First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Leaving Skylanders?
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#51 Posted: 01:52:16 04/06/2014
Yea you can play all the older characters.. BUT, anyone notice how nerfed all of the older characters are?
They did it slightly between SSA and Giants, but there was a big difference with Swap Force. There are corelanders with higher stats than Giants.

Im trying to convince my son to switch DI2, but will probably get the starter pack and the Kaos crystal. Maybe the varients.

But all in all, they burnd me out on the character count to content ratio. Want to sell more characters? MAKE MORE GAME TO PLAY THEM IN!

And for Cthulu's sake... Updates work!

But I think this will be the last skylanders game. They cant innovate if they are still supporting the Wii, and the Wii is most of their audience. ALL other platforms combined sold as many as the Wii.
jedihunter15 Green Sparx Gems: 218
#52 Posted: 02:14:24 04/06/2014
Quote: Sickboy1138
But I think this will be the last skylanders game. They cant innovate if they are still supporting the Wii, and the Wii is most of their audience. ALL other platforms combined sold as many as the Wii.

Where did you get those numbers from?
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#53 Posted: 10:07:04 04/06/2014
I am more excited about Trap Team than I was with Swap Force, and I was quite excited with Swap Force so... I will buy every single figure released in store like I did with previous games smilie
---
bye
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#54 Posted: 14:45:53 04/06/2014
I haven't bought a Skylanders game proper since Giants and I haven't even played that one, so Trap Team is a no-go for me. The only figure I'm planning to get so far is Torch (and probably Stealth Elf again, assuming she doesn't look terrible like she did in SF).
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#55 Posted: 15:46:36 04/06/2014

While I agree with your sentiments regarding the Wii holding back development and the addition of in-demand features (online play, updates/patches, etc.), I don't believe this for a second. None of the people I actually know who play Skylanders play it on the Wii. The friend who got me into Skylanders during SSA initially purchased it for the Wii to play with his daughter and then immediately purchased the PS3 version upon seeing the difference between my gameplay experience and his. Seeing as the Wii has basically been all but abandoned, I'm going to have to ask for the source of those figures, as it sounds more than a little made up.

Quote: jedihunter15
Where did you get those numbers from?

My thoughts exactly. As poorly as the Wii versions of Giants and Swap Force have performed, I find it hard to believe that people would keep going back.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Sickboy1138 Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#56 Posted: 17:13:49 04/06/2014
Ive posted these before! But its basic common sense. Why would they continue to support the Wii if it wasnt the top selling platform.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Skylanders
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:16:42 04/06/2014 by Sickboy1138
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#57 Posted: 18:25:20 04/06/2014
Ive posted these before! But its basic common sense. Why would they continue to support the Wii if it wasnt the top selling platform.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Skylanders

Most ppl i know with skylanders have it for the wii because its the system they either only have or it's the system their kids play on and the xbox/ps3 is dad's/the adult one.
My son's friend lucus for example has it on the wii as they dont own any other system as he lives just with his mom and she doesn't barely plays video games at all, she bought the wii so that her son could play wii sports with her and such.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#58 Posted: 19:52:21 04/06/2014
looks like its gonna be a painful upgrade for some when skylanders are not coming for the wii...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#59 Posted: 20:18:33 04/06/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
looks like its gonna be a painful upgrade for some when skylanders are not coming for the wii...

It's always a painful upgrade when next gen systems come along. Face it, no matter which system you get, it will become obsolete in a matter of years - even those fancy new XBOnes and PS4s. No platform lasts forever, and while the last generation lasted longer than previous ones, technology moves on. The downfall of the last generation lasting so long is many people had to replace their systems along the way - early PS3s and XB360s had a tendency to run hot/loud and go bad.

The Wii owners at least have the benefit of going to WiiU and still being able to use their games if they sell their old Wii to help fund it as well as being able to still use their extra controllers.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#60 Posted: 03:53:06 05/06/2014

I am in that boat but looks like I will have to upgrade next year if I want to play skylanders again :-(
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#61 Posted: 11:19:51 05/06/2014
Quote: Snap Shot

I am in that boat but looks like I will have to upgrade next year if I want to play skylanders again :-(

this deal may lessen the pain...

GameStop Now Offering $50 Credit Towards Wii U When Trading In The Old Wii

read...
http://mynintendonews.com/2014...ing-in-the-wii/
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#62 Posted: 05:51:53 06/06/2014
Wii U finally waking up from the dead with Mario Kart 8 sales. Let's hope they can sustain the system sales. It's in everyone interests to have competition.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#63 Posted: 13:06:16 06/06/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Wii U finally waking up from the dead with Mario Kart 8 sales. Let's hope they can sustain the system sales. It's in everyone interests to have competition.

I aint worried, once Smash Brothers is out, those sales will be even better.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#64 Posted: 16:04:05 06/06/2014
Quote: MugoUrth

Yeah, but Nintendo's still on a sinking ship if they can't get their third party support going again. It seems like nearly everything they've released for the Wii U has been first party only. While I'm a Nintendo fan from the very beginning, I'm more than a little tired of having Mario (or Link/Zelda, Samus/Metroid, etc.) slapped onto everything. If Nintendo wants to stay relevant, they're going to need outside help.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#65 Posted: 16:08:29 06/06/2014
Quote: darkchylde28
Quote: MugoUrth

Yeah, but Nintendo's still on a sinking ship if they can't get their third party support going again. It seems like nearly everything they've released for the Wii U has been first party only. While I'm a Nintendo fan from the very beginning, I'm more than a little tired of having Mario (or Link/Zelda, Samus/Metroid, etc.) slapped onto everything. If Nintendo wants to stay relevant, they're going to need outside help.

-Doug

Yep. They can't do it alone. The ecosystem needs to be more vibrant.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#66 Posted: 16:28:23 06/06/2014
also they can stop releasing all their most wanted and popular games only on the the 3ds.... its no strange they dont sell as much of the wiiu. when everything is going to the 3ds, and the wiiu just get the bread crumbs.

pokemon
animal crossing
kid icarus
kirby
bravery default

are just a few of the big sellers that could help sell the wiiu.....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 9943
#67 Posted: 19:21:14 06/06/2014
also they can stop releasing all their most wanted and popular games only on the the 3ds.... its no strange they dont sell as much of the wiiu. when everything is going to the 3ds, and the wiiu just get the bread crumbs.

pokemon
animal crossing
kid icarus
kirby
bravery default

are just a few of the big sellers that could help sell the wiiu.....

Hyrule Warriors,The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 would like to have a word with you - and those aren't even mainstream Nintendo games.
Besides, most the ones you listed are mainly handheld games ,made for handheld consoles. Pokémon hasn't had a big console game in a looong while, Kirby always starts the generation on the handheld, etc etc.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#68 Posted: 20:31:00 06/06/2014
that is the bread crumbs i talk about... its just not enough to sell the wiiu. i know people that buy two animals crossing games, and two 3ds to get more out of the game.. animal crossing would sold wiiu like mariokart8... but its only a 3ds release.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 9943
#69 Posted: 20:40:56 06/06/2014
Well yeah, have you ever thought they wanted to take advantage of Street Pass over whatever unknown potential from the WiiU they didn't want to risk at the time? That's New Leaf's gimmick and from what I saw,it definately adds a lot to the game.
Smash 4 will now make use of the Skylanders-esque mechanics of the console, but even that's not guaranteed to work. You can't really expect them to make things that benefit from the 3DS' gimmicks just to sell another WiiU, they have to use what they have to keep the handheld going too. Sure I want the third Orre Pokémon game, but I want another handheld title which I know will work just as well as its previous titles more. Not that I can afford a 3DS, but that's what I expect from the franchise. Those franchises shone in the handheld (except maybe Bravely Default and Kid Icarus, but KI is Sakurai's baby and he does whatever he wants with it and BD is still experimenting with JRPGs), and that's why they went to the handheld first.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Thepokeman Blue Sparx Gems: 590
#70 Posted: 15:12:24 09/06/2014
I'm doing what I always do to save money, Buy the game and characters you like.
#71 Posted: 11:34:23 12/06/2014
i read that DI is ADDING new capabilities to existing 1.0 toys in 2.0 by giving them new skill tree capabilities, Skylanders get nerfed in new games and make you buy them all over again as series 2 to give you something new.

my staying/leaving bar look like this at the moment...

<--|--------->
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#72 Posted: 12:07:13 12/06/2014
the way i have always justified getting more and more figures, whether it is for skylanders or for DI, is comparing the price with some other form of entertainment, vs the amount of time i enjoy it.
For me, each new figure costs on average $20, either skylanders or DI.
If compared to going to the cinema, ticket costs $20, for 1.5-2 hours or entertainment.
If i am getting 2 hours of enjoyment out of a figure, i feel it is worth the money i have paid.

I also collect pop vinyl figures, which cost about the same as a DI or skylander figure, those i have a bit more trouble justifying hahaha, yet they keep multiplying as well.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#73 Posted: 12:27:31 12/06/2014
Quote: min8or
the way i have always justified getting more and more figures, whether it is for skylanders or for DI, is comparing the price with some other form of entertainment, vs the amount of time i enjoy it.
If compared to going to the cinema, ticket costs $20, for 1.5-2 hours or entertainment.
If i am getting 2 hours of enjoyment out of a figure, i feel it is worth the money i have paid.

I also collect pop vinyl figures, which cost about the same as a DI or skylander figure, those i have a bit more trouble justifying hahaha, yet they keep multiplying as well.

what is your staying/leaving bar?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#74 Posted: 12:53:26 12/06/2014
Well given the post E3 retrospective I'm...still very much out. It's odd because what I do want to buy from this game are going to be things to finish off my giants collection moreso: there's a big gap in my giants shelf that Krypt King can fill (and let's face it, he's pretty much a giant) and the sidekicks are now finally getting cards, or at the very least Barkley is. Save for the Jinx-like magic girl, the new cores don't interest me, leaving me keeping an eye out for any chase variants of older characters that are more worthwhile (the world needs Snowler Brawl, blast it!).

Main thing I'm keeping an ear to the ground for is whether or not we'll need a trap master of each element. I'm going to pour through the data to see what the variants are once more, but if I can complete the game without needs to keep around anything else then it's sales fodder time.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#75 Posted: 13:14:54 12/06/2014
Quote: min8or

what is your staying/leaving bar?

there is pretty much nothing either franchise, skylanders or infinity, can do the will make me leave either.
what i have seen that i like the look of far out ways the stuff i don't like.
I understand why people don't want to pay as much as these games end up costing, but i enjoy them enough to want to.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#76 Posted: 14:51:52 12/06/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
Well given the post E3 retrospective I'm...still very much out. It's odd because what I do want to buy from this game are going to be things to finish off my giants collection moreso: there's a big gap in my giants shelf that Krypt King can fill (and let's face it, he's pretty much a giant) and the sidekicks are now finally getting cards, or at the very least Barkley is. Save for the Jinx-like magic girl, the new cores don't interest me, leaving me keeping an eye out for any chase variants of older characters that are more worthwhile (the world needs Snowler Brawl, blast it!).

Main thing I'm keeping an ear to the ground for is whether or not we'll need a trap master of each element. I'm going to pour through the data to see what the variants are once more, but if I can complete the game without needs to keep around anything else then it's sales fodder time.

In one of Skylander Dad's videos, Lou from Activision says you only need one Trapmaster to access all of the secret traptanium areas of the game.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#77 Posted: 15:09:52 12/06/2014
Part of me feels like that I wish to quit Skylanders. But the other side of me refuses to relinquish my life for this awesome game series. I feel so torn.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#78 Posted: 15:24:33 12/06/2014
Quote: Corn_Hornet
In one of Skylander Dad's videos, Lou from Activision says you only need one Trapmaster to access all of the secret traptanium areas of the game.

I'll still be wary. I could see that stance changing if they suddenly notice many people aren't as interested in collecting all their new offerings.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#79 Posted: 15:38:34 12/06/2014
I'm just getting the game and a few characters.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#80 Posted: 15:53:28 12/06/2014
If you aren't too young, and want something similar in gameplay style (but far more in depth and challenging), go with Diablo 3 if you have a PS3/360 (or PC, even better). It can be very graphic and goth, so isn't good for the kids. No figure collecting and you can probably find it for cheap, or wait until August and get the version with the expansion. It is a good step up if you are tiring of Skylanders and haven't played it.
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#81 Posted: 17:14:08 12/06/2014
I'll probably buy any exclusives/variants but other than that I think I will wait to pick up the others after "Skylander5: Super Turbo Edition" is about to be released/announced. By then, there should be a ton of figures available on Craigslist/OfferUp/Facebook groups. My only possible gripe would be not having the cards/stickers but still might be a better way to go.

I've come to terms that I don't buy Skylanders/DI for the gameplay but rather for the collecting aspect. I haven't played either one since last December and I haven't even completely finished Swap Force. In any case, I will probably just pick up DI figures as they release simply because of Marvel.
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#82 Posted: 18:19:16 12/06/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
Quote: Corn_Hornet

I'll still be wary. I could see that stance changing if they suddenly notice many people aren't as interested in collecting all their new offerings.

With the last Toys For Bob game, we only needed one giant to access all of the giant-only areas. The trapmasters seem to work the same way.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me