darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > What does the soul gem look like on Quickdraw Rattle Shake?
Page 1 of 1
What does the soul gem look like on Quickdraw Rattle Shake? [CLOSED]
ItalianGamer97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1378
#1 Posted: 03:17:25 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I ask because I'm hoping to get smilie off of eBay and I wonder what the soul gem upgrades look like on him, as I really like the coloration,but I want to fully upgrade him, and want to know if the soul gem makes a visible difference on smilie. Images of him with the soul gem upgrade acquired on both halves would be helpful.
---
And to prevent confusion, I am in the U.S. and I am part Italian.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#2 Posted: 03:20:16 19/04/2014
Im pretty sure its still the exact same thing sadly.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 03:33:12 19/04/2014
You will remove his unique color once you get the Soul Gem. For that reason, I never plan on completely upgrading him and his Quests. Stupid move, Activision.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#4 Posted: 03:44:47 19/04/2014
Yeah, someone answered this Q for me and basically he turns purple all over and you only ever see his stunning glowing skin when it "breaks".

Like GR above, I don't plan on fully upgrading him. They could have at least made his color go from purple to red or something!
#5 Posted: 03:48:18 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I kinda need an image of smilie with the soul gem to make my decision.
---
#6 Posted: 03:55:35 19/04/2014
Quote: ItalianGamer97
Well, I kinda need an image of smilie with the soul gem to make my decision.

Look at any youtube video showing what happens when regular Rattle Shake gets his soul gem. They will match.

FF to 3:00 or so

FF to 1:10 or so

So, don't believe us---go ahead and buy the soul gem.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 04:08:30 19/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
#7 Posted: 04:21:44 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, does the soul gem make a major difference on both smilie and smilie? If it does, I'll reconsider, but if not, I guess I'll keep the soul gem off until I hear otherwise.
---
#8 Posted: 04:23:59 19/04/2014
Quote: ItalianGamer97
Well, does the soul gem make a major difference on both smilie and smilie? If it does, I'll reconsider, but if not, I guess I'll keep the soul gem off until I hear otherwise.

Ummm....Watch the first video at the minute mark I indicated. If full body re-coloring isn't major for you, buy the soul gem. I'm actually irritated my regular Rattle Shake has the re-coloring.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:24:44 19/04/2014 by GhostRoaster
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#9 Posted: 04:33:12 19/04/2014
I don't know if you just can't watch that video, ItalianGamer, but his whole body colour turns to a dark purple colour with black diamonds, it also has a really shiny look to it kind of like Pop Thorn's Soul Gem. It actually makes him look a lot like one of the Evil Minions from SA's boss battles and Giants' Ambushes. smilie

I like it much better than his regular colour scheme but I hate it on Quickdraw because it makes them look the same in game. They should have inverted the colour and make Quickdraw get a light green skin with white diamonds.
#10 Posted: 04:39:24 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I could watch the videos, and it seems that the soul gem looks the same on both smilie and smilie, but I wonder if it really makes a big difference gameplay-wise. But I don't even have smilie, so I can't buy the soul gem. After I get Quickdraw and his soul gem and I decide I don't like the look, I can use a skylander editor program to back up the halves of smilie before the soul gem upgrade, and then write the soul gem-less backups onto the halves of the smilie.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:45:09 19/04/2014 by ItalianGamer97
#11 Posted: 17:35:57 19/04/2014
Well, this was a much ado about nothing. Gesh, if you can do that...why ask?
---
#12 Posted: 17:45:02 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I dunno, I guess I forgot had the skylander editor program when I made the original post. I'm just wondering if the soul gem on smilie/smilie makes a huge difference in terms of gameplay. Is the soul gem important enough to get anyways, even with smilie?
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#13 Posted: 21:17:35 19/04/2014
If you play Nightmare Mode it's basically worthless really. I've never actually had it take effect on him there, since I never get hit. If you play a lower difficulty, maybe, but there are still a lot of enemies that do considerable damage and you won't really want to get hit anyway. I'd say it's good to buy on the regular version because it makes him look cooler but that's just my opinion.
#14 Posted: 22:04:34 19/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Are the stat boosts that the soul gems provide (increased critical hit for top, increased speed for bottom) major enough to warrant the upgrade or minor enough to skip the upgrade?
---
#15 Posted: 01:23:55 30/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I bought the soul gem on smilie, and unlike what you guys said, he's actually a little different compared to smilie with the soul gem. Look at the tip of his tail and the middle of his gun, which is below his gun-holding hand.This is the image that proves my reasons.
---
#16 Posted: 02:55:32 30/04/2014
Everything I said is still correct. His body does in fact change color. But whatever, enjoy your PURPLE snake. I'll enjoy my WHITE snake. smilie
---
#17 Posted: 01:51:29 01/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I do have Lv. 20 backups of both halves of my smilie before buying the soul gem and backups after buying the soul gem. I didn't see a visible increase in speed or critical hit at the stats screen after buying the soul gem, so I assumed it only had a subtle effect, and restored him to his soul gem-less state via my editor program. I guess I'll somehow have to contact TFB to give them a suggestion to change smilie's soul gem skin color in Trap Team.
---
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#18 Posted: 02:38:49 01/05/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Everything I said is still correct. His body does in fact change color. But whatever, enjoy your PURPLE snake. I'll enjoy my WHITE snake. smilie

I enjoy 80's hair bands sometimes too.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
#19 Posted: 03:14:11 01/05/2014
Quote: gta1134
Quote: GhostRoaster

I enjoy 80's hair bands sometimes too.

Deep Purple, or Whitesnake...it's all good smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me