regardless if no action is taken, even if there are brief pauses.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#1904 Posted: 16:55:52 23/01/2016
Quote: Aura24
The enemies actually attack automatically regardless if no action is taken, even if there are brief pauses.

Then it's settle. It needs to be quick then.
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1905 Posted: 17:35:04 23/01/2016
Quote: Eevee88
Hey, everyone wanted it!

Just because everyone wants it doesn't justify rushing a game. That's like rushing Zelda U and releasing it in 2014 when it was announced because "everyone wanted it." Look at Sonic 06, that game turned out like trash because it was rushed. Scott's literally milking the series dry.
---
words. letters. filler.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1906 Posted: 17:46:23 23/01/2016
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Hey, everyone wanted it!

Just because everyone wants it doesn't justify rushing a game. That's like rushing Zelda U and releasing it in 2014 when it was announced because "everyone wanted it." Look at Sonic 06, that game turned out like trash because it was rushed. Scott's literally milking the series dry.

See: Hard Mode ending
---
you never saw me
#1907 Posted: 18:39:42 23/01/2016
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Hey, everyone wanted it!

It was only after FOUR GAMES that he realized how rushed World is.
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1908 Posted: 19:11:15 23/01/2016
Honestly after playing a lot more of FNaF World I really have to wonder what went wrong.

I respect Scott a lot as a developer and I'm glad he had to balls to admit he rushed this game but this is by far the worst FNaF game so far. Even with all the things Scott is adding to the game(attack/item descriptions, stat pages for characters, etc), it's a really basic and bland RPG.

My biggest issue is with the battle system itself. there's no real strategy involved with it, You just keep mashing attacks and abilities and hope you can do it faster than enemies. and this game's pacing is WAY too fast. There's nothing wrong with battles being fast paced, but the battles feel like going over the speed limit of a highway. using attacks and whatnot requires lighting reflexes because the gameplay is so freaking fast. And it doesn't help that there's so much that ends up going on the screen because of it, and then there ends up being numerous flashy effects. many times I had to look away from the screen because of how flashy it is.

the pacing is even butchered in the rest of the game. battles come out of completely nowhere in the overworld, and there isn't really a lot of dialogue. not to mention that character unlocks just sort of happen out of nowhere as well and it just comes off as lazy. and there isn't really much story at all because there's so little dialogue, and what dialogue there is doesn't leave an impact since it quickly comes and goes.

You know what would've made this game a lot better besides the things missing from any basic RPG? not just better pacing, but better character. if the pacing of the game just slowed down, so that battles didn't come out of nowhere and quickly come and go, as well as unlockable characters, and so battles themselves could give players an actual chance to think, the game would've been SIGNIFICANTLY better. and there really should've been some character interaction in the game to make things more interesting. Imagine what Freddy and his friends would say to each other, or what they would think of their withered counterparts, or what all the characters would think of more obscure characters like Spring Bonnie or Shadow Freddy. This would've made the story so much more fun. At the very least there should've been more in-game dialogue.

But even with the slowed down pacing, the game is just really basic. It has a basic battle system, basic RPG mechanics, and basic items, that all for the most part don't really try to take advantage of the fact that this is an RPG based on a horror franchise.

Now granted, I haven't finished the game, but if story-wise this game does get better, then this is not a good way to start it. but there's definitely no way the battle system or the pacing get any better because that's the core gameplay for this game.

I hope Scott learned his lesson with getting trigger happy with his game releases and makes something much better after this game, FNaF or not, because this was a huge misstep for his franchise. And not just because he rushed it.
---
Cool cool.
#1909 Posted: 20:00:57 23/01/2016
The flashing effects actually caused a few reported seizures.
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#1910 Posted: 04:33:04 24/01/2016
anyone seen the fredbear easter eggs?

When you talk to him if you wait before hitting the "done" button. Everything will change. The graphics will change to 8-bit, and fredbear will say some very unusual things, hinting that there is actually more to the story here than "go here" "do this" "kill that" and so forth. And to be honest, weren't the main games like that? (aside from 4) The games themselves seem to have no story,just surviving night after night, simple. But when you start to look deeper, you find things, hidden easter eggs that slowly tell a story. Personally, that's why I fell in love with fnaf, not for the horror, not for the gameplay, not for the graphics, it was because the game didn't have the story set out in front of us, the joy was in finding the story, the truth, that made me like the game. I haven't seen too much of it, so I might be misinterpreting it, but the way I see it, even if it has bugs, is over all just an ok game, and was rushed, the "heart" of fnaf is still there, the mystery.

TLsmilieR - not denying the game may have problems, but it's not bad, and still has the important hidden story we've become accustomed to.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#1911 Posted: 06:18:09 24/01/2016
Well Scott always adds warnings that there flash effects for a reason.
---
#1912 Posted: 09:11:23 24/01/2016
Quote: sky-dragon

He added the warnings AFTER the seizure reports.
---
#1913 Posted: 09:13:37 24/01/2016
Quote: Aura24

He added the warnings AFTER the seizure reports.

Maybe he will release it for iOS once he completely updates the pc version to prevent further mistakes my guess
---
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#1914 Posted: 13:34:47 24/01/2016
Quote: kardonis
anyone seen the fredbear easter eggs?

When you talk to him if you wait before hitting the "done" button. Everything will change. The graphics will change to 8-bit, and fredbear will say some very unusual things, hinting that there is actually more to the story here than "go here" "do this" "kill that" and so forth. And to be honest, weren't the main games like that? (aside from 4) The games themselves seem to have no story,just surviving night after night, simple. But when you start to look deeper, you find things, hidden easter eggs that slowly tell a story. Personally, that's why I fell in love with fnaf, not for the horror, not for the gameplay, not for the graphics, it was because the game didn't have the story set out in front of us, the joy was in finding the story, the truth, that made me like the game. I haven't seen too much of it, so I might be misinterpreting it, but the way I see it, even if it has bugs, is over all just an ok game, and was rushed, the "heart" of fnaf is still there, the mystery.

TL;DR - not denying the game may have problems, but it's not bad, and still has the important hidden story we've become accustomed to.

idk if this should be spoiled but i'll do it anyway

He keeps telling you to find clocks, and these are the clocks with hands, and touching a clock will enter you into a minigame that is very reminiscent of minigames in the past games. I have no idea how this all ties in, but I'm sure someone will figure it out.

BOSS FIGHT SPOILERZ
There's also a secret Chipper boss that once you defeat goes on this monologue about how he was supposed to succeed, but the players didn't like his game, then FNAF took it away and he faded into obscurity. And then a "this isn't the last of me" cliche. But it's cool nonetheless.
---
you never saw me
#1915 Posted: 19:51:06 24/01/2016
That's cool, like, really cool.
---
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#1916 Posted: 23:11:02 25/01/2016
http://steamcommunity.com/game...689497772897600

Scott is an awesome guy. Shows that he cares about his work, not just the money.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:37:38 25/01/2016 by Hot Dog 542
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1917 Posted: 00:22:12 26/01/2016
^ aaaannnnddd Scott is my favorite developer again c:
---
My life is complete.
#1918 Posted: 01:01:53 26/01/2016
Okay, so Scott:
-suffered through a lot of personal problems after his games got a lot of negative reception
-turned that hate into the first FNaF
-created a huge fanbase off of the game
-created three sequels to his game in order to continue his story and lore, despite the sequels never getting as much praise
-donates hundreds of thousands of dollars to charity made from the FNaF games
-has shown enough care for his community that he's essentially become the Markiplier of the indie scene in terms of how he treats and respects his fanbase
-admits that he really messed up on FNaF World and apologizes to the community
-pulls FNaF World from Steam and decides to release it for free once it's completely finished as an apology to his fans

SCOTT CAWTHON IS A FREAKING LEGEND

I'm all for opinions and everything, but let me just say that if for some reason you dislike Scott himself regardless of what you think of the FNaF games or regardless of him "milking" the series then you are just flat out wrong. stuff like this is what not just indie developers, but triple-A companies in the gaming industry need more of. The way Scott has handled the love for the FNaF series, the community around it, and how he handled the controversy over FNaF World is absolutely astounding.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:11:05 26/01/2016 by pankakesparx456
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1919 Posted: 02:46:15 26/01/2016
Honestly, if I were to become an indie game maker, I'd want to be just like Scott. And by that I mean just how he respects his work and fans, not that I just want to copy the FNAF formula like people did with Candy, Wario, Chuck E. Cheese and so on...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1920 Posted: 02:55:48 26/01/2016
If it's gonna be free when it's finished, i'll try it!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1921 Posted: 11:37:06 26/01/2016
I got out of lurking this board to say this. Was never into FNAF(or horror in general), but I really found interesting hkw Scott does his thing. I almost thought that in the end he wasn't that clever of a person to rush the game out of the door like this, but seeing him realize the mistake so fast and without one bit of blaming others got all my respect back. My standards for indie devs is still Lab Zero Games, but he's definately someone to look up to.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1922 Posted: 14:08:45 26/01/2016
I was at my EB Games last night and discovered they were starting to bring out the FNAF merch. I saw a box of blind-bag collector clips first, however they could not be purchased until sometime next week. Would be nice for the lanyard I got there at the time.

Now if only I saw Pop! figures of FNaF...
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:09:32 26/01/2016 by LameLime
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4343
#1923 Posted: 21:32:04 26/01/2016
Wow.... Scott is amazing! Now I need to tell my dad this!! smilie ;p
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#1924 Posted: 23:12:01 26/01/2016
Go Scott! smilie
#1925 Posted: 23:56:21 26/01/2016
Quote: LameLime
I was at my EB Games last night and discovered they were starting to bring out the FNAF merch. I saw a box of blind-bag collector clips first, however they could not be purchased until sometime next week. Would be nice for the lanyard I got there at the time.

I'm waiting to hope to see pop figures but odd how you can't buy the blind bags maybe cause different locations since I own like 6 characters from those .
---
#1926 Posted: 00:14:02 27/01/2016
I never doubted him for a second.
---
#1927 Posted: 21:46:13 02/02/2016
I got my first collector clip and was lucky to get the Puppet. However, $10? It's as pricey as regular skylanders but without the RFID chip for a game and its smaller. But indie game merch is like that.

I plan to get more clips. Any spares I get, I'll customize them. A new use I can do for blind bag collectibles! Check my art topic for those customs.

I just realized collectible toys is a major hobby of mine, as well as customizing them!
---
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#1928 Posted: 02:50:09 03/02/2016

I'm waiting to hope to see pop figures but odd how you can't buy the blind bags maybe cause different locations since I own like 6 characters from those .

cool I wanna collect em all.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#1929 Posted: 21:02:16 10/02/2016
FNAF World is back!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:03:12 10/02/2016 by spyrothe111
#1930 Posted: 21:37:00 10/02/2016
The Steam version of the game also got updated to include the 3D overworld and whatnot, so he's probably going to update the steam version as well.

The game still has problems with its flashy graphics, battle system, and fast pacing, but overall it's SIGNIFICANTLY better now that i actually know what i'm doing and have a sense of progression now.
---
Cool cool.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#1931 Posted: 22:09:37 10/02/2016
YES! NO MORE CRAPPY OVERWORLD
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#1932 Posted: 01:33:35 11/02/2016
Now i need to just wait for the iOS version smilie
---
#1933 Posted: 17:29:56 19/02/2016
From scottgames.com:
[User Posted Image]

A timeline, perhaps?
---
#1934 Posted: 19:10:23 19/02/2016
Why am I thinking this will be the actual storyline of the whole FNAF series?

Or could it possibly have something to do about the FNAF movie?
---
#1935 Posted: 20:04:01 19/02/2016
Can anyone brighten it?
---
#1936 Posted: 21:21:13 19/02/2016
[User Posted Image]

From fnaf world.com

Scott also confirmed as playable character.
---
#1937 Posted: 23:22:24 19/02/2016
Plus purple man and chipper between jack o Bonnie and spring Bonnie you can only see his blue eye and coffe maker behind phantom foxy
---
#1938 Posted: 23:35:14 19/02/2016
Quote: skylandersspyro
Can anyone brighten it?

I used MSPaint to fill the black white, got nothing...
---
#1939 Posted: 01:36:15 20/02/2016
Quote: skylandersspyro
Can anyone brighten it?

I used MSPaint to fill the black white, got nothing...

[User Posted Image] no that just gets rid of it...
---
#1940 Posted: 01:50:13 20/02/2016
What are you talking about? I filled the whole solid black color only, you know, with the PAINT CAN? It's just titled "Fill with color". Usually things with colors that are just a tad above full black can be revealed when the full black is removed from the image.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:50:30 20/02/2016 by LameLime
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#1941 Posted: 02:34:49 20/02/2016
What are you talking about? I filled the whole solid black color only, you know, with the PAINT CAN? It's just titled "Fill with color". Usually things with colors that are just a tad above full black can be revealed when the full black is removed from the image.

Wow, that's really clever smilie
---
My life is complete.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1942 Posted: 03:20:32 20/02/2016

But that doesn't brighten the image or reveal any secrets... It just replaces all the black with white.
No racism intended.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#1943 Posted: 13:24:59 20/02/2016
Uugh, you guys don't know what I'm saying, so I'll just stop talking about this.
---
#1944 Posted: 14:49:02 20/02/2016
I get what you're saying, and I think it's actually a really good idea.
---
#1945 Posted: 17:14:50 20/02/2016
^Same, that's how a lot of people on /r/fivenightsatfreddys brighten images up.
---
#1946 Posted: 19:19:57 20/02/2016
I seen my fav youtuber razzbowski brighten up the image nothing was hidden not even in the elements of the page coding
---
#1947 Posted: 23:20:45 20/02/2016
Yeah, it is confirmed that there is nothing in that image. Right now. It can easily change at any moment, so be alert, people might not be trolling if suddenly they say there is something.
---
#1948 Posted: 07:17:52 21/02/2016
Also I keep counting the lines to see if any are added, don't know what importance that would have but it could be something to check for.
---
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4343
#1949 Posted: 07:25:17 21/02/2016
Quote: Hot Dog 542
Also I keep counting the lines to see if any are added, don't know what importance that would have but it could be something to check for.

That would be smart of Scott to add that in!
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#1950 Posted: 13:20:55 21/02/2016
Just something to remember guys, this 99.9999999% is NOT going to be a fnaf game. Scott's confirmed there's never going to be a fnaf 5, and fnaf world has a separate website. What this does mean however, is that it's going to be an entire new game, something I'm looking forward to. The image saves as "project", which is interesting...
---
First | Previous | Page 39 of 44 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me