Page 1 of 1
You know what's weird? [CLOSED]
ThunderBolt3811 Green Sparx Gems: 126
#1 Posted: 22:31:55 12/04/2014 | Topic Creator
I've never played this game. ._.

Okay, I take that back. I have played it. However I never got past the first homeworld because my disc mysteriously vanished. But then when I found it again it was broken. How did that happen? Anyway, I just say that I've never played it because of the really small amount of progress I made on it.

So I guess the point of this thread would be if you guys have played it (and I'm positive most of you have) how did you like it? I hear mixed reviews for it. Some people say it's the best game in the original 3, some people say it's fine but not as good as the first two, and others say it's crummy.
---
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:12 12/04/2014 by ThunderBolt3811
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#2 Posted: 22:43:01 12/04/2014
I think the first two are better, but by no means is this a bad game. I feel like 1 was more polished (YoTD feels a bit unpolished at times, and it's in very annoying ways at certain points, like some difficulty feels cheap or too easy) while 2 had better balance in general(like a better balance of plot + gameplay, main platforming + minigames in levels, and difficulty, etc.). The extra characters are both fun and frustrating. They can be really entertaining at times and it's nice to have a break from just playing with Spyro, and they also all have nice personalities, but some of their stages just aren't fun(Sparx Worlds are especially bad, it feels like you have to be ridiculously precise with his shooting, and they just aren't that fun- it's a shame because I think the idea was cool). It's also kind of disappointing that Agent 9 didn't get more stages, you hardly get to play with him. Most of the environments and main sections of stages are just as good as those in the last games, I actually can't think of any I think are bad.

That's just objectively speaking, though- personally, this is my favourite of the three, because it's the first game I ever played and I have a ton of memories of it, more than the other two, about pretty much everything in this game. smilie The game is just the most nostalgic for me(I actually didn't play the other two for the first time until a couple of years ago), which gives it a special kind of magical quality. And for all its faults and the sections I always hated playing, I still love it more the others because it was the first frikin' game I ever played!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:44:34 12/04/2014 by Arc of Archives
ThunderBolt3811 Green Sparx Gems: 126
#3 Posted: 22:48:20 12/04/2014 | Topic Creator
Ah, alright. That's pretty much everything that people are saying in the reviews for it. I totally know the feeling of being nostalgically attached to a game. That's how I feel with Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer (my favorite in the first 3). :3
---
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#4 Posted: 11:39:41 26/04/2014
I think you should play it again! It's really good for just chillaxing on a rainy day or procrastinating homework.. smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me