darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Who's a Teen And Plays This...AND ACTUALLY LIKES IT?
Page 1 of 1
Who's a Teen And Plays This...AND ACTUALLY LIKES IT? [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 05:53:52 16/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Just asking.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:14:17 16/04/2014 by LocoGuy107
legendaryfabo Gold Sparx Gems: 2968
#2 Posted: 05:58:52 16/04/2014
Dood me! I am!!! Yay teen power!!! We have no rights, lol...
---
Hi
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 07:29:22 16/04/2014
I guess I'm a young teen. Anyone can like this game even if they are adults or teenagers.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 08:19:24 16/04/2014
Yes. 18 and LOVE Skylanders. Can't wait to see the fourth next week! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
FreezeBlade98 Blue Sparx Gems: 938
#5 Posted: 09:50:25 16/04/2014
I'm 15 and LOVE Skylanders:-)
---
Best Trap Masters: smilie smilie smilie
Best villains: smilie smilie Tae Cwan Crow
Skorus Green Sparx Gems: 492
#6 Posted: 11:32:37 16/04/2014
I'm 13 and I LOVE the games, even if some people at school say 'Ugh, that's a kid's game, go play Call Of Duty or FIFA'.
---
Butt.
#7 Posted: 11:45:54 16/04/2014
Quote: Skorus
I'm 13 and I LOVE the games, even if some people at school say 'Ugh, that's a kid's game, go play Call Of Duty or FIFA'.

So they think it's not okay to play a kids game but it is okay to play a adult game? It would actually be the other way round.
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#8 Posted: 12:05:38 16/04/2014
I'm a teen, and it is a fun game. It is just that, I need to stop, or I will just spend tons of money again.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#9 Posted: 12:20:12 16/04/2014
Dude, you're coming off rude in the topic title.
There are dozens of teens on here that enjoy it, myself included.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#10 Posted: 12:23:42 16/04/2014
Quote: Matteomax
Dude, you're coming off rude in the topic title.
There are dozens of teens on here that enjoy it, myself included.

Feels appropriate.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#11 Posted: 13:02:46 16/04/2014
I'm 14 and I absolutely love Skylanders smilie Been playing for almost two years.
---
Purple dragon.
#12 Posted: 13:27:35 16/04/2014
I am 14 and I have played it for 2 years and 4 months.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#13 Posted: 14:17:49 16/04/2014
17 year old guy, started with SSA when i was 15, got every game and i'm almost 18 now soooo... xD
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#14 Posted: 14:27:09 16/04/2014
i've played since 2011. 13 BTW
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#15 Posted: 15:29:37 16/04/2014
I'm 14 and I hopped on the skylanders train back in Giants. I wasn't too sure about it because back then I thought I was one of the only teens who actually likes the game smilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#16 Posted: 15:54:45 16/04/2014
I'm 18. Been a fan of it from the beginning. It's some kind of... Mindless fun that I enjoy after playing some strategy game or something. Also, grinding. A lot of grinding.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#17 Posted: 16:03:44 16/04/2014
I think the correct question is "Is anyone a teen and ADMITS to liking it?". That's the big thing, at that age most young boys spurn "kiddie" games because of perception. They claim that they like "mature" games like Call of Duty or GTA. My son tells me most of the boys in his class say Call of Duty is the best. He is 10. I don't think they necessarily prefer Call of Duty, they just see their older siblings or parents play them or tell them they can't play them and think of them as things adults do.

Teens like those games over Skylanders, Mario, etc. because they are "grown up" or a forbidden fruit. The same reason a teen will try to drink a beer. Not because they like it, but because they want to feel older (who actually thought their first taste of beer was good?). For our house, I've found they key is to not treat those games as something special or adult. I've played God of War around him and he has no interest, I let him try it out. He finds Mario and Skylanders more fun. He would rather play those because when all things are equal, he will choose what he likes.

There is a donut hole for games like Skylanders. Kids like them and adults like them. It's amazing how many teens supposedly hate Mario, but rediscover it when they reach actual adulthood and realize their fun time should be spent doing something they enjoy rather than what others tell you that you should enjoy. To me, it is a sign of immaturity to be so swayed by the opinions of your peers. A teen that openly says he enjoys Skylanders (or other similar games) is a indicative of someone that is comfortable in their own skin - a sign of maturity. That isn't to say "like Skylanders = mature teen", there are many older, mature people that do not enjoy that type of game (or video games at all) - I am just saying that not basing your views on the views of others is more indicative of adulthood - far more so than playing M rated games, drinking alcohol, watching rated R movies, etc.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#18 Posted: 16:13:12 16/04/2014
16 (17 in May) and I love Skylanders! smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#19 Posted: 16:44:36 16/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: defpally
I think the correct question is "Is anyone a teen and ADMITS to liking it?". That's the big thing, at that age most young boys spurn "kiddie" games because of perception. They claim that they like "mature" games like Call of Duty or GTA. My son tells me most of the boys in his class say Call of Duty is the best. He is 10. I don't think they necessarily prefer Call of Duty, they just see their older siblings or parents play them or tell them they can't play them and think of them as things adults do.

Teens like those games over Skylanders, Mario, etc. because they are "grown up" or a forbidden fruit. The same reason a teen will try to drink a beer. Not because they like it, but because they want to feel older (who actually thought their first taste of beer was good?). For our house, I've found they key is to not treat those games as something special or adult. I've played God of War around him and he has no interest, I let him try it out. He finds Mario and Skylanders more fun. He would rather play those because when all things are equal, he will choose what he likes.

There is a donut hole for games like Skylanders. Kids like them and adults like them. It's amazing how many teens supposedly hate Mario, but rediscover it when they reach actual adulthood and realize their fun time should be spent doing something they enjoy rather than what others tell you that you should enjoy. To me, it is a sign of immaturity to be so swayed by the opinions of your peers. A teen that openly says he enjoys Skylanders (or other similar games) is a indicative of someone that is comfortable in their own skin - a sign of maturity. That isn't to say "like Skylanders = mature teen", there are many older, mature people that do not enjoy that type of game (or video games at all) - I am just saying that not basing your views on the views of others is more indicative of adulthood - far more so than playing M rated games, drinking alcohol, watching rated R movies, etc.

I'm actually one of those serious and MATURE teens (with a little sense of humor), so I don't find Skylanders my type. When Skylanders was announced, my main concern was actually swimming levels. They never came. What's more is that this isn't even a sequel to Spyro: Shadow Legacy, which ended on a cliffhanger.
[User Posted Image]
And I find that the need to buy Skylanders figures would make me look very awkward around my mother (heck, I've outgrown collecting figures, so it makes me feel weird to see those little figurines in GameStop). Not only that, I've outgrown kid's stuff in general, so everything about Skylanders seems too dang weird to me.

So, yeah, I prefer to wait for THAT game's sequel, but I want Spyro to go Naughty Dog style, like Jak & Daxter turning into a mix of Jak II and The Last Of Us style. I'm okay with you guys liking Skylanders, but I'm STILL waiting for Shadow Legacy's sequel.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:04:45 16/04/2014 by bionicle2809
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#20 Posted: 17:02:54 16/04/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
Quote: defpally

I'm actually one of those serious and MATURE teens (with a little sense of humor), so I don't find Skylanders my type. When Skylanders was announced, my main concern was actually swimming levels. They never came. What's more is that this isn't even a sequel to Spyro: Shadow Legacy, which ended on a cliffhanger.
[User Posted Image]
And I find that the need to buy Skylanders figures would make me look very awkward around my mother (heck, I've outgrown collecting figures, so it makes me feel weird to see those little figurines in GameStop). Not only that, I've outgrown kid's stuff in general, so everything about Skylanders seems too dang weird to me.

So, yeah, I prefer to wait for THAT game's sequel, but I want Spyro to go Naughty Dog style, like Jak & Daxter turning into a mix of Jak II and The Last Of Us style. I'm okay with you guys liking Skylanders, but I'm STILL waiting for Shadow Legacy's sequel.

DON'T YOU EVER, BRING THAT VILE, UGLY, WORD I CAN'T SAY IN THIS FORUM OF A GAME UP IN MY PRESENCE. EVER!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:07:46 16/04/2014 by HeyitsHotDog
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#21 Posted: 17:02:59 16/04/2014
Loco, I'm no stranger to your opinions on the state of the current series after what I've seen on the general section. But did you really just make this topic so you could sit and act high and mighty about how you're much more "mature" than everyone else here and how everyone who has posted in this topic is "weird for liking Skylanders" and such things along those lines.

This is our equivalent of the "I don't get the appeal" threads and (congrats) this has been the first one in years.

Also, advertising your fanfiction? No. I'm getting rid of that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:05:24 16/04/2014 by bionicle2809
#22 Posted: 17:10:24 16/04/2014
Also Spyro isn't that much more mature than Skylanders.
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#23 Posted: 17:51:26 16/04/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107
I'm actually one of those serious and MATURE teens (with a little sense of humor), so I don't find Skylanders my type.

CACKLING! Newsflash kid: If you have to inform people you're mature (and bold it), you're not that at all!
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#24 Posted: 17:56:57 16/04/2014
I'm 16, and I've been playing Skylanders since the first game. It's great!
---
Bring the Fanta
#25 Posted: 18:27:40 16/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809
Loco, I'm no stranger to your opinions on the state of the current series after what I've seen on the general section. But did you really just make this topic so you could sit and act high and mighty about how you're much more "mature" than everyone else here and how everyone who has posted in this topic is "weird for liking Skylanders" and such things along those lines.

This is our equivalent of the "I don't get the appeal" threads and (congrats) this has been the first one in years.

Also, advertising your fanfiction? No. I'm getting rid of that.

I actually don't realize my true tone in making these topics until I see something like your message. Now that I'm seeing this, it makes me feel like I'm really cocky. Heck, I feel like my personality was shaped from Spyro himself.

[phone rings; picks up phone]

YO! What's...what?

[hangs up phone]

I MUST GO, MY DRAGONS NEED ME.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me