darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 476 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 474 475 476 477 478 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#23751 Posted: 18:45:05 02/11/2016
Quote: McMurderpaws
So I watched the first 9 episodes of Skylanders Academy last night.

It's not TERRIBLE, but I don't have a very high opinion, especially compared to other cartoons on Netflix. I've watched the Netflix How to Train Your Dragon cartoon, and it was way better. And the Netflix Voltron cartoon was friggin' AMAZING. So, Skylanders Academy: I am disappoint. smilie

Also: they screwed Hex up, big time. She was supposed to be one of the most powerful sorcerers in all Skylands before she was tricked into being turned Undead, but she can't do anything herself except argue with her Skull ball in the cartoon. smilie

Sorry you feel this way, but watch the rest of the season before coming to your conclusion honestly. The last 3-4 episode MORE than make up for the slightly mediocre middle. The plot will kick in.

Also, show... NOT CANON! We don't know Hex's deal in the show yet. She's still training and hasn't really fought yet. We don't know how powerful she'll be till later.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#23752 Posted: 18:50:10 02/11/2016

"Not canon" isn't an excuse for stupid decisions. smilie

It's not a stupid decision if they're not following the decisions in the game anyway. I think she's hilarious as is, and there's just no space in the plot to make her moody and OP as of now.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#23753 Posted: 19:09:38 02/11/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Noooot canon.

Also this seems to be working off the idea that everyone was really young and far from full power,the other Skylanders are harder to notice but everyone's pretty incompetent at this point.

"Not canon" isn't an excuse for stupid decisions. smilie

Again: NOT CANON. Don't be upset over things that are a spinoff to the main game storyline.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#23754 Posted: 19:34:52 02/11/2016
Quote: Aura24
Again: NOT CANON. Don't be upset over things that are a spinoff to the main game storyline.

The two are in no way exclusive. I can be annoyed at a decision and call it poor and still understand that it's not canon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:16 02/11/2016 by McMurderpaws
#23755 Posted: 19:39:18 02/11/2016

The two are in no way exclusive. I can be annoyed at a decision and call it poor and still understand that it's not canon.

But the only reason you think it's a poor decision is BECAUSE it's not canon. We're trying to say that it's stupid to complain about something that has no real impact on the show in the slightest. Hex is a supporting character whether you like it or not. She can't have all the fun while Eruptor, Spyro, SE etc are still the main characters. That's not how shows work.
#23756 Posted: 19:48:32 02/11/2016
Lemme reword it.

Main canon says Hex is an overly powerful sorceress but extremely no-nonsense and a bummer cloud, who was recruited by Eon one day, but was always shunned for her appearance by other Skylanders so she never smiles. That's what the story works with.

Skylanders Academy, however, does not use that, because it doesn't use Portal Masters, or most of the series backstory for that matter.
So, they CAN have Hex as an impressionable teenager with zero experience with her powers, because that's what the story is working with; the cadets and the main three are teenagers. Nobody even bats an eye when she more or less says she could kill them all, so there's clearly no emotional damage from hanging out with Wind-Up and RB.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:51:20 02/11/2016 by Bifrost
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#23757 Posted: 20:13:41 02/11/2016
Quote: marvel2136
wew I finally got the game
After I bought it from GAME because of the Kaos bonus they sent me an email that they won't send him because I'm not in the UK but..
I got the game Imaginators today with kaos (somehow) and I this game is the greatest one in the series!!
So far I got to chapter 5 and I love it!!!
The only cons in the game are the grind challenges and that we don't have the ability to reset creation crystals..
A MASTERPIECE

um a while back we figured the reset out

put it on a wii or 3ds version of a skylanders game

you can reset it
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#23758 Posted: 20:38:36 02/11/2016
Quote: GaiaMemories
Quote: Drek95
A quick question to all the Traptanium Portal users: is it me or did they removed the Light and Dark colors in Imaginators?

Pretty sure it used to light up yellow and dark purple respecively up to SuperChargers, while now it uses white (Air) for Light and blue (Water) for Dark.

Oh they did. Light was yellow and Dark was a really dark blue. Now Dark is the same as Water and Light is.....a slightly different white than Air. Kaos also activates the Water blue.

I like it better than what SC did: they didn't even get a color, the portal acted like nothing was there.

Really?
Wow, didn't remember it was the same with SuperChargers as well.

I'll try the SWAP Force Portal which came with the Starter Pack later, hopefully it'll work properly.
These are the touches which make Skylanders so magical, Imaginators has a lot but this would be a shame.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#23759 Posted: 21:12:53 02/11/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

But the only reason you think it's a poor decision is BECAUSE it's not canon. We're trying to say that it's stupid to complain about something that has no real impact on the show in the slightest. Hex is a supporting character whether you like it or not. She can't have all the fun while Eruptor, Spyro, SE etc are still the main characters. That's not how shows work.

If you made a Dark Element Bowslinger and patterned it after a chubby happy baby Cupid covered in pink, I would say that's a poor decision too. And for similar reasons; it doesn't meet the preconceived notions of what you expect vs what you see.

If Hex were a wholly original character to the animated series, I'd still think she was poorly handled because she doesn't act like the necromancer trope she's patterned after.

I didn't know anything about Hex's backstory until it was posted on her collection screen profile in Swap Force. All I knew was: she looked badass at the store, so I bought her and put her on the portal and she straight-up murdered things with dark energy blasts and raining skulls. I thought she looked badass, she was, and I was internally rewarded for it.

Hex doesn't need to be a main character on the show. I'd further argue that she shouldn't be, because the show is "fun" and you would expect Hex to be serious and silent and brooding. It'd be like having Batman be a main character on My Little Pony. But at the same time, you don't make Batman a regular side-character on MLP and have him frolicking through the meadow picking flowers, either. Saying, "Well that Batman's not canon" doesn't excuse the fact that he looks one way and behaves another.

But for the sake of argument, let's look at the other characters:

SPYRO -- Looks like a snarky dragon -- Is a snarky, smug dragon
STEALTH ELF -- Looks like a sneaky (but strangely green) assassin -- Is a way-too-talkative-and-cheery-outside-of-battle-but-still sneaky assassin-type
ERUPTOR -- Looks like a big dumb lava man -- Is a big dumb lava man (side note: I feel like the show handles him BETTER than the games do.)
JET VAC -- Looks like a pompous wind-bag who takes everything too seriously -- Is a pompous wind-bag who takes everything way too seriously
POP FIZZ -- Looks like a psycho fuzzball who hides under your bed to chew on your feet while you're sleeping -- Is a mad scientist and would probably do that
EON -- Looks like a wisened-leader type -- Is treated as such, but isn't very good at it... and looks freaky without a beard
HUGO -- Looks like a nerd -- Is a nerd
KAOS -- Looks like he dressed as a villain for Halloween when he was little and never wanted to take off the costume -- Pretty much that, plus ineptitude, which still fits
GLUMSHANKS -- Looks like a groveling minion -- Is a snarky backhanded-compliment-dishing minion
FOOD FIGHT -- Looks like an artichoke who shoots food at things -- Is apparently a hipster that shoots food at things
WIND-UP -- Looks like a malfunctioning robot who would be a plucky sidekick if he were a main character -- Is... basically devoid of personality, and occasionally mentions the need to be wound up to function
ROLLER BRAWL -- Looks like a spiky roller derby enthusiast -- Is always doing something athletic, such as gymnastics or hackysack... fitting the expectation but otherwise leaving you to wonder, why the spikes?
KA-BOOM -- Looks like a big red barbarian -- Is a big red barbarian complete with "Ah-nold!" impression
SNAP SHOT -- Looks like an intimidating crocodile man -- Is an intimidating Australian
TRIGGER HAPPY -- Looks like spazzy offspring of Taz the Tasmanian Devil and Bugs Bunny -- ... is confusingly a level-headed hipster, based on his single line of dialog in episode 8
DREAMCATCHER -- Looks like a floating teenage girl head -- Is a floating teenage girl head that is way disinterested in the mainstream
GOLDEN QUEEN -- Looks like a b-word -- Is a manipulative b-word made of gold who wants to turn other things into gold and then own them
WOLFGANG -- Looks like a heavy metal wolfman -- Is a rock-n-roll wolfman
CHOMPY MAGE -- Looks like a hobo that talks to himself and would stab you with a fork so he could eat your shoes -- Way too sane to dress like that, and for some reason Australian...?
PEPPERJACK -- An evil pepper man -- An evil pepper man who wants to maim people with spicy food
BROCCOLI GUY -- Looks like a doofus -- Is a doofus who sounds like Droopy Dog
KAOSSANDRA -- Looks like an evil queen -- Is an overbearing mother who takes pleasure in her evil son's failures

For the most part, characters either a) are what they look like or b) simply don't matter (or both). Though there are a few exceptions. Eon and Glumshanks' unexpected behavior is played well for comedy, but Hex and Chompy Mage especially just leave me scratching my head and wondering how someone could screw up so bad in the first place and who in their right mind signed off on those decisions.
#23760 Posted: 21:19:43 02/11/2016
Hey hey, let's make a distinction here. What you want her to be =/= what she's actually going to be. You're bringing this to the biggest Hex trash after Deja Vu(no offense) who was about to commit sudoku in EP01 but learned to love the new dynamic, and AGAIN, the circumstances made Hex what she is in the main canon, not the design. You CAN and SHOULD subvert designs if you don't want to follow the samey samey cliches out there, or every dark sorcerer's gonna be emo, every little girl's gonna be innocent, etc etc.

There's as little lore for her as is, ignoring Cynder Confronts the Weather Wizard spelling out that rejection made her brooding is a bit much.
I know she uses that as a bluff, I mean the scene at the beach at the start where she's ok with acting until the Mabu say they prefer to get killed than be helped by her
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:25:10 02/11/2016 by Bifrost
#23761 Posted: 21:31:34 02/11/2016
Okay, while we're making distinctions here... The #1 reason I don't like how the animated series handled Hex:
She got all the way through the Academy, presumably taking the same classes as Spyro, Stealth Elf, Eruptor and Bad Breath(WTF!?!)... but didn't just fail, but MISERABLY failed the graduation test? If she did that poorly in the final, then how did she pass the rest of her classes well enough to warrant her taking the test to begin with?

And then BAD FRIGGIN' BREATH passed with flying colors!?!?! (Even though his status as a Skylander was almost immediately revoked due to cowardice.)

Quote:
You CAN and SHOULD subvert designs if you don't want to follow the samey samey cliches out there, or every dark sorcerer's gonna be emo, every little girl's gonna be innocent, etc etc.

Except that cliches exist for a reason. If they wanted to change her personality, they should also have changed her outfit, at the very least. Her looks don't match her personality, and it should reflect in her clothes -- one generally doesn't dress all dark and mysterious and then act carefree.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:29 02/11/2016 by McMurderpaws
#23762 Posted: 21:35:06 02/11/2016
That's not how it went:

Other episodes imply you don't use the holograms until you graduate, so Hex didn't actually fight anything big until then just like the power trio, which is probably why she's just watching in Dream Girls. They also probably compensated for her lack of mobility with expected results, just look at how slow she is compared to everyone else in run sequences. Bad Breath knocks out anyone with his power, controlling it or not, and he was just on an extended leave until Beard Science, he's still a Skylander.

Reminder we do have an Academy discussion section tho, don't want to derail for too long here.

Except that cliches exist for a reason. If they wanted to change her personality, they should also have changed her outfit, at the very least. Her looks don't match her personality, and it should reflect in her clothes -- one generally doesn't dress all dark and mysterious and then act carefree.

That's not what I said. You don't have to change the character just because you changed the personality, OR you'll just end up with the samey samey archetypes. Cliches exist because they work and they're easy to use, not because they're the "right" way to do things. Just look at how "emo kid with dark past and powers" was driven to the ground in the last decade, no one wants to see that anymore even if it's the easiest character for a teenager.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 21:42:38 02/11/2016 by Bifrost
#23763 Posted: 21:37:41 02/11/2016
Reminder we do have an Academy discussion section tho, don't want to derail for too long here.

Fair enough, my bad. :/
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#23764 Posted: 00:18:03 03/11/2016
>be me, at school
>in third period, teacher puts a youtube video on the board
>unskippable skylanders ad is on before it
>it's the one with steak head
>kids just sit in silence for a few seconds
>the announcer guy says "STEAKHEAD" in his dramatic voice
>some other kids start yelling out "STEAKHEAD"
>tfw steakhead was worshipped for a solid 5 seconds at a high school
#23765 Posted: 00:19:31 03/11/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
>be me, at school
>in third period, teacher puts a youtube video on the board
>unskippable skylanders ad is on before it
>it's the one with steak head
>kids just sit in silence for a few seconds
>the announcer guy says "STEAKHEAD" in his dramatic voice
>some other kids start yelling out "STEAKHEAD"
>tfw steakhead was worshipped for a solid 5 seconds at a high school

Keep fighting the good fight, brother!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#23766 Posted: 00:56:11 03/11/2016
Praise Steakhead. He can do what we cannot in the game: Grill a steak on his own head.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#23767 Posted: 08:12:51 03/11/2016
[User Posted Image]

angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#23768 Posted: 08:32:12 03/11/2016
^May I ask from which country you were trying to order?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#23769 Posted: 08:34:37 03/11/2016
Spain
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#23770 Posted: 08:45:33 03/11/2016
^So this pretty much confirms no shipping for 3D printed skylanders outisde US.

For anybody wondering what this is all about:: The app at Europe has finally changed from "coming soon" to actually let you place the order for the 3D printed skylander. However when you get to the final step of the shopping process (after filling your address) you get that screencap that Akseyomiht posted.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#23771 Posted: 09:47:55 03/11/2016
The Australia site literally got rid of the 3D figure option link now lol. Just cards and shirts left.

It's pretty lame, they should've just let non US buyers pay the extra shipping.

[User Posted Image]
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:50:57 03/11/2016 by B-BOB358
#23772 Posted: 11:12:40 03/11/2016
"Buy it globally" except not :I just like the contest, which is so few countries it's only valuable to Europe getting a shot at the figures for free.
---
#23773 Posted: 11:43:22 03/11/2016
Excuse me if I change subject for a second, just wanted to give a small update about the Traptanium Portal thing: just tried the SWAP Force portal which came with Imaginators, and not only does it light up correctly for Light and Dark (though with paler colors compared to Trap Team) but it's also incredibly faster in recognizing and loading characters and Crystals.

Seriously, it's crazy fast with the latter compared to the Traptanium Portal!

I'll test the regular SWAP Force Portal as well, later, but for now it looks like I've found a new favorite Portal, at least in terms of efficiency.
Definitely recommend it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#23774 Posted: 11:50:07 03/11/2016
Huh, then the issue with the Traptanium Portal's lights might be something to do with the game rather than the portal itself.
---
#23775 Posted: 16:16:42 03/11/2016
Huh, then the issue with the Traptanium Portal's lights might be something to do with the game rather than the portal itself.

Yes, apparently.

I've never tried the SWAP Force Portal with neither Trap Team nor SuperChargers, so I don't know how it reacted to Light and Dark characters but I'm pretty sure the Traptanium one worked fine up to Imaginators (with the correct yellow and indigo lights).

Some users mentioned it working correctly only with Trap Team, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Darken Red Sparx Gems: 22
#23776 Posted: 19:23:02 03/11/2016
B-BOB358, same thing for me (I live in France) but if I add something in basket and after I logged I can access to the 3D printed figure. But when I tried to complete my order:

[User Posted Image]

Someone in Germany has ordered one without any trouble with free shipping cost. That's really strange.
#23777 Posted: 23:34:53 03/11/2016
[User Posted Image]

i hope this is good
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#23778 Posted: 00:11:12 04/11/2016
[User Posted Image]

i hope this is good

It's not good.
It's PERFECTION.
#23779 Posted: 00:12:55 04/11/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
[User Posted Image]

i hope this is good

It's not good.
It's PERFECTION.

i'd make it my avatar but spoilers
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#23780 Posted: 00:37:39 04/11/2016

Yes, apparently.

I've never tried the SWAP Force Portal with neither Trap Team nor SuperChargers, so I don't know how it reacted to Light and Dark characters but I'm pretty sure the Traptanium one worked fine up to Imaginators (with the correct yellow and indigo lights).

SF portal doesn't even work with Trap Team...
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#23781 Posted: 00:58:03 04/11/2016
Quote: JohnnySmasher42

Yes, apparently.

SF portal doesn't even work with Trap Team...

Whoops, you are right.
Sorry, got a bit confused with compatibility.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#23782 Posted: 07:47:46 04/11/2016
Sharp fin just broke the fourth wall by saying you may rember me as the guy that helped you in earlier games lol
I really want to add that to his trivia on the skylanders wikia...but I'm not able to do that for some reason.Could someone add that because it would be cool : )
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:56:34 04/11/2016 by KingMed
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#23783 Posted: 07:57:23 04/11/2016
In what game he did it?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#23784 Posted: 08:54:41 04/11/2016
Imaginators...he's in the locked place near the undead realm he will appear randomly so you won't always see him.
#23785 Posted: 09:06:14 04/11/2016
he is in imagnitors? i thogut that was wierd when we used his ship without him, but now that i know he is there then it make sanse just a little bit more.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#23786 Posted: 12:08:55 04/11/2016
[User Posted Image]

i hope this is good

Looks like JV is holding that weird robot thing
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#23787 Posted: 12:16:32 04/11/2016
Jet vac quest to find his lunch thife was probobly the best part in the game plot.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#23788 Posted: 15:42:31 04/11/2016
It's been a while since i've been here, anything new?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
flarewolf 34 Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#23789 Posted: 20:08:23 04/11/2016
[User Posted Image]

i hope this is good

wait where is he in the list?
---
my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ1A12cTLUPE1rLewjqX5Bw?view_as=subscriber
marvel2136 Blue Sparx Gems: 782
#23790 Posted: 20:42:01 04/11/2016
Quote: flarewolf 34
[User Posted Image]

i hope this is good

It's not on the list it's just a joke
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#23791 Posted: 02:39:23 05/11/2016
is there an imaginator contest for the dark element yet?
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
#23792 Posted: 02:51:21 05/11/2016
Quote: Pickle
is there an imaginator contest for the dark element yet?

Nope. Only Water and Undead so far. I don't think Dark is even getting a contest if the initial graphic is any indication
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#23793 Posted: 10:01:23 05/11/2016
[User Posted Image]

i hope this is good

Does Zap know there's a list of top 10 Video Game betrayals?
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#23794 Posted: 10:05:51 05/11/2016
Quote: juarmo

Does Zap know there's a list of top 10 Video Game betrayals?

Really? But i dont think this will count, it will count as bytreal if jet vac and kaos were friends, but then kaos returnd to become evil and then stell his lunch. (which will allso solve the huge plot gap in the game storyline).
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:07:53 05/11/2016 by omer1698
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#23795 Posted: 11:42:06 05/11/2016
The part with Jet Vac and his lunch was the only funny part from the game imo. xD
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#23796 Posted: 16:28:35 05/11/2016
I t ' s a m e m e y o u d i p
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#23797 Posted: 20:02:07 05/11/2016
theres another contest? how do i enter?
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#23798 Posted: 20:04:43 05/11/2016
Submit your Undead Imaginator creation via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and submit it through the form in the link below.

http://www.skylanders.com/creatorcontest
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#23799 Posted: 20:26:17 05/11/2016
I'm guessing submitting them from Imgur won't work?
Well, I do have a Twitter, so I guess I can try yet again next week.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#23800 Posted: 20:33:50 05/11/2016
Submit your Undead Imaginator creation via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and submit it through the form in the link below.

http://www.skylanders.com/creatorcontest

im gonna post trick or treat!
---
First | Previous | Page 476 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 474 475 476 477 478 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me