darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > the grand prize winner for the FL contest is announced june 25th, tomorrow
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
the grand prize winner for the FL contest is announced june 25th, tomorrow
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#51 Posted: 00:07:14 26/06/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Quote: isaac343018s
Red isn't humaniod, and yes Drek he does show up in SSA, just under the name Flavius
[User Posted Image]

There's no evidence to support that Flavius is Red.

I'm pretty sure Flavius is red. I mean look at him. He looks pretty red to me.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#52 Posted: 00:53:48 26/06/2014
It's June 25th already. Has the winner been announced yet?
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#53 Posted: 00:57:36 26/06/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Red isn't humaniod, and yes Drek he does show up in SSA, just under the name Flavius
[User Posted Image]

Red as a proper name, referring to a character in Spyro games before Skylanders.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#54 Posted: 02:12:06 26/06/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
[User Posted Image]

Har dee har har...
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#55 Posted: 03:08:03 26/06/2014
Quote: stealth
Quote: GothamLord
I just DONT want Batspin to win, so they can reuse her later with the original name attached to her img file - Frightengale. I'm meh on the other two.

I love Frightengale i think it's clever, Bat Spin is just horrific

That sounds better than mine: Baton Rouge

Get it--bat on Rouge? sigh...
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#56 Posted: 03:14:18 26/06/2014
If her name had been Baton Rouge I would have found a way to vote multiple times with various emails and IP addresses. It would have been x10 better than Batspin, and highly more fun than Flip Wreck or High Five. To me anyways. Then again, I'm a southern boy stuck in Maryland.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#57 Posted: 15:03:01 26/06/2014
And so the winner of the FL contest remains a total mystery...
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#58 Posted: 20:55:11 26/06/2014
Sadsmilie I guess they aren't in wave 1
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#59 Posted: 22:47:23 26/06/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon

They haven't exactly been very forthcoming with information about this Skylanders game at all, so I'm not surprised they won't bother telling us right now anyway. Besides, you can't give an answer when you're too busy spending your day informing people you have no comment to almost every other question asked.

"Will this game have Skylanders in it?"

"We're not talking about that right now."

Thank you, Activision.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
ninjacat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#60 Posted: 23:06:20 26/06/2014
smilie^ exactly^

I think Activision is trying to save 2% of the people that wouldn't buy the game if they knew everything
---
BOW DOWN TO YOUR BELOVED RULER ~ :3 NUFF SED.
gnarlytreesnex Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#61 Posted: 23:23:30 26/06/2014
Will high five win?
Will flip wreck get chicken?
Will my apple juice ever arrive?
Find out in skylanders trap team!
#62 Posted: 23:24:23 26/06/2014
Quote: Eggers
Quote: TheShadowDragon

They haven't exactly been very forthcoming with information about this Skylanders game at all, so I'm not surprised they won't bother telling us right now anyway. Besides, you can't give an answer when you're too busy spending your day informing people you have no comment to almost every other question asked.

"Will this game have Skylanders in it?"

"We're not talking about that right now."

Thank you, Activision.

LOL, someone should ask some ridiculously stupid questions, just to see what they would say. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a legitimate quote. So, it seems Activision is acting squirrely on this one. I sense a disturbance in the Force...
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#63 Posted: 23:55:11 26/06/2014
Quote: GigaCamo
Sadsmilie I guess they aren't in wave 1

not necessarily.
To be honest, all of this could be a total farce. They could've finalized names for the characters about a month ago whenevever they got the ones they liked in and already have them printing now.

They've been kind of quiet about this whole thing so I dunno what to think at all.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#64 Posted: 02:27:52 27/06/2014
Quote: GothamLord
If her name had been Baton Rouge I would have found a way to vote multiple times with various emails and IP addresses. It would have been x10 better than Batspin, and highly more fun than Flip Wreck or High Five. To me anyways. Then again, I'm a southern boy stuck in Maryland.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I thought it was kinda cool, but perhaps too sophisticated for the target audience. You have to be drooling and barely out of diapers so Flip Wreck sounds about right smilie
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#65 Posted: 04:10:29 27/06/2014
Yeah, I went a bit too brainy on my entry as well.

"Kamiezot" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camazotz

Undead and bats though together. It made sense to me at the time.
#66 Posted: 13:48:46 27/06/2014
Wow, I am seeing a lot of animocity towards Trap Team as a whole. People aren't finding much to praise.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#67 Posted: 13:57:27 27/06/2014
The havent given much info to praise by keeping their cards so close to their chest.
#68 Posted: 15:10:10 27/06/2014
Quote: MugoUrth
Wow, I am seeing a lot of animocity towards Trap Team as a whole. People aren't finding much to praise.

We can only talk about what we know/are told, and what little information appears contradictory. If anything has an indictment right now it's the communication plan. But yet again, if they're marketing this to people with pacifiers in their mouths maybe that's not necessary.

I'm sure there's good news in this game...somewhere.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:13:29 27/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#69 Posted: 18:36:38 27/06/2014
It appears that when the game does come out there will be a lot of surprises since we know basically NOTHING about the game. That could be a good thing or bad, I'd like to be surprised since I am already set on getting the game regardless. If, after playing the game, I find it not worth the extra money on characters and what not, I will skip out on them.

Now for those people on the fence about getting the game, I know acti needs to do something. But I get the feeling no matter what they do it won't be enough, whether it be "Not enough Info on gameplay" or "Not varied enough in gameplay".
When I was young we didn't have internet or reviews or anything about video games, You'd buy it or play it at a friends house who had it. Most of the time the games sucked, sure, and you'd be mad about the waste of money, but other times you got something NEW and enjoyed it. It was a surprise that wasn't spoiled by too much, if any, information. If you don't want to risk it, then wait til the game comes out, but I say at least get the game if you already have a collection of skylanders.
#70 Posted: 19:38:28 27/06/2014
I'm getting the game just to have the game content for my army of skylanders. But not biting on anything else unless they've given a nod to the more mature gamers. They've said publically we don't care about them, so I suspect my investment this time will be going down 90%+.
---
#71 Posted: 20:11:31 28/06/2014
My plan exactly, until I play the game a bit and see what's worth purchasing, My DAY 1 haul will NOT be every single thing out that day. I probably won't be buying any traps due to price, future use, and limit on the villain.

Back on topic, Have we found out who won yet???
If not, WHEN?
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#72 Posted: 11:51:30 29/06/2014
https://fritolayskylanders.you.../promotion-over

According to the website, we'll know it later during the year... smilie
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#73 Posted: 12:27:11 29/06/2014
^you're a little late with saying so.
#74 Posted: 12:50:36 29/06/2014
We can pretty much assume Flip Wreck will win, but then again it could be High Five. We can pretty much rule out Bat Spin. ...Oh who am I kidding, we've pretty much entered a "What could POSSIBLY go wrong" type scenario. I have a nasty feeling it could still be Bat Spin.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#75 Posted: 16:02:45 29/06/2014
Quote: MugoUrth
We can pretty much assume Flip Wreck will win, but then again it could be High Five. We can pretty much rule out Bat Spin. ...Oh who am I kidding, we've pretty much entered a "What could POSSIBLY go wrong" type scenario. I have a nasty feeling it could still be Bat Spin.

I agree. The only reason that High Five was even a possibility was because he just happened to have a "5" on his artwork, there isn't anything remotely clever about it.

Flip Wreck, on the other hand, is a pretty punny portmanteau of Flipper and Shipwreck, both of which can easily be associated with him. While the backstory leaves much to be desired, the name is well thought out.

The name Bat Spin is... How do I say this? It is literally the dumbest Skylander name I've ever heard *In-character Wolfgang pushes me out of the way* Hey, Portal Master, let me handle this. *he clears his throat* That name is just... the worst.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#76 Posted: 18:03:26 29/06/2014
So all we get is "Later this year"? When the game comes out most likely, considering how hush hush Activision has been...
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#77 Posted: 18:13:10 29/06/2014
Toys for Bob expects the game to be finished late August/early September, so we'll probably see the name within the next month.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#78 Posted: 18:14:48 29/06/2014
The website said that after the winner was decided there would be a press announcement no more than 10 days later.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
assassinelf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1180
#79 Posted: 18:59:12 30/06/2014
Honestly, Wolfgang is the only name with an intelligent pun. A wolf musicion... Amadeus Wolfgang Mozart....

But if Boomer came from Officials, Bat Spin has a chance.

My entry for her was Night Storm... which my sister forced me to use. My original name was terrible anyway, though.
---
Rickinelf: I ship it
Check out Survivor! Season 10! In forum games! Yay!
#80 Posted: 22:13:24 30/06/2014
Quote: assassinelf
Honestly, Wolfgang is the only name with an intelligent pun. A wolf musicion... Amadeus Wolfgang Mozart....

But if Boomer came from Officials, Bat Spin has a chance.

My entry for her was Night Storm... which my sister forced me to use. My original name was terrible anyway, though.

I didn't connect the two until you said this. Now I love the character even more. It fits on literally every level. Bravo, Activision.

...And then we have Broccoli Guy.
---
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#81 Posted: 23:48:12 30/06/2014
Technically, I don't think Wolfgang is a pun, but it's a cleaver association none the less. Hot Dog could be a pun since the phrase is typically used to describe a meat product, not a flaming canine.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me