darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Will they make the game for Wii or is the Wii done for?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Will they make the game for Wii or is the Wii done for?
Smolderbrawl Green Sparx Gems: 456
#1 Posted: 21:28:26 31/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Will they make Trap Team for the Wii? It's the only system I have aside from DSi. I remember the last Wii Games they made were Disney Infinity in August, then SSF in October, then Just Dance 2014 in December. Since then, we haven't heard a peep out of Wii games.
---
Skyler has ebolalalalalalalalalalala!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2 Posted: 21:28:58 31/05/2014
Yes, they will.
---
words. letters. filler.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#3 Posted: 21:55:52 31/05/2014
if you can i think it is time to update to a wiiu. the online is shutdown for the wii and last skylanders game on the wii was not of good quality compared to the other versions.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#4 Posted: 22:21:32 31/05/2014
I feel like you should actually make the switch to Wii U. Start saving for maybe Black Friday if you don't have the money...
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#5 Posted: 22:55:12 31/05/2014
The original Wii should have discontinued years ago. If people still want to play the old Wii games like Super Mario Galaxy, why can't they just play it on the Wii U, especially for much enhanced graphics? That's why I stopped playing the Wii and went for the Wii U. Creating the Wii version of Skylanders Trap Team will prove to be a financial dilemma for the guys at Activision and/or Toys for Bob.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#6 Posted: 23:56:26 31/05/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon
The original Wii should have discontinued years ago. If people still want to play the old Wii games like Super Mario Galaxy, why can't they just play it on the Wii U, especially for much enhanced graphics? That's why I stopped playing the Wii and went for the Wii U. Creating the Wii version of Skylanders Trap Team will prove to be a financial dilemma for the guys at Activision and/or Toys for Bob.

Personally I beg to differ. The WII is their top selling platform and until it becomes nessesary for most WII owners to upgrade they will continue to make WII games, I also firmly belive that this will be the same with Disney Infinity.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#7 Posted: 00:16:41 01/06/2014
The Wii is not very viable in my opinion for modern game makers. I don't know if they are or not, but that is pretty much what they think.

If you don't want to spend a lot, get a Wii U, it is coming out with a lot of nice games, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros., Hyrule Warriors. Or an Xbox 360 for it's already existing library of great games.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#8 Posted: 00:40:03 01/06/2014
I though Trap Team Wii was already confirmed..?
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#9 Posted: 01:23:33 01/06/2014
Quote: Doomslicer
I though Trap Team Wii was already confirmed..?

Glad I'm not the only one skipping on the crazy pills.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#10 Posted: 01:26:43 01/06/2014
Quote: ninja9351

Personally I beg to differ. The WII is their top selling platform and until it becomes nessesary for most WII owners to upgrade they will continue to make WII games, I also firmly belive that this will be the same with Disney Infinity.

Disney infinity 2 isn't going to be on the WII
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#11 Posted: 01:29:13 01/06/2014
They announced a wii version and it will likely be a inferior port of the current/next gen versions. The wii console is dead with only 2 games coming out this year. One is Trap team in october and a how to train your dragon 2 next month.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:31:15 01/06/2014 by mantez
Smolderbrawl Green Sparx Gems: 456
#12 Posted: 03:11:52 01/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: mantez
They announced a wii version and it will likely be a inferior port of the current/next gen versions. The wii console is dead with only 2 games coming out this year. One is Trap team in october and a how to train your dragon 2 next month.

K thanks!
---
Skyler has ebolalalalalalalalalalala!
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#13 Posted: 03:55:05 01/06/2014
You can preorder the game for the Wii, I don't think they would be offering preorders for it if they weren't.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#14 Posted: 06:47:45 01/06/2014
People who think WiiU is better...
Shaddap!
Some people do NOT have the money to spend it on an entire new console. Others do not like the controls or the inclusion of a Gamepad etc etc blah blah. Wii Users who don't switch to WiiU have good reasons to stay with the wii. Besides, WiiU has a lot of online modesstuff blah blah. People with younger children rather evoid that, so the wii is exculy a better system for them. Even though the wii's quality is tearing down, the wii still has some good and amazing game.

For me, reason's enough to stay with wii.
Also
Beenox was a bad idea for swap force, they've done it so worse I just cried. Wasn't going to solve anything, so I was glad wen I saw we now get Giants quality for the wii, since tfb makes it.
WiiU on the other hand...HAVE FUN WITH BEENOX!
#15 Posted: 07:02:41 01/06/2014
Quote: ninja9351

Well, Nintendo stopped making Wii Games, but only a few third-party companies are making games on Wii now.
---
words. letters. filler.
#16 Posted: 07:04:24 01/06/2014
Wii has no online.
Trap team has no online since it woudn't be fair for the wii users
there!
#17 Posted: 07:05:27 01/06/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11
Shaddap!
Some people do NOT have the money to spend it on an entire new console. Others do not like the controls or the inclusion of a Gamepad etc etc blah blah. Wii Users who don't switch to WiiU have good reasons to stay with the wii. Besides, WiiU has a lot of online modesstuff blah blah. People with younger children rather evoid that, so the wii is exculy a better system for them. Even though the wii's quality is tearing down, the wii still has some good and amazing game.

Also
Beenox was a bad idea for swap force, they've done it so worse I just cried. Wasn't going to solve anything, so I was glad wen I saw we now get Giants quality for the wii, since tfb makes it.

To your first statement, just because people think the Wii U is better than the Wii (which it honestly is), doesn't mean they're forcing you to buy it. They're simply expressing their opinion on it, and giving them a recommendation. Two, Beenox was bad on the Wii because of it's hardware limitations. The Wii U has a higher RAM and CPU, so they can do things they weren't capable of doing on the Wii. That includes both framerate and graphics.
---
words. letters. filler.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:05:45 01/06/2014 by TacoMakerSkys
#18 Posted: 07:08:38 01/06/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
Shaddap!

Also

To your first statement, just because people think the Wii U is better than the Wii (which it honestly is), doesn't mean they're forcing you to buy it. They're simply expressing their opinion on it, and giving them a recommendation. Two, Beenox was bad on the Wii because of it's hardware limitations. The Wii U has a higher RAM and CPU, so they can do things they weren't capable of doing on the Wii. That includes both framerate and graphics.

Well, if S5 doesn't come out on wii and wii users wanna play the game then they are basickly forced to go to a different console, aren't they?
I still don't trust beenox,. I have reasons to.
I got your point, though.
#19 Posted: 07:08:49 01/06/2014
Wii has no online.
there!

This doesn't exactly make any sense. Trap Team has no online, but you say it's not fair for Wii users because the Nintendo WFC shut down? It's not like Activision ever planned on making Trap Team have online multiplayer smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#20 Posted: 07:12:52 01/06/2014
Wii has no online.
there!

This doesn't exactly make any sense. Trap Team has no online, but you say it's not fair for Wii users because the Nintendo WFC shut down? It's not like Activision ever planned on making Trap Team have online multiplayer smilie

I mean, if there was online for the other consoles, then it woudn't be fair.
#21 Posted: 07:53:51 01/06/2014
The cost of new console be it PS3 xbox 360 or wii U would probably cost less than half of what Trap team and all it figures/crystals would cost.
---
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#22 Posted: 08:34:13 01/06/2014
Wii has no online.
there!

Hey funny to imagine it could be the last wii game!!

I'm quite disapointed there's no online features annonced. But ok, I'm not fool, it's just a question of rentability.
I mean they don't need to spend any money to online gaming because they will sell it anyway.
Maybe for the next game, after the wii's complete death.

At least, we don't have to pay for a season pass for a call of "insert random title" smilie
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
#23 Posted: 12:44:22 01/06/2014
the swap force game had online features(but not online gaming) like you could get a some new xp extras everyday if you click the sign pole. in the menu you could check and compare scores, hats, figures with friends etc. these online features the new wii game will not have since the online is shutdown.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#24 Posted: 13:34:34 01/06/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
the swap force game had online features(but not online gaming) like you could get a some new xp extras everyday if you click the sign pole. in the menu you could check and compare scores, hats, figures with friends etc. these online features the new wii game will not have since the online is shutdown.

We didn't had these features even before the shutdown....;>.>
I coudn't bother with, honestly.
#25 Posted: 13:36:53 01/06/2014

I used those features a lot and couldn't imagine the game without them.
#26 Posted: 14:24:42 01/06/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite

Everyone's different!
#27 Posted: 16:12:34 01/06/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite

Everyone's different!

Different strokes for different folks.
#28 Posted: 19:01:26 01/06/2014
Wii has no online.
there!

Well then it's not exactly Activision's fault you spent your money on collecting each figure than saving up for a Wii U.
---
words. letters. filler.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#29 Posted: 19:31:42 01/06/2014
Something to keep in mind - Wii online has been shut down for old games because they use GameSpy's servers.

In theory, Trap Team Wii *could* be made to use Activision's own servers.

In *theory*.
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#30 Posted: 19:43:09 01/06/2014
I got my Wii U today and I'm gonna tote the Wii U this time.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#31 Posted: 07:32:52 02/06/2014
Shaddap!

Also

You must be new to gaming because the life cycle of a console is dependent on company's ability to make games with it and then that money is invested into better technology to do things better. If you're used to smart phones being upgraded, a console is no different. There's going to come a time and I feel if they make any games after trap team, they aren't going to be on wii. Most companies are already moving on to the wii u.

I think others have said that it was less beenox's fault but the capability of the wii and i think tfb's going to have their work cut out for them to get it right as well for the wii. It's good they want to take the task to make it work, but i expect it to be inferior over the other consoles.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#32 Posted: 07:42:40 02/06/2014
It's my opinion realy, I'm just getting sick of those who say Wii sucks. ;>.>
#33 Posted: 10:38:14 02/06/2014

they dont say the wii sucks, it is getting old and if you stay on it and not get a wiiu(or any other new console) you will be missing out. because when the wii get games it is a cut back experience compared to the other releases.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#34 Posted: 10:58:55 02/06/2014

It doesn't suck, it is inferior to the current consoles and the motion controls are love/hate. It still has epic games (there just aren't any more of them coming).
sustainablspyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#35 Posted: 14:55:35 02/06/2014
I agree with Ninjask on all points. I'm a Wii user, and my parents refuse to get me a Wii. What do you suggest I do? Worse yet for those without the budget.
---
Bye everyone. After the hack thing, I'm leaving.
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#36 Posted: 16:42:31 02/06/2014
trap team will probably be my last wii game i get as i am getting a wii u for other games that are coming out. but i am glad they have made a wii version for trap team.
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#37 Posted: 18:04:39 02/06/2014
Shaddap!

Also

Well, if S5 doesn't come out on wii and wii users wanna play the game then they are basickly forced to go to a different console, aren't they?

Surely this will be the same issue for PS3/360 users at some point in time as well?
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#38 Posted: 19:44:55 02/06/2014
Quote: Sunny Castanets

Surely this will be the same issue for PS3/360 users at some point in time as well?

since these consoles are on the same level power wise as the wiiu, it will not happen anytime soon... if there are any skylanders games still being made 6 years from now. then we can start thinking about this...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:45:40 02/06/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#39 Posted: 20:20:35 02/06/2014
Quote: Sunny Castanets

since these consoles are on the same level power wise as the wiiu, it will not happen anytime soon... if there are any skylanders games still being made 6 years from now. then we can start thinking about this...

But power doesn't come into play if the fanbase has move on...
SennyBonku Blue Sparx Gems: 673
#40 Posted: 21:00:43 02/06/2014
#1 There is a lot of Wii users. It was, despite some like it or not, quite popluar console and it's relatively cheap and kids-friendly. It brought the motion feature first and it have a huge ammount of great games. A lot of them for kids - which is why Wii and Skyladers worked well since beginning.

#2 Sure, they've shut down the wifi function for the console and games, but whats' the point anyway? TT doesn't bring any internet multiplayer features, so it doesn't matter if it's available or not. Still, there are other consoles who could bring issues with this feature so it's not quite Wiis blame anyway.

#3 Some people are accustomed to the 'weak' graphic of Wii and they might not have enough determination to buy newest systems. They are still quite expensive and not affordable for most of kids. Besides, the game is overall similiar on all the stationary consoles. Yeah - I might miss some cut scenes or acess to some locations, but overall they don't hurt so much. Also in SF there were glitches in EVERY version, not only Wii one.

#4 Wii is still playable, they just shut the online features recently. And sorry to say that, but PS3 and XBOX360 will go down much sooner, than some anticipate it. They've already been sucessfully replaced. Nintendo consoles always are the weakest ones, but they catch up with huge fanbase and good game titles.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:59 02/06/2014 by SennyBonku
#41 Posted: 21:53:50 02/06/2014
Quote: sustainablspyro
I agree with Ninjask on all points. I'm a Wii user, and my parents refuse to get me a Wii. What do you suggest I do? Worse yet for those without the budget.

Get a job. If your not old enough, do jobs for family friends neighbors earn that pocket money.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#42 Posted: 22:07:02 02/06/2014
The Wii certainly doesn't "suck". It was a fantastic system, it's just past its prime. You will still get an occasional new game for it, but very few and far between, and those that are will be downgraded ports. It had a great run, and many fantastic games.

That said, the WiiU is a natural step for the Wii-only households. You can still use your old games (even digital, just transfer them over), you can still use your old controllers. It's a drop in replacement that lets you still enjoy all the older games. And once you step up, you can also enjoy a bunch of new current games (Mario Kart 8 is amazing) as well as significantly better versions of the games you love, like Skylanders. Technology moves on, at least Nintendo has wisely chosen the backwards compatible route, unlike Sony and MS - I'm still wondering what I'll do about TV inputs/shelf space when I get an XB1, since I'll still need to have the 360 hooked up. Not a problem for the WiiU, Wii comes out, WiiU goes in - ready to go.

While there is an upgrade cost, you can find very good deals. The Skylanders bundle can be found for great deals from time to time, and the Mario Kart bundle even qualifies for a second free game (4 very good options) if you get it before the end of July. After you transfer the digital content over (if you have any), you can sell the old Wii to help offset the cost of the WiiU.
#43 Posted: 00:05:33 03/06/2014
Quote: SennyBonku

#4 Wii is still playable, they just shut the online features recently. And sorry to say that, but PS3 and XBOX360 will go down much sooner, than some anticipate it. They've already been sucessfully replaced. Nintendo consoles always are the weakest ones, but they catch up with huge fanbase and good game titles.

i dont think so just remember sony have always supported their consoles very long. the ps2(release year 2000) was supported until 2012, the the psp(release year 2004) is still here and getting supported by sony, and are a very popular handheld(even if the vita is out). the ps3 have also a very strong release year this year and many more to come. so the ps3 will have at least 5 years before the releases start dwindling down. when it comes to the x360 microsoft have released a new revision of it in 2013. that made it look more like the xbone. when they did that they are here for the long run too now... both of these consoles have a bigger user base than the wii/wiiu today, so they arent being put to rest anytime soon.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:16:27 03/06/2014 by CountMoneyBone
SennyBonku Blue Sparx Gems: 673
#44 Posted: 07:59:27 03/06/2014
Aside of that, I hope you're aware that it wasn't Nintendo decission to shut down servers for DS/Wii games? The company which ran those servers decided to quit and that's what helped Big N to deal with the cause in the most drastical way. Another thing is, that Wii wasn't a new console and it wasn't a hit ages ago. It sounds like they just decided to cut the support because they're selling a Wii U is bit unfair. Releases on Wii were held until now, even tough the console wasn't a hit since ages. PS4 was released just recently, so it's obvious the previous version will still be playable. So does Wii, and all the old consoles. As for Vita - it's not a hit in where I live. Sony can distribute games more easily than Nintendo, but on other hand, they're not so popular. That really depends from country and tastes of players.

And WHERE did you've found an info about bigger gamers society for Sony/Microsfot consoles? That's quite farfetched thesis.
#45 Posted: 09:50:12 03/06/2014

And WHERE did you've found an info about bigger gamers society for Sony/Microsfot consoles? That's quite farfetched thesis.

not as farfetched as you might think. nintendo may have sold 84 millions of the wii at its height but most of the people buying wasn't gamers. they bought wiisport then never bought another game again. this we see clearly when nintendo shifted to the wiiu, its been two years now since its release and its not a huge success compared to the wii. the ps3 & x360 have had more or less the same amount of players since day one. and specially the ps3 have increased its user base enormous in its later years. you also must remember that both ps3 and x360 had better online network in place than the wii and the online features is still running. when it comes to technical aspect the wii(released in 2006) is comparable with a ps2(released in 2000). in this day and age that is a nearly 24 year old console. if you want to know where the real user base is today. then compare the sales and userbase of the ps4 and xbone and to the wiiu userbase and sales. then you get a correct picture of the gaming society today...

with all that said, the wii was not a bad console for its time, but it belong where the ps2 are today. the wiiu on the other hand is a fantastic console, so i think all old wii owners should upgrade to a wiiu. its great and it just got an awesome update today that made it even better.

anyway this is going to much off topic so i will end this there.....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#46 Posted: 11:00:01 03/06/2014

not as farfetched as you might think. nintendo may have sold 84 millions of the wii at its height but most of the people buying wasn't gamers. they bought wiisport then never bought another game again. this we see clearly when nintendo shifted to the wiiu, its been two years now since its release and its not a huge success compared to the wii. the ps3 & x360 have had more or less the same amount of players since day one. and specially the ps3 have increased its user base enormous in its later years. you also must remember that both ps3 and x360 had better online network in place than the wii and the online features is still running. when it comes to technical aspect the wii(released in 2006) is comparable with a ps2(released in 2000). in this day and age that is a nearly 24 year old console. if you want to know where the real user base is today. then compare the sales and userbase of the ps4 and xbone and to the wiiu userbase and sales. then you get a correct picture of the gaming society today...

with all that said, the wii was not a bad console for its time, but it belong where the ps2 are today. the wiiu on the other hand is a fantastic console, so i think all old wii owners should upgrade to a wiiu. its great and it just got an awesome update today that made it even better.

anyway this is going to much off topic so i will end this there.....

Wii: 101.06million
Just had to get that out of the way smilie

Anyways, most of the gamers are split into three ways: PC gamers, Xbox & Playstation, and Nintendo Games (and iPhoners, if you count those). Understandably X&P is larger because it contains two groups of people.
#47 Posted: 11:33:28 03/06/2014
yes that is shipped not total sold units smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#48 Posted: 13:45:25 03/06/2014
A few corrections/notes.

1) No, that number is units sold to consumers. Nintendo doesn't used "shipped" numbers like the other two do.
2) The Wii's attach ratio is nearly 8.9:1. Considering the amount of systems that sold, this is a pretty amazing number. The idea that there was a lot of people who bought Wii Sports and nothing else just doesn't hold water.

Other attach rates (for reference)
NES: 8.2:1
GCN: 9.9:1
GB/GBC: 4.2:1
GBA: 4.6:1
DS/DSi: 6.2:1

Aside from the GameCube, every other Nintendo system (even the mega-selling DS/DSi) has had a lower attach ratio than the Wii. No one in their right minds would claim that any particular one of those systems sold because of a singular game.

Check out the top-selling list of Wii games: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/wii.html

Also: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/e...soft/index.html
#49 Posted: 21:41:19 04/06/2014
time to upgrade to wiiu....

GameStop Now Offering $50 Credit Towards Wii U When Trading In The Old Wii

read...
http://mynintendonews.com/2014...ing-in-the-wii/
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#50 Posted: 22:07:46 04/06/2014
Yeah, many people bought a Wii because of Wii Sports (retirement homes, non-gamers, etc.), but that is inaccurate to say they never bought anything else. Many of these casual Wii gamers bought a few more things over time - I've had many friends that weren't gamers but had a Wii, and they always had more than just Wii Sports. They may not have had a great selection of the best games, but many people would pick up a game or two they might see at Best Buy or something - there was an extensive selection of "shovelware" that catered to this market. Grandpa would pick up whatever fishing or hunting or golf game he happened to see when and would also get a couple of games for the grandkids when they came to visit.

I might say that many bought the Wii because of that one game, but in no way would I say they never got anything else. And those that did would often sell/give it to someone else that would buy more.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me