darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 424 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 422 423 424 425 426 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#21151 Posted: 08:17:18 08/10/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

Canadian bestbuy is better then American Bestbuy
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#21152 Posted: 09:27:25 08/10/2016
Quick question but will imaginators be also coming out for 3ds?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#21153 Posted: 09:38:25 08/10/2016
Quote: Takadox360
Quote: isaac343018s
Well Sir Hoodington is the only official Imaginator. Besides maybe Dinobird, Steak Head and Felicia. I kinda doubt it but hey you never know what VV will do.

Which brings up a good question to ask in a discussion topic, what would VV do? We've had big figures, combining figures, completely new figures that arent playable exactly, vehicles, and now we straight up made our own Skylanders. Im guessing something that has to do with the Portal Master more specifically. Like Kaos's fight in Trap Team ya know, more direct reference to the player

Maybe something with exchangeable weapons like Lightseekers idk..

I just hope we will get a game without gimmicks that forces us to buy a load of Skylanders and switch out the useless ones every time (I thought these Giant, Swap Force, Trap Master and SuperCharger zones where a bit interupting sometimes.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#21154 Posted: 09:42:36 08/10/2016
Imagine a skylanders game where they have...

4 cores for each element

2 new giants for each element

2 new swap force for each element

2 new trap masters for each element

2 superchargers for each element

3 new senseis for each element

2 minis per element

and then 2 new gimmick landers per element

that would be awesome and insane
---
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#21155 Posted: 10:08:51 08/10/2016
Quote: BatWolf
Quick question but will imaginators be also coming out for 3ds?

No, there is not a 3DS, Wii or tablet version this year.

Imaginators will only be on Wii U, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

4 cores for each element
2 minis per element

... That adds up to 210 new figures. Ignoring variants and reposes, that's more than exist counting all the figures coming out for Imaginators. They would lose so much money making this game you propose, and it would take 3-4 years to get all the figures made. Even the dude boasting the world's largest Skylanders collection would give up on this one.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:24:55 08/10/2016 by McMurderpaws
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#21156 Posted: 11:02:32 08/10/2016
I am definitely not appreciating the mixed information on creation crystals. I got burned on the trap 8 pack, since there was a trap design and a variant that was included, but all the rest were previously released. To me it is completely bogus for them to make designs exclusive to a triple or 8 pack, unless that pack comes out first. They should reward collectors not punish them. I am not happy about the yawn traps not making it to the states, but I am more mad about this type of blatant disregard for the fan base that supports them because it is obviously done intentionally. The lack of yawn traps was unfortunate, but not intentionally done. Releasing an 8 pack of traps with two exclusive traps after collectors had already purchased the other six traps individually was done intentionally. It was a complete cash grab. "Let's milk an extra $50, where the collector gets little value, from our best fans who have already spent $800." I am just guessing at the final cost there, as I have tried to forget how expensive it was. Lol.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#21157 Posted: 11:32:57 08/10/2016

4 cores for each element

2 minis per element

*wears the Lore Keeper's glasses and opens a big, dusty and ancient book*

While that would be great, it would basically go against the Story of Skylands.

Cores aren't a problem.

Only 8 Giants were around when the Arkeyans still ruled the world.
They were in fact the first official Skylanders, so it makes sense they were only one per Element.

Swappers are out of question as well, unless they were a hundred years older or the next game took place a hundred years in the future, since that's the time it tooks for Mount Cloudbreak to erupt.
Unless they found another way to create them.

They could hire new Trap Masters, but I don't see a true reason since Cloudcracker Prison has been rebuilt and some of the most feared villains are becoming Skylanders.

SuperChargers aren't needed anymore.
Period.
The whole Mad Max fantasy of the fifth game has gone and I doubt we'll see the need of strong and mighty pilots once again.
That would also mean they'd also need a new vehicle per character and possibly more revamps and... GREAT EON NO.

Senseis... I don't see the point either.
I guess only 3 for most Elements really couldn't handle the number of Imaginators we are going to make, but again, whatever their main duty is it will be fullfilled by the end of the sixth game.
Then they'll probably become stable teachers and ocasionally join some missions.

Minis are ok, as they come from another dimension where apparently each regular Skylander has a Mini counterpart.

And all of that is if you want to ignore the fact those would be waaaaaay too many figures to release with a single game.

Light and Dark Giants and Swappers wouldn't make sense either, as those Elements were discovered after Cloudcracker Prison exploded, but I'd sure love if they could find a way to fill those two Elements just like the other 8.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#21158 Posted: 11:49:57 08/10/2016
How I wrote at other place, they had make simple pupil core Skylanders. What would be a sure thing for the next game/s. So it would be some useless plastic more, that we can put to the traps, vehicles, adventure/battle pack items, trophys, etc.

Above that it's a strange distribution in this year. They had make 19 (+ King Pen) normal Senseis and 9 villains (+ Golden Queen) and in this way 3 potential canidates of every class. I tried to make a list like SF, just one new per element (without villains) and simultanious all 9 other classes, but either I must quit some very cool and what I've seen very strong characters or I must buy some characters more. Like the first Adventure Pack, on ony way a win, because we don't have an air Sensei in the first two waves, but on the other site a second brawler. Easy come, easy go.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10104
#21159 Posted: 11:58:10 08/10/2016
Actually, Dark and Light Giants and Swappers are totally in canon. Remember, those elements were only sealed away after the Core blew up - they are out there if the devs want them to.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Punch_Potion_X Blue Sparx Gems: 894
#21160 Posted: 12:03:00 08/10/2016
Should I be worried that not a single store here in Australia has advertised anything for Skylanders Imaginators (Except EB Games) and there are less than 5 days to the release!!!
---
Skylanders Ring of Heroes.
Will (hopefully) only require pockets half as deep
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#21161 Posted: 12:22:32 08/10/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Actually, Dark and Light Giants and Swappers are totally in canon. Remember, those elements were only sealed away after the Core blew up - they are out there if the devs want them to.

Aaaah, that's what was missing!
For some reason I keep forgetting how Light and Dark were sealed away in the first place, I'll have to fix the timeline of the SuperChargers' topic then.

It's still weird the formers were never seen fighting along the other Giants, but I guess it's simply because they probably didn't have them in mind yet.
Light and Dark Swappers could have happened once every hundred years up to Cloudcracker Prison's destruction, I guess, they probably didn't even know a proper team was formed.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#21162 Posted: 12:32:19 08/10/2016
It would. However, people would probably clamor for other elements, and then it can't be canon.

Though even with this loophole on the gimmicklanders, we'd probably not get better female character distribution even if VV wanted to right their unfortunate wording from SF - kids would whine that there aren't any guys this time and girls have cooties or something.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:32:47 08/10/2016 by Bifrost
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#21163 Posted: 12:34:38 08/10/2016
I can't manage to find a ways to link it but if someone else can, I'm posting the pictures of the new stuff on coffeeclan5 on Instagram!!!

Edit: They're all up
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:43:16 08/10/2016 by sprocketrocket
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#21164 Posted: 12:46:33 08/10/2016
Quote: sprocketrocket
I can't manage to find a ways to link it but if someone else can, I'm posting the pictures of the new stuff on coffeeclan5 on Instagram!!!

Edit: They're all up

Just post a link to your account here.
#21165 Posted: 12:46:37 08/10/2016
Darn instagram tagging system and only showing popular accounts in the tag...
It's private here, are you sure you typed it down right?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:47:10 08/10/2016 by Bifrost
#21166 Posted: 12:48:11 08/10/2016
Ugg... its my wife's account, here let me try mine
---
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#21167 Posted: 12:55:18 08/10/2016
Quote: Drek95

Aaaah, that's what was missing!
For some reason I keep forgetting how Light and Dark were sealed away in the first place, I'll have to fix the timeline of the SuperChargers' topic then.

It's still weird the formers were never seen fighting along the other Giants, but I guess it's simply because they probably didn't have them in mind yet.
Light and Dark Swappers could have happened once every hundred years up to Cloudcracker Prison's destruction, I guess, they probably didn't even know a proper team was formed.

Every time I see you forget that, I'm about to remind you of that, but find that Bifrost or TheToyNerd beat me to it before I even saw your post.
I'd still like to point out that:
1. Cores are cores, enough said
2. anything large and strong enough to be a giant can, for all intents and purposes, be a giant. They could be a Giant, even if they couldn't be one of the Giants.
3. The only thing that can really be ruled out is there being more Swappers. Because it seems unlikely that heroes would be there when it erupts on more than one occasion. There couldn't be a whole lot more instances of that.
4. anything that has a traptanium weapon can be a trap master (most of them had their weapons before being recruited as Skylanders [read their backstories])
5. Since Rift engines choose their owner and all that, it would make sense for their chosen owners to stumble upon them every now and then, gain powers from them, and then be recruited into the skylanders, (to be fair, that's a lot of backstories in a nutshell, but substitute "Rift engine" for anything really) so you can't really rule out new superchargers.
Just because they aren't actively [and desperately] looking for engines anymore, doesn't mean someone wont stumble on it "by chance", or destiny, really, and become a new Supercharger
6. Teachers will always be needed, so it wouldn't make sense if Eon's Sensei Program was a short-lived thing (if Spyro gets a revamp, I want it to be as something along the lines of a sensei, I mean it just makes sense).

(I added cores because they were Spyro's Adventure's "gimmick", even if it doesn't really count.)
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:03:05 08/10/2016 by juarmo
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#21168 Posted: 12:55:56 08/10/2016
Quote: Punch_Potion_X
Should I be worried that not a single store here in Australia has advertised anything for Skylanders Imaginators (Except EB Games) and there are less than 5 days to the release!!!

It's really annoying, I've got no idea who'll be sellng what and how much it'll cost. I hope we'll be getting multi-packs of the crystals. This week's catalogues should have Imaginators in them.

Also, hey everyone, I'm Josh from Mon Amiibo! Thanks to everyone who's been sharing my videos and articles around! I figured I'd come join here since I'm hoping to get more into Skylanders smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
#21169 Posted: 12:58:46 08/10/2016
Yoo, Mon Amiibo! I remember you from your awesome articles and the Battlecast coverage. Welcome to the forum!
---
#21170 Posted: 12:59:19 08/10/2016
Ok try crystal_master_barbella on Instagram!
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#21171 Posted: 12:59:45 08/10/2016
I don't get why my glitch topic was closed. I created the glitch topic last year a week early...

Anyway, anything new
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#21172 Posted: 13:01:36 08/10/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW
I don't get why my glitch topic was closed. I created the glitch topic last year a week early...

Anyway, anything new

Read your thread man, Buuzer is just keeping it clean until release. Funposting is clutter in somewhere so important.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:02:06 08/10/2016 by Bifrost
#21173 Posted: 13:02:34 08/10/2016
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Here's that size comparison that Drek wanted. Thanks sprocketrocket!

Also, yo wassup MonAmiibo!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:11:43 08/10/2016 by TheToyNerd
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#21174 Posted: 13:10:18 08/10/2016
and you alll thougt that the senseis will be at the size of the giants, well by the look of it the giants are keeping thier title "the largest skylanders"

still preety large.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:12:28 08/10/2016 by omer1698
#21175 Posted: 13:13:50 08/10/2016
@bifrost, here's to hoping activision keeps their word about bringing skylanders back to the Brazillian market

@Bifrost @Drek95: How much longer before you guys stop giving me the cold shoulder? I'm trying my best to contribute to the conversations, but i cant do that very well if the most active, hospitable, and talkative people here completely ignore what I have to say! smilie
PS: My "f" key is pretty much busted, and I have to hold it down to make it work, so this is my character cache, as I call it (It works by adding a ton of f's to the end of my post as i'm typing, then hitting the right arrow key whenever I need an f)> ffffff
I'm just saying in case I forget to wipe the extra f's in the future

Edit: actually, I just realized that TheToyNerd hasn't really been ignoring me much, so...
removing him from the list
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:16:32 08/10/2016 by juarmo
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#21176 Posted: 13:14:17 08/10/2016
Saw all of them on Insta. I don't know how tall I expected Krankcase to be, but I love it. I actually wanted all of them to be around the Trap Master size, and it looks like that's what we got. Nice.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
#21177 Posted: 13:18:18 08/10/2016
I'm having plenty of good discussion not talking to someone who constantly likes to nitpick and derail just because they can, and is as enjoyable to engage as stubbing your toe on a wall repeatedly, thank you very much.

They're a bit taller than Trap Masters, but waaay wider, wow. I need to finish my display stat to open up space.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:19:02 08/10/2016 by Bifrost
#21178 Posted: 13:20:14 08/10/2016
Quote: Spyro Lover122
Saw all of them on Insta. I don't know how tall I expected Krankcase to be, but I love it. I actually wanted all of them to be around the Trap Master size, and it looks like that's what we got. Nice.

Well, that's what I wanted too, but others, [Like Drek95], prefer smaller figs for smaller characters for both plot-related and economic reasons, which if were trying to collect them all without waiting til next year to buy most of them used for cheap, i'd probably like better tooo, but i like how detailed the larger figure's sculpts are, so... ffffffffffff
---
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#21179 Posted: 13:20:43 08/10/2016
@sprocketrocket

Besides Light, what Crystals were you able to get? How is the quality of the build?
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
DreamTeam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1503
#21180 Posted: 13:26:21 08/10/2016
Quote: Street50

Its Official! *leaves* YES!!!!!!!!!
---
i dont know what else to say, xox
Also i dont really care for skylanders anymore
#21181 Posted: 13:27:47 08/10/2016
I only got light but, from inside the packages they all look great! It is pretty hard to mess up with only one color of paint! Also light is great one thing though, it feels hollow in a way... it's weird, the bases feel hollow aswell
---
#21182 Posted: 13:27:57 08/10/2016
I'm having plenty of good discussion not talking to someone who constantly likes to nitpick and derail just because they can, and is as enjoyable to engage as stubbing your toe on a wall repeatedly, thank you very much.

They're a bit taller than Trap Masters, but waaay wider, wow. I need to finish my display stat to open up space.

My question was 'how long do I have to 'play nice' before you realize I'm not 'playing'"
I'm trying to shape up, but I want to kinda have an idea how long so I have something to look forward to.
Weeks? Months? fortnights? just give me some idea...
I know! How long did it take you to warm up to Yroc after he reformed?
That might give me a better idea.

I mean, I've only really made one sorta-nasty post in the past few days, but otherwise I've held back.

I don't expect to be aquitted, but I mean, probation?
Is that on the table at least?
Because I don't want to do any of that really, I just get carried away really easily, and I posted without much restraint.
That's why I've decided to hold my tongue from a week ago or so onward.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:32:24 08/10/2016 by juarmo
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8310
#21183 Posted: 13:29:20 08/10/2016
May be Sky 7 will have customizable worlds?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#21184 Posted: 13:29:21 08/10/2016

Oh... OH CRAP! First Level Playthrough...
DreamTeam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1503
#21185 Posted: 13:30:40 08/10/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

"Take Your Imagination to the next level by creating worlds and more options to make your skylanders! This is Skylanders Imaginators 2!"
---
i dont know what else to say, xox
Also i dont really care for skylanders anymore
#21186 Posted: 13:33:34 08/10/2016
Yroc proved his maturity. Demanding attention isn't going to get my respect anytime soon. And that's all I'm saying for the time being, because I don't spare my patience for this anymore.

HIHD, if they add a level editor on Sky 7, I'd probably explode woth excitement. Even a single fully customizable(and open to online visits) lair is my jam already, I miss that mechanic from Skylanders Universe so much. I still remember my Earth/Undead island and its decorations made to match the color palette ;-;
---
#21187 Posted: 13:41:38 08/10/2016
Quote: DreamTeam

"Take Your Imagination to the next level by creating worlds and more options to make your skylanders! This is Skylanders Imaginators 2!"

If they can expand on the gimmick with more classes, heck, even if they didn't, i'd be all for reusing the gimmick (I want quadrupedal classes *cough*Dragonoid*Cough*, cause if they plan to restrict them by body type, it might as well have a quadraped [and VV will probably reuse skylanders instead of villains, {which MIGHT have kept them from making a Dragonoid class in the first place, cause there weren't any dragon villains}, so there's hope for Spyro as a Sensei])

PS: does anyone think its odd for the reformed villains to be Sensei?
I don't think teachers are allowed to have much of a criminal record in real life, and there's a lot more at stake if something bad happens at Skylanders Academy than a public school.
By endangering the lives of aspiring heroes, you're endangering the lives of anyone they could have saved...
---
#21188 Posted: 13:42:09 08/10/2016
yeah i'd love if you could make a swap force sized level and put anything you want in it

i could do a MEGA level with 3 boss battles, tonnes of enemies and at the end you fight kaos
that would be so awesome

oh and also put brutes and the chompy walker thingies, those were awesome
---
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#21189 Posted: 13:42:36 08/10/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I just skimmed it but I like how the atmosphere changed like halfway through.

And oh my god I never heard Spyro's NPC voice before and he sounds so nasally. Between this and his pug eyes I don't like him as an NPC at all. I didn't see him fighting enemies either, though again, I just skimmed... I simply can't get down with this storytellers thing.

Personally making some of the most popular skylanders into npcs is a smart move...the franchise would have some recognizable heros and it would also help develop the charcters and extend on their stories. I really hope they continue making skylanders npc in the future instead of just forgetting about such great charcters.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#21190 Posted: 13:44:40 08/10/2016
Quote: sprocketrocket
I only got light but, from inside the packages they all look great! It is pretty hard to mess up with only one color of paint! Also light is great one thing though, it feels hollow in a way... it's weird, the bases feel hollow aswell

Great info sprocketrocket! Thanks!

If you (or anybody) happen to see 2 or more Crystals Designs of the same Element, can you take pics of the SKUs? Reason, trying to see if the Crystals of the same Element share the same SKU. Hope they dont share.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#21191 Posted: 13:45:54 08/10/2016
are there any giant npc's? like tree rex or eye brawl?
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
#21192 Posted: 13:46:35 08/10/2016
you know whats weird? in the first giants trailer they are HUGE they are basically the size of the arkeyan conquertrons! its really strange that they couldnt of just made them atleast twice as big in game
---
#21193 Posted: 13:47:55 08/10/2016
you know whats weird? in the first giants trailer they are HUGE they are basically the size of the arkeyan conquertrons! its really strange that they couldnt of just made them atleast twice as big in game

That's because they only had a year to make the game! Also that would be difficult to put on a shelf.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#21194 Posted: 13:55:43 08/10/2016
Quote: juarmo
Quote: DreamTeam

If they can expand on the gimmick with more classes, heck, even if they didn't, i'd be all for reusing the gimmick (I want quadrupedal classes *cough*Dragonoid*Cough*, cause if they plan to restrict them by body type, it might as well have a quadraped [and VV will probably reuse skylanders instead of villains, {which MIGHT have kept them from making a Dragonoid class in the first place, cause there weren't any dragon villains}, so there's hope for Spyro as a Sensei])

PS: does anyone think its odd for the reformed villains to be Sensei?
I don't think teachers are allowed to have much of a criminal record in real life, and there's a lot more at stake if something bad happens at Skylanders Academy than a public school.
By endangering the lives of aspiring heroes, you're endangering the lives of anyone they could have saved...

finaly anthor one that think that put the villains as senseis is a little wierd.
i belive that there is some sort of rank system among the skylanders, everytime a new skylander joins he started as a cadet in the academy, then after he finished his trainning he become a skylander. the giants, swap force, trap masters and the senseis are some sort of elite teams so mabey they had a completley diffrent kind of trainning, and the senseis are mabey the best of the best among those teams.
thats why its a liitle wierd that the villains turnd to be part of the best of the best even when unlike all the skylanders they did nothing good until now, they should be cadets and learn how to be skylanders instead of teaching other cadets how to be skylanders.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#21195 Posted: 13:58:12 08/10/2016
"Hello, My name is the Golden Queen and I'm your sensei! Yeah, I know, I was the leader of Doom Raiders and I almost enslaved all of you two years ago but, oh well, it's not a big deal, isn't it?"
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#21196 Posted: 13:58:27 08/10/2016
Oh, those new crystals look cool!
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#21197 Posted: 13:59:38 08/10/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

That's because they only had a year to make the game! Also that would be difficult to put on a shelf.

Also packaging size. They'd have to charge as much as Lightseekers with figures that have the right size and also LightCore, and with half a year to finish they'd never finish production in time.
---
#21198 Posted: 14:02:54 08/10/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Also packaging size. They'd have to charge as much as Lightseekers with figures that have the right size and also LightCore, and with half a year to finish they'd never finish production in time.

i meant bigger ingame
---
First | Previous | Page 424 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 422 423 424 425 426 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me