Page 1 of 1
Rate gimmicks thus far!
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#1 Posted: 01:44:44 25/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Here you can rate the gimmicks so far by 1 is best and 3 is worst. Here is mine,

1. Swap force
2. Giants
TIE
2. Trap Team

Updated:
1. Bringing Toys to Life- This was just awesome at the time! This has never been done before! I was so excited for this! Putting toys into a video game. Just awesome!
2. Swap Force- This was pretty awesome too. Swapping the different skylanders with the tops and bottoms was fun. There were so many possibilities! Although I love this concept, I only played 3 times! I know this is crazy, but during the holidays, my Wii U had my attention. But I plan on playing more of it soon.
3. Giants and Trapping Villains- This one is a tie. Giants was pretty cool. They were like bigger versions of Skylanders!(I know. Thats obvious) They were like legendary pokemon! The Trap Team, ehh... I still have a ton of questions and I dont really know too much about it. Mayby it will go up once I learn more about. But for now, it is a tie with Giants.
4. Lightcores- This was a kind of cool, but it was more of a show thing. All it did was a lightcore blast in the game. It was a little useless because the Giants already had this and your looking at the screen most of the time. You never really look at the skylander on the portal.
---
Team Hot Dog!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:34:19 25/04/2014 by Kevinvert
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2 Posted: 02:53:59 25/04/2014
1.Swap Force
2.Lightcore
3.Trap Team
10000.Giants, it was stupid
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#3 Posted: 03:03:01 25/04/2014
1. Trap Team
2. Swap Force
3. Original SSA
4. Giants
5. LightCore
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#4 Posted: 03:15:06 25/04/2014
1. Trap team
2. Giants
3. Any other gimmik
4. Swap Force
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#5 Posted: 03:56:45 25/04/2014
Trap Team (Could be cool)
Swap Force (They get boring after a while and most combos look ugly)
Giants (Just more expensive Skylanders)
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#6 Posted: 04:03:33 25/04/2014
1. Trap team (Chompy Mage ftw)
2. Swap Force (Brought more customization to the table)
3. Giants (o.o better then lightcore and it is just fun smashing people)
4. Lightcore (Aka worthless repose most of the time. Rather get an actual repose with wow pow. Only good for newcores)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#7 Posted: 04:05:57 25/04/2014
1. Trap Team
2. Giants
3. Swap Force
4. Core
5. ...
999. Lightcore Pay 2-3$ more for a little light...?
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 04:26:46 25/04/2014
1. The original concept
2. Trap Team
3. Swap Force (Really I mostly like the small amount of articulation provided by the division)
4. Lightcore (it's cool, but not worth the extra money, I like it on my giants)
5. Giants
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#9 Posted: 04:38:21 25/04/2014
1. Toys come to life
2. Trap Team
3. Giants
4. Lightcore
5. Swap Force
---
i am trash
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#10 Posted: 04:57:41 25/04/2014
I wasn't a fan of the Giants... they're just clunkier, slower characters that can deal with melee attackers, but struggle fighting ranged ones since they're such large, slow targets.

The swappers, on the other hand, were incredibly customizable, allowing the player to essentially create their own character with the pieces they had.

Given those factors, here's my list:

1. Swap Force
2. Trap Team
3. Lightcore
4. Giants
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#11 Posted: 05:15:43 25/04/2014
Here's my list, not including the first game.

1. Trap Team - So far, this looks brilliant. I can't really say much else as it hasn't come out yet, but I'm super excited. :-)
2. Giants - I really like the giants, they are just really enjoyable for me. I think it's great to go around with Thumpback, smashin' everything. smilie
3. Swapping - Although the characters were really enjoyable, the swapping aspect was alright for me. I like them in their original form, but there were those combinations that were stunning. Yeah but I do think swapping is a clever idea.
4. Lightcore - Ehhhh. Clever idea, I guess.

EDIT: added descriptions.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:53 26/04/2014 by Hot Dog 542
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#12 Posted: 06:01:20 25/04/2014
1. Core
2. Trap Masters
3. Swap Force
4. Giants
5. Lightcore
---
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#13 Posted: 06:02:28 25/04/2014
My list
1.Trap Team ( Awesome Trap Masters and villains FTW!)
2.Swap Force (Versatile, original and creative gameplay)
3.Giants (Not nearly as fun as I thought they'd be, rather have faster and more fun characters)
4.Lightcore (Most are just lame, uncreative and lazy poses and lights. Plus no wow pows or path switching)
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#14 Posted: 06:21:37 25/04/2014
1. Original "Toys to life" SSA
2. Swapping Skylanders, though I never use them because they just look weird
3. Trap team. I don't care about playing as villains I'd rather just get some more decent skylanders!
4. Giants Worst gimmick makes worst game and the only one worth getting was Nijijni
5. Lighcore figures = worst idea! Paying a load more for some light?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:22:43 25/04/2014 by yelvy
jckelsall Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#15 Posted: 11:15:56 25/04/2014
  1. Bringing toys to life(SSA) - it was something that had never been done before, and felt truly magical.
  2. Trap Team - they look pretty awesome, but it isn't hard to beat the Swap Force, Giants or Lightcores
  3. Swap Force - the characters look truly horrible when swapped
  4. Giants - useless
  5. Lightcores - they are a good idea for the younger audience if it is a newly released character, and they look awesome, but they are a massive waste of money if it is a reposed character.

At the moment, the Trap Team look like a really awesome idea, but the thing I really hope for is improved gameplay. There have been minor changes, but the core gameplay has stayed the same throughout the first three games, they need to change it - it is beginning to get boring. With Giants, it felt like an expansion, but that was understandable due to TfB only having one year to develop it. With Swap Force, it is still partly understandable - VV were new to developing a Skylanders game by themselves. Now though, TfB have been given two years, and have previous Skylanders experience - Trap Team is the time for them to up their game, and create something totally new and exciting.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#16 Posted: 13:16:59 25/04/2014
1. Trap Team - This looks like the best gimmick yet. Trap villains and play as them? Yes please!
2. Swap Force - If Trap Team didn't exist right now, this would have been first. I liked the idea of swapping a lot, as it gave a fun new aspect to the game and there were many possibilities.
3. Giants - Ehh, they were okay I guess, but nothing really new brought to the table other than them lighting up.
4. Lightcore - My least favorite, purely because of the fact you pay more for less. This was especially true in Giants. Why would you pay 13 bucks for a figure with no Wow Pow or path switching, which are better (to me at least) than lighting up and sending out a shock wave, when you could get the Series 2 that's basically vice versa for 10? I have to admit though, some of the lightcores light up pretty awesome, like Prism Break's.
---
Purple dragon.
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#17 Posted: 21:33:29 25/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Wow i didnt think about lightcores and original concept.

1. Bringing Toys to Life- This was just awesome at the time! This has never been done before! I was so excited for this! Putting toys into a video game. Just awesome!
2. Swap Force- This was pretty awesome too. Swapping the different skylanders with the tops and bottoms was fun. There were so many possibilities! Although I love this concept, I only played 3 times! I know this is crazy, but during the holidays, my Wii U had my attention. But I plan on playing more of it soon.
3. Giants and Trapping Villains- This one is a tie. Giants was pretty cool. They were like bigger versions of Skylanders!(I know. Thats obvious) They were like legendary pokemon! The Trap Team, ehh... I still have a ton of questions and I dont really know too much about it. Mayby it will go up once I learn more about. But for now, it is a tie with Giants.
4. Lightcores- This was a kind of cool, but it was more of a show thing. All it did was a lightcore blast in the game. It was a little useless because the Giants already had this and your looking at the screen most of the time. You never really look at the skylander on the portal.
---
Team Hot Dog!
willster8 Gold Sparx Gems: 2383
#18 Posted: 22:26:54 25/04/2014
1. Trap Team
2. Swap Force
3. Original SSA
4. Giants
5. LightCore
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#19 Posted: 22:35:23 25/04/2014
1. Swap Force
2. Trap Team
3. Lightcore
4. Giants
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#20 Posted: 22:36:03 25/04/2014
1. Bringing Toys To Life
2. Trapping Villains
3. Dynamic Swappability
4. Lightcores
5. Giants
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
Donatron Green Sparx Gems: 494
#21 Posted: 05:52:41 26/04/2014
While most people share my opinion that Giants was the worst gimmick, I'm surprised to see that a good number of people rated it pretty high. The Giants really didn't add anything to the game, they were just bigger. The worst part? They were incredibly slow, making them painful to play.
---
Activate: Donatron | Xbox Live: The Donatron
SSA: 32/32 | SG: 16/16 | SSF: 28/32
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#22 Posted: 06:55:00 26/04/2014
I personally miss the added utility the first game added with water/swimming, flying, lava walkers, units immune to everything but fire, rock breakers, crystal breakers.......it added a lot more to your Skylanders.

1- First game utility (as above/needs to come back)
2- Giant utility (unlocking different paths)
3- Swap zones (8 swap abilities)
4- Elemental zones
18- Pokemon non-sense
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me