Page 1 of 1
Mesmeralda [CLOSED]
Punk Shock Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#1 Posted: 18:48:49 27/03/2014 | Topic Creator
Am I the only one who thinks it'd be so cool to see Mesmeralda in the fourth game as a playable hero? Her design is amazing, and it'd be nifty to see characters from the actual video game story appear as playable characters.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 19:04:52 27/03/2014
I'm not a big fan of the "NPC used as playable character" idea, for Skylanders: they have so much ideas, there isn't any need to use an old character for a new Skylander.
But, that being said, using a creature from her same species would be really funny.
Just not her.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 19:17:26 27/03/2014
She's too tall though. I think she is good guy material though.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#4 Posted: 19:43:58 27/03/2014
Quote: Drek95
I'm not a big fan of the "NPC used as playable character" idea, for Skylanders: they have so much ideas, there isn't any need to use an old character for a new Skylander.
But, that being said, using a creature from her same species would be really funny.
Just not her.

This.

You could make a string/pet based spider of the same species as her that is scaled down, similar, but NOT identical.
- Unreall
gta1134 Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#5 Posted: 19:46:46 27/03/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob

That's heightist, we don't need that sort of ugliness here.
---
Have an extra boomer and punch pop fizz that are opened and a darklight crypt that is still sealed for trade.
#6 Posted: 20:16:02 27/03/2014
Quote: gta1134

I hope you're joking.
She is too tall though. Shrinking her would look stupid.
---
Serenade Green Sparx Gems: 201
#7 Posted: 22:04:04 27/03/2014
hope she comes back, though.
She was the coolest non-Skylander thing in Swap Force, so i really hope to see her again.
Best thing for me would be something on the lines of Brock from Giants: a boss at first, but after you defeat her, she tags along the good guys to provide something useful/challenging for the heroes
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 23:04:17 27/03/2014

I hope you're joking.

I'm so offended by all of this offensive behavior.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#9 Posted: 23:31:22 27/03/2014
I personally hated her. She was never given any proper development or backstory, just there for the sake of having a villain to capture the Frosthound and battle you after the level. Didn't really find her song that cool(although I liked the idea, but the way Drill-X was singing was still a better idea because it flowed better with the gameplay). I didn't enjoy her fight, and I didn't find her particularly funny or cool.

But if she got more to her character in the next game, I guess I'd be okay with that? I just don't care for her. At all. Besides disliking her lack of backstory and development, I have absolutely no thoughts about her. She just felt so pointless, and I personally wasn't entertained by her...

Making villains into playable characters feels lazy though and unless they never reappear in the story again and are only ever frozen as toys I don't see how that could work without ruining the story(only the first couple of paragraphs of that post are relevant, last three aren't, I don't even know if I agree with the last two any more). If they didn't make too many of them though it might be cool, but if they make too many it'll just feel gimmicky. It should make sense and feel natural as to why [villain] is now frozen into a toy and you can command them, and since [villain] is now frozen into a toy it also means they can't appear in the story ever again outside of you using them.

Me, I'd rather see Shellshock though, he has similar problems to Mesmerelda but at least he actually did something notable (Evilise Whiskers and have him attack you) that the other villains didn't, and I don't know what it is but he just feels a bit more developed. Plus, personally, I just like him a lot better than Mesmerelda. Neither is really fantastic but given the choice of what villain I want to play I'd go with Shellshock just because I like him for actually trying to stop you and evading you throughout the level. It feels like so few of the villains in Skylanders actually do anything now.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:37:08 27/03/2014 by Arc of Archives
#10 Posted: 07:00:27 28/03/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

I hope you're joking.

I'm so offended by all of this offensive behavior.

I'm not sure what to say.
---
Punk Shock Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#11 Posted: 12:59:47 28/03/2014 | Topic Creator
They're joking.
FlameSlinger11 Green Sparx Gems: 323
#12 Posted: 13:38:21 28/03/2014
What if the 5th Skylander game was Nega-Skylanders. And the game was reversed. All the enemies become the pieces and Kaos is our leader.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 15:31:01 28/03/2014
Quote: Punk Shock
They're joking.

Newcomer knows me pretty well. Bonus points.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#14 Posted: 20:30:35 28/03/2014
Oooh, I like the idea of playing the bad guys smilie Not sure how that would fit with your "existing" Skylander collection though.
Also, with the target age range, pretty sure they would never do that.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#15 Posted: 09:38:45 30/03/2014
She is even bigger then a giant (but yeh the Skylander sizes are a big messup anyways i think she is just suposed to be human sized)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#16 Posted: 18:11:05 30/03/2014
Unless they fix her,all of my nope. She came out of nowhere and left out of nowhere,had the dumbest battle phase song(20 seconds in loop,last time I checked no one liked Kracko's 6 second theme in Kirby's Epic Yarn so why would someone like this) and though her design is nice,it goes everywhere....It's Hex mutated into a spider with some Evilizer textures and questionable attire thrown in.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
GamerGroovenik Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#17 Posted: 19:55:22 30/03/2014
I loved Mesmerelda, but I don't think she should return as a playable charachter at all. Seeing her in a future release would be great, as would learning more about her backstory. As for a playable member of her race, my initial thoughts are "no", but the developers could surprise me and put her at the top of my list (like a certain dislocated alien).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me