Page 1 of 1
Woodburrow Gate [CLOSED]
LindaJ2014 Red Sparx Gems: 31
#1 Posted: 20:25:43 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Trying to help my 5 year old nephew.
He mistakenly deleted his saved games. When we play now, we can't get the Woodburrow gate to open. It seems that all of the enemies are dead. We are using Wii. Any help?
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#2 Posted: 21:31:30 19/04/2014
You're sure all the enemies in that area have been killed? Did you try restarting the level from the beginning? If you have and it didn't help, try freeing up some space on the Wii. I know some people have had problems similar to this and to fix it, they had to clear around 1500 blocks of space. You can also try disconnecting from the Internet, if the Wii is connected.
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:53 19/04/2014 by Sboy13
#3 Posted: 01:45:38 20/04/2014 | Topic Creator
As far as I know, we killed all of the enemies. We really paid close attention to make sure we did. Skylanders is the only thing on the Wii but will double check the space.
I will try playing without the internet connection. It is frustrating - he will be 6 and will be getting 6 new Skylanders and birthday gifts tomorrow.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:00:14 20/04/2014 by LindaJ2014
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#4 Posted: 02:42:45 20/04/2014
Have you tried the level more than once? I know sometimes things happen (enemies spawn out of reach, etc.) that can mess with a level. Restarting a level or even restarting the Wii and then restarting the game can help some issues.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#5 Posted: 09:59:26 20/04/2014
We had a similar problem with one of the later levels, the objective was complete but the level didn't progress. What eggers said is likely your best option, start the level over and see if that clears it up. Failing that the Woodburrow mission is early enough that you could delete your save again and start it over.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
#6 Posted: 12:10:47 20/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Yes, we tried the level a few times. Not just the kids but my sister and I - we would wait and walk around the area to see if we missed anything or if one of the enemies would try to attack us.
Is there a way to check if a spawn is out of reach?
To date, we did the following - restarted the level; ran an update (was already up to date); cleaned the wii (including the lens); deleated all games; uninstalled and re-installed the game; ran a 2nd update just to be sure; and right now he is playing with the internet disconnected.
I also tweeted activision.
I am waiting to hear if the disconnected internet is the solution. I hope so.
#7 Posted: 19:10:24 20/04/2014
Really the only way to tell if an enemy spawned outside the area would be to walk around and see. It's odd that it would keep happening, especially if you deleted that save file and started a brand new one again. I know people say the Wii version is very glitchy, but I'm shocked this would happen in a second brand new save file if the last glitched one was completely erased. I guess make sure everything is deleted on the boy's Wii, install and saved game data and even update if you can. Then reinstall and start anew and see if that helps? If all that doesn't work... I'm not entirely sure what you could do if everything from the glitched playthrough was deleted all at once.
---
#8 Posted: 22:39:22 20/04/2014
I have a question: when you deleted the save file, did you do it from in the game? Try deleting the Swap Force data file from the Data Management screen in the Wii's system settings and not through the game, if you haven't already. If you already did that, then well, like Eggers, I'm shocked it would still be happening.
---
Purple dragon.
#9 Posted: 23:42:08 20/04/2014 | Topic Creator
We did all of the suggestions. We played with it disconnected from the net and still nothing.
All frustrating because he was through at one point. My sister will call Activision tomorrow.
Thanks for your help.
#10 Posted: 02:14:06 21/04/2014
I hope they can help you guys. I'd hate to see the boy's game become worthless all because of some stupid glitch smilie
---
#11 Posted: 12:04:16 21/04/2014
Also, try playing with just one player, if you can. That's how some people were able to fix their problems.
---
Purple dragon.
#12 Posted: 23:29:16 21/04/2014 | Topic Creator
We called Activision today. They said the disk was corrupted. They said a glitch would have been fixed with the trouble shooting suggested.
I chatted with Amazon & they are over night shipping a new game. He will be playing again tomorrow! smilie He will be happy.
Thanks again for all suggestions!
Molocth Green Sparx Gems: 202
#13 Posted: 22:50:40 23/04/2014
any new update on this saga then LindaJ ?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me