darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 613 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 611 612 613 614 615 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#30601 Posted: 23:54:28 06/11/2017
Quote: Halvmorke
Source? Because here we only see SkyFan91's testimony...

Anyway, VV openly saying they hate "the competition" (Traveller's Tale at the time)... sounds absurdly uprofessional and thus hard to believe to me, to be honest.

Anyway, as far as we know, some staff from TfB are the ones that might be behind the Spyro remake right now, not VV (do you remember that "super secret" project on Unreal 4?).

I do remember it.
Though, Unreal Engine 4 for Spyro's remakes...?

I don't know, wouldn't want them to end up looking like some fans' projects on YouTube, and loosing the cartoony style.
Crash's engine would be perfect for them (Alchemy, right?).

Did they openly say that...?
One thing is disliking the games, but hating other developers who worked on the same series...?
Nah, I highly doubt it.

Anyway, here is the link to the source:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net/?t=60353396
Haven't seen the stream myself (Odyssey is holding me hostage, lately) but I'm confident this forum is a pretty reliable place.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#30602 Posted: 00:02:44 07/11/2017
Didn't they said some other time VV and TfB had a friendly rivalry?
---
Bruh
#30603 Posted: 00:16:57 07/11/2017
Well, yes, and I'm still unsure if both teams consider that rivalry to be "friendly".
But this would be a quite different think, with them actively disliking the work of other developers just because their view on the same series is not the same.

I can understand if they aren't fans of Twinsanity, but they shouldn't take it too personal (if true, of course).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2860
#30604 Posted: 00:50:23 07/11/2017

Anyway, VV openly saying they hate "the competition" (Traveller's Tale at the time)... sounds absurdly uprofessional and thus hard to believe to me, to be honest.

Anyway, as far as we know, some staff from TfB are the ones that might be behind the Spyro remake right now, not VV (do you remember that "super secret" project on Unreal 4?).

It really is so.
At the time, VV also added the Nina's character in Crash/Spyro Fusion when her first official appearance had to take place in Twinsanity, which would come out months later.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
#30605 Posted: 00:59:00 07/11/2017
Quote: danyq94

It really is so.
At the time, VV also added the Nina's character in Crash/Spyro Fusion when her first official appearance had to take place in Twinsanity, which would come out months later.

Ooooh!
I've always thought Fusion came out after Twinsanity exactly because of the way she's introduced in the latter.

Only a matter of months, but it's still confusing.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#30606 Posted: 01:28:38 07/11/2017
So instagramer Uskylandersa made a post about Skylanders getting sued. It was a trap to scare people as I was one of them. I immediately skyped him and his friends and it was all a prank. So if you see this floating around pay no attention to it. https://instagram.com/p/BbLM0xVFXqc/
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8457
#30607 Posted: 02:30:37 07/11/2017
Skylanders got a whole two pages dedicated to it in the new Guinness Video Game Book. Took this pic while at the mall.

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1287
#30608 Posted: 07:37:28 07/11/2017
Cheers for the heads up, SkyFan! I don't use Instagram so it would've been a while before I noticed. Even then, I'm pretty sure Activision would find a loophole to keep the rights and dough they've made off Skylanders!

That's an interesting read, thanks for sharing HIHD! Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but for the part with the oldest game character wouldn't Donkey Kong or Bowser be there as they're significantly (in video game terms anyway) older than Crash & Cortex? Or does that not count for some reason because it's exclusive to the Wii (U) versions of the game? smilie
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4577
#30609 Posted: 11:50:25 07/11/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Source on the development of Skylanders: There's a really old GDC talk for the game, don't think I have the link for it atm though, but it must be easy to find.

Source on Skylanders team not being there: Several devs of TFB left/were laid off after August or even earlier, including character designer Jeff Murchie. This can be found in the portfolios or Artstation pages of the ones that posted their work on the series, though a few seem to be still working there.

No, no, no. Source on VV's statements about hating WoC, Twinsanity and disliking "old" Spyro games. The other stuff is well known at this point.

Quote: Drek95
Quote: danyq94

It really is so.

Ooooh!
I've always thought Fusion came out after Twinsanity exactly because of the way she's introduced in the latter.

Only a matter of months, but it's still confusing.

Indeed, she was going to be a playable character in Crash Nitro Kart.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:52:49 07/11/2017 by Halvmorke
#30610 Posted: 14:57:34 07/11/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Skylanders got a whole two pages dedicated to it in the new Guinness Video Game Book. Took this pic while at the mall.

[User Posted Image]

What's up with this "Oldest character in a Skylanders game"? Did they forget a monkey from 1981 who got into the franchise?
---
Bruh
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#30611 Posted: 16:25:02 07/11/2017

I don't know, wouldn't want them to end up looking like some fans' projects on YouTube, and loosing the cartoony style.

The "engine" has nothing to do with the visuals themselves; you could make a cartoony game like Cuphead in UE4 if you really wanted to.

An engine is just a preconfigured library of lighting and physics tools that you can use as a base for a new game. You can even change things to make the lighting less realistic if the game calls for it.

So no, making a Spyro or Skylanders game in UE4 does NOT mean it will lose the cartoony style.
#30612 Posted: 16:28:34 07/11/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws

The "engine" has nothing to do with the visuals themselves; you could make a cartoony game like Cuphead in UE4 if you really wanted to.

An engine is just a preconfigured library of lighting and physics tools that you can use as a base for a new game. You can even change things to make the lighting less realistic if the game calls for it.

So no, making a Spyro or Skylanders game in UE4 does NOT mean it will lose the cartoony style.

Yeah, art style and graphics engine are two fully different things. Yooka Laylee were on Unreal engine and that art style is very cartoony like the current Skylanders art style.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#30613 Posted: 16:48:28 07/11/2017
Speedruns of the series are a Guiness award? Someone tell Legends of Skylands before he loses his interest in the franchise.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#30614 Posted: 18:53:24 07/11/2017
Quote: Crash10
What's up with this "Oldest character in a Skylanders game"? Did they forget a monkey from 1981 who got into the franchise?

The entire page looks like some type of advert for how wonderful Skylanders is. I wouldn't hold much faith in it being 100% factual.

Anyway, wasn't that collector someone on the forums here? It's been ages but I seem to remember a few people here trying to get into this thing for the largest collection. Congrats to him!
---
Stay Cool!
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5398
#30615 Posted: 18:54:39 07/11/2017
Donkey Kong isn’t a monkey.
---
Soon.
#30616 Posted: 19:00:15 07/11/2017
The collector is Portal__Master I believe? He still shows up in Toys and Merch every other week I think.
---
#30617 Posted: 20:19:29 07/11/2017
Oh, yeah, I didn't want to sound as if I didn't knew the difference between graphic engine and aesthetics.

I do understand it's fully possible to create a cartoony game with such a realistic engine, it's just a magter of how you use it; what I meant is that I'd still prefer the one used for N.Sane Trilogy, which could deliver an even better result in terms of shaders, lightning and other effects.
Probably could have worded myself better.

I still find Yooka-Laylee (and Odyssey as well, under certain points of view) to be a bit too realistic even when they go full cartoony, which is why I would want them to focus as much on preserving that look just like V.V. did with Crash.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#30618 Posted: 21:29:27 07/11/2017
[User Posted Image]

*calls 911*
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#30619 Posted: 22:10:58 07/11/2017
Quote: Luminous35
[User Posted Image]

*calls 911*

Get on dat phone pronto.
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#30620 Posted: 07:16:59 08/11/2017
[User Posted Image]

*calls 911*

this is unholy
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#30621 Posted: 22:19:43 08/11/2017
''Oldest Skylander in the game''

*COUGH COUGH* dk *COUGH*
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#30622 Posted: 23:05:23 08/11/2017
Not sure if they are counting DK as he isn’t an “absolute” character. If One is playing on PlayStation, he’s not a skylander to them.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#30623 Posted: 00:05:25 09/11/2017
Yeah, I think that's the reason why they aren't considering Bowser and Donkey Kong.

Even without considering the compatibility, they are still half Skylanders and half Amiibos.
Crash and Cortex, while still being treated as guest-stars (shown by them not wearing Sensei's belts or armor and lacking a proper catchphrase), are "pure" Skylanders.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#30624 Posted: 02:59:27 09/11/2017
Are we getting a 7th game, or what?
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
#30625 Posted: 03:05:24 09/11/2017
Quote: Dark35
Are we getting a 7th game, or what?

Maybe.
---
#30626 Posted: 03:07:01 09/11/2017
All we know right now is that we are getting a mobile RPG title next year.

No words on a future console game, nor on the end of the series.
Which itself can kinda be considered bad news.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:07:32 09/11/2017 by Drek95
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#30627 Posted: 11:11:40 09/11/2017
Say, I have a quick question? How do I get the diver set for imaginaters? I think I heard its found in The Lost Mines level?
---
This is survival of the fittest~
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1287
#30628 Posted: 16:19:25 09/11/2017
Quote: Riser
Say, I have a quick question? How do I get the diver set for imaginaters? I think I heard its found in The Lost Mines level?

All I can find on that without checking videos is a link to the parts. Ctrl+F on this page reveals "Level Pack", but which one it doesn't say. You could be right in saying Lost Imaginite Mines, but don't take my word for it because I haven't got that one yet. I haven't encountered it in the pack I own though, that being Thumpin' Wumpa Islands.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 14117
#30629 Posted: 16:53:36 09/11/2017
If you mean the Scuba Set (Diver Torso etc) then yeah that's in a specific chest hidden in Lost Imaginite Mines. The Diver Set (Deep Sea Chest etc) is just randomly found parts.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30630 Posted: 17:26:46 09/11/2017
[User Posted Image]

*calls 911*

CALL THE POLICE
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#30631 Posted: 18:34:32 09/11/2017
This sadly reminded me that they have their own "rap" hidden in Imaginators... I wanted to forget about that. Speaking of SkylanderBoyandGirl, are they actually still alive?
#30632 Posted: 18:44:54 09/11/2017
Quote: TrapShadowFan
This sadly reminded me that they have their own "rap" hidden in Imaginators... I wanted to forget about that. Speaking of SkylanderBoyandGirl, are they actually still alive?

After their hiatus and skits, they're back with normal videos. They've recently gotten LIM, did a lets play of CTT, and did a fun guessing game
#30633 Posted: 18:48:51 09/11/2017
Took them long enough. I have a mini theory about them, but I have like no evidence.
---
Soon.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#30634 Posted: 21:41:17 09/11/2017
the root of that channel's problems lie within the dad. he's a narcissistic asshole who manipulates and bullies other youtubers so he can rake in the revenue. and he's also resorted to clickbait.

tl;dr nuke 'em
#30635 Posted: 21:58:28 09/11/2017
I knew he was an asshole but I didn't know he was THAT bad until Wdrumz exposed him.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:06 09/11/2017 by SkyFan91
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#30636 Posted: 22:00:42 09/11/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
the root of that channel's problems lie within the dad. he's a narcissistic asshole who manipulates and bullies other youtubers so he can rake in the revenue. and he's also resorted to clickbait.

tl;dr nuke 'em

In his recent videos he keeps saying that TTL is dead like literally whenever he gets a chance and he also mentioned that he may change his Skylanders YouTube Chanel’s content to something else.

It’s kind of sad to se the ultimate Skylanders Youtuber give up on this series so easily...it’s been an year without a new game and people are acting like it’s been 20 years and that the series is dead.

I don’t know about you guys , but I still see new skylanders merch every once in a while
not toys but still T-Shirts , Kids meals , We got the second season this year and we’re getting new books , Comics and a new RPG game along with the third season of the show...The franchise is still alive somehow don’t give up on this series so easily it’s kind of sad TBH
#30637 Posted: 22:08:34 09/11/2017
Quote: KingMed

tl;dr nuke 'em

In his recent videos he keeps saying that TTL is dead like literally whenever he gets a chance and he also mentioned that he may change his Skylanders YouTube Chanel’s content to something else.

It’s kind of sad to se the ultimate Skylanders Youtuber give up on this series so easily...it’s been an year without a new game and people are acting like it’s been 20 years and that the series is dead.

I don’t know about you guys , but I still see new skylanders merch every once in a while
not toys but still T-Shirts , Kids meals , We got the second season this year and we’re getting new books , Comics and a new RPG game along with the third season of the show...The franchise is still alive somehow don’t give up on this series so easily it’s kind of sad TBH

Couldn't agree more. People act like a year off is like dealing with Crash's hiatus. My goodness people 12 months we have to go through and that's almost done. We need to count our blessings
#30638 Posted: 22:20:18 09/11/2017
I’m kind of happy that we got a break this year not only will this give the developers more time to perfect the game , but I got the chance to buy old skylanders that I wanted for a long time but I never got because I kept focusing on getting the new guys.
#30639 Posted: 22:37:10 09/11/2017

tl;dr nuke 'em

Also the fact that it's a YouTube channel about two ****ing moronic kids doing stupid **** while playing a goddamn toy game
---
Bruh
#30640 Posted: 22:39:38 09/11/2017
Quote: Crash10

tl;dr nuke 'em

Also the fact that it's a YouTube channel about two ****ing moronic kids doing stupid **** while playing a goddamn toy game

Well... it’s mostly the dad and I think the three sons. The daughter gave up and the mom is kind of there.
---
Soon.
#30641 Posted: 10:25:35 10/11/2017
For those who are saying that NPC skylanders don’t make any sense well lots of things don’t
For example Series 2 , Lightcores , Variants and Especially The Super Chargers don’t make sense at all...The Super Chargers were never banished to earth so home come they have figures ? Plus in Every trailer we get to see the skylanders just hanging out without the help of portal masters, so I don’t really see why some people are complaining about NPC skylanders when the lore has been broken since giants.

Edit : The former villains and Crash were never banished either so how come they all have figures.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:33:36 10/11/2017 by KingMed
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5511
#30642 Posted: 13:08:32 10/11/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Quote: TrapShadowFan

After their hiatus and skits, they're back with normal videos. They've recently gotten LIM, did a lets play of CTT, and did a fun guessing game

Ugh, I was hoping they wouldn't bother getting those adventure packs. I really hope they don't just end up destroying the figures like they've been doing with other figures. They should be given to a fan who hasn't actually had a chance to play the new levels
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:09:58 10/11/2017 by Muffin Man
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#30643 Posted: 14:59:47 10/11/2017

tl;dr nuke 'em

Couldn't agree more. People act like a year off is like dealing with Crash's hiatus. My goodness people 12 months we have to go through and that's almost done. We need to count our blessings

Stop. you are thinking about it from your angle. Look at his clicks and subscribers. He's a full blown successful youtuber - like him or not. Between Adpocolypse and the general deterioration of interest in TTL, he HAS to adapt or he will fail, and ask any youtuber who has lost a large number of subscribers, getting them back is almost impossible. Assuming he makes his living off YT, then I would be sour if I was in his shoes, with what has happened, and thus would mention it a lot as it directly affects my income. I do music...if music ever started to 'die' (I know its debatable from a quality stand point and a financial stand point), please believe that every video I did would mention it in some capacity because it was such a large and important part of my life.

He's banned in my house, simply because his antics get my son too "excited" and he becomes a behavioral issue, so I don't know the state of the channel, but I would have abandoned the skylander monkers as soon as it looked like Activision was doing so, the culture was already circling the drain, the numbers were floating at the top of the fish bowl, 12 months may not seem like a long time, but imagine getting paid half your current salary or income for year and what it would do to you.
- Unreall
#30644 Posted: 15:43:02 10/11/2017
Quote: Unreallystic

Stop. you are thinking about it from your angle. Look at his clicks and subscribers. He's a full blown successful youtuber - like him or not. Between Adpocolypse and the general deterioration of interest in TTL, he HAS to adapt or he will fail, and ask any youtuber who has lost a large number of subscribers, getting them back is almost impossible. Assuming he makes his living off YT, then I would be sour if I was in his shoes, with what has happened, and thus would mention it a lot as it directly affects my income. I do music...if music ever started to 'die' (I know its debatable from a quality stand point and a financial stand point), please believe that every video I did would mention it in some capacity because it was such a large and important part of my life.

He's banned in my house, simply because his antics get my son too "excited" and he becomes a behavioral issue, so I don't know the state of the channel, but I would have abandoned the skylander monkers as soon as it looked like Activision was doing so, the culture was already circling the drain, the numbers were floating at the top of the fish bowl, 12 months may not seem like a long time, but imagine getting paid half your current salary or income for year and what it would do to you.
- Unreall

The problem is that he ACTS like he gets zero revenue. And is basically trying to get others to feel sympathy for him. He's got what? Five channels? I don't know nor do I care the fact of the matter is that he's money hungry, narcissist, and thinks that he's on top of the world and is careless. He thinks that if you step on people you step up. Well sucks for him because he's gonna meet those same people when he's going down.
#30645 Posted: 16:20:10 10/11/2017
Quote: Unreallystic

- Unreall

The problem is that he ACTS like he gets zero revenue. And is basically trying to get others to feel sympathy for him. He's got what? Five channels? I don't know nor do I care the fact of the matter is that he's money hungry, narcissist, and thinks that he's on top of the world and is careless. He thinks that if you step on people you step up. Well sucks for him because he's gonna meet those same people when he's going down.

Couldn’t have said it better
#30646 Posted: 16:24:04 10/11/2017
I worry a lot more about the adpocalypse affecting child-unfriendly channels, he probably gets nowhere as many videos delisted as history channels or just plain Let's Players who say a bad word or fifty since they're not really for kids or play a game that's not for kids.
---
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#30647 Posted: 00:28:51 11/11/2017
Wait since when is sky dad a careless narcissist
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#30648 Posted: 00:30:43 11/11/2017
Quote: JohnnySmasher42
Wait since when is sky dad a careless narcissist

Since Wdrumz exposed him

EDIT: mobile game is still coming in Q1 2018 http://www.develop-online.net/...-growth/0237274
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:47:31 11/11/2017 by SkyFan91
First | Previous | Page 613 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 611 612 613 614 615 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me