Page 1 of 1
Is Swap-Force still fun? [CLOSED]
FreezeBlade98 Blue Sparx Gems: 938
#1 Posted: 15:15:59 15/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, only a week until they will reveal Skylanders 4, so does that means that Swap-Force is boring now?
---
Best Trap Masters: smilie smilie smilie
Best villains: smilie smilie Tae Cwan Crow
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 15:25:34 15/04/2014
Not at all. I admit it is a little less fun, but it's the fate of most games (if not all).
Personally, playing it in streaming using my PSVita really brought back the fun. Now I can play it everywhere in my house, and won't stop until all my characters (and I only miss Doom Stone) are full maxed out, with all quests done and all upgrades purchased! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#3 Posted: 15:27:45 15/04/2014
Quote: Drek95
Not at all. I admit it is a little less fun, but it's the fate of most games (if not all).
Personally, playing it in streaming using my PSVita really brought back the fun. Now I can play it everywhere in my house, and won't stop until all my characters (and I only miss Doom Stone) are full maxed out, with all quests done and all upgrades purchased! smilie

I'd LOVE if they finally released a Vita version.

As for OP, release of a new game doesn't diminish the previous effort. Honestly SF was going down that path anyways...
- Unreall
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 16:45:44 15/04/2014
I'd love a Vita version. However, it would have to be a port of the 3DS version - there simply isn't enough install base to justify much more than a minor graphical uplift of that one. The portable platform doesn't really mesh with the console version, being that it would require a constant portal connection.

If I had my choice though I'd love a Vita version comparable to the console one (it could handle it), but give the ability to "load in" four or five Skylanders at a time for travel purposes. I'm not a big fan of the new 3DS method of loading them all in and having them all available at the press of a button, the only reason to ever reconnect a figure is to "save" level info, which is pointless once they hit max. It kind of defeats the concept of "toys to life" and makes them more like "unlock keys". It was better the previous way where you had to interact with the figures frequently, but the two at a time was very limiting when you needed to travel. Loading a small roster would be a great feature.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#5 Posted: 17:05:08 15/04/2014
Quote: defpally
I'd love a Vita version. However, it would have to be a port of the 3DS version - there simply isn't enough install base to justify much more than a minor graphical uplift of that one. The portable platform doesn't really mesh with the console version, being that it would require a constant portal connection.

If I had my choice though I'd love a Vita version comparable to the console one (it could handle it), but give the ability to "load in" four or five Skylanders at a time for travel purposes. I'm not a big fan of the new 3DS method of loading them all in and having them all available at the press of a button, the only reason to ever reconnect a figure is to "save" level info, which is pointless once they hit max. It kind of defeats the concept of "toys to life" and makes them more like "unlock keys". It was better the previous way where you had to interact with the figures frequently, but the two at a time was very limiting when you needed to travel. Loading a small roster would be a great feature.

Both the 3DS and Vita could handle something comparable to the console to some degree. Perhaps, graphics comparable to the Wii version of SSA? I also want the SSA 3DS game-play back, with the camera right behind the Skylander. I'm not a fan of the 3DS trying to be like the console version.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#6 Posted: 17:56:09 15/04/2014
The Vita could def handle it. However I prefer the new 3DS way, when you have a large collection, it's great not having to bring them with you out of town or something. As well on a slightly personal schtick, my son (bought to turn 3) can play on the 3DS, and switch characters all day...keeping him...occupied...when dad has to take care of a few things while we are out hehe.
- Unreall
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#7 Posted: 18:02:13 15/04/2014
Quote: Unreallystic
The Vita could def handle it. However I prefer the new 3DS way, when you have a large collection, it's great not having to bring them with you out of town or something. As well on a slightly personal schtick, my son (bought to turn 3) can play on the 3DS, and switch characters all day...keeping him...occupied...when dad has to take care of a few things while we are out hehe.
- Unreall

ARE YOU A HIT MAN?!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#8 Posted: 22:00:08 15/04/2014
Even though I'm currently trying to focus on the previous two games more, I still find SSF fun. I still have things to do in the game to keep me occupied until the next, including reaching rank 80 and maxing out all of my characters.
---
Purple dragon.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#9 Posted: 22:52:28 15/04/2014
I cannot really comment on the console yet but i have to say DS version of swap force is the best of those three . They did an amazing job . I almost feel like i am playing a console game .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 22:55:47 15/04/2014
I'd love a Vita version, but seriously...they would sell something like two copies.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#11 Posted: 12:25:31 16/04/2014
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
- Unreall

ARE YOU A HIT MAN?!
I wish, they get paid more...
- Unreall

Quote: GhostRoaster
I'd love a Vita version, but seriously...they would sell something like two copies.

You and I? I'm sure we could scrounge up a third and fourth person to double those sales.
- Unreall
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#12 Posted: 17:53:35 16/04/2014
It's...fun. Yes. SSA stopped being fun as soon as the story was over (I include the Adventure Packs as part of the story), but Giants was terribly boring from the beginning!

when dad has to take care of a few things while we are out hehe.

o_0
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#13 Posted: 18:38:11 16/04/2014
All of the Skylanders games are fun.

..Until you beat them. They lose some of their luster.

..And until you get (and play with) all the figures, although lately I've been experimenting with the Swappers, so it's a little less boring than Giants.

The boss fights seem more dynamic this time.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#14 Posted: 19:22:02 16/04/2014
It's kind of unfair though to take shots at Skylanders with regards to 'boring once beaten' - that's most games. Even GTA5, once beaten, you do a few random quest, might explore a few places, might play online for a week or so, but then you look up and realize you haven't played the game in MONTHS as it got boring, and that was a MASSIVE open world game.

Now I do understand that with the money poured into this game, that you do want a longer run/better return on investment, but there does need to be 'some' level of fairness brought about.
- Unreall
scratchking22 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#15 Posted: 20:37:29 16/04/2014
It's kind of unfair though to take shots at Skylanders with regards to 'boring once beaten' - that's most games. Even GTA5, once beaten, you do a few random quest, might explore a few places, might play online for a week or so, but then you look up and realize you haven't played the game in MONTHS as it got boring, and that was a MASSIVE open world game.

Now I do understand that with the money poured into this game, that you do want a longer run/better return on investment, but there does need to be 'some' level of fairness brought about.
- Unreall

Yes, but you usually only pay $60 with maybe a little DLC. Skylanders you can sink in thousands, it feels like you wasted your money.
---
~ Clinton/Kaine 2016 ~
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#16 Posted: 01:34:41 17/04/2014
Quote: Matteomax

..And until you get (and play with) all the figures, although lately I've been experimenting with the Swappers, so it's a little less boring than Giants.

The boss fights seem more dynamic this time.

That's what's been keeping me in the "this is fun" zone. The swapping gave it some more enticing life over the usual "new character".

Quote: scratchking22

- Unreall

Yes, but you usually only pay $60 with maybe a little DLC. Skylanders you can sink in thousands, it feels like you wasted your money.

Exactly. The content does not justify the amount of money spent on it.
kdhayes Red Sparx Gems: 85
#17 Posted: 01:08:22 23/04/2014
Honestly, I am majorly OCD, even my ocd meds dont stop me from having to level up every guy I own. I also have to get 3 stars on every difficulty and finish all the collections and challenges. I can't put this game down and start Skylanders 4 until I feel complete with this one. I am excited for #4 but I honestly think it's coming out a little soon.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#18 Posted: 01:18:19 23/04/2014
kdhayes, I know exactly what you mean! My OCD has problems with my little sister always swapping the swappers
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me