darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Changing your collection strategy?
Page 1 of 1
Changing your collection strategy?
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1 Posted: 12:26:08 26/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Not sure if this is best for TT forum or the Merchandise forum. Anyway, folks are talking about how they aren't getting reposes anymore. Currently, my family is getting one of everything, basically as soon as it comes out. We end up getting more then one often since we like to paint them as well. I think that's going to change this time around.

I would say that I'm done with reposes, but I imagine what will most likely happen is that we won't pay full price for reposes. TRU and others are going to have plenty of sales, so we'll exercise some patience this time. We will surely get most of the new ones right when they come out, and won't expect sales on variants, but the challenge this time will be to collect at a bargain.

The reality is that we (the kids and I) will do very little with reposes. We use the sky diamond to get all the upgrades, do the wow pow a view times, then put it back in the box. Lightcores are even worse.

When it comes to the chase variants, I'll probably still keep my same price limit (which keeps me out of the market at the moment). I can see this changing around Christmas time. I have thought about selling off some the variants that we seem to like a little less, but so far that's not happening.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 12:34:45 26/04/2014
If I'm onboard, something's gonna give. Either I don't get these guys unless they are on sales, or permanently exclude folks. Reposes, Lightcores and Legendaries on my extinction list. I used to get two of each...considering only getting one or only getting them when they are on sale. If I miss em, I'll go on the eBay used market six months later. One way or another, less is more.

Activision isn't addressing gameplay and content, so I'm taking steps. Playing it wayyy too safe for this series.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:36:04 26/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#3 Posted: 12:51:50 26/04/2014
I have always avoided re-poses of figures I have.

I never got many of the SSA figures as I got into this during Giants anyway so I have mostly Orange base figures, a few green and a few blue. The blue figures are almost ALL new figures. The only re-pose I have is Stealth Elf.

Again for STT I will buy almost exclusively new figures or any re-pose for a figure I don't own. I still don't have Flashwing so I will get a STT version of him if there is one.

I personally love lightcore figures. I miss the wow-pow but I like the way they look. The price annoys me though. If I get the LC version I won't get any other. ONE of each character only for me and not even all the characters.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#4 Posted: 13:59:53 26/04/2014
I had a long winded post typed out but changed my mind and decided to keep it simple: nothing here is interesting me other than the mummy character, and I can live with displaying him with my giants if he's the right size, my swappers if not. Reposes and variants from this game? Only if I don't already have two of a character, because I do like having access to both upgrade paths even if I don't play a particular figure that much.

And given how much they carpet bombed the variants as of late, I can't see too many of them being needed...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 14:31:24 26/04/2014
With Swap Force, I decided to skip over the reposes, minus the few that I want (Spyro, Hot Dog) and just stick with the new characters. I mentioned on the other thread that I've been "ranking" the want/need for each kind. At the top was the Swappers (first the ones i needed for their abilities) then New Core figures, then Swappers I wanted then LCs, and lastly the Swappers/Characters I already had in some instance (ie, I already had Nitro Magna Charge, so I didn't need regular Magna Charge right away)

I'm probably gonna do the same for this game. Just pick up Spyro/maybe a repose if they're cool. As of now I've got multiple versions of older characters, so I have no use for new ones and they haven't fundamentally changed the characters enough that it would warrant double dipping on them.

Honestly, it was fantastic for this game. I mentioned that I saved over $200 so far on SF because of waiting/using my ranking system to get characters when they were on sale or whatever. Waiting and riding out the initial hype wave literally pays. I don't need the characters when they first come out.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#6 Posted: 14:38:53 26/04/2014
It's really hard for me to organize a system of limiting my collection.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
#7 Posted: 14:59:48 26/04/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
I had a long winded post typed out but changed my mind and decided to keep it simple: nothing here is interesting me other than the mummy character, and I can live with displaying him with my giants if he's the right size, my swappers if not. Reposes and variants from this game? Only if I don't already have two of a character, because I do like having access to both upgrade paths even if I don't play a particular figure that much.

And given how much they carpet bombed the variants as of late, I can't see too many of them being needed...

Agreed on reposes. If it provides significant value, I'll get it. For me, that's switchable paths and a new wow pow. After that, a changed capability is not enough for a series 3+. In game variants I have justified for having an alternate character on another path, but if Trap Team is going to make it oh so easy to upgrade my skylander and customizing it is passé, then I can forgo those now and simply reset one to try the other path.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#8 Posted: 15:25:27 26/04/2014
For the first three games I aimed on getting everyone on the posters along with a few variants.

For Trap Team I have some priorities.

1. New Skylanders
2. Traps
3. Reposes
4. Lightcore

As soon as get all the new Skylanders in a wave I'll move onto traps ect.
If I don't get all the reposes or Lightcores it dosn't matter as much as the New guys and Traps.
---
RandomUser39 Green Sparx Gems: 131
#9 Posted: 17:29:18 26/04/2014
I will continue as I always have:

SSA: 1 copy of each Skylander
SG: 1 copy of each Skylander minus Lightcores, and reposes (always get the standard edition of the figure)
SSF: 1 copy of each Swap Force and new cores (same as SG)
STT: 1 copy of each new Trap Team and new core (Not getting any reposes or lightcore)

I currently have because of this 32 Green SKLNDRS, 16 Orange SKLNDRS, and 30 Blue SKLNDRS (missing Punk Shock and Doom Stone)

I always pace myself and if there is a sale I go for it. I always can play with all of my figures and no-one is like the other (am I making you jealous yet?) smilie

The biggest issue with me is what Activision does with the traps. How many versions are going to be sold? For what cost? Will I get a version of every trap? Or just 1 of each element? This is my biggest concern for the new game actually. smilie
---
The most random and inconsequential user this forum has to offer.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#10 Posted: 18:24:57 26/04/2014
I will continue buying all new characters, reposed, lightcore, legendary and alt deco and the easy-to-find chase variants (Army Sprocket, Pumpkin Eye-Brawl).
Depending on how many different crystal traps there will be in total and how much they cost, I might ignore them completely.
---
bye
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#11 Posted: 03:19:57 27/04/2014
For Swap Force, I told myself "excludingnly new figures. No Lightcore, reposes, or variants." My kids bought a few reposes they thought looked cool with their allowance, but I held to it... until I was able to get the Dark Starter kit for $40, and Kmart had BOGO free. I caved in entirely with TRU and Target's recent deals. Now I am completely caught up. I figure I'll be even more patient with Trap, but I assume I'll end up with all of them again. Just being realistic.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#12 Posted: 09:02:31 27/04/2014
I'll do the same as for this generation.

I will buy all new characters, all lightcores (and if they're a lightcore version of an old figure, I'll get rid of the old one), and any in-game variants.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#13 Posted: 12:25:07 27/04/2014
1. I waited until I found deals on reposes. (like 15.99 triple packs, adventure packs etc)
2. I picked up lightcores of newlanders and waited on cheaper deals to get them non lightcore (smolderdash etc)
3. So far I have everything for SSA/Giants. Swap force I need Jade Fire Krakan, Countdowns (worldcup?), and LC Bumble (which I'll get hopefully this week)

As for my sealed set:

1. Sold off triple packs for Giants and Swap Force as I decided having triples of figures I have in singles sealed was double dipping. I kept adventure and battle packs however. Also the fact 2 triples from Giants never made it here and from the looks of it Swap Force will be worse.
2. Variants: I stopped after purple eyebrawl and never finished giants. Only Swap Force one I have is Fuzzy Trigger Happy.(My first Variant I actually found!)

Trap:

Will prob be a mix of the above, but we shall see.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#14 Posted: 01:33:25 28/04/2014
Like always im gonna:

buy newlanders, swaplanders and traps
i will NOT be buying reposes,legendaries and lightcores.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#15 Posted: 01:34:21 28/04/2014
Buy what I like.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#16 Posted: 01:37:50 28/04/2014
I buy everything except chase variants. I just wait for sales.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#17 Posted: 02:13:49 28/04/2014
Quote: Mesuxelf
Buy what I like.
Which seems to be decreasing.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#18 Posted: 18:59:28 28/04/2014
My strategy is changing, and HARD.

I NEVER purchased a repose on purpose, I got S2 camo because of the crossbow, I did buy S2 Drobot, but he was my fav character so I wanted the 'best' version of him. However, I was also a reseller, so I just moved my old product when collecting new product. Since I don't really do that naymore, with Swap Force I just said "no" and I will do so again with Trap Team.

My big change though. Color me not impressed, in general. I'm not purchasing the game until I know how much content is associated with it. As well, I don't CARE about getting stuff when it first comes out anymore, if Wave 2 comes out on Tuesday, I mightn ot get those figures till 3 weeks later when on sale. I'm not pushing out 15+ a figure for on disc content that I wont even get to fully level up because hte game lacks the overall content to make it worth it.
Starter set - $75
15 other trappers - 15*15 = $225
15 other core = 15*11 = $165
18 other crstals = 18*5 = $90
So to get all the relevant stuff, not including things like Sheepwreck or having to spend more because a trapper and some crystals are only offered with a repose, and ignoring variants, for a somewhat completion, you're eyeballing $550+. That's more than my XBOne. That's almost my car note. Now, with patience, you can get all that for closer to $400 via sales, so if I DO get into it again, I'm saving 100+ bucks.

But I need to see more, because I'm not buying what they are currently selling.
- Unreall
#19 Posted: 20:06:04 28/04/2014
^Yup...and for the adults here...the longer they wait to prove to us they did something other than a gimmick...the less likely I'll bite. I'll wait until the next major reveal to conclude what I do. I had lunch with defpally today and I was serious when I talked about avoiding this entry altogether.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:06:57 28/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#20 Posted: 21:19:57 28/04/2014
I think I bought one legendary which was Bouncer.

Most are an uglier version of their main character, and since path switch became a thing, there is NO reason to have more then one of a figure.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#21 Posted: 22:02:47 28/04/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
^Yup...and for the adults here...the longer they wait to prove to us they did something other than a gimmick...the less likely I'll bite. I'll wait until the next major reveal to conclude what I do. I had lunch with defpally today and I was serious when I talked about avoiding this entry altogether.

Well, I won't be avoiding this entry, but I will be seriously decreasing my collecting habits. My idea of "complete" is what I define it as, which has been pretty consistent up until now. Mass released figures. Chase variants don't exist to me because I cannot collect them realistically, so therefore they are not essential by my definition of "complete".

I think we will all likely buy the game, it just seems kinda pointless to not do that, we already have a ton of figures that will work on day 1. Even if I never buy a figure, I get a ton of value from the game right away. Now, of course I'll buy figures, but I'm done chasing reposes. I went into Giants not thinking I was going to do reposes. Swap Force too. But, now as I look at our collection I just cannot get over the sheer volume of exactly the same thing over and over. You could have 80 total figures and be able to play every single bit of content in Swap Force, instead I have over 170. Something has to give. I said before they better WOW me if they want me to buy any non-necessary reposes (pack-ins for the Starter/Adventure/Battle) for game 4, and they have not done that AT ALL (so far). I have a LOT of questions on the Trap Stuff with this game too and how it will all work out.

Variants are also on the chopping block, my oldest likes Legendaries, but he has reached the age where he is hesitant to even talk about Skylanders with his classmates because many of them are all about shooters these days. He went to the Skylanders Event last week in NYC and got his Doom Stone, and I asked him if he was going to tell his friends at school. He said "not really". I understand that, it's part of being a pre-teen - he can enjoy the games at home. As long as he isn't picking what he likes based on peer pressure, he doesn't have to advertise what he likes to his classmates. Kids can be cruel. But it also means I'm not running around chasing the same figures with a new paint job anymore. It's still OUR game, we will enjoy it together.
bilbobagins3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2869
#22 Posted: 22:40:38 28/04/2014
I decided once Giants came out that I was going to go to one version of each character. I have done pretty well I think. I currently own only 100 figures and the 20 extra are the 10 series 1 variants and the 10 series 3 figures. I like the normal version of nearly every character better, but I like getting the characters that have a slight stat bump so I always go variant. It has been really easy for me to sell off series 1 characters to make my series 2 characters more of an upgrade than a new purchase. I don't regret keeping the series 1 variants even though they are in my graveyard as I feel like they will never see a repose, so they should hold their value much better. I do feel like I need to bite the bullet and make a decision on whether to keep the series 2 or series 3 version of each of those 10 characters though, because with Trap Team coming I know there will be a lot more series 3 coming, and of course series 4 seems inevitable with the Gill Grunt figure we've seen. I don't mind owning both a series 2 and a series 3 when one of them is a variant, but I hate having 2 versions of a character that look identical in game, and I don't consider LC different. I have 5 characters I know I want to sell and wouldn't feel the least bit hesitant about it. Series 2 Prism Break, Series 2 Terrafin, Series 2 Cynder, Series 3 Chop Chop, and 1 of the Gill Grunts can go. I will continue this method with Trap Team and hopefully I will only be buying 34 new characters and upgrading between 12-24.
---
I collect way more than just Skylanders and other video games, check it out.

http://ryanwm1.filmaf.com/
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#23 Posted: 02:33:43 29/04/2014
SSA was all about every figure
giants was the variants plus every new figure and possibly a repose thanks to sales
SSF was about variants only and new figures, possibly a repose due to sales and tru online's counterattacking the shipping with one
trap team - just basic game and possibly a very few figures that are new and variants. i will get the game only for a cheap price this time along with figures.

the fact the gameplay as many have said is suffering that it's not going to make me want to go into it when they make new figures stronger than old basically negating your older collection that you can play in the new game but they are weaker and the gimmicks are too much abandoned in the next entry. S1 figures were replaced by the stronger S2s with wow pows. Giants became weaker to swap force and now swap force is going to be weaker than the trap masters. there's no real reason to invest in all the figures you may not even use in a series

except for the special figures of variants, skylanders here just aren't selling either as they are not being replenished this time around compared to giants and spyro's adventure. i wouldn't be surprised most stores won't be stocking close to any of trap team. I highly doubt anyone is going to buy triple packs at all now these days as they don't even sell here. walmart and target and kmart can't sell them.

i don't think they'll be saying they're making billions anymore if for the fact the european pegs made it to the us stores this time around for swappers. that makes me believe that europe in the most parts isn't buying them anymore and the bubble's going to burst soon
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:43:56 29/04/2014 by tigerdr
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#24 Posted: 02:43:30 29/04/2014
Get the people that I actually want.
sklndrmommy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1508
#25 Posted: 02:51:46 29/04/2014
My plan won't change much. We get one of each character and it can be a later series, LC, or variant. I avoid having multiples. That worked fine as we started with skylanders during giants and got some SA characters and some giants characters. Buying combo packs was easy as we didn't have any old characters. This has been much harder with SF as we have one of everything already released but then a battle pack comes with an old and a new character... The Arkyean Cross now pack has been the worst for me as I like old Camo's paint job better and we bought ledgendary LC Grim Creeper months ago. I haven't broken down and bought the crossbow yet. My in laws got a copy of giants for their house so we sent a few replaced characters over there. Also we went with the dark starter kit initially and I got metalic Gil grunt so we got some duplicates that way.
Anyway, I will plan to not buy any reposes and if we get a LC or a variant of a newlander we will not get the regular version. I haven't really seen enough to know how sold I am on TT but my son is very excited after just the initial video.
---
Trying to keep an updated code trading list in my guestbook for Lost Islands.
Mommy to player JacksonTreeRex.
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#26 Posted: 04:31:49 29/04/2014
I imagine I will use the same method as I did with Swap Force. I will be focusing on the new cores and s2's. Also grabbing at least one trap of each element whenever I can. Getting any s3/4 much, much later. Maybe when they are on sale. I've enjoyed the power of the giants and the customization of the swappers, but the niches have never stuck with me in terms of long lasting interest, and I feel the trap masters will continue that. As such, I hope they won't make you buy one of each element of Trap Master to unlock everything, so I can collect those at my leisure. Other than that, I'm done with spending money. I never bother with the lightcores or variants. I'm just a regular one-and-done kind of guy. I might try to buy triple packs more to save a couple dollars, but nothing is carved in stone as of yet.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#27 Posted: 12:24:24 29/04/2014
I will only buy the new characters, with any reposes that catch my eye (which, if it is, Zook and Pop Fizz). But, I am hesitant to buy this game with the figures. If I don't buy it, it will taunt me whenever I go into a store after release. If I do buy it, now I will have to save 500 bucks to get everything it has to offer, including characters. They had better keep good stock, and they had better make this a good game. I wouldn't care if this was the last game in the Skylanders series. 2 billion is enough for people to live like kings.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#28 Posted: 13:38:14 29/04/2014
my strategy: If it is a character I like/don't have then buy it. Holiday varients always get bought as well
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#29 Posted: 19:04:24 29/04/2014
I have a short mental list of what i want and try to buy them first .

Sometimes i make purchase bargains with my sibling that overrides my list .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
madtyger Green Sparx Gems: 366
#30 Posted: 16:17:49 02/05/2014
Definitely cutting back this time. Just going after new characters and variants first. Then, when there's a sale, I'll go after reposes. No more eBay for me though. But I'll still probably get sucked into buying a ton of Frito Lay chips.
---
Figures to trade: Quickdraw Rattle Shake (2), Easter Fryno, Easter Punk Shock
crystalsunset Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#31 Posted: 01:15:50 03/05/2014
Quote: madtyger
Definitely cutting back this time. Just going after new characters and variants first. Then, when there's a sale, I'll go after reposes. No more eBay for me though. But I'll still probably get sucked into buying a ton of Frito Lay chips.

I like this idea. I haven't made any decision yet about my collection strategy. However, I have a feeling I'll keep buying as I have been. All characters (including reposes) and in-game variants. But we'll see how many figures actually are released. If it's a ton, then I might think about not getting the reposes (oh, how the "gotta have the all" in me hates to think that way! lol)
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#32 Posted: 01:29:06 03/05/2014
Any reposed versions of my favorite characters will replace the ones I currently own. For instance, ever since Ninja Stealth Elf made her appearance, I replaced her S2 version with the S3 one. But sometimes I keep the old reposes like S2 Spyro instead of getting Mega Ram Spyro. I keep all three different Cynder figures.

I've given up on Giants all together, but I'll continue to keep some of the Swap Force Skylanders I like most of all; Trap Shadow, Spy Rise, Jade Fire Kraken, Nitro Freeze Blade, Stink Bomb, and Legendary Night Shift.

If there are any Trap Masters I like, for example Snap Shot, I will keep them. But the ones that are my least favorite, such as Wildfire, I will only play them for awhile and then either sell or return them.

My strategy really varies on whichever figures I like to own.
madtyger Green Sparx Gems: 366
#33 Posted: 16:34:41 05/05/2014
Quote: crystalsunset

I like this idea. I haven't made any decision yet about my collection strategy. However, I have a feeling I'll keep buying as I have been. All characters (including reposes) and in-game variants. But we'll see how many figures actually are released. If it's a ton, then I might think about not getting the reposes (oh, how the "gotta have the all" in me hates to think that way! lol)

Oh I feel the same way. Every time I see a variant, I have a fight in my head. "I have 4 of this guy already!" "But he's a variant, he'll complete the collection!" "No, I don't wanna buy it!" "But you need it, you need the precious."
---
Figures to trade: Quickdraw Rattle Shake (2), Easter Fryno, Easter Punk Shock
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#34 Posted: 17:59:44 05/05/2014
Oh I feel the same way. Every time I see a variant, I have a fight in my head. "I have 4 of this guy already!" "But he's a variant, he'll complete the collection!" "No, I don't wanna buy it!" "But you need it, you need the precious."

This is me too sadly
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#35 Posted: 19:37:48 06/05/2014
Ok, so lots' of comments here.

Anyways, really for me, my buying as been more about favorites, though eventually I'd like to have one of each kind of skylander, though it's being pushed to the back.

1 thing is that I want to be able to have enough of the 'gimmick' skylanders in order to play the game conveniently. Which is why I chose the 8 Swappers I did which gave me one of each element and one of each movement part, so I can unlock the duel element gates much easier, than having to keep my 2nd controler handy.

As for Series 2/3/+ I tend to only buy a repose of ones I actually like, unless it comes in a special pack (like adventure pack/battlepack/triple pack) then it doesn't bother me to have an extra of it.

So far though, only 1 character I've been collecting them all, and that's stealth Elf. Well, more like, I've collected/only collecting in game variants (if the color change isn't in the game, I don't want it). and I plan to allways get the variant of SE. (I even brought a S2 SE one time seeing it at Walmart. Even though I didn't exactly need since I had S1, Legendary, S3, and Dark.) Anyways, only one I don't have is Whisper Elf (if you count her) and I want her anyways :3.

So yeah, besides picking up what ever new SE they have, I'll not purposely pick up a repose unless I 100% like it, or it come with somethings else I want.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#36 Posted: 19:47:06 06/05/2014
I don't really rely on very much strategy, I just buy most (if not all) of the gimmick-landers and then buy the ones that sound cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:36 06/05/2014 by TrapShadowFan
Jackalope Green Sparx Gems: 262
#37 Posted: 00:43:38 07/05/2014
Well, In SA and Giants, I attempted to collect every Skylander. The only ones I didn't get in SA were Camo and Warnado, but I will be getting their reposes. I didn't get many of the reposes in Giants, nor did I get Swarm, Ninjini, Chill, or Hot Dog. I will however, be getting Swarm and Fire Bone Hot Dog. In Swap Force, I only got the Skylanders I wanted, which I really enjoyed. Makes me want to play as every character and fully upgrade them. I will be continuing that strategy in Trap Team.
---
Trap Team Collection: smilie smilie smilie smilie
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#38 Posted: 02:21:27 07/05/2014
I gave up the variants for SSF, the hardest to break the habit was the legendaries since I had all of them up until then. But now 8 months after SSF launched I could care less that I didn't get them. For STT I have a feeling that I won't be collecting too many of them, just enough to do everything I want in the game. SG and SSF have taught me that the previous games characters become obsolete fast by them either being nerfing in future or else they make a new version. They want you to value your previous game's characters up until the launch of the sequel, then they want you to forget about them asap.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#39 Posted: 02:48:53 07/05/2014
Quote: shadowfox

This is me too sadly

I still feel the good in you.
---
Portal King Yellow Sparx Gems: 1324
#40 Posted: 01:08:40 08/05/2014
My collection has always been get all reposes of spyro and trigger happy and now sprocket. In the first game I only beat the game with the skylanders the starter had and never bought anything else then in giants and swap force I only get the skylanders I think are powerful, so even though hot dog looks good he's weak. In trap team it will probably be the same. I changed my startagie late in giants when I first didn't want eye brawl and ninjini but ended up getting them and turned out not that bad so the same I will do with SF I didn't want trap shadow or girrila drilla but now I don't mind them.
---
You need superchargers gear in Toronto? I'm your guy.
Add me on the wii u (Mario200) see ya on the track!
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#41 Posted: 01:27:23 13/05/2014
Anything I want or like I will get but I always get all the new gimmicklanders and the new cores only some lightcores variants and reposes
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#42 Posted: 01:43:14 13/05/2014
I'm just going for trap, Trap Masters, cores and only S2 figures. Maybe some s3 and s4 if they're really good with new wow pows.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#43 Posted: 01:53:02 13/05/2014
Honestly, if they move from 2 old 1 new to 1 old 2 new, I'll get the repose for 5 bucks.

Yes Activision, I will buy the triple packs if you give us 2 new and 1 old.

Thank you.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#44 Posted: 03:55:05 13/05/2014
I have every figure for SSA and Giants, I had to change my tune for Swap Force because I'm not made of money. Swap Force I bought every Swapper, and every character I liked along with battle/adventure packs.

I plan to get all the Trap Masters and then repeat my process above. The Traps themselves will be interesting though...
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#45 Posted: 23:30:00 17/05/2014
I will aim to get one trapmaster and new core from each element. I hope the other life core is better than food fight
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#46 Posted: 23:36:53 17/05/2014
I will aim to get one trapmaster and new core from each element. I hope the other life core is better than food fight. I wil also get a trap for each element too. . I hope the traps aren't blind bags. All
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me