Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
DotD Cynder [CLOSED]
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#151 Posted: 03:24:37 24/06/2009
This topic makes me wanna FACEPIANO.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#152 Posted: 03:31:48 24/06/2009
Quote: Aqua-Dragoness
^ Um... is that called 'Head-Imaginary-Wall', HIR? XD (Sorry, I thought the image was funny)

It's called a KARMA HEADBANG. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#153 Posted: 08:41:43 24/06/2009
Quote: Aura24
Cynder wasn't supposed to be a sexy, awkward dragon in the first place, until EL designed her to look like one. She wasn't even suppose to have a sudden change of attitude.

Here's one prime example of a fan who constantly chats about DotD Cynder in this spam topic, and have nothing better to do than just talk about her body.

http://www.spyroforum.com/topi...pam-thread.html

It's sad really.

God! THAT is just too much!

I think she's sexy, yes. But I'd rather keep quiet about it.. I woudn't want to be named as a"fantard"
I think dreaming about Cynder every second of ones life goes pretty too far, though..

And do topics like that occur all the time? I haven't seen one in DarkSpyro..
Must really get annoying..
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#154 Posted: 16:57:20 24/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Fortunately, no, but this guy named Sethisto is the only one in the Spyro forums I've seen that thinks DotD Cynder is sexy and constantly chats too much about her, and has been obsessed with her since the first screenshot of her came out last year. And doesn't know when too stop either, saying she's delicious and has sexy curves. Ugh...

And fortunately and hopefully, there won't be any DotD Cynder fantards topics on DarkSpyro that have fantards talk about her body.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#155 Posted: 17:03:15 24/06/2009
lol.. anybody see my comments on there? lol... I think it is a sutpid and not funny joke but who am I?

Mabey he is that bad but who knows honestly... other than him... I'll ask him on that forum here.. lol
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
#156 Posted: 17:35:26 24/06/2009
Fortunately, no, but this guy named Sethisto is the only one in the Spyro forums I've seen that thinks DotD Cynder is sexy and constantly chats too much about her, and has been obsessed with her since the first screenshot of her came out last year. And doesn't know when too stop either, saying she's delicious and has sexy curves. Ugh...

And fortunately and hopefully, there won't be any DotD Cynder fantards topics on DarkSpyro that have fantards talk about her body.

She IS delicious and has sexy curves!
It's just that the character ain't real..
End of story..

Anyway, I hope DarkSpyro won't be overrun by that kinda people..
No offence to them, I should know how they feel, sorta, I mean. I don't like Cynder THAT much..
#157 Posted: 17:44:56 24/06/2009
lol..... you are almost sounding like him now.... lol
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
#158 Posted: 17:47:35 24/06/2009
No no no.. He's waaay more experienced in Cynderism..
#159 Posted: 18:01:54 24/06/2009 | Topic Creator
The obsessed and annoying fantards makes me wish the old Cynder from TEN would be back and appear in the future Spyro games.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#160 Posted: 18:53:06 24/06/2009

No, but there will be topics like this where some SpyroxCynder fans voice opinions which do not need to be shared.

I'm glad the topic starter headed to my words of wisdom.
---
#161 Posted: 18:53:20 24/06/2009
I'll agree... lol.... It's just forein to me why this happened in the first place...
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
#162 Posted: 19:16:07 24/06/2009
Why doesn't anyone ever say dark ADULT Cynder is tasty and has sexy curves? I mean, doesn't having some kind of sexual fantasy with a TEENAGE/CHILD LIKE character make you a pedophile even if the subject is a dragon of fiction?

I mean, I could call something like this sexy:

http://rodneythedragon.deviant...Cynder-95044621
http://blackdragonaj89.deviant...re-of-121714872

But not this:

http://sazigirl.deviantart.com...Style-102128911
http://gaphas.deviantart.com/a...yro-2-115367722
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#163 Posted: 19:30:56 24/06/2009
Preching to the Choir here....
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
#164 Posted: 19:50:08 24/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Here's a quote from Sethisto about us being annoyed with him and his DotD Cynder obsession on the Activision Spyro forums.

It's found on here:
http://forums.vgames.com/viewt...4c865a5e124e922

I think there's a little bit of an over reaction going on here ;p

People obsessing over Cynder doesn't "seriously damage" anyone... holy *. Shes a female character, who they just so happened to add curves to. Just like midna, or krystal, or renamon. People will obsess, especially bored mmo addicts like myself who will never find a real girl.

and furrys, furrys love Cynder.

EL probably didn't think people would go emocrazy over the fact that people love their character, and hate them for making her actually look good... instead of her TEN self who was flat boring and ugly. Few noticed her back then, and few noticed the game. New graphics/new Cynder brought in a whole crowd of people. They had sales figures up on one of those other spyro forums a while back, and DOTD pretty much doubled the first 2 games combined.

If anything you should thank EL, and new Cynder for making the game so successful. This will almost guarantee another game after their movie is released. Assuming they keep Cynder a hottie in the movie too!

This guy doesn't make any sense! It's not just DotD Cynder that made the game successful. And he's clueless of why DotD Cynder fantards are ruining Cynder's character. smilie

And TEN Cynder has been noticed!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:45:29 24/06/2009 by Aura24
#165 Posted: 22:41:36 24/06/2009
[quote=Aura24
and furrys, furrys love Cynder.[/quote]

LIES!

Doesn't that moron know what the furry fandom is even? Heck, all my female reptilian and avian characters are hated and they complain that I draw nothing good, but unless your torture those characters or you draw up a picture of a Sonic character, or make some wolf or draw up a famous furry like Renaman (misspelled on purpose), they'll want you to draw it constantly. =(

Seriously, he needs to do his research.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#166 Posted: 22:51:36 24/06/2009 | Topic Creator
And I highly doubt that making Cynder "sexy" is what caused the game to sell. He needs a reality check, and he spends most of his time thinking about DotD Cynder's body. At least he's the only DotD Cynder, obsessive fan that I, along with several others, argued with on the Activision forums of Spyro about his love for DotD Cynder and he doesn't seem to realize that his attraction to Cynder has gone too far.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:37 24/06/2009 by Aura24
#167 Posted: 23:39:27 24/06/2009
Part of me thinks he's trying to mix the act of trolling with that fetish of his. Hmmm... *strokes nonexistent beard in thought*
---
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#168 Posted: 04:32:40 25/06/2009
I think that the fans have blown it out of proportion. It's like saying that Space Jam maily sold for the appearance of the new character Lola Bunny.
---
Don't mess with JAK
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#169 Posted: 06:25:04 25/06/2009
Quote: Samius
No no no.. He's waaay more experienced in Cynderism..

WTF? "Cynderism"? smilie smilie

Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
[quote=Aura24

LIES!

Doesn't that moron know what the furry fandom is even? Heck, all my female reptilian and avian characters are hated and they complain that I draw nothing good, but unless your torture those characters or you draw up a picture of a Sonic character, or make some wolf or draw up a famous furry like Renaman (misspelled on purpose), they'll want you to draw it constantly. =(

Seriously, he needs to do his research.[/quote]

Wow, that must suck.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:27:17 25/06/2009 by XenoSpyro
#170 Posted: 14:50:55 25/06/2009
Cynderism is obsessing over all aspects of Cynder from DotD. AND I COINED THAT TERM, DANGIT! >.<
---
#171 Posted: 15:51:44 25/06/2009
Quote: HIR
Cynderism is obsessing over all aspects of Cynder from DotD. AND I COINED THAT TERM, DANGIT! >.<

I know, it just sounds so.. correct..
But I don't obess over all aspects of Cynder, I just like what she looks like..

I think there's a little bit of an over reaction going on here ;p

People obsessing over Cynder doesn't "seriously damage" anyone... holy *. Shes a female character, who they just so happened to add curves to. Just like midna, or krystal, or renamon. People will obsess, especially bored mmo addicts like myself who will never find a real girl.

EL probably didn't think people would go emocrazy over the fact that people love their character, and hate them for making her actually look good... instead of her TEN self who was flat boring and ugly. Few noticed her back then, and few noticed the game. New graphics/new Cynder brought in a whole crowd of people. They had sales figures up on one of those other spyro forums a while back, and DOTD pretty much doubled the first 2 games combined.

If anything you should thank EL, and new Cynder for making the game so successful. This will almost guarantee another game after their movie is released. Assuming they keep Cynder a hottie in the movie too!

*facepalm* a REALLY bored mmo addict..
Does he really think that DotD sold just because of Cynder?..

Quote: BlackdragonAJ89
Why doesn't anyone ever say dark ADULT Cynder is tasty and has sexy curves? I mean, doesn't having some kind of sexual fantasy with a TEENAGE/CHILD LIKE character make you a pedophile even if the subject is a dragon of fiction?

In theory, I guess.. It feels kinda akward when you say it that way.
I don't want to be a pedophile!!
But as you said. The character is fictional, and it's not even human. You can't really say it's the same..
XenoSpyro Ripto Gems: 246
#172 Posted: 17:22:27 25/06/2009
Quote: fyrestorm91
Quote:
I know of people who are physically attracted to inanimate objects.

Quote:
I've seen people call FOOD sexy.

You guys know some strange people. o_0

Try dealing with people that call 'cars' sexy. smilie
#173 Posted: 20:33:57 25/06/2009 | Topic Creator
I much prefer ANB and TEN Cynder now, than DotD Cynder.
---
Libb_tastic Red Sparx Gems: 22
#174 Posted: 21:41:44 25/06/2009
I don't think she is sexy. Sparx obviously does. He said it. smilie I don't like how that one part on her wing is so thin. smilie
---
Why don't you fight back!? smilie
You've given me nothing to fight for. smilie
There's always something to fight for. smilie
#175 Posted: 21:49:14 25/06/2009

Well, I'll give you credit for it then.

So do I have a severe case of Cynderism if I like Dark Cynder and say she's sexy and not the other forms??
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Libb_tastic Red Sparx Gems: 22
#176 Posted: 21:49:49 25/06/2009
You're a really good drawer. I wish I could draw like that.
---
Why don't you fight back!? smilie
You've given me nothing to fight for. smilie
There's always something to fight for. smilie
#177 Posted: 21:57:07 25/06/2009
Uh, half of it's Illustrator's magical gradient meshes though.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#178 Posted: 01:07:55 26/06/2009

So do I have a severe case of Cynderism if I like Dark Cynder and say she's sexy and not the other forms??

Uh... no. She's an adult and is actually pretty badass as far as Spyro villains are concerned. The Spyro series hasn't exactly been blessed with such awesome villains like Porky Minch, Ganondorf, Sephiroth *flame shield ON*, or Bowser. As far as Spyro villains go, I'd say she's definitely the best one of them all.
---
#179 Posted: 03:12:36 26/06/2009

Uh... no. She's an adult and is actually pretty badass as far as Spyro villains are concerned. The Spyro series hasn't exactly been blessed with such awesome villains like Porky Minch, Ganondorf, Sephiroth *flame shield ON*, or Bowser. As far as Spyro villains go, I'd say she's definitely the best one of them all.

Certainly true about all the other villains, especially when you consider how some of them were actually able to have conquered good at some point (or I can at least assume, I haven't played Final Fantasy or actually ever finished a Zelda game).

But then again though, I feel kind of like I'm annoying fanboy about Cynder because of how the rest of them are, even if it is over her dark, villainous form. =/
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#180 Posted: 03:18:28 26/06/2009
^ Just dropping by to say your assumption on Sephy is right.

If they'd kept Cynder evil and adult, I think it'd be a lot better. She's actually a pretty good villain.
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
#181 Posted: 04:27:42 26/06/2009
Let's look at some aspects of Cynder:

-Mysterious villain whom you know little about (which means she doesn't have an annoying backstory to get in the way of hunting her down)
-Has a kickass fortress as a base of operations
-Said fortress is one of the better LoS levels gameplay and music wise...
-Good voice actress (Cree Summers, w00t)
-Not one of those annoying villains that constantly try to engage you by taunting you

My only gripe was that Dark Cynder had about 10 lines of dialogue in the entire LoS game. <.<;
---
#182 Posted: 03:41:09 27/06/2009 | Topic Creator
Yeah, Cynder would've been better as an ant-hero or remained a villianess for the remained or till the end of the trilogy.
---
#183 Posted: 04:40:00 27/06/2009
Yes and to all those who are Cynderists... head over to YouTube and watch the Game OverThinker immediately. After a few of his epic rants, you'll hopefully be humbled out of your foolish fanboyish views. e_e
---
#184 Posted: 10:32:55 27/06/2009
^ I don't need to, I'm not a foolish fanboy.. smilie

Actually, now that you think about it. A Spyro game where Malefor had already concuered the world would've been a lot better..
And Cynder would be better off as a villain too. I don't like her DotD character.. (And looks are not all that matter)

An ideal set for a story I think.. Spyro brakes free from the crystal only to find out that the world has already been concuered by Malefor..
Cynder could be an ally first, but then turn back evil later by, whatever "aftercurse"..

Could have been much cooler..
#185 Posted: 01:23:16 28/06/2009 | Topic Creator
It would be nice to have the old Cynder back. Not just replace with her with a sudden change of attitude and give her a body that the most obsessive DotD Cynder fans drool over...
---
#186 Posted: 01:43:28 28/06/2009
Yeah, but who knows what is going to happen. Activision is concerned with making as much moolah as possible. And if that means that we're going to see another Spyro game like DotD so that it sells over a million copies (a statistic which I fail to regard as valid), then so be it... much to our dismay.
---
#187 Posted: 01:55:06 28/06/2009
Quote: Samius
^ I don't need to, I'm not a foolish fanboy.. smilie

Actually, now that you think about it. A Spyro game where Malefor had already concuered the world would've been a lot better..
And Cynder would be better off as a villain too. I don't like her DotD character.. (And looks are not all that matter)

An ideal set for a story I think.. Spyro brakes free from the crystal only to find out that the world has already been concuered by Malefor..
Cynder could be an ally first, but then turn back evil later by, whatever "aftercurse"..

Could have been much cooler..

With quite a few tweaks, the game could've been a big hit.
---
randomwarrior Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#188 Posted: 01:59:56 28/06/2009
I find this all ridiculous.

It's a video game character. People who think about her all day really need to get a life.

Sure the change was unexpected and not welcomed by most older fans but I'll be clinging onto the fact that considering this year shall be quiet and dull which means that the developers should be taking their time to make a lengthy and decent game.

As we know that it's highly unlikely that Spyro will revert to the old series, I support a mix of both. I'd also like an art change style. If you only play this game for Cynder then quit. Grow up. She isn't real.

I've also stated that I'm not fond of her persona change either, she had room to for more character development but I feel that it got crushed with her new style. Lets hope that can be rebuilt in the next installment. More character development please!
---
"You have too many roads, demolish them and replace them with streets to save on maintenance.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING, YOU WILL REGRET THIS"
#189 Posted: 02:02:54 28/06/2009
With an extra year of development and Sierra free from Activision's control for that period of time this game could've been a hit. DotD's controls failed because of one reason and one reason only... the X-Box 360. I highly doubt Sierra would ever have thought of trying to put Spyro on the 360. It was Activision looking to make more cash by adding another system that most likely made that decision. So, instead of trying to spend precious time bettering the control schemes for Nintendo and Sony consoles Spyro had already been established on for quite some time, they had to reconfigure the controls for the 360... wasting precious, nonexistent time.

ACTIVISION DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS FAN BASE FOR ITS GAMES. IT ONLY WANTS YOUR MONEY AND COULDN'T CARE LESS IF THE PRODUCTS ARE PANNED BY CRITICS. THE ONLY SERIES THEY DEVOTE REAL TIME AND EFFORT TO IS CALL OF DUTY. AND EVEN WITH THAT SERIES THEY APPARENTLY HAVE NO SOUL. I mean, releasing the World at War trailer on Veteran's Day (true fact), a day that's actually supposed to commemorate the actual people who were actually forced into military conscription and were potentially scarred for life... who does that? >.>
---
#190 Posted: 03:28:17 28/06/2009
With an extra year of development and Sierra free from Activision's control for that period of time this game could've been a hit. DotD's controls failed because of one reason and one reason only... the X-Box 360. I highly doubt Sierra would ever have thought of trying to put Spyro on the 360. It was Activision looking to make more cash by adding another system that most likely made that decision. So, instead of trying to spend precious time bettering the control schemes for Nintendo and Sony consoles Spyro had already been established on for quite some time, they had to reconfigure the controls for the 360... wasting precious, nonexistent time.

This is probably why everything pretty much hit the wall for. As if it wasn't bad enough that one console has wacky controls (the Wii) and the other has two variations (the PS2 and PS3 from what I heard had another controller type), not to mention one has to be in Blu-ray (which I loathe), they had to configure for another HDTV console as well as to port to the funky DS (not being mean, I mean, it's not like the PSP) and the PSP.

ACTIVISION DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS FAN BASE FOR ITS GAMES. IT ONLY WANTS YOUR MONEY AND COULDN'T CARE LESS IF THE PRODUCTS ARE PANNED BY CRITICS. THE ONLY SERIES THEY DEVOTE REAL TIME AND EFFORT TO IS CALL OF DUTY. AND EVEN WITH THAT SERIES THEY APPARENTLY HAVE NO SOUL. I mean, releasing the World at War trailer on Veteran's Day (true fact), a day that's actually supposed to commemorate the actual people who were actually forced into military conscription and were potentially scarred for life... who does that? >.>

That's just pure wall banging right there. I just keep losing respect for the gaming industry with each passing day, exception being Nintendo, but even Mr. Miyamoto is making me wonder just where the world is heading.

Now, as for DotD Cynder, I just want to her to grow up into the black dragon that she was back in ANB, cause right now she's an ugly little girl with over-sized eyes and looks pink. =X
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
#191 Posted: 03:36:09 28/06/2009

This is probably why everything pretty much hit the wall for. As if it wasn't bad enough that one console has wacky controls (the Wii) and the other has two variations (the PS2 and PS3 from what I heard had another controller type), not to mention one has to be in Blu-ray (which I loathe), they had to configure for another HDTV console as well as to port to the funky DS (not being mean, I mean, it's not like the PSP) and the PSP.

You know, you two just might be right.
And it's really not that complicated for them to port something from PS2 to PS3.
I don't think DotD was on PSP, though...
---
#192 Posted: 04:09:28 28/06/2009
No, I don't think it was. ^.^;
---
Leetdero Red Sparx Gems: 76
#193 Posted: 04:13:31 28/06/2009
Isn't the above slightly off topic??
---
Hey kids, I have this new hard to find hack that I would like to show you. It's called skill
#194 Posted: 04:27:07 28/06/2009
Yes. It's rather hard to stay on topic unless the topic doesn't really have a topic (see SPAM thread for more detail). <.<;

Okay, steering us back on topic. Anyone else think Cynder should be the anti-hero of the next LoS-universe based Spyro game... with a storyline completely independent of our personality-lacking purple dragon? <.<;
---
#195 Posted: 04:31:21 28/06/2009
YES.

Absolutely. But make it...unpredictable, I like to have to use a walkthrough in a game because I get utterly lost.
---
#196 Posted: 04:32:41 28/06/2009
Maybe she should take the Samus path and become a bounty hunter? *trampled by fanboy/girl mob* x.x;
---
Leetdero Red Sparx Gems: 76
#197 Posted: 04:35:27 28/06/2009
I think that Cynder should be a cyborg. And end up killing spyro.
Cyborg Cynder+A lackning personality purple dragon=EPiCnESS that is too hard to describe in mortal tongue
---
Hey kids, I have this new hard to find hack that I would like to show you. It's called skill
Energy dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 821
#198 Posted: 04:48:22 28/06/2009
chand ta az shoma allafa farsi baladin?

[User Posted Image]
JAK Emerald Sparx Gems: 3034
#199 Posted: 04:50:22 28/06/2009
I think they should just stay as buds. (No romance please)
---
Don't mess with JAK
#200 Posted: 04:55:03 28/06/2009
Quote: Leetdero
I think that Cynder should be a cyborg. And end up killing spyro.
Cyborg Cynder+A lackning personality purple dragon=EPiCnESS that is too hard to describe in mortal tongue

Um...O.o no.

And pleeeeeeeeeeease no romance. Spyro isn't meant to be a romantic game.
---
First | Previous | Page 4 of 6 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me