darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > *Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
First | Previous | Page 12 of 13 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
*Discussion* Unresettable Creation Crystals are a horrible idea and here's why
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#551 Posted: 00:20:36 06/10/2016
That, and the fact that they say the same exact thing about Upgrade Paths. That's a stupid rebuttal! It's a dumb decision and will cause a lot of backlash and confusion
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#552 Posted: 00:26:19 06/10/2016
Because when choosing a path the wording is very similar, there's no reason that a kid familiar with the series would assume choosing a class is any more permanent than choosing an upgrade path on a regular Skylander - you'll have to lose all your character's progress (and in this case would have to recreate it) but otherwise it's completely reversible.

Unless this changes before I get the game (which will be at the end of this game's life cycle since I like to wait until all the characters are already out to get it), I will not be getting more Creation Crystals than come with the game/Adventure Packs/whatever else if anything. I like to restart these games from scratch every now and then, and that includes using level 1 characters. It'd be no fun to be stuck with the characters I created and levelled my first playthrough - I'd want to make something new.

I seriously do hope that there gets to be enough of a problem that Activision is forced to respond. And I really don't understand the logic behind not even having them be resetable - isn't losing the current character, with all their experience, gold and customization, enough of a reason to get a new crystal for a new character rather than resetting the one you have? It's not like their core audience wants to have absolutely everything (and would get 100 crystals to do it) or would put much research into what class is best for what element. They're kids - Activision'd get the same money from them either way.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10269
#553 Posted: 00:32:22 06/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Same, ladala. I might not even play much with the crystals I plan to get (second hand, again) past their elemental power level requirement, since they'll be forever a step above regular Skylanders due to bigger level cap.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#554 Posted: 00:34:10 06/10/2016
People should look it up on the internet then?

I have never ever bought a game before without doing some research first and I honestly have no sympathy for those parents that will complain about it later on.

They choose to give their kids their money and the kids decided to buy those crystals.
It's your own fault when you don't pay attention to what your kid is buying.
Not Activisions.

I mean yeah it is a dick move to make the crystals unresettable but you gotta live with that decision. It's their game and they can do with it whatever they want.

If you want all the battleclasses you have to pay for it...just like everything else in life.
---
i am trash
#555 Posted: 00:36:30 06/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, I can not pay for crystals, spend 10 bucks on SoulCalibur 3, and have every class avaliable to every character I create.

Except Chronicles of the Sword, though more because leveling up customs other than your main character is a pain and you usually get new default members with higher levels.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:37:22 06/10/2016 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#556 Posted: 00:37:16 06/10/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
I realized in the game they flat-out tell you it's a final decision and don't let you choose yes or no until Eon specifically says that. So, we can't really say they don't warn people about this.

Sure, they warn you when you first place the Crystal you just bought on the Portal the first time you can actually do so, after the game's introduction (and even that line could be understimated by kids, as the TheToyNerd already said).
But they should also warn you right on the Crystals' boxes, before you spend your money on them.

Not to mention the early demos didn't even had that warning, which leads me to believe this is yet another "last minute" change like Traptanium Elemental Gates or villains' timer.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#557 Posted: 00:39:57 06/10/2016
I decided to delete this part because of how stupid my argument is.

I know it sounds like I'm desperately trying to defend, and... truthfully I'm just as unhappy as anyone else about this scumbag decision. And I honestly don't know why I've been trying to defend it, maybe it's just because I try to be more optimistic or because I just want to enjoy the game as it is without being reminded of this elephant in the room... I don't know.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:44 06/10/2016 by AdamGregory03
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#558 Posted: 00:40:36 06/10/2016
I'm just going to ignore the Unresettable Crystals thing, it's obvious they're not gonna change it unless by some last minute patch on crystals they make it to where they can reset
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#559 Posted: 00:42:29 06/10/2016
Quote: Takadox360

I have never ever bought a game before without doing some research first and I honestly have no sympathy for those parents that will complain about it later on.

They choose to give their kids their money and the kids decided to buy those crystals.
Not Activisions.

I mean yeah it is a dick move to make the crystals unresettable but you gotta live with that decision. It's their game and they can do with it whatever they want.

If you want all the battleclasses you have to pay for it...just like everything else in life.

Yeah, how about no? Kids are whiny m************ who just whine to hell until their parents buy them something. And then when a parent buys that the have the trust in the product that they will have control over the product in the same way they can control a computer, TV, or anything else. If they want to factory reset something they should because that is the gold standard almost every company follows. Also try telling me that BS you said about having no sympathy for parents later. All that tells me is that you're a heartless *******.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#560 Posted: 00:44:30 06/10/2016

Not Activisions.

Thing is, where would one go to find this information. It's not anywhere on the site nor is it mentioned in any official videos sooo... I guess we have to assume that every random parent knows what SkylandersCharacterList.com is!

Yes, they warn you in the game, but it's super vague and nobody in their right mind will instantly understand what that means! When you first saw that message, you assumed that you could reset it, right? That wasn't a thought that would cross your mind at all! What I'm trying to say here is, raise a freaking stink about this before they go and hurt themselves at Christmas time.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#561 Posted: 00:45:44 06/10/2016
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

Not Activisions.

Yeah, how about no? Kids are whiny m************ who just whine to hell until their parents buy them something. And then when a parent buys that the have the trust in the product that they will have control over the product in the same way they can control a computer, TV, or anything else. If they want to factory reset something they should because that is the gold standard almost every company follows. Also try telling me that BS you said about having no sympathy for parents later. All that tells me is that you're a heartless *******.

Educate your children y'all.
---
i am trash
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#562 Posted: 00:46:06 06/10/2016
Crystalgate will only get worse from here. Mark my words.
#563 Posted: 00:53:08 06/10/2016
Quote: ZapNorris

Or... Only like two or five of the clueless parents will actually call in to complain about it.

I dunno, just throwing that out there as a possibility.
---
Check this out! Please?
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#564 Posted: 00:56:59 06/10/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: ZapNorris

Or... Only like two or five of the clueless parents will actually call in to complain about it.

I dunno, just throwing that out there as a possibility.

I'm going to be mind****ed if that happens
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#565 Posted: 00:58:13 06/10/2016
I understand your point of view Adam, I really do, but I simply can't be optimistic about this (unless we are talking about potential ways of fixing it, then I'm with you) without simply ignoring it.
Which certainly is an option, not the one I want to choose.

I tried to find a logic explanation behind this decision, and not even "more money" is an exshaustive answer because despite what that ignorant and clueless guy said during the demos, Activision has directly refused to simply let us pay for the ability to reset them.
It's just a stupid short-sighted choice, which limits the gimmick instead of improving it: and because of that I just can't accept nor ignore it.

Problems like that will happen, we aren't the majority of the customers: if I didn't tell my cousins Crystals weren't resettable they would have asked for them as Christmas presents, and the surprise they would have received probably wouldn't have made them happy.
The truth is the majority of the customers buy whatever they want without enquiring about it: the age doesn't matter, it could be parents buying presents for their kids or direct customers wanting to try it out because they saw it on TV.
Should they know what they are buying better?
Of course.
Are they to blame completely?
I don't think so.

Activision always makes the informations they want us to get very clear, and this is a pretty important aspect that might change the potential customer's mind.
Oh.
Maybe that's exactly the problem, after all...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:00:03 06/10/2016 by Drek95
#566 Posted: 01:03:50 06/10/2016
Just to piggyback off of what Drek said, imagine how many kids wanted characters like Tuff Luck or Ninjini for Christmas but got disappointed because those Waves hadn't released yet. Now, the Wave structure is a lot more understandable than removing a key feature from a Skylanders toy, but you get what I mean, right?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#567 Posted: 02:44:31 06/10/2016
tbh, i don't really see this as enough of an issue to not buy crystals. I'm still gonna buy crystals.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#568 Posted: 02:54:01 06/10/2016
Yeah Im still buying crystals too, but theyll just be an occasional purchase. Im focusing more on Senseis at least until they patch in the reset button
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#569 Posted: 13:17:32 06/10/2016
No idea. The imaginator idea is good, but I think if they'd make just some pupil (core) Skylanders that wear a simple fighting sport outfit or a Shaolin robe, that we could personolize. So it's just some more useless stuff at the next game.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#570 Posted: 18:38:46 06/10/2016
Ideas...

Once a Crystal reaches a certain level, allow it to "respec" to a different class if they so choose. This would invite the purchase of additional senseis, without alienating/forcing us to look into tools they don't want us to use.

They could also tie a crystal respect to having a particular sensei group, maybe some combination of element/type.
- Unreall
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#571 Posted: 18:49:41 06/10/2016
Frankly I'd be o.k. with some in game cost of say 1000 gold (total arbitrary number) if they wanted to make it a mechanic of some time. Any solution feels wrong at this point since we're asking for a feature that's been on every Skylander since SSA. I personally feel this is about greed plain and simple...that's also why I feel this will never be fixed with a patch. This is something they want. It wasn't some development over site. The only thing I could see swaying their decision would be all the negative outcry from both the general public and retailers (think of all those unhappy returns and shelf warmers when people realize what's up). That will hit their bottom line so it might force them to change...time will tell.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#572 Posted: 18:50:43 06/10/2016
^ I don't even see a point in that. Resetting and starting at zero should be fine and should already be implemented, as it is with all other existing Skylanders toys.
#573 Posted: 18:53:50 06/10/2016
Quote: McMurderpaws
^ I don't even see a point in that. Resetting and starting at zero should be fine and should already be implemented, as it is with all other existing Skylanders toys.

This. It's not even that difficult to patch in! It's a goddamn reset button...
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#574 Posted: 18:58:26 06/10/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

lol and it's not even a physical button, it's a software button!!!!

I don't know man they seem to be an island unto themselves on this (I'd love to know if maybe retailers had some feed back on this I mean forcing (obviously it's a consumers choice) people to buy more crystals means more sales right?). While we are the vocal minority we pretty much all agree that this stinks.
#575 Posted: 18:59:35 06/10/2016
Quote: Tigorus
Quote: TheToyNerd

lol and it's not even a physical button, it's a software button!!!!

AND it's a button they already have, since they're already resetting crystals at conventions and test plays!
#576 Posted: 19:43:27 06/10/2016
I think Activision wants to see if customers are willing to accept this just to have the possibility to experiment with Crystals.

Everyone is free to make their choice of course, but I won't buy any Crystal's Single Pack until we either discover a way to hack them/a feature inside the game we still don't know about or they activate the reset button.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#577 Posted: 20:30:35 06/10/2016
I'm still going to buy Creation Crystals, because there are some characters I know I want to make and they won't change (beyond some adjustments to their costumes as better options get unlocked).

But I tell you this: the FIRST thing I'm going to do is put the crystals through Pyrofer's program to record their starting data and save the info for later, just in case.
#578 Posted: 20:45:10 06/10/2016
Oh, I'm going to buy one Crystal per Element as well: the problem isn't if, but when, as I'm completely confident this problem will be solved, either by fans or developers.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#579 Posted: 09:43:24 07/10/2016 | Topic Creator
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games...estion_request/

Also, in case anyone still thinks the devs just rush the game willingly and add the unecessary paywalls when they feel like it.
I'll buy the game, becauss I respect TFB. I won't get crystals from stores, because in turn I don't like Acti's choice.

(Reddit thread omments instead of just the article since there are more stores)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:44:31 07/10/2016 by Bifrost
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5511
#580 Posted: 20:05:14 07/10/2016

Not Activisions.

Why would it even occur to parents to look up whether or not crystals can be reset? Resetting save data is a basic, expected feature in pretty much all software. Most parents don't have time to scour message boards all day to learn that these kinds of issues exist.

Activision should have put a clear notice on the box that says "Data on Creation Crystals cannot be reset". As it stands, most kids and parents are only going to find out about it after they've already opened the packaging. Activision would rather deal with the (presumably) few parents who will actually bother to complain than deal with the much larger amount of parents who just wouldn't buy crystals in the first place if the truth was actually advertized to them.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#581 Posted: 18:29:23 09/10/2016
ok 12 pages is to much info to try to sort through for the answer im after so im just going to ask it.

what about the crystals is not reset-able? just the class ( brawler, sorcerer etc.) or the character entirely (as in outfit and body parts)?

im asking cause we have to unlock the various body parts, weapons and armor and it would suck to be so limited in parts at first and being unable to change them later. i see a lot of "o that head looks cool but now i have to buy another crystal to use it". if its the entire character im just going to buy crystals and not use them until i have everything unlocked. thanks in advanced.
#582 Posted: 18:35:34 09/10/2016
^ The Battle Class becomes locked to the crystal, so if you don't like the way a class plays or it doesn't have good synergy with the element, you're stuck with it. You also can't reset your Imaginator back to level 1 if you want to replay the game.

You can literally change costume parts and gear at any time, even mid-battle.
#583 Posted: 18:40:34 09/10/2016
Quote: Alphawolf
ok 12 pages is to much info to try to sort through for the answer im after so im just going to ask it.

what about the crystals is not reset-able? just the class ( brawler, sorcerer etc.) or the character entirely (as in outfit and body parts)?

im asking cause we have to unlock the various body parts, weapons and armor and it would suck to be so limited in parts at first and being unable to change them later. i see a lot of "o that head looks cool but now i have to buy another crystal to use it". if its the entire character im just going to buy crystals and not use them until i have everything unlocked. thanks in advanced.

As of now, you can't change the Class of your Imaginator.
You can change everything about him/her (weapon, parts, size, colors, personality) as long as that Class allow the ones you want.

We currently don't know if this will be changed throught patches or if there is some way in-game which has yet to be discovered.

I just realized something, though: is there at least a way to reset the level and gold, or you can't do that as well?
I mean... It wouldn't be as important as it is for Skylanders, but it would be yet another feature taken away.

EDIT: oh.
So you can't.
Well, let's add yet another thing which doesn't make sense to the pile.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:43:00 09/10/2016 by Drek95
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#584 Posted: 19:48:39 09/10/2016
You can also change powers at any time, but once you've upgraded a power, you can't downgrade it. You can still switch to a different one, though.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#585 Posted: 00:40:43 10/10/2016
thanks for the info guys, helped me out a lot.
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#586 Posted: 03:21:34 10/10/2016
Can crystals be used in their packet? Going to be annoying if I buy a crystal that someone returned that has had a class chosen.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#587 Posted: 03:27:28 10/10/2016
Quote: mantez
Can crystals be used in their packet? Going to be annoying if I buy a crystal that someone returned that has had a class chosen.

Yes, Crystals can be used in the box.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#588 Posted: 03:58:21 10/10/2016
Quote: mantez

Yes, they can. But I don't think that will be that common of an occurrence. Might happen to like, one or two people, but the only people I can think of actually wanting to do something like that probably wouldn't care enough about Skylanders to actually buy the game to use the Crystals.
---
Check this out! Please?
#589 Posted: 00:37:08 13/10/2016
Oh poo... I've kinda just accepted it at this point anyway, so I can't really complain too much. Thank god for the Creator App, though! Now my brother and I know exactly what characters to make and what Battlw Classes they'll be.
#590 Posted: 00:54:49 13/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Creator App definately softened the blow. No gameplay,but you can match the powers there already and test with any element or class with zero issue, albeit at worse quality.
---
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#591 Posted: 00:55:44 13/10/2016
Quote: Drawdler
The idea of resetting Crystals by just connecting them to 3DSSA is a no-go. I haven't tried corrupting one, but a BNIB unused one just says it's not supported.

Do Traps still show up as corrupted after resetting them though? Or just when they actually have data in them? While I don't know much about programming, it's possible that it's only when it has data written to it, since they have different data in the same spot, making it look to SSA3DS as a corrupt figure.

Granted, wild guess and Imaginators are more like regular Skylanders than Traps are.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5726
#592 Posted: 03:21:14 13/10/2016
I remember some years back, right around Giants, I actually tried scanning some of my Giants characters into SSA 3DS. They scanned in as nothing as well, and I believe I know the reason why. New figures have nothing on them except for the special key that marks them. When they are scanned into a compatible game, data is written for that figure, such as Gold, XP, etc. If they are not scanned into a compatible game, the game will attempt to find data for the figure, and finding none, will essentially say, "Here's what I got, not sure what it is.". The only true way to see if the Crystals can be reset by SSA 3DS is by having a Crystal that has already been used, which means make sure that it has a Battle Class you want ahead of time.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#593 Posted: 03:54:59 13/10/2016
Quote: Drek95
I think Activision wants to see if customers are willing to accept this just to have the possibility to experiment with Crystals..

Exactly. In Giants they experimented with the fact that a figure costs $14.99, now they want to see if we'll accept hard coded decisions and simply buy more. That's the bottom line. If word gets out and there's an outcry I'm pretty sure they're going to patch the software and they will need to apply stickers to the crystals in order for them to sell.

This is a $10 crystal, mind you. And the design is much easier than a figure.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:55:51 13/10/2016 by TakeYourLemons
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#594 Posted: 09:29:08 13/10/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Drek95
I think Activision wants to see if customers are willing to accept this just to have the possibility to experiment with Crystals..

they want to see if we'll accept hard coded decisions and simply buy more. That's the bottom line.

i feared they are gonna push this further in the next game smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#595 Posted: 10:33:16 13/10/2016
Quote: Drawdler
The idea of resetting Crystals by just connecting them to 3DSSA is a no-go. I haven't tried corrupting one, but a BNIB unused one just says it's not supported.

Try again.
Do you know how to do it properly because ...I just reset a magic crystal twice!!! Using the sa 3ds trick
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#596 Posted: 10:40:43 13/10/2016
Yep I had an Imaginator in it . I t wasn't levelled up though. Just level 1

I'll try the chests in s bit

Edit: I'll have to check the chests tomorrow coz it's late and someone stole the Tv back lol.

But from the way the chest functioned, I don't think they technically "store" resettable data so I don't think it'll work for them. I think they just have a random code that the game remembers not to pay out parts for again. But that'll need to be tested anyway I guess lol
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:01:45 13/10/2016 by B-BOB358
First | Previous | Page 12 of 13 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me